Other Obscure fandoms you'd like to RP

I don’t know if anyone would be interested in it and I usually don’t do fandom RPs... But I’d probably make an OC for Altered Carbon! I’m so in love with that series! <3

I've been toying with the idea of making a roleplay based on Chew (a comic about people with food related superowers). Any setting in which people can craft laser guns from choclate is worthy of an rp or two.

Not huge on fandom RPs (I always feel like I need to know every detail about an existing fandom before I join a RP, bc I have this paranoia that my character will say one sentence that contradicts some deep, obscure piece of Harry Potter lore or something and I'll get called out lol) but I really wanna try a Shoujo Kageki Revue Starlight roleplay. You can easily slot OCs into the setting, and it has a really fun concept.

Also, this isn't an obscure fandom at all and I've definitely seen roleplays based on it, but Danganronpa. I'm including it here because I've actually never seen one get past the planning stages unfortunately (probably because it requires a ton of it to establish who is going to die each chapter, who the mastermind is, and because unless people play multiple characters, they're not really too enthusiastic about having their character be killed off).

Oh and Idolm@ster. Not an obscure fandom teeechnically because it's huge in Japan, but I've definitely never seen any roleplays based on it. I think I'd be down to do any kind of idol roleplay, but one with an idolm@ster themed premise at least would be cool

I really like the Outsiders, I’d love to try a rp out like that. I’ve done some Slice of Life gang stuff, but none of it ever lasts. Same thing whenever I get a handle on a Percy Jackson Universe rp. I always come up with these well thought out prophecies and story lines with another person, but it always drops before we lift off.

One I saw here that I never thought about rping is the Court of Thorns and Roses/ Throne of Glass Universe, have only read one of the books, wasn’t super into it, but I thought the world and idea of it all was very cool.

I'm not sure if this is a good thread for this, because BnHA is far from obscure, but I'd like an RP that breaks the pattern of how they usually go, with a normal American public school with superhero stuff as an elective, rather than a private school. The students know each other, the rest of the student body either hates or worships them, and there's gum under all the desks.

Refund high.

There were so many things I wanted to ask about but knew nobody would know...

Doomsday Wonderland - Absolutely adore, adore Lin Sanjiu. And the general worldbuilding, characters and amusing ability descriptions really get me right in the gut! This world would be the roleplay of my dreams.

In/Spectre - Love the interactions between Kotoko and Kurou! Kotoko is just such a darkly funny-cute character and such a badass sometimes. The episodic stories are so... mystical? Fantasy-like? Until the realism of the characters and situations hit you in the face.

Oof, I'm sure I have more but I can't remember them, darn!

Last edited:
Not huge on fandom RPs (I always feel like I need to know every detail about an existing fandom before I join a RP, bc I have this paranoia that my character will say one sentence that contradicts some deep, obscure piece of Harry Potter lore or something and I'll get called out lol) but I really wanna try a Shoujo Kageki Revue Starlight roleplay. You can easily slot OCs into the setting, and it has a really fun concept.

Also, this isn't an obscure fandom at all and I've definitely seen roleplays based on it, but Danganronpa. I'm including it here because I've actually never seen one get past the planning stages unfortunately (probably because it requires a ton of it to establish who is going to die each chapter, who the mastermind is, and because unless people play multiple characters, they're not really too enthusiastic about having their character be killed off).

Oh and Idolm@ster. Not an obscure fandom teeechnically because it's huge in Japan, but I've definitely never seen any roleplays based on it. I think I'd be down to do any kind of idol roleplay, but one with an idolm@ster themed premise at least would be cool
Danganronpa-
Kamakura Kamakura yas Queen!

I've been super into the Chronicles of Darkness RPGs for like a month, but have had zero luck finding a game. A non-dice roleplay would probably scratch that itch.

And another RPG I discovered when thinking about AUs for my current D&D party, Masks, would be great RP material, but school won't stop being a b**** long enough for me to have free time.
Also, Shadowrun. Too many RPGs, too little time.

The Clan of the Cave Bear (The Earth's Children Series)

One of these days I'm going to find another soul who loves prehistory and cave people as much as I do, and when that happens it's going to be glorious.

Oh shit you're right, that would be an incredible rp! I haven't read those in so long, haha.

I too throw in a vote for His Dark Materials (maybe after the BBC/HBO show drops next year there will be more interest?), and I'd also really love to do something set in the Iron Dragon's Daughter universe, but I know literally one other person who has read that.

And I really, really, really want to do a Gentleman Bastards rp sometime.

For me, it has to be either Rainbow Six Siege, or Warframe.

Both have so much unwritten lore and depth to explore but I admit they are pretty niche types of things to RP.

I'd be pretty tempted by a Wheel of Time fandom, but I never see that one listed, despite running in to a surprising amount of people who have indeed heard of the books. :/

Repo! The Genetic Opera (10/10 would play an awesome graverobber although maybe let me watch it again real fast)

Fablehaven (Got one! Yay!)

Smack me in the face with a really aggressive iZombie reboot, featuring my Zangy Male™ Zombie ME.

I'd rp Phantasy Star Online, Episode 3 specifically. But I'm not sure many people even know it existed 😅
and also not sure how to rp card battles lol

I think for me, it would be Ava’s Demon and Aggretsuko, I haven’t seen any roleplays on the site with those fandoms. Though, I’m kinda the type of person that really avoids using the canon characters and instead prefers to use alternate universes with original characters. <3

I think for me, it would be Ava’s Demon and Aggretsuko, I haven’t seen any roleplays on the site with those fandoms. Though, I’m kinda the type of person that really avoids using the canon characters and instead prefers to use alternate universes with original characters. <3
Ava's Demon is cool. I'd join that if I had the time.

As I'm the queen of falling in love with old and obscure fandoms, I've had many-a-situation of casting out my 1x1 interest thread (with canon or OC characters) to no avail.

I have a soft spot for 80s/90s/00s TV shows:
  • The Wonder Years (craving)
  • My So Called Life
  • Dawson's Creek
  • The Nanny
  • Ballykissangel
  • Flight 29 Down
Among many others~

Maybe not too obscure, but Corpse Party, Kokkuri-san, Clock Tower, Fatal Frame, White Day: A Labyrinth Called School, Siren- I could go on. Basically, many many J-horror and K-horror games and a comedy anime about a girl who summons a spirit that ends up taking care of her.

Man, going though this makes me wish that I not only was caught up on all my old fandom flames but that I had some sort of drive to rp anymore.

His Dark Material, Oban Star Racers, Thundercats - original and remake - Star Trek TNG, Stargate Universe, 2k3 TMNT......man, I haven't thought to rp these in years. And anything in the isekai genre is my favorite. Especially if it's got a similar flare as Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet - a show I highly recommend - or Made in Abyss - something I just got into that has a similar feel - even if neither are true isekai. Anything with someone's beliefs being tested to that extreme is gold in its own right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back