Other Obscure fandoms you'd like to RP

I just watched a Youtube series called Wayne not too long ago so I'll throw that in. I haven't seen anyone roleplaying the characters from it besides a couple of Tumblr accounts.

Maybe not so obscure but the fandom RPs that I always come back to at some point or another are Mass Effect, Dragon Age, DC Comics (specifically Batman), and Naruto.

Oh, my obscure one would be Gattaca. I love the movie and, at the very least, using the premise as a basis for a RP would be amazing.

Maybe not so obscure but the fandom RPs that I always come back to at some point or another are Mass Effect, Dragon Age, DC Comics (specifically Batman), and Naruto.

Oh, my obscure one would be Gattaca. I love the movie and, at the very least, using the premise as a basis for a RP would be amazing.
Holy shit, Gattaca would be great. The movie has a bunch of great ideas that would make it phenomenal for a setting for an RP.

Honestly? Mega Man Star Force and Star Blazers. The latter is even harder to find fans of because it is so old. The only person I know, other than myself, is my dad, as he watched the Western adaptation of SB as a kid and we watched it together as well.

While I'm at it, I'm not sure but, does Futurama count? RP-wise, there's little fandom around it.
Also, the Firelight series (a book series written by an author named Sophie Jordan).

It’s not really obscure but it doesn’t have that many fans for roleplaying it, but Final Fantasy XV. I’ve been wanting to rp it for some time, and I did find a few partners for it, but they all ended up dying before we could start. So I’m still searching but no luck so far.

It’s not really obscure but it doesn’t have that many fans for roleplaying it, but Final Fantasy XV. I’ve been wanting to rp it for some time, and I did find a few partners for it, but they all ended up dying before we could start. So I’m still searching but no luck so far.
D... Dying? Huh???

YOU BEAUTIFUL HUMAN GATTACA IS MY FAVORITE MOVIE

YOU BEAUTIFUL HUMAN GATTACA IS MY FAVORITE MOVIE
Gattaca is a fantastic example of a sci fi that is understated, timeless, doesn't rely on violence to drive the plot forward, and uses "show not tell" for its worldbuilding through dialogue and set pieces which would make it perfect for roleplaying. Also the dialogue is fantastic, poetic; and the imagery of Jerome dragging himself up the helix staircase will never not be iconic in my mind.

All my feels.

I've been super into the Chronicles of Darkness RPGs for like a month, but have had zero luck finding a game. A non-dice roleplay would probably scratch that itch.

And another RPG I discovered when thinking about AUs for my current D&D party, Masks, would be great RP material, but school won't stop being a b**** long enough for me to have free time.

I'm probably the only fan of the show on here, but I've been dreaming of doing a Zombieland Saga RP, maybe something where it's a different group of actual dead musicians that get necroed instead.

Welcome to Night Vale. I don't know how obscure the fandom itself is, but I know that I've never seen or even heard it mentioned on an RP website before. Maybe because it would be so open-ended and absurdist without a good GM and a good plot? Idk. I just love the atmosphere and would love to translate that into an RP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back