Other Obscure fandoms you'd like to RP

This doesn’t help but I want it to be known...

I feel I could play a decent Katsura and Elizabeth.

It really depends on what kind of rp you're trying to do. Because both approaches will work but for different stuff. Also depends on number of people participating etc.

It can be with let's say 3 players taking canon yorozuya or 15 players as random members of the Shinsengumi for example.
That's very true, actually to answer my last thing you could also have anyone who plays a canon either than the main trio have someone else to play to make sure they are constantly able to RP. But I think playing around with OC's that are members of organizations would work well too. But that's implying you get a lot of interest which unfortunately does not for this fandom.

If we were though I still think the main villain organizations or characters should be off limits except to the GM's. But honestly either way pulling off a Gintama RP right would be absolutely amazing and would be an absolute blast.

This doesn’t help but I want it to be known...

I feel I could play a decent Katsura and Elizabeth.
I would love to see that. It's funny how we have now began brainstorming ideas for making this work while I am struggling to do much right now. We need to stay in touch about this because if we could find other people interested this could actually work out really well.

Villains would have to be the GM’s.

Canon Characters would need a raffle as I imagine most people would want to play as sakata gin.

Original characters would be easy to make as the whole thing is simple to imagine.. a samurai from the war, a rebal, a officer, a alien humanoid who is sympathetic to how the earth is treated.

A Gintama rp will probably happen.

You could make one part of the rp “a popularity contest” and the person with the highest likes on Rpn would be ranked higher aha

If we were though I still think the main villain organizations or characters should be off limits except to the GM's.

I agree with this. It could be taken by GM for purposes of story progression.

Yeah, surprisingly there isn't much interest in this fandom. It was honestly a revelation for me that it's not popular lol

It just needs a bit of advertising to the people in the right Timezone aha

Villains would have to be the GM’s.

Canon Characters would need a raffle as I imagine most people would want to play as sakata gin.

Original characters would be easy to make as the whole thing is simple to imagine.. a samurai from the war, a rebal, a officer, a alien humanoid who is sympathetic to how the earth is treated.

A Gintama rp will probably happen.

You could make one part of the rp “a popularity contest” and the person with the highest likes on Rpn would be ranked higher aha
Oh of course that would be a hilarious way to replace a "character poll arc" imagine if we got REALLY META with it and begged people in character for likes or something like that for something like that. (Although that might be too spammy so it's more like a spur of the moment thought) but I think one of us should do Gintoki if we do it, as I mean I am confident I could do it as I have done it a couple times already.

I agree with this. It could be taken by GM for purposes of story progression.

Yeah, surprisingly there isn't much interest in this fandom. It was honestly a revelation for me that it's not popular lol
Yeah it was for me too, I thought it would be SOMEWHAT more popular than I found out it was when I tried making a RP for it initially. But I knew it was sort of obscure in the west, but I do know it's popularity is on the rise.

Anyway I think we have SERIOUSLY derailed this whole thing, and I think we should move our conversation to PM.

Indeed. Sorry for derailing the topic. It should go back on track now.

Mad Max: Fury Road and Mad Max (1979) are ones I'd love to RP! I'm also interested in anything in the Tarantino-verse.

I doubt there’s even a f a n d o m of this book but I’ve always wanted to do a roleplay in the world of “The Call”. Possibly expand on the Sidhe-Human war (at least until I get the closure that comes with the second book)

Brent weeks wrote the night angel trilogy which would be a awesome fandom.
He also wrote I think it’s called the broken eye, it is also a trilogy I think but I don’t know the other names.

Both series is medieval type fantasy.

The Legend of Dragoon, which is an rpg not many people heard of, sadly. Epic fantasy/medieval world on par with Final Fantasy series.

The Legend of Dragoon, which is an rpg not many people heard of, sadly. Epic fantasy/medieval world on par with Final Fantasy series.
I love The Legend of Dragoon but it's been an ill-minute since I've played it. I don't know if it's that not many have heard of it, I feel like maybe it's just been a while, lol.

Going off that: I'd totally be down for a Rogue Galaxy based game :p

I love The Legend of Dragoon but it's been an ill-minute since I've played it. I don't know if it's that not many have heard of it, I feel like maybe it's just been a while, lol.

Going off that: I'd totally be down for a Rogue Galaxy based game :p

Ah its also been ages since I've played LOD. But I played it so many times I might as well know it by heart.

I'm afraid I am unfamiliar with Rogue Galaxy.

Ah its also been ages since I've played LOD. But I played it so many times I might as well know it by heart.

I'm afraid I am unfamiliar with Rogue Galaxy.
Another Golden Era JRP. I think you'd dig it. Right up there with LOD for me, and some of the better Tales entries.

I feel the same way about Silent Hill as you do about LOD, so I understand, my dude.

I've always loved the idea of a Kingdom Keepers roleplay, be it like the books or with a spin on it. I've yet to find anyone who's interested in that :C

I almost never do fandom RP, largely because I prefer making and interacting with entirely original characters (not to say you can't do this within a fandom RP), but also because the things I think I'd like to RP are usually pretty niche and not well known of. I prefer RPing within media where there's a lot of room for original creation and so far the only things that really fit this for me I've found are pretty obscure.
Rock and Rule, Blood Drive, Mad Max: Fury Road (more well known but not really that popular anymore) are what immediately come to mind for me. Anyone else got something you'd love to RP but can't find a willing partner?
Welcome To Night Vale, for one. Um, I enjoy some SCP RP, Who Killed Markiplier (I have a great persona for the D.A.), Psych, Fringe (I could probably write for Walter), School for Good and Evil, and Until Dawn. Generally horror, fantasy, and sci fi stuff.

QUINN IS AN ABSOLUTE LEGEND
tumblr_ookvzmV6FE1rgyl5po1_500.gif

Well, hey here, Clipper~

Oh, and also Thundercats. They don't get the love they deserve (and none of that "Thundercats: Roar" garbage)

Last edited:
-Soul Eater Fandom, though I don't know how obscure that constitutes as. Would be really interesting to see what kinds of weapon-meister pairings people could cook up.

-Chrome Hounds. That old XBOX 360 game where you built mechs.

-I also wouldn't mind seeing an Eddsworld RP. I've never done a comedically focused RP before.

Wheel of Time. Or Realm of the Elderlings. Either one might be fun to try and RP, though I'd want to do it with original characters since I dont think I can do the canon characters justice. Maybe just an original plot set in those stories' worlds unrelated or only tangentially related to the stories of the books.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back