Other Obscure fandoms you'd like to RP

An Agents of shield-esque RP, A His Dark Materials and, because I loved them as a kids, Narnia or Maximum Ride.

Weird I know.

There was this one anime a while ago called Ange Vierge. It was nothing special, but I watched it because there was nothing good airing at the time. However, at the same time, I kinda wish that we could've explored the setting more. But such is the fate of any anime that runs for less than a year.

I know it's stupid but... I'd love to try and adapt Ah! My Goddess to a non-romantic group RP. Especially if it's based loosely on the movie.

Honestly, I feel like 99% of my fandoms are too obscure, partly because I end up wanting to write things for just about everything I've watched. I also consume a lot of Korean and Japanese media that's not kdramas and anime so that makes it pretty hard to find people interested in certain ideas I get based on live action Japanese movies and South Korean films.

I'm not sure just how obscure it is, but I'll mention FX's Legion. I'm specifically interested in playing an OC that had a past relationship with David which he may or may not remember lol. I'm not opposed to playing some canons as well.

Here's a list of a few more that I can remember at the moment:

We Need To Talk About Kevin
Westworld (Does this count? I feel like it's not a very accommodating show for roleplays.)
PEAKY BLINDERS (The only person I've found outside of Tumblr willing to do an RP for this only did those 'doubling' ones. I'm honestly terrible at those.)
Freaks and Geeks
Battle Royale (I feel like the fandom might be on life support at this point.)
From Dusk Till Dawn (The movie specifically. Honestly, it seems the show is a bit obscure, too.)
Samurai Champloo
Hormones: The Series (I actually never finished this, but I had an OC for it that I really wanted to write lol.)
Tower Prep (Apocalyptic wasteland of a fandom)
Demon Knight (Non-existent fandom but would be an awesome concept for an RP even entirely made up of OCs.)
The Get Down (RIP ='[ )
IASIP and A.P. Bio (The former probably wouldn't be appropriate on this site but I can see the latter being fine.)
Castle Rock
The Man From Nowhere
John Wick (For some season, I really want to do a crossover with my version of Selina Kyle.)
Shut up bird ;)

Old TV shows, Brady Bunch or something similar, I am more into the idea of taking the basic concept and adapting it though rather than a strict fandom.

Warhammer, both fantasy and 40k I feel like would be amazing to do, but no-one seems to want to RP it. :C

Time travel is also another thing that many Fandom RPer's don't seem to really like, either. It'd be interesting to have characters go back in time to either fix or mess up things even more.

Warhammer, both fantasy and 40k I feel like would be amazing to do, but no-one seems to want to RP it. :C

Time travel is also another thing that many Fandom RPer's don't seem to really like, either. It'd be interesting to have characters go back in time to either fix or mess up things even more.
That reminds me, a Steins;gate RP would honestly be VERY interesting to see.

Haha you are a fellow Gintama fan too! Right now I am taking a break from RPing as I am dealing with a lot of shit IRL but I would absolutely love to try something once I feel I am ready to do it again.

Gintama would be one of the best anime around, dunno how it would rp but I’d always be up to try aha

Forgot to add my obscure shit.

Air gear. A anime about rollerblade gangs, I think skateboards or rollerblades would work in a rp about said subject matter.

Z nation. The stupid cringe version of walking dead, gave me a few laughs. I imagine it’d be a easy rp to start and progress in but the ending would need a good “hmmmm” over.

Date a live. Enthrallment... by dating. This could work in a few ways.

One punch man. Playing as a original hero putting up the best fight you can to protect people before you get hospitalised and caped baldy one shots said monster that stomped you.

Super Mario. I envision a world before the plumbers started stomping on turtles... toads fought to protect their kingdom from goombas!
A rp about mushroom people in the same sorta dark comedic stance the paper mario series started with.

Parasyte. would be good but I wouldn’t be creative enough to plan that out.

Scott pilgrim vs the world. A real life adventure with video game logic!
(How would you explain it without ripping off all the characters?)

I didn't think Gintama is an obscure fandom, but I guess i really don't see much rp around. I wonder why... It gives so much freedom for stuff.

I didn't think Gintama is an obscure fandom, but I guess i really don't see much rp around. I wonder why... It gives so much freedom for stuff.
I think it’s a hard thing to rp original characters in,

The idea is good enough to be a non comedy rp.
“Aliens invade a feudal Japan, (medieval world) turn humans into second class citizens on their own planet, take away weapons and replace our technology”

Could make a decent rp about fighting back alien oppression

Hmm you might be right. Although it has so many diverse canon characters to rp as... And given the setting, a lot of random stuff can happen.

The canon characters are written way to well for us to “act” as them. I think in a gintama rp canon characters would be better used as side characters, like Katsura and Elizabeth giving/tricking some characters into a joie rebal job.

Or Gin picking his nose and waving off some task that seems like work to the player characters

Gintama would be one of the best anime around, dunno how it would rp but I’d always be up to try aha
I completely agree, I can imagine a couple, you could do it like a traditional fandom RP with all the canon's and have some OC's in scenarios.

Or have a new Yorozuya with someone playing Gintoki, with the other members being OC's while keeping the other canons.

I actually tried doing one with the latter option and having it set up that because of how ridiculous and absurd it is have people decide on and vote on ideas for things to do since you can do pretty much anything with Gintama's setting. I would love to try this idea again when I feel ready to get back to RPing though.

I completely agree, I can imagine a couple, you could do it like a traditional fandom RP with all the canon's and have some OC's in scenarios.

Or have a new Yorozuya with someone playing Gintoki, with the other members being OC's while keeping the other canons.

I actually tried doing one with the latter option and having it set up that because of how ridiculous and absurd it is have people decide on and vote on ideas for things to do since you can do pretty much anything with Gintama's setting. I would love to try this idea again when I feel ready to get back to RPing though.

Gintama inspired rp
I think like this would be the best try, but I’m biased

It's not really popular in the west, it's growing but slowly, and I tried doing a RP and got no interest. And I agree SO MUCH with this.

The idea is good enough to be a non comedy rp.
“Aliens invade a feudal Japan, (medieval world) turn humans into second class citizens on their own planet, take away weapons and replace our technology”

Could make a decent rp about fighting back alien oppression
It depends but going the more serious route the whole time kind of ruins the mood of what Gintama can and for the most part is, a comedy. Obviously the more serious and emotional factors should be apart of it and are also a big part but it's mostly comedic.

Hmm you might be right. Although it has so many diverse canon characters to rp as... And given the setting, a lot of random stuff can happen.
This again I agree with.

The canon characters are written way to well for us to “act” as them. I think in a gintama rp canon characters would be better used as side characters, like Katsura and Elizabeth giving/tricking some characters into a joie rebal job.

Or Gin picking his nose and waving off some task that seems like work to the player characters
I have reasonable success playing as Gintoki in multifandom stuff, so it's not like it's "impossible" to RP them, as long as you have people that understand the characters

Gintama inspired rp
I think like this would be the best try, but I’m biased
I mean it doesn't really explain things for people who may not know it but may want to jump on board anyway, and I feel like the whole dynamic with Gintoki involved is really part of what makes 'Gintama' 'Gintama' since his character is one who really helps promote the absurd atmosphere of it all. It's a generalization but I think he's a big part of it all.

The Omen of Death The Omen of Death
I agree with all you say about the comedy an such, and I think people could play the canon characters well. I picture it a bit like DC universe online...
Batman, joker, superman and all them are around
(presumably doing their thing)

But the role players characters would be the ones having to deal with absurdity

The Omen of Death The Omen of Death
I agree with all you say about the comedy an such, and I think people could play the canon characters well. I picture it a bit like DC universe online...
Batman, joker, superman and all them are around
(presumably doing their thing)

But the role players characters would be the ones having to deal with absurdity
I think here's where I see an ideological difference in our approaches, I can see both angles working. But I feel part of the key would be to have the players be members of a new Yorozuya or include Kagura and Shinpachi either as members already or made side characters, but I feel as long as people have the capacity to play canons they should. Except for villains like Takasugi and the Kiheitai considering they barely show up and don't do much visible stuff and unless you were to make them a complete joke (even though they have traits that make their dynamic somewhat funny) which isn't their essence as they get reserved for serious arcs where shit goes down. But there would also be the problem of people like Sakamoto who are obviously heroic but barely show up. I feel heroes like them would have to be NPC's reserved for when it would be a good addition.

It really depends on what kind of rp you're trying to do. Because both approaches will work but for different stuff. Also depends on number of people participating etc.

It can be with let's say 3 players taking canon yorozuya or 15 players as random members of the Shinsengumi for example.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back