• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Noir With a Dash of Fluff

Villainous Things

Brandy and vengeance and everything pain-laced.
Hey there! Firstly let me apologize for the horrific formatting you're about to experience, I can't for the life of me
figure out of to make my threads pretty.

I'm looking for a roleplay partner today after having fell off the roleplay scene for a bit. I have a hankerin' for one specific plot that I'll list below, but it's not super thought out and I'm always willing to change things to really make it our own with a partner. So nothing is really set in stone with me.

Though romance is something I'm always open to incorporate, I love world building, plot, and creating characters, too! So I would prefer something plot heavy with romance naturally occurring or staying completely platonic. That being said, I prefer M×M parings, personally. But I'm open to any and all!

Despite a pandemic going on, I'm in school, have a job, and struggle with mental illness; so I can't say I'm the partner for you if you enjoy rapid fire responses. I try to make sure I get one solid response out every week at the most, but would say I average responding every other day, as I try to stay in a multi paragraph format. With all that out of the way, onto the plots!

Aesthetics I see this prompt fitting: Vintage/steampunk/horrorcore/dark academia/noir

My preferred role: Landlord/employer

Plot: Ingenious: a good word to describe this private eye, they have a streak of solved cases that no one can beat, yet not a lot of business coming to their run down office, doubling as their apartment. They're looking for their breakthrough, and also something of interest that differs from the lost dogs and cheating partners they're normally stuck dealing with: so when a case comes their way that the local police has already closed, but the man looking to hire them believes their conclusion wrong, they're willing to take the lesser payment offered. [Here's where I have two differing ideas! I think it would be cool to have it so the person looking to hire the detective would be a landlord or something like that, and offers a place to live to the detective in exchange for the case because he doesn't have the funds to pay their normal fee. I think this could set up some really good future interaction! Or, they could just offer less money and we could figure out another way to get them to interact later on in the story: maybe cracking into the case is getting the detective in trouble with who the real wrong doer is and the employer has to come rescue him? Maybe the criminal is still at large and going after at the employer next? Maybe the employer is the real criminal and is upset they didn't get the recognition they feel they deserve from their earlier crimes? The possibilities are really endless and I'm up for anything!]

Now here's a bit about me!

~Me~

° I got dogs! And, most likely, I will send you pictures if they do anything cute. Fair warning!

°My preferred pronouns are he/they, and I'm a nineteen year old male. I refer to
most people as dude, bro, etc, because I've got a nasty case of Dumb Jock Energy© but if you would prefer pronouns that differ from such or would be offended by such names linked to more masculine pronouns, please let me know! It may take a moment for me to adjust in OOC chat, and I mean no disrespect by it, but I'll try my hardest to refrain as swiftly as possible!

° I am a pretty upbeat person, I use a ton of exclamation points!

° My favorite food is mac 'n' cheese with ketchup though I literally adore anything spicy.

° I have Celiac, so if you're gluten free at all, I'm happy to chat about that and share foods/recipes!

° Most importantly of all, I do this to make friends as much as I do it to write. I love OOC chat and fanboying over roleplays!!

~Me as a writer~

° I've been doing this (role-playing) for close to a year now, so I'm not the best. But, I feel my writing is really starting to develop!

° I mainly play male and nonbinary characters, though I can try my hand at female if you'd like to try that! (I'm just terrified of ending up in r/maleswritingfemales lol)

°I'm currently studying to be a medical examiner, so darker themes [within the site rules] are something I'm comfortable writing. However, if you'd rather those not be utilized, please let me know! I can restrain.

° My writing style is nothing like my talking style. I'm quite somber at times, and I'm far less cringy!

°1000000% ghost friendly! It happens to us all! I always appreciate a message first, but that isn't needed! I do check in after about a week or so just to make sure everything is okay, I tend to worry a lot, especially so in a time like this, about my partners, but you don't need to even give a reason if you want to drop a roleplay!

°I have absolutely so issue picking up side characters or minor characters; I actually really like it! However, when it comes to doubling, I can't do it. I'm super sorry because I know it can suck, but the two separate storylines just really overwhelms and stresses me out and that ruins the enjoyment of the roleplay on my part.

° I'm currently in IOP and school, so my replies can be a bit infrequent. I do however respond every other day on average, and will let you know if it will take longer than four days!

° I really, really prefer OC charts and plotting before jumping into a roleplay!

Now for my boring old rules, there's only a few!

° All characters MUST be 18+

° I prefer responses that are five to seven lines long at least, that being said, as long as you're putting in effort, and aren't sending one liners, I'll be fine.

° If you're wanting to include a touchy, trigger warning worthy subject, please run it by me first! And, if I decline its use, please respect that. I'll do the same. I have very few triggers, but sometimes certain subjects I just can't handle mentally that day, and if it wasn't preplanned out, something unexpected like that just isn't very fun in my opinion!

That's it! Thank you for reading! I hope if this piqued your interest to hear from you soon. Please feel free to comment or PM me! Stay safe and healthy in these times!❤❤

I was reading your thread, but when I saw medical examiner I jumped down to comment!!! I also was in school to do the same thing! And I have a medical examiner character I was going to suggest for this lol!

I was reading your thread, but when I saw medical examiner I jumped down to comment!!! I also was in school to do the same thing! And I have a medical examiner character I was going to suggest for this lol!
Hey!! Omg, that's literally so cool! I don't have any buddies who are in my career path currently! I would love to hear all about your character too :) feel free to shoot me a message if you'd like to chat or rp!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back