• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy New User, Otherwise Experienced RPer, Primarily Looking for 1x1

KinglyQueen

Edit: Thank you everyone who read this! I've found a few people to speak with, so I am no longer looking for anyone at this time (unless you have an amazing idea/plot to share with me). I'll be keeping this up for future use.

Hello everybody! I'm KinglyQueen, and my desire for roleplaying has been sparked up for a while now. Obviously, I'm here to roleplay, but my priorities are to have fun, and to maintain open communication! I love to talk OOC, as I find this resolves a lot of problems that can come with roleplaying (writers block, confusion over plot, etc), and also make it easier and more comfortable RPing in general. I hope that you do too, because it is a trait I am looking for in a RP partner.

I can roleplay either on here, or on Google Docs. I'm also ghost-friendly, though would prefer it to know if you ever want to stop. Hiatus or permanently. (However, if you DO want to pick it up even after messaging me that the ending was permanent, don't be nervous on that either. Who knows, it could happen.)

Speaking of which, I don't have excessive requirements, and most are flexible, so please don't be intimidated! The only true, inflexible requirements will be have this star besides them, *.

*Be 18+! I'm not very comfortable RPing with anyone much younger than myself. (I'm 21 btw.)

I prefer ~200 words per entry, or in other words, ~2 paragraphs, ~6-8 sentences. You don't need to weave me a poem every time, simply make sure you write cohesively. I don't mind the occasional typo, so long as it isn't in every single sentence, yanno?

Characters: I prefer a small amount of characters, not an immense roster of people to keep track of.

*Need to be able to use they/them pronouns, as I primarily play nonbinary characters. Not always, but for the most part, I do.

As for RP speed, I prefer at least once a week. I don't like to rush or be rushed, but if it ends up being faster? I'm definitely up for that!

*OOC communication is key! Sometimes uncertainty, plot confusion, or writers block strikes, and you just need to talk it out with your RP partner. There are never any stupid questions, in my book, so I will never fault you for asking anything, and I hope for the same in return! It's also good for making sure that we are both happy with what's happening in the roleplay! Were you wishing that something would happen at this point in the RP, and are worrying it might not occur? Just shoot me a message, we'll work it out!

*NO passive characters. Please... make your character initiative. They don't have to do something big in every entry, what I mean is, don't just react to what's already happened.

I think that's about it for what I'm looking for, partner wise. Now, onto the plot.

Simply put, I like...simpler plots. Go from point A, to B, to C, etc. I'm not here to stress over immensely huge fantasy worlds, and to nitpick every little detail. I prefer to set down a basic layout for the fantasy world, and to more-or-less wing it the rest of the way. For the actual plot itself, I like to lay down character motivations initially, while mapping out the plot along the way. What I mean by this is that we will plan the specifics piece by piece, and once we're done with a location or a scene, plan the next part out before heading along. I know this is vague, but I really like to make a plot with a partner so that we're both interested in it.

What I'm looking for, and am interested in:
-Monsters/Inhuman characters (I love to play as these)
-Enemies to friends (to lovers? Perhaps...talk with me and I'll see)
-Open fantasy worlds, low tech, medium to high action
-Forbidden friendships (think HTTYD)
-Fantasy quests, prophecies, end of the world scenarios, etc
-Hereditary enemies, becoming friends (similar to forbidden friendship, but more enforced by nature than society. Like "One Stormy Night", if anyone out there has watched that)
-Action/fighting scenes, magical or otherwise fantasy
-Dragon/Rider (I just binged HTTYD so I'm in for some of this right now)
-Monster/Human (Always love this. Doesn't have to be a monster per-say, can be some other inhuman creature)

I am a firm believer that any world that includes non-humans AND humans be made in a way that it's also fun to play as the human, and not only fun for the non-human. So be expectant of that.

If you're interested in any of this, hit me up!

Last edited:
I would absolutely be interested in discussing details and common interests. reply to this if you'd like me to PM you, or vice versa! (:

SMT-Nocturne SMT-Nocturne Of course! I only RP with OCs anyway, so this works out for me!

coolbeans coolbeans Awesome! I'd love to hear what interests we have in common, and also your favorite tropes, etc. I find it helps when making a plot. Was there something in particular I already mentioned that grabbed your interest?

possibly a pairing between a human and semi-human? there could be somewhat of a forbidden relation between the two due to unspecified reasons, and the human can continue to go on/accept quests from a perso of higher authority to see this semi-human character after an encounter with them? possibly some sort of knight following after orders.

coolbeans coolbeans Ooooo, I love this idea! We can definitely have a knight. I'd also like to get more in depth with this, though I would like to know why it's forbidden by the world/society, to add to the tension. It doesn't have to be super detailed, even just something simple, like humans and semi-humans having bad blood between them. And also on why they desire to continue meeting up.
The knight's quests can easily tie into why they meet up. The ideas off the very top of my head are something along these lines. The knight is some sort of monster-slayer, but something happens and they no longer wish to kill the semi-human, and vice-versa. Or maybe the knight's quests benefit the semi-human, so they secretly team up to resolve these quests, despite the danger it may put them in from their respective societies. These are just some ideas tho, we can do something else if you had another idea?
Also, I assume I'll be the semi-human? I can play as any sort of humanoid creature, if you had anything specific in mind. If not, I love harpies and reptilian/dragon-esk beasts. I could even do a sort of limited shape-shifter, if need be.

I enjoy the idea of the knight being a monster-slayer, actually! some sort f special position that would be appointed by a king or nobleman. he could slay and/or capture mythical beings that are classified as 'unsafe' by higher authorities, and complete many quests given of the sort before getting to your character. I feel as though your character vein a shape shifter would be interesting, because they could be classified as the biggest threat, according to a king. my character could see yours injured, scared, or vulnerable, and feel the desire to help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back