• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
SCENE:
Serpents Arc 2: Scene 2 [Tailing the Dragon's Heart]
Entrance to Platinum Rabbit, East District
PARTICIPANTS:
Anna, Tri, Yuto, Kisara, Bash
WEAPON:
Money
Tailing the Dragon's Heart
<<< Previous Post

Reject? Wow, Tri felt hurt. He considered shooting Bash with Lovemaker 3000, but cool guys didn't get hurt, so he shrugged it off with an adjustment of his coat, like what cool guys do. Still, it took his air out. Especially when Yuto giggled (not at him but his coolness meter decreased because cool guys don't giggle) and Prinz, the coolest in the group after him, refused his plan, too.

By the time Anna was explaining how distraction wasn't necessary, Tri was tossing blocks of cheddar at Yuto without much interest. Sneaking... what was the point the being stealthy if people didn't know you were stealthy? People wouldn't know how cool you were like that.

Everything just became more depressing when they had to climb a ladder to the rooftop. Anna got to be cool and used her Potential. Arachnid was a spider guy. Tri had to wait for the ladder like the sidekick of the cool secret agent. Tri's expression barely changed, but his dissatisfaction only grew.

Even being on a roof didn't make Tri feel better like it usually did. He looked around and saw Anna in her horse mask, Arachnid, and Prinz. Before, he was confident of his coolness, but after climbing that ladder, he felt like Ace was the only one he was cooler against. Then, he realized that he had to leave his shopping cart behind if they were going from the roof.

That was the last straw.

"Never mind. I have another idea." said Tri. "I'm going to the brothel. Inside job."

Without waiting for a response, Tri returned to ground level. He couldn't compete in coolness if he stayed with the main group. So, with a happier hum, he pushed his shopping cart toward Platinum Rabbit. People stared, naturally. Mostly because of the weird imagery of a man in suit pushing a shopping cart, but some were worried about the gun shaped objects in the cart, until they realized they were pink. Couldn't be too dangerous, then.

"Hello," said Tri to the guards that understandably stopped him from carting his cart through the gate of the prestigious brothel. He held out 10,000 yen bills at them. "I'm rich, so let me and my Super Car through."

---

"I have no idea, sir, but Doctoral seems attached to the cart. He's bringing it to the brothel."

Paris felt a headache brewing. He was already worried that his dad was going on a stealthy mission to the Dragon's territory. It worried him more if Tri was anything but stealthy. A shopping cart wasn't stealthy.

Another call came in. Housekeeper. Paris clicked his tongue. "Keep monitoring Dad. If anything goes wrong, execute the rescue plan."

He closed the call and answered the housekeeper, who sounded polite but a bit panicked and scared.

"...what do you mean by Monopoly money? The cash in the vault?"

Mentions: @The One Eyed Bandit @Nobody Special Caffeine_Obsessed Caffeine_Obsessed simj26 simj26

>> Next Post

Odessa Vidal
PARTICIPANTS:
Chikage, Jaimme, Billie, Odessa, Carter (Pending)
INSUFFICIENT DETAILS
<<< Remember

She threw herself into a shuffle down the street with her feet dancing more than walking to her destination as she sang her way down to the street. The civilians and their jumpy demeanor never failed to bore her. The confusion and the occasional sight of fear on those who had been around long enough to hear the name Dreamer were enough to satiate her own ego.

She silenced herself as she came closer leaving just enough of a presence for her scent to come through the astral form as she sauntered right past Yuudai coming up right behind the man waiting to see how he’d respond.

“What do you think Dreamer? He seem like he could be a good guinea pig?”

She let out a light and airy chuckle as she decided to help Yuudai with his little demonstration. She brought her hands over the poor sucker's eyes before quickly becoming visible once more blocking out the light to the man’s eyes.

“Awwwww Yuudai the poor little rabbit is crying.”

The man in question could clearly be seen struggling as his desperate clawing slowed down the man clearly coming close to losing consciousness as his near-silent pleas continued.

“P-P-Pl”

“No. I don’t think he would Beasty…”

Her grin faded away into a scowl of disgust as she took a small breath in before shouting she whispered softly to the man.

“Snap.”

The struggles ceased.

The body going limp as the limbs fell like a ragdoll.

>>> To The Next Post

Last edited by a moderator:
Meirin Azuza
SCENE:
Tiger Arc 2: Scene 2 [Matter of Time]
PARTICIPANTS:
Dante, Reveler, Ruriko, Meirin
Matter of Time

“If it was an accident, there shouldn’t be a problem.” Meirin tilted her head as Ruriko described the situation on the bridge. “An apology is all that’s needed, right? Nothing to fight over.”

She knew that the Guardian system was operated by a boy named Jesper, son of Lars Albrecht, a missing Dragon who had strong ‘ideals’ had paved the way to how the Dragons currently kept the peace. She also knew he was just a rookie. Mistakes were bound to happen. If the phoenixes got upset over that, they were the ones with the anger issues. More confusing to her was the fact that Shen had lost control. Since when was Shen the sort to get angry at being attacked? Was injustice being wrought? Or was there more going on…

Elbows on the table and palms cupping her chin, Meirin wracked her brain in thought, coming up blank as she watched Callan(s) comfort Ruri. He was a nice guy. His words were comforting and it brought a smile to her face to hear that they were cared for. Given the current events with the Wolves, she’d been worried that unrest was growing in the East District. Dragons were being attacked. With it, order was being toppled. The fear that kept gangs from growing, that kept the civilians in line, and the East District free of crime was steadily diminishing…and would continue to do so until the Cobalt Wolves were dealt with.

Whether it was the Scarlet Phoenixes, the Sable Serpents, the Albino Tigers, or any other gang, Dragons couldn’t back down. That was why she didn’t fault her fellow Dragons on the bridge. Having been in the gang long enough, she understood the pride that adorned the defenders of the East District. She wore it herself. If a fight was picked with them, they would fight back. However, if a mistake was made, they ought to own up to it. Apologize. Aim rectify.

It was a coward that ran from their mistakes.

Meirin couldn’t remember if it was the Night Lord or the monks who helped her manage her anger in her youth that taught her that, but that didn’t matter. It was a policy that Meirin adopted and always tried to live up to…which is why she rarely looked away whenever she killed. Opponents, for whom she was tasked to execute, faced her in battle. Meirin didn’t assassinate. She didn’t do backstabs. Didn’t attack the helpless. That was her pride. Even as she joined a gang, even as she worked in a brothel and opened herself to new experiences, clinging to those ideals, and acknowledging her mistakes when she realized she made them, kept her from losing herself.

Upon hearing her name mentioned, Meirin flushed red for a bit before nodding and glancing away. She knew what he was referring to of course. She watched him dance often enough whenever he came to perform at Eternal Night Palace; Felt her temperature rise with every performance. It’d irked her the first time when she’d been caught off by his potential–which she hadn’t even realized was his potential until now. No. She’d always suspected it was. She’d just never confirmed it.

Glancing back at the clone of the mischievous dancer, which she knew to be the clone because she’d memorized the placement of the original, Meirin shook her head. “Depends on what you have in mind…but I think I’ll need my wits about me if I’m going to protect Eternal Night Palace, no the East District, in the days to come.”

She didn’t necessarily want her mind off the topic either. Meirin always tackled her problems head on. She didn’t like delaying or distracting herself from issues that would only come back and bite her in the ass later. Didn’t need numbing agents to deal with needles and the like either. Whether pain or pleasure, she wanted to feel the real thing, hence why she avoided drugs during sex. Substances that induced fake happiness didn’t appeal to her. If she was upset, she practiced martial arts or complained to her sister. She didn’t drink her woes away. Sure she drank during parties–getting pushed into contests and overindulging at times–but rarely did she do so while she was sad or upset like some other girls did.

It just wasn’t her.

Standing up, Meirin circled around to pat Callan on the shoulder. “Next time~” When she was in the mood to enjoy the pleasure. She liked feeling good as much as the next person, but she didn’t use sex as a tool to make herself happy (even though that was what her brothel sold). She wasn’t a worker. She was one of the owners. And she enjoyed sex with whenever she liked, with whoever she liked…hence why she wasn’t as good at it compared to her sister. Compared to Jun, Meirin was much more selfish.

She winked at Ruriko. “But Ruri should enjoy herself if she wants. This is a House of Pleasure, after all. I can attest to Cal here being good, but we’ve got other selections on the menu too~”

Technically they weren’t open yet, but that itself was a minor issue.

Ducking under the velvet curtains that encircled their booth, Meirin walked over to the next booth over–where she was now certain someone was listening in–and parted the curtains without an ounce of hesitation. The clues weren’t there. The occupant had been silent like a ghost. However, Meirin didn’t need logic to follow her gut instincts. It was her task to protect the Eternal Night Palace while Jun was away. “Revie! Care to join us~?”

The Regal Rper The Regal Rper Beann Beann Mqueserasera Mqueserasera

Last edited:
YONG-YUT / LYRIC
SCENE:
Phoenixes Arc 2: Scene 4 [Home Cook'n]
Lyric and Alex's Townhome, South District
PARTICIPANTS:
Vulken, Yong-Yut, Alex, Ashley, Auvura, Corvo, Lyric
Home Cook'n
Yong-Yut was only inside for a moment before she felt overstimulated. There were already a good amount of people inside the home, and though they were currently all spread around the house, she knew more people would be arriving, and eventually they’d all be in the same room together. Along with that, a couple of the most irritating people she had ever met —Hector and Boltius— were supposedly set to arrive at some point.

But, she supposed, it’d be better to savor the peace now.

Yong-Yut made their way to the kitchen, stopping at the doorway. She gave a short wave to the woman standing inside the room. “Hello, Lyric. Is there anything I can help you with? If you don’t mind.”

Ordinarily she would quickly shoo out any of the others quickly from the kitchen citing it as a matter of pride. They would never need to know it was an unspoken competition between the two siblings. When it came to Yong-Yut she could never manage to summon quite the same effort in shooing her out of the kitchen, and with the notable lack of Nina her already low effort became more of an acceptance.

“Hnnn. Uh- Yeah actually could you start to bring out some of the spices? Working on butternut squash soup for the first course this week.”

They gave a quick nod to her and entered the kitchen, heading over to where the spices were stashed, and began carefully selecting a few. As she read over the label of one of the spices, Yong-Yut quietly gave a relaxed hum to herself. Cooking with Lyric was fun for her. Well, cooking with most people is fun. But, she found that, generally, cooking with one of her friends was more enjoyable than cooking with a stranger.

“Butternut squash soup sounds nice,” she said as she placed the spices beside Lyric. “What else are we making?”

“Garlic Hawaiian rolls , Coconut curry mac and cheese, Pulled green chili pork, Stir-fried cabbage and veggies, and fruit parfaits. The Mac’s in the oven. Pork is simmering on low heat. Stir fry will be started closer to everyone’s arrival… Oh I suppose we could start the garlic rolls. Getting the timing will be the hard part. Hector and Bolt have gone off to do …something. Hide has a mission he picked up for today, should be short work for him. Helva and Dimitri are out at that pretentious Gala. Reika and …Charlie are going shopping. Reika mentioned Hitoshi joining them… wait didn’t you say you were bringing a plus one? Who’d you bring, a date?”

Yong-Yut listened intently as Lyric rambled, trying to understand every word. She didn’t recognize every Phoenix Lyric name-dropped, but she supposed she’d meet them later. She gave an amused hum at the question.

“A date? I thought we were friends, Lyric. You should know me better.” Though Yong-Yut’s serious face and monotone voice tended to betray her, to a friend such as Lyric, it was clear that she was being light-hearted. “No, I didn’t bring a date. We brought Vulken’s mentor’s child. Amelie, I believe. I’ll get her, I think you’d like her. Then, I’ll help you with the rolls.”

Yong-Yut quickly left the kitchen in search for Amelie.

Lyric paused the cooking as she called out to the living room at the information.

“Hey Ash, could you come here for a second?”

If they had a kid to meet, might as well break the ice now, especially if it would bring Ashley out of his funk.

TENEBROSITY
SCENE:
Serpents Arc 2: Scene 1 [Arcane Informant]
Nearby Heavenly Beasts Plaza, Lower Central District
PARTICIPANTS:
Caio, Urien, Ten, Darius, Delynn, Orion
Arcane Informant

<<< Remember

Tenebrosity slightly jumped at the touch, turning their head to face Darius. They quickly pulled him into a tight hug, swaying him around.

“Every- ev- everything’s great, Dairy! I’m hav- I’m having- I’m having so much- I’m hav- I’m having so much fun!” they giggled, letting go. “It’s even—— better than I expected!”

They took a step back from Darius, tilting their head up to his. “Did you see it? Did- did, uh, did you see how- Didn’t I do- Did- Didn't I doooooooo so good! Aren’t you—” they suddenly stopped talking as notifications began pinging in their ear. They held up one finger to Darius in order to tell him to give them a second, and brought their attention to their phone.

Text-to-speech began reading the new texts into their ear. Once it was done reading, they barely opened their eyes to the dim phone and began typing up a couple of messages.

lmao !!!! i i havent warched it but i tired listening to it !!! i iddn’t get vety far tho : ((((((((

also !! i can’tt read, charlei, remember ??? x3 im blind !!! i listened to it >:3 rebel !! that sucks tho i m sorry your guyss cried : (
oh also !! will tyr to get to a plqce i cna use voice-to-text soon im soryr : (

Maybe they should've brought their sunglasses.

As they sent the message, they closed their eyes and returned their whole attention to their beloved. They just faced him for a while, doing nothing, trying to remember what they were in the middle of saying before they had interrupted themself.

Darius was always so pretty to Ten, with his nice, messy blonde hair and cute eyes. Ten wished they could see them now. Sadly, they had just hurt their eyes twice in a row with their phone— it probably wouldn’t be a good idea opening them again just to admire Darius. At least Darius could admire Ten, having completed such a feat as winning their first fight ever. Oh, hey, wait, that’s what I was just talking about!

“..Oh! Oh, so! Aren’t you- aren’t you- aren’t you proud!” They smiled at him, hopping from one foot to the other. “We really got- got- got- got- We real- we really got them good! You bet I’m- I’m going to- You bet I’m going to—” they sighed, about to start over when they heard the disgusting crack of skulls being stomped in.

They turned their head to where the sound came from, tilting it to the side. Ten paused for a moment to process the connection between the sound and the now-mutilated shadows of the dragons. They then gave a quiet applause and a giggle for the man who crushed the dragons’ heads. Though they had personally wanted a chance to kill them themself —a chance to cross that particular item off their bucket list— Ten really had no problem with someone else doing it instead. Besides, the sound was satisfying in their opinion, and they weren’t sure that they’d be able to get the same satisfaction had they done it themself. Interrupting their applause, they heard another ping in their ear.

They had already gotten another message. Though, instead of responding, they did something slightly more self-preserving; “Does anyone ha- ha- haaaaaa- ha- haaaaaa—nehryyrehryghegh— does anyone haaaaaaaave su- sunglasses!?” Probably not, but it was worth asking. They turned to face Darius again. "Do you?"

>>> To Next Post

RAPHAEL SHAW
SCENE:
Phoenixes Arc 2: Scene 2 [The Bounty]
PARTICIPANTS:
Hide, Kyoden, Raphael, Sang-Cheol
THE BOUNTY
The corner of Raph's mouth quirked up in amusement. This was precisely the reaction he'd been hoping for. The truth was, he knew this man. Hide was his name. Wasn't it? Never mind. It didn't matter. What did matter was that Raphael had met him once before. In fact, it had been on a mission not so unlike this one. Rat-catching. Though, that time Raph had been in the South, where he ran into Hide... As it happened, both of them were en route to the same destination, though for different reasons... How curious that a man like him would find himself all the way in the North, and at a time like this?

Tsk, tsk, darling.” Raph clicked his tongue, shaking his head in mock-disapproval. “Calm down. If I had wanted to hurt you, I'd have done it already.” Raph dug into his pocket to light up a fresh smoke, feeling at once that this little tirade of his might not be over. He pinched the unlit cigarette between his lips, flicking open his lighter and striking the flame. Raph peered down the butt of his now smoking cigarette at Hide as he held the lighter close. He puffed once. Twice. Then he snapped the lighter shut and shoved it back into his jacket pocket.

“Now, if you've gotten the hysterics out of your system,” Raph began, taking a third drag before he pinched the cig between his fingers and pulled it from his lips, letting the smoke billow from out of the corners of his thinly parted lips. “What are you doing here?”

In Raph's mind, Hide was lucky it was him he'd run into. Scarlet Phoenix or not, Raph didn't doubt for one moment that a few of his fellows would've taken a crack at Hide as soon as he opened his mouth, if not before. Raph's eyes tracked Hide's sudden, jerking movement as he reached for something hidden behind his back. He felt his back stiffen instinctively in response. He might've put on like he was in control, unwavering, confident... But the truth is rarely so simple.

“Easy now,” Raph raised a hand as if to placate the Phoenix. “I don't have time to play with you right now. Either explain why you're here, or run along.”

>>> To The Next Post

Yo "Kiyohime" Saiwa
In Scene: Kasumi ( FabulousTrash FabulousTrash ) | Lorrin ( Pik Pik ) | Red ( BriiAngelic BriiAngelic )​

The Underground​
AA65A052-4DF8-4244-8AE2-9E48B7F244AA.png<<< Remember

The Queen’s eyes gazed over at Kasumi.

She had her doubts that the meek girl could handle a bit of a torture session.

But this would also be a time where Kasumi could prove Yo wrong.

As for Lorrin– Yo’s eyes glanced over at him.

He’d be fine.

An internal grin was on Yo’s mind as Kasumi was the one that initiated the questioning.

The Queen was assessing not only their terrorist, but her own members as well. Kasumi was holding a strong voice. For the best, as even a sleep-deprived, delirious woman from the Wolves may be able to sniff out uncertainty.

The predatory woman circling the room wondered what their tied-up terrorist was thinking. Seeing.

Hallucinating.​

Unless she was some strong-minded HP that prevented mind games, there was no doubt the girl was. Yo saw to it that Isaiah… helped things along in the interim.

The girl was laughing at Kasumi before jerking at what seemed to be her reaction to Yo walking behind her.

The Queen stopped, standing right behind the seated girl with her head slowly tilting slightly to the side, her bangs sliding over her forehead, casting a darker shadow. Her claws hung to her sides.

Drip.

Blood from the claw dripped to the floor.

Nonononobluedon’tthey’rebehindyou. I’m going the water is too far…

Yo’s eyes narrowed, but she stayed quiet.

Lorrin was the one that decided to pursue the statement.

Let them handle it, Yo. They’re doing fine. Just be the shark.

A flash of a quick smile, if one could call it that, went across Yo’s lips, showing off her sharp canines before they were gone just as quick as they came.

A shark would be a good role to play right now.

Not that the girl could see behind her head.

>>> To Next Post

Last edited:
MBAYE & ERNESTO
CS Link (I broke it)
SCENE:
Tigers Arc 2: Scene 5 [A Dangerous Game]
PARTICIPANTS:
Callahan, Ernesto, Ezra, Mbaye, Isobel, Welsha
A DANGEROUS GAME

It was a strange sensation they haven't felt in many years, they weren't newbies anymore, they had experience and had grown used to it back home, but here in New Oasis? Nervousness shows it's face once again. Ernesto found it refreshing, after working on a gang for so many years he had forgotten those days when the desperate need to puke was always present. Mbaye on the other hand was not as thrilled as his companion, he wanted this job to be perfect to secure their positions as veteran of the White Tigers, but truth be told, the Olofa mercenary found the entire situation as non-favorable.

For starters, they were working others who he did not personally know. He was aware that some where experienced members of the group and thus capable people, but he could only trust on one person in the line of work, and that was Ernesto. Secondly, and perhaps the most annoying part, was that he was wearing a disguise, which he found to be not only completely unnecessary for the task at hand, he also hated the look of it and couldn't wait to get back home and change into something more his style. While his contempt for the outfit was apparent to his companions, he was not going to let it get in the middle of the task at hand. After checking his phone to know the time, he turned his attention to Isobel, their leader in this operation. "I am ready, what are we doing?" He asked using ASL.

Meanwhile, on a car not far away from the main group, Ernesto and Welsha Reaper were the lookouts. As Welsha looked around through the windows, Ernesto was writing a text message to Dagger, telling her that if she was coming to his place tonight she should bring some Herbes de Provence, because he wanted to cook tonight. When he put his phone away to focus on his task, he was bombarded by the incessant questions of Welsha.

"So how do you think this mission will go? Have you ever met the Phoenix King before? Oh, how about the Jack? Do you know what they are like? Think our little team can handle the situation if things go South? Oooo, i think i just made a pun there, you know because of us being in the south and all. You know i wonder what it's like being in the south, i don't really go here all that much cause of work and all, do you know any nice spots in the south to visit?"

While he would prefer to focus on the job, he humored the young lady by answering every single one of her inane question. "Mission? Are we spies or somethin'? It will be fine." he answered, he eyes looking carefully through the streets surrounding the targets house. "No, I've never met the Phoenix King nor his Jack... I got here a few weeks ago... and seriously, ya folks need to start usin' normal names... "Jacks" and "Kings", dios santo..." When asked if they could handle whatever happens should something go south was an interesting question that caugh Ernesto's attention. He looked over at Welsha, giving her a strange grin. "Don't ya worry, whatever they throw at us, me and Bay will make sure it dies." He said before turning his attention back to the street. Lastly, the young lady asked about the Southern districts of the city. "Hm? How would I know, friend? I barely explored this fuckin' bitch of a city." He answered. "...and I've got no interest in explorin' this place to be perfectly honest. It's shit compared to Gran Buenos Mares." He added. "Now, lets focus on the job, ok? Ya can ask me sumthin' later."

>>> To The Next Post

Camila Gaspari
SCENE:
Tigers Arc 2: Scene 4 [Hostile Agenda]
PARTICIPANTS:
Camila, Chou, August, Matsuda
Hostile Agenda

<<< Remember

Things managed to pick up pace quite nicely. Despite his entrance worthy of a slasher villain, August had pleasantly come across them earlier than expected. And in a similar manner, they also happened to come across Smog. Camila stopped the car in order to allow the man to enter but...he started doing a handstand? in the middle of the street and under the rain? Camila's fears had become a reality: She was now stuck with THREE idiots in this job. Not everything was bad, though, as after having entered the car in an overly dramatic way (which almost costed one of the car's windows), Camila managed to get a good look on Smog. Now THAT is a man she thought to herself as she enjoyed the eye candy. The large frame, the luscious raven black locks, those beautiful heterochromatic eyes, and that charming smile. The guy was probably an idiot, but he was a very cute idiot.

"Glad to have you aboard, handsome" said Camila with a mild seductive look in her eyes, before quickly looking back in front and resuming driving.

"So, I'm hoping you boys did your research, but either way I'll take advantage of this unexpected early gathering to brief you on all the info we have so far." She took a quick sip of her now lukewarm coffee before starting her info dump.

"Our client is Jelica Cross, the CEO of Painstake Gaming, probably the most renowned game company in New Oasis. Apparently the company had made a deal to acquire a smaller electronics company known as Star Synapse and turn it into a subsidiary, according to some rumors it's because Painstake is planning on tackling the hardware market with their own console, but we don't really know. Either way what matters is that sometime after the deal was done, Painstake started to be under fire from a lot of sexual harassment complaints." She took a moment to breath, she wasn't used to talking this much, specially to multiple people like this. "This leads us to our little target, Christen Kinslee, the son of Star's CEO. Apparently he tried to sweet talk our client out of the deal, and she claims that after rejecting him outright, he started an inside job to spread fake claims of sexual misconduct. We don't know exacly why Christen would do that, but it's easy to imagine that Mr. Little Heir wanted his future company to keep its autonomy, behavior like that is more common than you'd think. Right now we're arriving to Christen's home, he disappearing shorly after the acussations, but social media posts have hinted he's "sick". Which means he's probably hiding in his house, and OUR job is to get him out...And would you look at that, here we are".

Camila pulled up next to Christen's house, opening a little umbrella as she stepped out of the car.

whistle "Little Heir Boy sure has a nice place, It'd be a shame if we had to break the door or the windows down" Said Camila as she admired the pretty two-stories house from the other side of the fence.

>>> To Next Post

Fahrelnissa Peynirci
SCENE:
Tigers Arc 2: Scene 6 [All Proceeds]
PARTICIPANTS:
Passeri, Daemon, Sabrina, Dagger, Fahru, Masker Concertgoer K, Minato
ALL PROCEEDS
Her eyes were widely affixed on the idol as she approached. There were lively sparkles in them as she realized the woman had put her phone on hold. And when asked, Fahru answered in eager nods. Of course, it was for the job. What else would she be here for, and what else could she have asked for? If the woman had known the sort of despicable, crude jobs Fahru used to do every day for a living – and it was the only sort she ever did for the Tigers – she would surely get, surely understand how much of a breath of fresh air this occasion was for a Tiger. A glimpse at the crowd through the glass panes reminded her of their reason for being here: to bring a happiness that was almost tangible to so many people.

The box was held firm on one hand, the other she brushed over the objects on top of the pile inside. Colors passed over them, pink and white that twisted them into simple shapes. She wished to demonstrate what her potentiality could bring into creation. It was not all for violence, you know. But, perhaps, a kind of beauty rarely sought for in this world also. And that she could be of some use to the idol Iroi, if only to add a little something to the goodness to be blessed on people this day. She had to put her mind to it, and some.

Passeri clearly agreed. Though her encouragement came off as somewhat vague, and not entirely helpful. Fahru was seeking a specific direction. How she should blow the idol’s mind away, she had only the faintest ideas. At that time, it seemed as though the two operated on vastly different planes from each other. Some form of mutually understood communication was needed here.

She looked dumbly into the woman’s eyes; lips sealed tight. Her gaze was so intense it was almost as though she was trying to peer through the idol’s pretty features to reach the brilliance underneath. Then there was a sudden sound of flapping overhead. Maximon, who had been perching quietly on the arm of a hanging microphone, came over and landed on Fahru’s shoulder. The moment the parrot’s talons came down, the fabric of her clothes turned a blue color that made it seem like an extension of her hair. He swiveled his head to look sideways at the idol, as birds do. Then he spoke, in a very clear and high pitch, “Fahru likes to know Iroi’s FEELINGS.”

The random objects in the box abruptly poured out and animated, floated to the air, transformed. Papers twisted, fixed, and wrapped around pipes that wiggled like snakes. They came together, forming the outline of a heart shape, big enough for a person of average height to go through without lowering their head. Then slowly, and gradually increasing speed, around its axis the heart spun, raising like a helicopter over their heads and then exploded. From the inside, millions of reflective confetti in the color white and pink sparkled in the ceiling light and sunlight descended. As they fell, they came together like a torrent and whirled round the idol, giving her an entourage of sparkling colors and lights. The little demonstration went on for a few seconds then all poured back like sheep back home after a day out grazing.

Then Fahru’s shoulder slumped. The parrot cocked its head. “Fahru likes to know your FEELINGS,” it repeated the words from before. “Iroi’s IMAGE. Iroi’s FANCY. What to SHOW. IROI’s concept.”

It was a poorly put way to explain that though she had some ideas, Fahru wasn’t very confident that she could translate Passeri’s intents and character into a visual performance. The girl knew little about the idol – what she had was entirely her fancy and baseless adoration. She sought to know more.

Hadrien Gauthier
SCENE:
Dragons Arc 2: Scene 2 [A Brief Meditation]
PARTICIPANTS:
Shen, Kairong, Hadrien, Omar
A Brief Meditation
Hadrien almost instinctively reached for a cigarette, but remembered whose establishment it was. As that thought crossed his mind, he was approached by the owner, Kairong. The age on him was apparent, though age had nothing to do with capability. Hadrien originally expected to have some tea alone, but that plan was quickly thrown out the window. "Senior Kairong." Hadrien said, returning a short bow. Kairong was not only an elder, but an elder of the Azure Dragons, making Hadrien obliged to treat him with upmost respect. As for Omar standing next to him, he had less of an idea of his abilities compared to Kairong. Hopefully after some tea, he'd learn something of importance.

His purple gaze shifted back to Kairong as he watched him turn to lead them to a table. The tall figure followed him; his hands stuffed in his pockets as his gaze set upon somebody he was least expecting. While Shen most likely didn't recognize his face, Hadrien recognized his. He wouldn't be a good Azure Dragon if he didn't know what his leader looked like. Hadrien gave an obligatory bow to Shen as well. He didn't like to bow, but this was the person that controlled all the operations. Some people may be on edge around those who hold higher positions than their own, but Hadrien was not one of them. He usually treated everybody the same, with a few exceptions of course. You couldn't be afraid in a job like this, or you'd probably be laying in a gutter or worse, a coward.

Once Shen beckoned him over, he took a casual trot over to the table, taking a seat on a mat. Having long legs had its pluses, but finding a comfortable sitting position was always a hard task. Once he was comfortable, his gaze rested on Shen. While Hadrien would never voice this opinion out loud, Shen didn't look like a normal leader to him. He was more baby-faced than he would expect of a leader of a gang. Hadrien had never been one to judge a book by its cover, as he only cared about people's abilities. "So... you are 'the King'." Hadrien said, stating something that was well known. "I believe this is my first time speaking to you, so don't disappoint me." He said in a joking manner, giving a wide grin. He wasn't going to let an opportunity like this go to waste.

Delynn HR.png

Delynn Fortuxe
Mentions:
Caio, Urien, Ten, Darius, Orion

Nearby Heavenly Beasts Plaza, Lower Central District​

<<< Remember

Stepping over debris and bodies as she went, she moved her feet in tune to the music she was listening to, having spent the entirety of the mission swaying back and forth and writing down observations. She had spent the last while as far from things that could shock her as she could. The raid several days ago had left her in a weird and rather chaotic place. Despite her reservations on going out in the field to possibly fight she was dragged along by Caio, who at this point had thankfully switched from berating her to treating her half decent.

Eyes locked onto the ground as she went, she stopped over one of the unconscious dragons. She stared down at them for a long minute before glancing up at the others. She heard Caio yell about logs and grimaced “Come over here and hold this.” She said before thrusting the sorta large umbrella she was holding into his hand. Manually moving his hand into the position she wanted she knelt on the ground next to the dragon before setting a pack down. Unzipping it she took out a device that looked like a long syringe before taking out a large but very thin needle.

Having singled out the one with the most dangerous potential she rolled them onto their back before taking one last look around her to get a read on the situation. Everything seemed relatively calm and with that she carefully pushed the needle into the person's back, extracting a sample of spinal fluid. Withdrawing the needle, she wasn’t overly worried of infection, HP’s having a much stronger immune system.

In the end it didn’t matter if the person would get an infection or not as she soon heard the sickening noise of watermelons and cantaloupes being smashed… only it wasn’t fruit. Quickly getting to her feet she just made it out of range of the heads being popped as the one she had extracted fluid from suffered the same fate. Quickly bending down she picked up the kit which thankfully didn’t have gray matter on it. “Disgusting, you could have at least waited until I was done.” Delynn grumbled out, packaging up the sample and sliding it into a pouch at her side. Taking the needle off she tossed it to the side and put the device away.

Up until this point she managed to keep her body free of blood and various fluids, having accidentally stepped into a puddle of blood. “Well, I always think I can keep myself from getting others' blood on me but once again I prove myself wrong.” She sighed looking at Urien. Hearing Ten she looked towards them “Uhh… nope… no sunglasses here though it probably isn’t a bad idea considering my potential.” she chided out. Turning then to Orion and Caio, though settling her gaze on Caio she grinned deviously “You look good carrying that umbrella for me. You should keep it up.”.

>>> To Next Post

ROCCHI (Nakazajo Chikage)
SCENE:
Insufficient Details
PARTICIPANTS:
Chikage, Jaimme, Billie, Odessa, Yuudai, Carter (Pending)
INSUFFICIENT DETAILS

<<< Remember

Their sheer existence was a crime in and of itself.

People ducked their heads, crossed the street to the safety of the other side. They looked the other way, spat arbitrary words to camouflage the speechlessness brought on by the tragedy of a poor fool in the Beast’s clutches—yes, that’s what he was—that’s what anyone who opposed the Sable Serpents was, be it by accident or moral intention.

A fool.

The phones at the dispatch center were always ringing off the hook, and the practiced dialogue of dispatchers overlapping one another was ever-present, for New Oasis was a city of infinite crime. A place where the evil and corrupt could thrive. And, as such, the presence of police was damn near vain with their lack of authority and support.

When the man’s body fell limp, one specific civilian—a young girl shouldering a heavy bag of books—whimpered into her hand, tears welling in her eyes as she dared not to look in the Serpent King and his companion’s direction again, lest the misfortune of meeting their gaze come to be.

Hand in the pocket of her jacket, feet carrying her away, she dialed 9-1-1, fighting every instinct to run so as not to draw attention. She counted down five careful seconds, then put the phone to her ear and smiled. “Hey, mom!”
line-clipart-separation-line-8.png
An old baseball stadium. A restaurant. A grocery store. A café. A grimy warehouse. A convenience store. Another convenience store. A lot of convenience stores… And they were all ones that Chikage recognized to be the site of small-scale robberies over the last few months, each of which faced mild to extensive property damage. Property damage that, in each incident, conveniently went in favor of the criminals.

Weird…

The warehouse and stadium in particular stood out to him, for they were the only ones that didn’t seem to qualify as a form of commercial business. The baseball stadium was one he knew well—a deadly shooting took place there several years ago—but the warehouse he did not. He looked at it studiously, chewed his cheek, then texted Detective Lyons.

“What do you know of this warehouse or garage-type building? Do you recognize the location?”

After a moment, a response came through, reading, “We’ve managed to obtain an address. In summary, it’s an old furniture warehouse that was repurposed several years ago by a mechanic.”

“Get me that address,” Chikage sent back, but it seemed Detective Lyon’s was already on it. A message came through immediately of the warehouse’s address and Chikage typed it into Google maps to take a look. Then, after that, he sent the address to Jaimmé and Billie, along with the pictures that Detective Lyons had supplied.

With it, a message that read: “Get a scope out on this warehouse for suspicious activity once you've concluded your business. Maintain distance if possible. Let me know what you find. It's regarding the missing firearms case, might be dealing with HPs.”

Then to Billie, another that said, “Please.”

Just then, the radio on his belt hissed, and a dispatcher’s voice broke through, “Captain Nakazajo, we’ve got reports of known Sable Serpents in your area. Known aliases are Beast and Dreamer.” The voice cut out and Chikage growled before responding, “Have you an exact location?”

“Affirmative,” the dispatcher started, afterward giving him the street name and storefront location that they’d been provided by a civilian witness. “Paramedics are on standby. We’ve got a reported homicide.”

Are you fucking-

“Send out a public safety announcement then get me all available units in the area.”

Adjusting himself, Chikage pulled the seatbelt over his chest and buckled in. Following that, the light revving of the cruiser’s engine turned a few heads in his direction, one of which was the detective he’d been previously talking to.

She approached him. “Everything alright, sir?”

He smiled politely, “Of course. I’m leaving you to your investigation~”

“Pest control?” she asked.

Chikage gave a knowing look, amused, “Indeed.”

El'Liberators
SCENE:
Insufficient Details
Central District, Lower Level... Somewhere...
PARTICIPANTS:
Chikage, Jaimme, Billie, Odessa, Yuudai, Carter (Pending)
INSUFFICIENT DETAILS
4a8f13ac0c69967a0f2cdd5fc4bf1a37.png
Sitting crisscrossed on the roof of a black 2006 Ford Fusion, Sophira rocked side to side, blowing bubbles with her gum that were half the size of her face.

Earlier in the day, she’d received a call from a friend—if you could call them that.

This particular friend had tasked her with a hunt. That hunt being to locate the King of the Sable Serpents, Mr. Beast~

When she’d heard the details, she thought: How exciting. I’m such a big fan!

But now… Well, now it was just boring.

She’d been sitting here for three hours and Mr. Beast had yet to walk by. How ever was she to find him if he didn’t just come to her?

A pink bubble expanded from her lips, growing to the height of her eyebrows before shrinking back down as a light flickered above her head.

Just then, Sophira stood up on the roof of the Ford Fusion and stuck a finger at the first person walking by, “Hey! Are you a Sable Serpent?”

The person scurried off.

Then came another.

“What about you?! Are you a Sable suh-suh-suh-suh- Suh-uh-uh-uh-erpent?” The strange digital-like malfunction of her voice and abrupt twitching of her head startled the person, and they quickly picked up their pace. Another coward, she thought. No way they’re a Serpent.

I’ll keep trying~

Several minutes came to pass and… Nothing. She was sitting again, crisscrossed with cheek in hand. Everyone she targeted either shot her a dirty look or hurried off. Her efforts had thus far been wasted, and it was starting to bum her out. Someone passed by, and she mumbled incoherently at them, “Wuhbout you?” Eyes lidded with boredom. They didn’t hear her and carried on.

That’s when her phone chimed. Fishing it out of her tracksuit pocket, she blinked at the screen, stared with innocent curiosity, then grinned something darkly mischievous.

“Public Safety Announcement”

565-5654198_black-crescent-moon-png-image-transparent-crescent-moon.png
326-3264090_photo-wallpaper-girl-background-fiction-black-clothes-anime (1).png
It had been several hours since Quintus told her of his plan to conduct business with the King of the Sable Serpents, and the anxiety from such was still filtering through her like ten shots of espresso.

As far as she knew, nothing good came to those who dealt with those snakes. Or maybe that was NP talk.

She couldn’t decide which was worse… Baby-sitting that useless businessman, Christen Kinslee, or this…

She drove the upper district looking for any hint or sign of the Serpents, feeling like they were always out and about until someone actually needed to find them.

It pissed her off.

Just then, her phone began to ring and, when she answered it with a click of a button on her steering wheel, the voice that sounded through the speakers pissed her off even more.

“I FOUUUUUND HIIIIIIIIIIIIM!!!!!!!”

The piercing screech caused Synchrony to swerve on the road, but she was quick to correct it, gritting her teeth at the person behind her who honked their horn.

“Pipe down, will ya? Where?”

>>> To Next Post

Chou "Mothman" Shima
In Scene: Lilim ( Roda the Red Roda the Red ) | Tazz ( Doctor Llamabean Doctor Llamabean ) | Matsuda ( Caffeine_Obsessed Caffeine_Obsessed )
August Parts Written By: Doctor Llamabean Doctor Llamabean

Hostile Agenda​

BA52EAAA-275F-4292-B910-94F1EADE9DE0.jpeg<<< Remember

Chou was goofing off on her phone. Well, that and doing some more searches on their client as well as the supposed target.

So, of course she hadn’t heard the rapping by August on the windshield, or noticed the door opening with him sliding in.

She was in her own little world as August tried to interact with her and Lilim. In fact, she was rocking side to side as she was probably thinking of whatever she was thinking of in her head.

As the car was starting to move forward again and August’s head popped up between them.

She jumped, her phone falling out of her hand and onto the floor of the car as she squeaked.

Her lips pursed as her eyes fell on his mask. Then recognized him as Tazz from their group chat. He had sent a peace sign like she had. Right now, he was also pointing at a man in the rain.

Digging into her pocket, she grabbed something from within and waiting to get Tazz’s attention. Once she had it, she held her enclosed hand out to Tazz, enticing him to let her drop what she had into his palm, a grin on her face– yes, despite getting startled.

August blinked, staring for a moment, then wrapped his own hand around hers. Following a split second, he said, “Just kiddin’,” then opened his palm to take whatever it was she was giving him.

A giggle came from Chou thanks to his antics. After he opened his palm up, she dropped the item into it.

That item was…

Another set of earplugs!

Upon receiving them, August nodded. “Thanks, mate,” not knowing she couldn’t hear him. He had a couple guesses as to their purpose but would ask later. For now, he tucked them into a pocket of his coat.

Chou nodded back, then held her finger up real quick to duck to the car floor, snatching her phone back up. Then, she text-to-talked with the raspy man voice coming out of the speaker, “Of course!

Granted, she had no idea he actually said ‘thank you.’ She was basing it off the body language! A lot of people nod their thanks after receiving a gift. Man, how weird would it have been if that wasn’t what he said!? Or, if he said anything at all.

At the unexpected voice, August flared his nostrils and flattened his lips, both confused and entertained. His eyes flickered toward the window, where he saw Smog approaching, then he pulled out his phone to type a message to Moth. He was used to this by Isobel being one of his closer friends. However, when Smog called out a warning for him to move over, he looked back toward the window, “Hm?” Then at the pair of feet suddenly diving through, August fell to the side and curled into a ball, pressing himself against the car’s door.

With Smog’s athletic, slick entrance, she rose an eyebrow before clapping her hands quietly together, applauding the feat.

Thankfully, since she was already facing toward the driver side of the car, she could see Lilim’s lips moving and she laser-focused so she wouldn’t miss the longest info dumb in the spoken words history.

That lined up quite a bit with what she was able to find on her own.

Maybe her joining wouldn’t be so bad after all. If people try to whisper and she could see their lips, well… they were doomed against her.

Chou quickly filled in her phone notes a section for Tazz after their interaction, but Smog’s entry would have to wait.

As the car slowed down, Chou bounded out of the vehicle. Honestly, she didn’t mind the rain. In fact, she had forgotten to bring an umbrella anyway.

She was already a little wet still from sitting out in the rain earlier, so getting wet again wouldn’t be a bother.

Stepping around to the other side after she dug into her pocket, Chou approached Smog and held her hand out for him to also take a pair of earplugs from her, a grin on her face.

As she waited for Smog to acknowledge her, she text-to-talked through her phone speaker, with the same voice as earlier, her face a picture of innocence, “Do we knock or sneak in?

Last edited:
TAZZ (Ft. Camila)
West-Side, Central... Christen Kinslee's House...
PARTICIPANTS:
August, Matsuda, Camila, Chou
HOSTILE AGENDA
<<< Remember

August looked at Smog with bug-eyed wonder. What had compelled the guy to do what he did was out of reach of his psychological understanding, but he wasn’t the type to judge, so he soon relaxed and put it out of his mind.

He was no longer taking up the whole backseat, and was now sitting more modestly. His phone was still in hand from when he was about to say something to Chou, but, thinking about it now, she probably wouldn’t have understood the joke.

"Glad to have you aboard, handsome," said Camila to Matsuda.

August looked at him with high-raised brows before turning his attention forward to listen to Camila’s rundown of their mission. Hearing it all again, he recalled a few key details that he’d previously noted from their first briefing.

“And would you look at that, here we are.”

anime-citrus-architecture-brick-wallpaper-thumb.jpg
Leaving his bag behind, August took his time exiting the vehicle, which he stepped around in order to get a good view of the two-story home, then stopped beside Camila. She held a small umbrella, but August didn’t mind the rain, so he stood out from under it, idly watching the interaction between Moth and Smog, during which Moth handed Smog a pair of headphones like she’d done with him.

He was confident that they had something to do with her Potential by now.

Back to the mission at hand, August scanned their surroundings. He caught sight of the mailbox and noticed it was rather full, then did a quick once-over of the yard. The grass was trim. A wealthy man like Christen Kinslee would likely have a personal landscaper… That idea came as no surprise. But August was curious now.

He answered Chou’s question with, “Feels a bit loike no one’s home, so… Ah’m thinkin we can do wotevah we’d loike.” Though he said that, and despite being well equipped to get into the home without struggle due to the drill-like properties of his Potential, August made no move to take any initiative.

Instead, he got comfortable where he stood, hands in the pockets of his overcoat—one fiddling with the pair of earbuds that shared a space with his phone, and the other with a loose thread. Then he began to nod as though to express approval of the scenery around them. “Yeh.” An empty, pointless vocalization.

Something hit him then… And he looked at Chou, took out his phone, and typed a message into a digital notepad. Stepping over to her, he tapped her shoulder then, once her attention was caught, he showed her the screen.

“I hope it’s alright to ask, but are you deaf or mute? To answer your question, I’m thinking our guy’s not even here. Based on the look of his mailbox, he probably hasn’t been for some time. To knock might be pointless. Also, I like your hair.”

Further inspection of the place would reveal that all of Christen's cars were there.

Little did they know that a surprise awaited them not just beyond the front door, but also the back.
Clothes Reference

>>> To The Next Post

Last edited:
SCENE:
Tigers Arc 2: Scene 3 [Happily Ever After]
PARTICIPANTS:
Alice, Elias, Jack, Charmy, Jackson
Happily Ever After

Despite the cheery welcome from one the staff, Jack couldn’t help but feel damn near revolted by the tacky shoes on display at the store. It seemed that whoever was trying to run this place was a total sham judging by the price tags on all of them. He only briefly took notice of the man slipping out the 'employees only' door before he was targeted by a young woman complaining about a pair of shoes.

“I- Er- em…” Jack was at a loss for words as the girl took hold of his wrist. The shoes she held up really did look atrocious. Jack gave a weak nod of agreement to her as he looked to the employees for a chance of rescue, only to find their eyes seemed completely hopeless in comparison to the girl's zeal.

Jack let out a weak laugh as he turned his attention back to the girl holding up the shows to him, “Yeah, I reckon they do look quite, uhm, unique. But, despite my, uhm, current dress, I don’t think I’d ever waste the money on them.” In fact, Jack thought to himself, they’d probably only be good for starting a fire.

Maybe humoring her a bit could get him out of here a bit faster, as she seemed quite “enthusiastic” about the prospect of Jack wearing them. “Reckon I’ll try ‘em on just to prove you right.” Taking the shoes as he sat down on one of the benches nearby, “Pardon me ma’am, but what’s your name if you don’t mind me askin’? And uh- Is there any reason this particular pair of shoes has you stirrin’ up a storm?”

HECTOR MOSES
SCENE:
Phoenixes Arc 2: Scene 1 [The Recruit]
PARTICIPANTS:
Boltius Doctor Llamabean Doctor Llamabean , Darren @Rantos, Hector, Milo Elenion Aura Elenion Aura
THE RECRUIT

“‘Course it’s not. You ain’t got an eye for good fashion like me, dawg. That’s why you’re wearin’ that.”

"Ha!" Hector shot Boltius a wide grin, looking him dead in the eyes. That was his warning, that Boltius surely knew well. Hector was entertained now, but wouldn't be if the redhead pushed his luck.
"There's nothing wrong with my fashion sense! I just know when it's the appropriate time for clothes like that."
The Ace sounded quite defensive now. As much as he liked to try and wind Boltius up, he was extremely susceptible to being teased himself. He didn't even care about fashion. His usual method for pairing outfits together was to grab something that looked funny, or was a cool colour, no matter how tacky. His signature coat had been to hell and back but was still waiting to be worn as soon as Hector could ditch the ill-fitting blazer.

“At this rate, my man just looks like he’s tryna impress somebody.” Hector let out a laugh, a genuine one. Now that was funny, and not entirely inaccurate. Hector was always trying to impress somebody, whether to earn respect or their love. “Whaddya say, bro, who’s the lucky guy or gal?” Laughter echoed down the street, and after it had died down a few seconds later, Hector slung an arm over Boltius's shoulder. He pulled his head towards Bolt until they were almost touching, and spoke in a low voice.

"Boltius... I don't need no fancy shit on to get anyone in this city. If there was some lucky fella or lady at that dinner that I was after, they'd already be mine." Hector pulled away from him and raised his voice, "Dressing up could help you find a girl though! Not like anything else you've done has worked anyw-" A new voice cut through his words. Saying his name. Who dares?

After a quick u-turn, Hector was now facing Milo, the source of the voice. Who does this guy think he is? In fact, who is this guy? He tried to appear unthreatened by the man that appeared before him, and though he wasn't impressed by his stance or his words, he did feel offended. Offended and ready for a fight. Though, he couldn't help but admire the boldness, especially coming from a complete stranger, and was determined not to let any of it show. Stay cool, Hector.

"Hold this." He shoved his dish into Darren's arms, whether he wanted it or not, and glared at Milo. He sauntered closer to the stranger, closing the gap between them. "So you think you're the new Ace now? Tell me, kid, do you know how one may take my position off of me?" Slivers of metal protruded from his fingernails, forming sharp points. Claws. Without meaning to, he had taken on a fighting stance of his own.

"If you don't know, I'd be happy to tell you."

Ashley Hart
SCENE:
Phoenixes Arc 2: Scene 4 [Home Cookin']
Lyric and Alex's Townhome, South District
PARTICIPANTS:
Alex, Ashley, Auvura, Corvo, Lyric, Yong-Yut, Vulken
HOME COOKIN'
When Corvo came closer and mentioned her large Doberman, Ashley listened for the dog's howls. It sounded like Romero wouldn't be coming inside for dinner. He felt bad for the big guy, but he wasn't gonna be the one to let him in and take responsibility if all the furniture got torn up. Unless one of the homeowners said it was fine make room for one more massive animal, he'd probably head outside in a bit to check on him.

Turning his attention back to the red-haired woman, he suddenly found himself caught up in some weird staring contest. Corvo looked into eyes, not saying a word. The awkward silence lasted until the older woman eventually broke eye contact, leaving him with a smirk as she went to roam the halls once again. Ashley just watched her walk away with a puzzled expression on his face. "The hell was that about?"

Before he could give the rookie's strange behavior much thought, Ashley was distracted by the sound of the door opening and the yell that followed. Vulken was finally home. Despite just being discharged, it sounded like he had plenty of energy. It was almost hard to believe that their dragon spent an entire week in the hospital. It was another reminder for Ashley that other people didn't heal as fast as him.

After giving Ares one last scratch behind the ear, he stood up, planning to go congratulate Vulken on not kicking the bucket just yet. However, before he could take a single step, he noticed Yong-Yut heading for the kitchen. It was a bold move to walk into a combat zone like that when there was an all-out war between the sibling chefs, but YY probably stood a decent chance at surviving. Lyric probably would've chased out anyone else. Or at least that's what he thought until he heard the King call his name.

He wasn't sure what Lyric needed him for, but he was fairly confident she wasn't asking him to help cook any of the food. His signature dishes consisted of cereal and instant ramen, so most people knew not to come to him for culinary advice. He was much better at tasting than making.

Walking toward the kitchen, Ashley caught Yong heading in the opposite direction. As they passed each other, he gave her a bit of space and nodded. "Good to see ya, Y." He wasn't creating more distance between them because of any bad blood. She made a lot of his clothes, including the jacket he was wearing now, so he liked her quite a bit. He just knew she didn't like the whole touching thing, so he didn't wanna go bumping into her on accident.

When he finally made it to the kitchen, he popped his head in and caught a whiff of the food in the oven. "Smells good." He didn't know too much about all the stuff that went into preparing the meal, but he knew that Lyric and Alex were pretty good at what they did. Unfortunately, there was still a long wait before he could dig in.

"What's up? Need a hand with somethin'?"

SCENE:
Dragons Arc 2: Scene 1 [The Child]
PARTICIPANTS:
Dyne, Julien, Ra
THE CHILD
U2ellYJ.png
"Sp-spying..? N-no, ma’am. C-certainlynot I-i-…—"

The merchant stammered, suddenly afraid that he might have offended his saviors. His produce avengers. Luckily, Dyne moved on with a new line of questioning before the merchant—whose nerves were utterly, and quite-visibly, frayed beyond a shadow of a doubt—could go ahead and prostate himself before the trio of Dragons in a last-ditch attempt to garner their favor.

Dyne’s next question rosied the merchant’s cheeks, the color of shame. "… No!" The merchant wailed; at this point he was teetering on the ledge of hysterics. "I stepped away! For but a moment! To visit a friend across the market. I have done it before… And never have I felt so unsafe! Look at this!" In a peculiar twist of fortune, the merchant’s tone turned indignant. ”In all my years… Never have I felt so unsafe!

The meaning behind this sudden, incensed tirade was clear: Dragons, fix this!

And yet, the merchant’s sudden wellspring of bravado evaporated immediately as Ra stepped forward. Fear bled back into his features, along with a sense of mounting dread at the sight of the gargantuan gangster’s approach. He shied away as Ra reached for him, only to feel the sudden weight of a golden nugget falling into his hand.

”I wish I had more information to offer…” The merchant trailed off, stepping back to let the Dragons have a look around the area without his intrusion… And to admire the gold in his hand.

… It was a grisly scene. Cabbages torn asunder, eviscerated in the prime of their freshness. And intermingled among the devastation were clues. Small, erratic footprints led away from the market, disappearing around a corner into a nearby neighborhood not twenty meters away.

>>> To The Next Post

DARIUS KENNEDY
SCENE:
Nearby Heavenly Beasts Plaza, Lower Central District
PARTICIPANTS:
Caio, Darius, Delynn, Orion, Ten, Urien
ARCANE INFORMANT

<<< Remember

Darius had no time to stop Ten's embrace and returned it with his free arm. The giggles coming from their partner after the violence that occurred were a bit unnerving, but it didn't surprise him too much. He only wished that Ten didn't enjoy it so much.

He bit his lip, to control himself before he said something disapproving. After a deep breath, restricted somewhat by the tight hug, he let himself speak. Being supportive was still his main goal, after the way he had acted last week. "I'm glad you had fun," he squeaked out.

He didn't want to let himself get too distracted by Ten, as easy as it would be. He could spend hours listening to them ramble on about any subject, and just enjoy being there with them, but he couldn't let his guard down in front of the murderers that were his company today. While Ten scrambled through their words, he let his attention wander back to the group as a whole, to make sure everything was going ok. Thankfully, they all seemed to be preoccupied.

He didn't know anything about the girl but felt anxious on her behalf as she boldly gave the umbrella to Caio. He wanted to pull her aside and ask why she would make demands to the Queen of all people, but she seemed to have a job to do, and Darius wasn't one to meddle in the affairs of others if it didn't affect him... usually. He wasn't responsible for anyone today except Ten.

After a brief pause to respond on their phone (Darius would ask later who they'd be texting at a time like this) Ten got their question out. It was a good question too. Was Darius proud? If asked before last week, Darius would say he was always proud of Ten without a moment to think about it. They had qualities he would never have. The ability to overcome adversity so effortlessly, as if they were barely affected at all by their affliction. They had a career, a career they were passionate about. They had friends, a boyfriend, and now taking the initiative to pursue a new path in life. All while remaining upbeat and carefree. Of course, Darius was proud of them.

But was he proud of them today? He didn't answer. He didn't know how to answer. Well, he knew how to answer, he'd never tell Ten he wasn't proud. But he didn't want to be dishonest to his partner. Darius was only saved by the fact that Ten moved on from the question so quickly, and the sound of skulls being crushed broke up the conversation entirely.

The first time Darius saw Urien kill today, he jumped. He knew the ways of the Serpents and didn't expect mercy, but the action still shocked him. Now, he only flinched when brain and blood splattered the concrete and watched seemingly emotionless after the initial kill. In some ways he was glad that he was desensitized to the act, in other ways, he was worried about it being treated as such an insignificant matter. He hardly had any room to judge though, having been covered in the blood of many in the past.

"...Do you?"
Ah, Ten had asked a question. Something about sunglasses? Darius didn't need to have listened to the whole thing to know what Ten wanted.

"I might!" It was the most upbeat he had sounded all day, all week even. He had with him a small backpack and pulled it off his shoulders to check. He rested the bat on the floor and squatted down, shielding the contents of the bag with his body as he opened it up. He reached in blindly, swatting at the stuff inside.

He pulled something out with both frail hands and held it up towards Ten. A pair of pink sunglasses. A pattern of cartoon cat faces and little bows adorned the sides, Hello Kitty merchandise, and not what you'd expect a 22-year-old man to carry with him to beat up gangsters. He had forgotten he had them until now, having received them as a gift last year. He loved cats, but not enough to have ever worn the sunglasses in public, and so they lay neglected in his bag. "Take them!"

Zipping his bag up and throwing it over one shoulder, he picked the bat up and stood up straight. Waiting for Caio to give his next orders, Darius already assumed the worst.

>>> To Next Post

BLITZ (Boltius Beckman)
SCENE:
The Recruit
PARTICIPANTS:
Boltius, Hector, Darren, Milo
THE RECRUIT
Boltius loved some back-and-forth shit-talk. And, most of all, he loved shit-talking Hector. Some days they could banter forever—other days, the slightest remark would send one of them into an enraged fit if the other hit too close to home.

As for today, Boltius was in a good mood. His casserole turned out great despite the hurry; he got a good workout in, chatted up a cute lifeguard by the pool. It had, so far, been a pleasant day.

And he had high hopes for the rest, always excited to attend one of Lyric’s dinners.

“Boltius…” Hector started. Their faces were close now, with Boltius tipping his head, an amused grin. The arm around his shoulder was both annoying and welcome—he even returned the gesture. Hugging his casserole securely to his hip, he wrapped his own arm around Hector to paint the image of a brotherly side-hug as they walked.

Hector went on before pulling away, and Boltius laughed as they separated before quieting down to hear what else the Ace had to say.

“Dressing up could help you find a girl though!”

Boltius shook his head. “Nah, nah, see-”

“Not like anything else you've done has worked anyw-”—Boltius spoke overtop of Hector as he said this—“Nah, nah, nah! See, a chick’s gotta like me for me. Not ‘cause I put on-” However, their concurrent jibber-jabber was interrupted by a voice from behind, a voice that, by the shock of familiarity, halted Boltius dead in his tracks.

Milo?

Just a split second off from Hector, Boltius turned around, half expecting it to be some nobody who just happened to have a similar voice, but… No… No, it was definitely him. But… why? Boltius went pale at the sight of his old friend.

He was so confused. After all this time, this is how they meet again? What sort of fantasies had Milo been feeding himself to make him think that he could take over Hector as Ace!? And what happened to not wanting to join a gang?

“Mi-” his voice was cut off by Hector’s.

“So you think you're the new Ace now?”

Boltius looked at Hector, then quickly back at Milo… No way. They were both stanced to fight, and Boltius could feel the tension in waves, but by the abruptness of it all, he was locked in place and speechless.

He looked down at his casserole then glanced awkwardly about. There was nowhere to put it, unless he were to shove it off on Darren like Hector had, but he decided not to.

“Uh- Hey, Hec- Hey, hold on a second.”

Reika "Succubus" Tsukiyama
In Scene: Charlie ( Roda the Red Roda the Red ) | Hitoshi ( joshuadim joshuadim )
Characters in the Mall: Jackson ( BriiAngelic BriiAngelic ) | Alice ( AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa )​

!Shopping Spree!​

1649809913944.png<<< Remember

The Queen took a glance over at the passenger side of the vehicle, checking on Hitoshi to make sure he made it out okay. She could still smell whatever Saturday night blast he had been involved in, so she was glad that he took the offered ride.

Reika doubted he would have made it any other way anyhow.

Charlie had made it by bus just fine as well despite the bridge collapse– the normal route was littered with more traffic than there normally was on a Sunday early afternoon. She didn’t understand why Charlie turned down the lift, but that could be explained away as though he could have had other errands. It was his choice, after all.

As Hitoshi contemplated what they should hit up first, Reika took a glance of their surroundings.

The scent of the various foods from the food court wafting outside washed her with a wave of nostalgia.

This mall used to be a super common stomping ground for the Phoenix Queen, back when Lyric was Emperor, and her the Empress.

It was unfortunate the storm took a lot of them out.

Reika couldn’t help but shoulder some of the blame for their lost legion. She’d lost friends in the storm.

Hitoshi’s answer brought her back to reality as she turned her gaze from the doors that led inside over to the older, scruffy Phoenix.

A wide smile replaced her contemplative expression as she wrapped her arm around his shoulders in a casual way, “I know just the place! Right next to it is this little stall that sells the best chocolate covered strawberries too.

If Hitoshi didn’t shrink away from her touch, she’d drag him with her arm still over his shoulders towards the entrance.

She offered her bent elbow over to Charlie, “Let me lead the way, Sirs.

Whether she had both, only one, or none of the boys as arm candy, they would make their way indoors. Despite the crowd, no one was getting in their way.

A surprised loud whisper could be heard from a gaggle of girls nearby after one gasped, “Is that–?

Upon entering the mall, the food court was first to walk through. The area was huge, with all kinds of mall food types one could think of. Though, the food court wasn’t the only place to get food within the mall. Stalls were littered throughout, as well as restaurants.

As they walked by the food court, Stacy’s was nearby, which seemed a little crowded. A charming-looking business man was talking with the model as they passed (Elias | QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel ).

They didn’t bother stopping though. Stacy’s wasn’t part of their stops just yet. They rounded a corner, only to see an employee picking up all of their sunglasses that had fallen off their hooks and scattered across the floor.

Reika bent down and snatched up a pair that were laying near their feet.

Finder’s Keepers.

She opened them up and set them atop her head. The employee had looked up in time, only for their face to make a wash of expressions before settling on not saying a damn thing.

There was a thrift store not much further up ahead, but not the store they were looking for. Maybe later.

The thrift store nearby– I go there a lot because they help support the South rebuild. Maybe we can go check it out after Hitoshi’s stop and see if there’s anything worthwhile. Even if not, maybe I can find something for one of the bars as a knick knack.

Of course, they were unaware of the chaos ensuing within. (Charmy | BluEndings BluEndings )

They walked past a shoe store, where there was some woman screeching about how expensive 80 dollars for shoes was. That was subjective, and also a common occurrence. People loved to complain about the price tags. Normal civilians couldn’t do a damn thing about it, but a reputable gang member… (Jack | Chaos Gallant Chaos Gallant )

They were close now.

“So what was everyone looking to find today? I personally didn’t have any goals besides treating you guys~” There was a sing-song tone to the carefree Reika’s voice.

>>> To Next Post

Last edited:
Isobel 2.0.png
ISOBEL PHAM

Scene: Tigers Arc 2, Scene 5 [A Dangerous Game]
Participants: Nova Anyw Nova Anyw (Callahan), Lucem Lucem (Ezra), EdwardDewey98 EdwardDewey98 (Ernesto, Mbaye) Peckinou Peckinou (Welsha)

With her pointing out the right wires, it took Ezra but a second to shut down the home's security system. There was no audible click or flashing light from green to red to indicate that the systems were indeed turned off, but Isobel had to trust he had successfully done it. Her job here after all was to lead and not baby sit. With a thumbs up from the presently raven-haired boy, they were ready to move on to the next step of their plan. Which they would have if not for the faint familiar buzz of an incoming message collectively sounding from all their phones. A message in the group chat.

Isobel felt her heart rise to her throat. It's probably nothing. She tried to reason as she drew her phone back out. Maybe it's just Markus texting to wish us luck. An unsolicited laugh threatened to bubble up but she quickly forced it back down. Don't get ahead of yourself now, Isobel. With a tap, the group chat opened on her screen. There, right at the bottom was a message from Ernesto. It was only two words, succinct, and somehow still managed to send ice through her veins and cause chaos to rage in her mind. "Phoenixes incoming."

The blood thrummed in her ears, and her breath quickened. They are all watching.

She felt her palms grow slick with sweat. The clock is still ticking.

She clenched her free hand, digging her fingers deep into her palms. Damn it, pull yourself together. NOW. Nails broke through skin and the sharp pain halted rampage in her head. Immediately, Isobel jumped at the opportunity to regain control. Easy now. Don’t want to lose it in front of all these people. With her potential, she pushed her senses out, searching for every beating heart in the building.

One... two... three... four... It took everything for her legs to not give way from stress on the roof there and then. Eight. She had counted a total of eight bodies in the house - excluding the three irregular heartbeats which she assumed were the three large cats the insane monarchs called pets. Who thought it was a good idea to keep wild cats in a city?! Whatever it was, it wasn't looking good for them. To make matters worse, two of those bodies were standing right in the very room they needed to get in to and she had a strong suspicion of who one of them might be.

"New plan." Isobel signed to the group, looking to Ezra to translate for Callahan. Truth be told, she had no new plan. "Callahan, drop a ladder next to the window for Mbaye to climb down." Knowing that he too could understand sign, she turned and face Mbaye fully. "Stay out of sight until you hear my signal. I’ll need you to help hold back a very big cat… and a couple of birds. Z, tell Welsha and Ernesto to be on the ready. We’re going to need a distraction if we plan on getting out of here with all our limbs attached.”

With her instructions relayed, she began stripping out of the coveralls revealing her plain street clothes underneath; An old oversized Passeri Park concert shirt and high waisted skinny jeans. A real fashion statement. It was better to leave her disguise behind for what she was about to do. Looping a lock of her new platinum blonde hair between her fingers, she studied it for a moment then shrugged. Maybe she’d keep the blonde for a while more. How did that one song go?

🎵 All the blondes have more fun
We’ll just awatch them sisters on a Saturday night
Peroxide causin' all the fights 🎶

The lyrics weren't wrong. All the peroxide she used to bleach her hair definitely knocked some of her braincells out of her head because she wasn’t sure if the task she about to attempt was entirely logical.

CHARMY DEVLIN
SCENE:
Tigers Arc 2: Scene 3 [Happily Ever After]
PARTICIPANTS:
Alice, Elias, Jack, Charmy, Jackson
HAPPILY EVER AFTER
While not evident at first, Charmy was quite conscious.

She gave herself a moment, and then turned over. One hand was to her temple, while the other pushed firm against the ground. Unsteady as it was, she managed to hoist herself upright so that only her legs remained spilled across the floor. There was a small attempt to ascend further, but it quickly fell back into her lap. She mumbled something incomprehensible, and forced a smile before staring back into Claire.

“I’m so sorry about all this.” She murmured tentatively. “It’s been ‘one of those weeks.’”

Claire breathed a small sigh of relief, watching her come into consciousness. He still had no idea why she fell or why everything seemed to break at once with her, but for now his focus settled on Charmy. His hand fell to his pocket where the phone slid in earlier. “Do you… need me to call an ambulance or anything?”

“Oh no no,” She winced, “I’d rather not make this anymore of a hassle than it already is.” She brought her hand down to her neck and forcefully leaned into it. It was an awkward sort of stretch, but the tension in the nearby muscles seemed to smoothen out. Afterward, she gingerly palmed for something within the small bag by her side and a moment or two later she fished out a modestly sized wallet. With just two fingers she tabbed through, and delicately pinched out a card from its hold. Then offered it forth.

“For the damages.” She leaned back, rubbed her neck, and gave a poorly enthused chuckle. “My company can cover it. I doubt they’ll be particularly happy with me, but I am here on their behalf.”

Claire hesitantly took the card, taking a brief look over it for any identifying figure—finding none.

However, before Charmy released her hold in its entirety. She spoke a single word, a name.

“Alice.”

It was not quiet. It was not subtle. The very act shattered the tension in the air like glass. Her voice had dropped, and she spoke with newfound clarity. She offered no explanation, no follow-up. The only thing the man was given was the slightly tilted frame of her head as her reflective eyes bore into his own. They glistened, carefully and mercilessly as they probed his expression for weakness.

The clerk staggered in his movement, tensing up for well over a second. A forced glance of confusion took afterward. “I’m sorry, wh-what? Who?” As for the weakness Charmy looked for: it was every inch of his face.

“That”—her gaze dropped—”is most unfortunate.”

The card clattered to the floor, as she latched a hold of his arm.
NAVIGATE
Collab with AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa

Last edited:
Dagger
SCENE:
Tigers Arc 2: Scene 6 [All Proceeds]
PARTICIPANTS:
Passeri, Daemon, Sabrina, Dagger, Fahru, Masker Concertgoer K, Minato
All Proceeds

She made a barely disguised grunt of disgust when the voices of the Minatos began to crowd into the speaker. "Shut-- could--" she struggled verbally to try and speak over the cacophony of similar voices, all overlaid above the other. After a while of this, she snapped. She slammed the comms set onto the desk, startling the Tiger that was monitoring the cameras, and sending a crack and a high-pitched screech across the Minatos' own communcations. "SHUT THE FUCK UP! ALL OF YOU, SHUT THE FUCK UP!" she yelled into the communications channel. She sighed, and steadied herself. Breathe in, breathe out, just like dad used to tell her. Assess the situation, realign. She had made a terrible choice of words. Again, she was assailed by the fact that none of the people in any of the gangs had any military training, none of them were actual professionals, just meat the gangs scraped off the ground, and tossed into the grinder. The Tigers, admittedly, played with money more than they played with war, business dealings over wetworks. They paid people to clean their messes. She was so, so wrong for ever thinking she didn't have to give them direct, proper orders. "One by fucking one, tell me if you've seen anything, any of the crowd intentionally not participating in the festivities, unattended bags left in inconspicuous, but crowded areas. Anyone who looks like they're scoping the area out, rather than looking for something specific. Anything that strikes you as odd. No," she jabbed at one of the monitors before the Tiger with her could say something, "I don't mean anyone wearing a mask and shades. Those are normal." The Tiger retreated back into his seat, clearly disappointed. The behaviours of these...'stans' were weird. Some liked to cover up their faces, hide their appearances. Maybe they were part of another gang, and they didn't want to be identified. Maybe they were just too self-conscious. Either way, their looks were hardly a factor in identifying threats. "I'm not talking about appearances, I'm talking about behaviour. While you're hawking the merchandise, keep an eye out for those kinds of things. Minato, I'm expecting you to--"

She paused. Was that Akela? No, Gunnolf. He smelled something.

"I'll get back to you, Minato."

The smell was slightly out of place in the almost sterile halls of the secure zones leading to the backstage. It faintly smelled like...candy. Assorted sweets. Akela liked those. Gunnolf, on the other hand, wasn't a fan. She looked up at the monitors. The Tiger glanced at her nervously, probably afraid he'd miss something, and she'd have his head for it. He had heard some disturbing stories about how the Serpents that had held her could have their remains packed into plastic bags. Much to his relief, she didn't acknowledge him at all. "Uh, there's nothin'--" he tried to add.

"I know." She cut him off. Someone must have mapped out the security cams, and avoided all of them. "Minato!" she barked into the comms. "Send one or two of you to Park right now. There's no need to act on anything. Might be just some weird fan. Just keep an eye out for her." She raised the phone to her head again. "Park, there might be someone in the backstage. I don't suggest you confront them. Let Minato do it. Be alert. Inform Peynirci to do so as well. It might just be a stray fan who wandered into the backstage. Whatever or whoever it is, do not eng--" she caught herself, and let out a long sigh. "Try to de-escalate the situation as best as you can. If it's just a fan, it should be fine."

Without waiting for a response, she ended the call, and made another. It took three rings, two too many, for the other end to pick up. "Yo, what's u--"

"Put the wolf on the phone."

"U-uh...sure." There was some sounds of rustling, and then, a small whine came through the speaker.

"What do you have, Gunnolf?"

A happy bark, and then a growl. The Tiger in the control room looked like he was witnessing an alien arriving to New Oasis. No doubt, the one with Gunnar right now was also sporting the same expression. She suppressed a smirk. It was...quite enjoyable to mess with them a little.

"I see. Got it. Give the phone back to the nice man." A submissive whine replied, and more rustling sounds were heard, until a human's voice came through once more.

"Uuuhhhh, what is it?"

He sounded confused. Good. "Gunnolf says he smells something. Don't worry about it. Continue your patrol."

Brushing her Iroi hoodie down to smooth over a conspicuous bump underneath, she strode towards the door. "Continue keeping an eye on the crowd. Watch for behaviours, not appearances," she advised the lone Tiger in the room. If Alpha growls at the door, do NOT open it. Got it?"

The Tiger nodded, the nervousness yet to leave his system. Even after she had left the room, he was still nodding fervently. It wasn't until her footsteps faded away that he stopped, breathed a sigh of relief, then turned back to the monitors. "Sheesh, what a slave driver. Where does the boss pick up these kindsa chicks anyway?" He was suddenly very aware that one of her ghostly pets was still behind him. He glanced behind, trying not to make any eye contact with the huge wolf at the corner of the room. It was looking directly at him, and, for a second, images of his throat being torn out flashed across his eyes. The wolf yawned, then settled back down.

What a weird pack. he thought to himself, quietly this time, as he opened another bag of chips.

Her phone beeped once. A message. She grunted angrily. Who could be sending her a text now? She opened her phone up. It was from Mancini. Ernesto. He was asking if she was coming back tonight, and if she could pick up something called Herbes de Provence. She scowled. Why did he care if she was coming back or not? These people were exasperating. Stop being friendly. Stop being nice. Just, please, stop being kind to her. She wanted to fade away, she wanted to die. She was dead, by all rights, but some people just wouldn't stop helping her back up. Just stop. Just fucking stop. Her scowl cut deeper into her expression. Her fingers hovered over the keyboard, hesitating, wondering what to reply with. At long last, she moved, making as few keystrokes as possible to type out a message and reply to his. That sordid ordeal done with, she shoved the phone back into her pocket.

'Maybe. Sure.' would appear in Ernesto's inbox.

@Refaulted QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel Mqueserasera Mqueserasera @azenmannumber2 Elenion Aura Elenion Aura @The One Eyed Bandit EdwardDewey98 EdwardDewey98

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back