• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

AUGUST

TAZMANIAN DEVIL
"TAZZ"​

<<< Remember

Everything was suddenly upside down. . . "Huh?"

Let's back up a little.

You remember August's stunt, right? The rapid speed as he rebounded off the ceiling and hurdled toward Raph; how he looked super cool throwing his switchblade at the Ace of the Sable Serpents--or who he assumed was the Ace. How he pinned Raph to the floor like a real predator would its captured prey, then flung him outside.

If you remember that, then you probably stuck around to see the roles reverse as quickly as they'd established.

The hunted became the hunter, Raphael atop of August as August struggled to free himself and finally did after a frustrating time.

Well, here's what happened. . .

August got to his feet and dusted himself off, his hair and clothes disheveled from the tussle, as Raphael also regained his footing. Like a snake flashes its fangs before a strike, the Sable Serpent glared defiantly on with what August couldn't quite pin as a smile or other.

Whatever it was, anger or excitement, August reached calmly into his front pocket, holding up his free hand in a halting gesture, and drew his wallet. "Mate. Whattya say we both go ah separate ways?"

Raphael's expression softened with confusion and interest, and August studied him as he went on. . .

"How's about. . ." Three blue bills were removed from the wallet then, each printed with the number 100, fanned out in the Tiger's grasp for the Serpent to see clearly. "Three?. . . 'S not much, but it was a slow week, ya see." August went on, rambling about his personal business, "I'm in a bit-of-a boind~ Payin' dues wheh theh nevah shoulda been dues to be paid, so I'm not really intooooooo-" He drew a circle around himself with the bills, referring to everything around him, "-oooooooooooooooo, well, all of it. So, yeh, I'd rathah go home. . . and, loike. . . sleep. . ."

Silence settled between them.

August fiddled with the cash in his hands, pursing his lips, glancing this way and that as he waited for the other to complete his seemingly genuine deliberation.

Hoping to add to his negotiation and further his chance of walking free, August opened his mouth, only to be interrupted by Raphael's unexpected decision.

"Okay!" He said happily and, for a moment, August just watched him carefully. Was this guy the easygoing type? August didn't know. Perhaps a sucker for money; though, August was never the type to judge by appearance or status. Nevertheless, if the Serpent was fooling him, he prepared himself for a quick escape. But unfortunately, he took too long.

One step back, August bent down and placed the money on the ground, never taking his eyes off his opponent.

Standing straight again, his hands clapped, "Great!. . . Uh, easy'ah than I thought. . . You enjoy that-"

"There's no need for payment."

"Ah you sure?" August cocked a brow, halting.

"It's fine. You're free to go. I won't stop you," said Raphael.

"Rrrrrrroight. . ." One could see, clearly, that the Tiger was skeptical. He shot two finger-guns at the other, wiggling them, "Well, ya know, you've gotta go, too, so I can sell it that we fought it out, else I'll be chewed by ol' King Cold- which, I mean, is foine. . . Yeh, I've always loved a good scoldin'~ . . . Not really-" August inhaled sharply, held the breath as he pat both of his hands against his pants. Then, as he exhaled and moved as if to turn away, "Alroight, guess I'll just-" his foot was swept from under him, and his dome met hard with the ground.

So much for blasting off in a windy show of awesomeness. . .

The impact rattled through his bones as he dangled, the blood rushing to his already throbbing brain, and his heartbeat thundered in his ears.

"Ahhh," he groaned, "-makes moh sense. . . Yep. . . shoulda saw that. . ." he said painfully, face turning red behind his mask and goggles. "Can't really blame ya, though, can I? No~. . . Can only blame mahself. . . Guess this means I've gotta try. . ." His steel blue eyes were lidded lazy with disinterest, as if the mere thought of fighting back wasn't worth his energy. Hell, just talking was exhausting--yet he did a lot of that.

"Ya know, aftah this, we should get a drink- My treat. . . 'Less ya plan t' fool me up then, too. 'Cept I don't drink. . ." He added after a pause, but quieter, "Or should I say hang me up."

Crickets.

"'At's wot I thought. . . Let me just ask, at least, ah you plannin' t' kill me? Whattya call it? Followin' ordahs? 'S 'at really how it is? Sometoimes I wondah if 'at's all just a quip to refrain a guilty conscience, yeh? Or maybe to save rep, loike: look at me killin'~ Not a bad guy, though, 'cause I'm just doin' mah job. Butchu chose that job. . . Hmph~ Which, I mean, it's no difference to me whethah you kill or not. . . but in this case, it's me, so. . . yeh, I care a little. But noooo~ A handsome guy loike yaself! No way that you kill people. Nevah would strike me tha type. No- I feel loike you're more of a. . . an intimidatin' kind. Yeh, and it's workin', so you can- uh- put me down now."

Adding to his misfortune, his shirt had fallen down and bunched up around his neck to reveal his slender but toned torso and. . . somewhat uncharacteristic belly ring, at which he casually glanced before meeting Raph's eyes and stating half-amusedly, "I lost a bet. . ."

>>> To The Next Post

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited by a moderator:
VULKEN BECKMAN
SCENE:
Phoenixes Arc 1: Scene 3 [Training Day]
PARTICIPANTS:
Reika, Dimitri, Shen, Kanna, Ruriko, Guardian
CURRENT STAGE:
2 (Current Temp: 1,900°F / 1037.8°C)
TRAINING DAY

The sudden, manic expression on the Dragon King’s face as Draken recovered from his bindings was… concerning, to say the least. Still, he remained in his guarded position, his steadfast determination to take his enemy’s life burning brightly within him. His unwavering and malicious glare was locked onto his dark-haired adversary. He seemed… elated, although he had practically been standing outside of the gates of hell. A crimson eyebrow rose at the uncanny sight before him. Aren’t you scared?

Had he… lost his touch?

It was then– in that brief, lightning-fast lapse of focus, that Draken could feel the ground shake beneath his feet, and could see the iron planet that he had set out to destroy barrelling towards him at blinding speeds. Shit– too fast!

It was too late for him to counter Shen, so he opted for the next best thing– turning up the heat in his radius as much as he could, and directing the heat to his front. It slowed the Dragon’s assault down, but it wasn’t nearly enough to completely stop him or give Draken enough time to properly react and counterattack. In a matter of milliseconds, the two color-contrasting men were face to face. Shen’s hand was on his chest. Why? Was he getting ready for some kind of attack? Not on my watch.

Draken quickly brought his hands to the King’s wrists, and conducted hundreds of degrees of heat directly into them with the full intention of burning them clean off. He tightened his grip on them, further focusing his potential into his hands to speed up the burning process. The scent of smoldering flesh tickled his nose. It was somewhat calming to him, a sensation he’d… missed. For the first time in a long time, he felt that he was in his element, rejuvenated– alive!

Being in the heat of battle– one where his life was potentially on the line, caused Draken’s enraged scowl to slowly curve up into an exhilarated grin. Shen was fast, sure, but he was on the threshold of progressing into the third stage of his potential. Once he made it there, the fly in front of him would be swatted quickly and efficiently, and he’d move on to kill any other Dragon who happened to be in his vicinity. He could feel his old, repressed viciousness returning to him with every violent, burning-hot pulse. Survive this, He thought, staring into his blue eyes. I’ll put you down quickly in a few more minutes.

Before they could take their bout any further, Draken’s target was suddenly sent flying away from him. Whatever had struck the Dragon King was powerful enough to knock him right out of the sweltering grip he had been trapped in, and when he turned his head to face who had carried out the attack, his deranged glare softened. Reika looked worried, but, for some reason, he couldn’t make out exactly what she was saying. His ears were, for some reason, ringing. Had he really gone that far against the Steel Tempest? How long had it been since he’d seriously gotten in a big fight like this? Had it seriously taken this much of a toll on his body? As far as he knew, he wasn’t even hurt, but something was clearly off.

Thanks, Doll.” He said, much quieter and strained than he thought– or at least imagined– he’d sounded. He smiled at her, but her eyes weren’t focused on him anymore. Before he could turn and see what his Queen had been looking at, he was swept away by the huge, crashing wave.

Darkness. There he stood, in a black void where there was no ground to stand on, and so he remained suspended in air. He was alone with his thoughts for a second.

He’d told himself that he wouldn’t do this anymore. He had forced himself to come to terms with the fact that stealing people’s lives from them was wrong– but this…

This whole night felt so incredibly good.

He couldn’t find it in himself to further regret going along with this little ‘Training Day’ Reika had set up. In fact, he was thankful. He’d have to treat his leader to dinner, or something. It was very possible that he’d just gotten his spark back.

Was the ruthless Draken from so long ago finally back? Not quite, but something had definitely emerged from tonight.

Vulken.

Suddenly, his eyelids flew upward, revealing that he had been suspended not in air, but over the edge of the fucking bridge he had just been fighting on. Part of him wanted to let out a small, surprised yelp, but for some reason he couldn’t quite find the energy to do so. The voice above him was familiar– but, considering the current circumstances, was it friendly?

Without craning his head to look at her, Vulken responded. Or, at least, he thought he did. Kanna.

She offered to explain ‘everything’, requesting that he turn down the heat first. Ah. His brief unconsciousness must have caused his temperature to rise even more to protect him from anything else that may have come his way. He felt her grip on him shake ever so slightly. It must have been extremely uncomfortable for her.

He slowly looked down at his hands. It wasn’t exactly possible for him to ‘cool down’ manually, but he couldn’t blame her for not knowing. If he had woken up in Stage Three, it would have been slightly easier to redirect the heat, but he wasn’t there yet. It’s fine, I’ll just–

Wait.
Rage seeped out. His eyebrows furrowed. You’re supposed to kill Dragons right now. What are you doing? Back to step one. Where’s the King at? That was fun.

He seriously considered doing it for a moment, his arm raising at half-mast before it quickly fell back down to his side. Don’t got it in me, huh.

He’d have to comply. Immediately, the heat stopped circulating around him, now radiating completely within his forearms and hands. The Jack agreed to her end of the deal, raising him from his position and gently releasing him onto the bridge, where he quickly fell to his knees after landing on his feet. What the fuck…?

He was confused, but he couldn’t let himself appear weak in front of the ‘enemy’, so he had to improvise. He lowered himself into a seated position on the ground, although he would have preferred laying down at that moment. With labored breaths that he slowly began to notice, he finally spoke.

Like…some kinda Angel, comin’ to save me and shit.” He weakly uttered, looking the woman in the eyes. He allowed his heat to slowly begin radiating off his whole body again, and any water on either of them began to dry as he continued speaking. “You’ve got… a lotta explainin’ to do, Kanna.” His gaze grew more serious as he spoke to her, embers of malice still burning away inside of him. “What… the fuck is goin’ on…?

Internally, he slowly grew more and more concerned about his condition. Had he missed something? He wasn't breathing the way he normally did, and his senses were still dulled.

Maybe he was just getting old.

Elenion Aura Elenion Aura Taigakitt Taigakitt FabulousTrash FabulousTrash

<<< Remember
>>> To Next Post

Last edited:
SCENE:
Tigers Arc 1: Scene 3 [The High Life]
Albino Tiger Penthouse Suite, West District
PARTICIPANTS:
Elias, Sophia, Yulia, Callahan
THE HIGH LIFE
A chase, then!

The man in the red suit flew down the stairs, leaving the chaos of the penthouse in his rear view mirror. Even so, he knew full well he wasn’t out of the woods yet. Not that it mattered. He’d done his job.

When the dust finally settled upstairs and the body of the girl was discovered—conspicuously colder than everyone else in the room—word would spread like wildfire. Go to Tiger parties, maybe get murdered! Then all of the CEOs, business moguls, politicians… Will stop and think before sending their daughters, their girlfriends and boyfriends, to swanky penthouse soirées. The well will dry up and shrivel. Or, at least, that’s how it had been explained to him anyway.

For his part, Beau was just happy to be alive and free. He had no intention of letting his circumstances change.

So when he landed in the spacey stairwell lobby—the red neon light of the emergency exit sign above the door that marked his ticket to freedom—he had no intention of letting the large man who had rappelled from the ceiling stop him.

Large was a relative term. The two men could look each other in the eye comfortably, and upon closer inspection, Cal might note the ripple of inhuman musculature beneath the man’s dapper maroon suit. If the two men fought in earnest, their bout would surely spill out into the night before either man yielded.

But I don’t have to kill you, Beau thought as he produced a creamy white switchblade from the pocket of his suit jacket. I’ve just got to move you out of the way.

Without further adieu, the man in the red suit charged, slashing savagely at the Rookie Tiger’s face with his blade.

>>> To The Next Post

Auvura-
From The Ashes- Phoenix HQ: Morgue
Mentions: BriiAngelic BriiAngelic

imanol-delgado-salazar-afterlife-17.jpg

Walking into a dark room Auvura took a moment to feel everything out, she exhaled a silvery puff of essence before the lights began to flick on. The wisp of air began to float about the room, flicking on different devices and quickly bringing the ambient temperature of the room down by several degrees. All around her papers were whipped up by the crawling mist, wispy hands forming and guiding the chaotic room into something more orderly. It had been a few days since she had been in her office and she forgot how much of a mess she had left it after an all-nighter. Running a hand through her hair she brought her mind back to the task at hand. The mist coalesced around her feet before flowing into the lower part of the pool table.

Mechanical creaking and whirling could be heard as she physically worked the mechanism required to change out the table. Taking a step back the mist flowed out as the gears spun. Taking a deep breath she reabsorbed it and gained a little color back on her skin. She had not fully read the message, having sped here rather quickly. She heard a commotion down the hall and steeled herself. Going over to a mini-fridge she took out a small vial and uncorked it. She swirled it around before downing it and wincing. Closing the fridge she felt her veins chills before she turned around as the doors opened and in came two phoenixes with a body covered by a sheet.

They weren't carrying the person with much grace and it sorta peeved her off a little bit. “A Little more care would have been admirable… this is one of ours after all.” Auvura chided out before moving to the side of the body. She could tell immediately, the wings gave it away… or at least the color did. Swallowing, she pulled the sheet off and saw Nina laying on the table. Her blood chilled more, the body was torn up… and even worse there wasn’t blood dripping from the corpse. An internal switch flipped and Auvura felt her hand tremble. Without alerting the two younger phoenixes as to what was going to happen Auvura immediately set to work.

Flowing from her mouth, nose and eyes a silvery mist pooled around her, whipping up around the two standing nearby before welling up and falling over Nina’s body. Auvura wasn’t at all interested in what the two had to say, the body was fresh, fresh enough that she knew this was going to be a nightmare and the sooner she could work through it the better they would all be in the long run. Turning her full attention to the body Auvura began to sway as her skin went pale white. Slumping backward into a chair Auvura’s eyes seemed to trail off as the mist flowed into Nina’s mouth.

The body convulsed, the wounds clearing up and seeming to shut entirely. An almost illusion-like scene fell over Nina’s body as the mist repaired the immediate damage, or at least appeared to do so. With the hardest part over Auvura somewhat came back to herself as she turned her head to look at Nina’s body. She sent a pulse and Nina sat up, her eyes wide open and filled with fear. Auvura gasped as she began to experience Nina’s final moments.

She experienced a sense of weightlessness, a feeling she was entirely foreign to. Mentally viewing the city from below she realized she was flying, or at least gliding towards the top of a building. It was then that she heard it, like a puff or a burst. Quick and fleeting it happened before she had even a second to react to it. A piercing pain shot through Auvura as she realized she was stabbed. A gush of blood spurted out of her mouth and onto the floor of the morgue. Gritting her teeth she forced herself back into the visage. Regaining her sight into Nina’s death the impact of the fall was next. It rocked her before she felt another piercing stab wound that went through her stomach. The pain was enough that Auvura shuddered in her chair and while wanting to will the visage away she caught a memory flowing through Nina’s fragmented and decaying mind. She saw the image and as if catching a grasp of something more pulled out the last remnants of Nina. While Nina didn’t speak Auvura could pick up on it as she felt the dancing lights in the back of Nina’s mind begin to slow.

“Its alright Nina, you can rest easy now. I got what I could, thank you.” She spoke up at last as the lights went out and Auvura felt her essence begin to dissipate. Willing herself to stand she hugged Nina, and while she didn’t have any blood visible blotches began to show as Auvura released her grasp on Nina, letting the phoenix slip away once and for all.

Laying Nina carefully back on the table it was now that the blood fully manifested itself, having hugged Nina, Auvura was covered in it. “Take care of the body, and be careful. I need to speak with the others. It is best if I am alone to do it.” She spoke to the two Phoenixes as she motioned to one of the holes in the wall. Waiting for Zombie and Bastion to move it she finally slid Nina in and closed the door. “Excuse me, I have to record information,” Auvura said, her face stoic and pale white. Once the two had left she compiled her memories and sent them to Lyric, hoping she had an idea of where to go.​

Last edited:

Dante | LINK
~West Side, Central

Scene
Arc 1 Scene 1 {Free Real Estate}

<<< Remember

Everything was working out wonderfully and Dante found himself nothing, but pleased.

To have Bash here and now, meant one thing. The situation had changed. It was time to play things carefully. Aware that he had called for back up already- no doubt it was the two masked thugs that had created the filthy gaping hole at the front of the store, he began making calculations in his head. Right now, he had options- but he had to be careful here. He had to play it safe without coming off as intentional or deliberate. If he messed up and anyone caught on, it'd be game over.

So when he heard the voice of one familiar fellow not too far behind them all, Dante's head turned as his body glowed. In less than a millisecond, he could unleash the energy stored within his body. Though he looked like a glowing light show, it would be child's play to release the energy within him. Doing it was easy, shaping and manipulating it took a bit of extra time. If he wanted to knock back everyone in the room all he'd have to do was charge up and release, then push. He could've released a field to knock down the object Darius hurled right at the Queen.

And he did, because honestly even if it was enough to catch her off guard- which would've been telling- he couldn't play the idiot game all the time. It would only hurt him more than do him good.

With a raise of his hand, Dante snatched the hurtling object out of the air with a transparent claw of glowing energy extending from his left arm, and then with a mimicking movement, tossed it aside, neither back at its thrower or anyone else. Since he was alone, that meant the other one was nearby. And if they came from the sewers like they had left. Then... he didn't bother to even look down. If he could expand his energy out it'd extend his senses but slow his ability to perform any attacks. It would leave him open and he couldn't risk that.

Then came the command. Luckily for Bash it hadn't been him she'd called. Though as he watched August do his thing, he had to admit that it was a smart move taking out the other one and making it out the window. He had to wonder if that was intentional or not though. Either way, he was certain August would be fine. And if not, well, guess he'd have to kill someone after all.

When Bash attacked, Dante made a show of not paying attention with his focus more on the blonde masked Serpent instead. Oh but he kept his awareness clear. Keeping himself facing in a manner that allowed him to have peripheral view of what was going on between the Queen, their Ace and the Serpent's Ace. Either way, one thing was for certain:

He had no intention on letting Bash touch him.

And if the others didn't know, even dear August for all his kindness in passing him the kitty mask he wore now, he would keep his lips sealed. After all, warning them would just shine suspicion on him. Couldn't have that. Not at all.

If worst came to fall, the least he could do is keep them all alive. Though he highly doubted the others were incompetent. That was the point though. To see just how well they could keep up their acts in battle.

As Dante remained where he was, eyeing the blonde masked Serpent, he kept his ears on high alert for any strange movement, and kept his eyes moving in case there was another glow from underneath the ground. Having that girl pull the trick she'd pulled earlier wouldn't work twice. The benefit of this form was that he could latch on to anything he wanted to. And so he did just that. Energy bursting from his glowing body, Dante gained long glowing clawed arms. With a launch into the ceiling, and a flex of his power, he ascended up the store, and swung himself towards Darius.

The fact he'd chucked something instead of using something better made Dante wonder if his power was something that had a limited range. He decided not to test it out though. He'd learned from Bash not to make that mistake again. Having his powers cancelled here would render him open and virtually useless, he couldn't afford that.

Didn't mean he cared if it happened to the others though. Seeing them without their powers was the best case scenario to properly observe their behavior and reactions.

Either way, with his claws on the ceiling, Dante pulled himself up to it and did a little gymnastic flip in the air before his sandaled feet glowed also and from his legs sprung energy talons that stuck themselves into the roof. Staring at Darius upside down and all the others. He waited for Darius to make a move.

>>> To The Next Post

Mentions: The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit Elenion Aura Elenion Aura Nobody Special Nobody Special @OverconfidentMagi Doctor Llamabean Doctor Llamabean @cojemo BriiAngelic BriiAngelic

Interactions: @FangS31

TIGER'S
SCENE:
Tigers Arc 1: Scene 2 [Money Talks]
PARTICIPANTS:
Ezra, Isobel
MONEY TALKS
Despite likely not having driven himself anywhere in years, and despite the fact that his grasp on his own consciousness was still tenuous at best, Titus managed to somehow not crash the armored car as it sped down the city block before Ezra completed his daring stunt and resumed control of the steering wheel.

As the roar of the autocannon fizzled, the sounds of a city in chaos rushed in to fill the space of sound left behind, including the low hum of an engine, combined with the frenetic whir of a helicopter's blades spinning some distance away.

"E-excellent shot, m-m'boy..!" Croaked a groggy Tittus as he was scooted over into the passenger's seat once more.

The autocannon sputtered flames and leaked a slurry of half-molten slag and unspent shells onto the asphalt below. And yet, as if undaunted, the iridescent hovercraft kept on its target. Despite its main armament hanging limp and impotent beneath it, the craft—and its pilot—showed no sign of abandoning the hunt. Not yet, anyway.

As Ezra's car started to speed ahead, an invisible panel in the alien-looking craft's seamless roof pulled back, and the dark-haired woman from the casino emerged, her hair whipping wildly around her head as the night winds rose around her. She hoisted a shoulder-mounted rocket launcher up out of the hatch and into the cool air. With a a practiced ease that belied the weight of the massive weapon—perhaps originally designed to be mounted on the craft itself—she set her sights on the Tiger's fleeing tail.

Her index finger squeezed the trigger, and the rocket flew.

However, in that same moment, a massive, jagged pillar of ice split the road beneath the mysterious craft, blocking its path, and the path of the recently-fired rocket.

Both the rocket and the hovercraft crashed head-on into the frigid obelisk, as the sound of whirring helicopter blades came more sharply into focus.

Markus' chopper swooped around a bend and into view. The Tiger King leaned half of his body out of the helicopter's un-covered flank, examining his work. Through his headset, he told the pilot which car was holding their prize, and soon enough the chopper was overhead, affording Ezra and Titus a truly royal escort to the Albino Tiger's Headquarters, leaving the wreckage of the their pursuers behind.

>>> To The Next Post

Last edited:
Isobel_Circle.png
ISOBEL PHAM

Tigers: Arc 1, Scene 2 [Money Talks]
Participants: Elenion Aura Elenion Aura (Markus), Lucem Lucem (Ezra)

Even with the headset Markus had chucked at her when she first got in, Isobel could still hear the helicopter rotor thrumming loudly above as they sped through the skies of New Oasis. It would have been quite the view if her eyes weren't squeezed shut; heart pounding in her chest with the intensity of a jackhammer. It wasn't that she was afraid of heights or easily frightened, but people like her were just made to have their feet planted firmly on the ground. Every time the chopper turned or tilted she felt her stomach lurch and she tightened her grip on her seatbelt till her knuckles turned white. At this point, she didn't even care to ask where they were going or what Markus wanted her to do. She just wanted to get out.

When Markus leaned out of the helicopter, her heart sank to her stomach and she had half a mind to grab the back of his jacket and pull him back inside if it wasn't for the flash of ice that suddenly shot out of his hand. Curiosity getting the better of her, she peered out through the window to see what the King had fired at. Where the tower of ice stood in the middle of the road, she saw a missile and hovercraft-like vehicle planted into the side of it, smoke rising in wisps above. On the other side, a black car speeding away. Without having to even focus her power, she immediately felt a familiar pull that alerted her to the identity of its passengers. So this was a rescue mission after all.

Not wanting to be dead weight - and also hoping to speed up the process in hopes of ending this experience sooner rather than later - Isobel mustered up her courage and crawled to the edge to unfasten the ladder attached to the side. As it unfurled, she reached a hand out, an offer to aid those climbing up.

>> To the next post

Last edited:
SHEN YUE
SCENE:
PARTICIPANTS:
Ruriko, Kanna, Jesper, Reika, Vulken, Dimitri
RECKONER
Shen was suddenly alone.

But was he lonely..? No, he didn't think he was. Shen was accustomed to this.

Even in a crowded room, Shen was alone. He was always floating just out of reach.

Shen thought he heard a voice cry out from somewhere below. In a way it had reminded him of his mother.

Shen blocked out the voice. He needed the silence that only solitude could bring.

The bridge, a link forged between Dragon and Phoenix, sprawled beneath him.

How had it come to this?

Violence begets violence, hatred begets hatred. Shen knew the words. He remembered the lessons. All of the teachings that his parents, and mentors, and friends had imparted upon him were fresh in his mind, as fresh as the day he'd been taught them. Shen knew, logically, that this could end here and now. That the power was in his hands, as the King of the Dragons, to set this right with the Phoenix King. This need not lead to war... And yet, what if Shen wanted war? The hand-shaped burn marks around his wrists had started to sting, a reminder of the battle on the bridge, a battle that had not yet concluded. Before him, Shen saw two paths, as a new voice whispered to him which one he ought to choose. The path of violence, the path of pain... Down that road, Shen shuddered to think what horrors might await him or those he professed to care for... And yet, could he live his life forever not knowing what might lie beyond that veil of blood and terror? To live a life free of all suffering is not to live at all. And once more Shen's mind landed on the bridge, now nothing more than a monument to failure...

The Eastern Bridge had connected the Dragon's Territory to Central District since the earliest days of New Oasis. Since the days before his rule, and even before the rule of his uncle and mother, this bridge had belonged to the Dragons alone... Yet, now... After the hurricane and the collapse of the Southern Bridge, Phoenixes had begun to frequent this road. And out of good faith, the Dragons had allowed them safe passage. Shen had allowed it. Surely, if they could see him now, his forebearer Kings would curse him for his foolishness, for his naïveté, like that of a child... And now, because of those Phoenixes, because of their meddling... All of this... Shen's eyes swept the carnage below. Water-logged cars and trucks, an untold number of casualties... All because of this bridge. This symbol. Partnership, solidarity, trust... What could have been, would now never be. No more trust. No more collaboration. No more Phoenixes.

Far below, the bridge began to tremble.

Shen's mind was far away, even as it wrapped itself around the southernmost portion of the bridge like a vice. He was the King. He was duty-bound to defend his kingdom, and only his kingdom... Until now, he'd believed that peace need not be won by strength alone... That Central District need not be taken by force... That his rival Kings could be permitted to continue to exist so long as they did not threaten the sanctity of the East. But no longer... He raised two shaking hands, arms and fingers splayed wide. Silhouetted by the light of the full moon behind him, Shen gazed impassively down at the T-shaped bridge. The South District sprawled away into the distance before him. He had made up his mind. The time for peace was at an end. It was a fool's errand to try and build bridges with those who only seek destruction, those who could only ever comprehend strength.

Shen flexed his fingers, and the southern-most portion of the bridge began to rock violently, sending some abandoned cars skidding from one end to another, and others headlong over the edge and into the churning waters below.

Peace... Was it all a lie? Had there never been a chance for understanding, for community... Had they been taking the Dragons—taking him—for a fool all this while? Shen twisted his hands, rotating his wrists as though he were pulling apart an invisible item between his two outstretched hands.

At the same time, the reinforced steel supports tethering the bridge, both to itself and to the belly of the river below, began to creak and groan. A metallic twang reached Shen's ears as one of them snapped under the strain, causing the bridge to rock and shift once more.

Shen's mind was a ruinous black pit. It didn't matter, now. The past was in the past. It was time to march forward, and right the wrongs of the world—not just the East—one bridge at a time.

Shen swept both of his arms forward, one passing over the other, and with one last, thunderous crack, the southside of the bridge began to topple in on itself, wailing as it fell, in pieces, into the water below...

Huge sheets of asphalt, cars, trucks... All of it began to fall into the yawning maw of the river.

And Shen watched.

Meanwhile, unbeknownst to the Dragon King, the resultant shockwave of the bridge segment's collapse rocked the eastern portion of the bridge, the part still standing, which had also begun to wobble as well under the weight of this new equilibrium.
<<< Remember
>>> To Next Post

RURIKO IKEDA
SCENE:
Dragons Arc 1: Scene 4 [Reckoning]
PARTICIPANTS:
Jesper, Kanna, Shen, Phoenix Trio
RECKONING

A part of Ruriko held some confidence that her voice would reach Shen. That the friendship and trust that had been built up all these years would be enough to get him to listen. However, he remained in the air, looking down on those beneath him with a detached expression. Her voice fell on deaf ears; she was completely invisible to him.

For a moment, she considered taking a more direct approach to earn his attention. Displacing him through the use of her potential surely would suffice. Yet, even so, her body refused to move. What were the consequences of interfering with the King of the Azure Dragons? Her voice couldn’t reach him, would he even be able to recognize her? Or would she be offering herself directly to the jaws of the dragon?

Before she could even order her own body to move, the bridge beneath her began to tremble. Ruriko widened her stance in an attempt to maintain her balance as she watched Shen raise his arms, a clear indication that the sudden movement was his doing. The creaking of metal bending and stretching forced Ruriko to look over her shoulder as she watched the bridge that connected the Southern District to the Eastern bridge move and twist unnaturally. With a loud crack, her eyes widened in shock as the southern part of the bridge fell unceremoniously into the river below.

The main portion of the bridge, the one she was currently standing on, continued to tremble as well - the intensity increasing every passing second. This was bad, this was really bad. Ruriko looked back to Shen, expecting him to do something about their own bridge. However, he continued to watch, seemingly stuck in that mindset that she so desperately wanted to pull him out of. She chewed at the inside of her lip, screaming internally at her body to move.

With another violent shake underneath her, her legs finally carried her off into a sprint. Ruriko threw her hand outwards, linking a portal in front of her and another one in front of Shen before creating an unlinked one directly behind him. She immediately dived through, reappearing at her desired location in the air as the momentum transferred into a full-on tackle against her friend. The two crashed against the unlinked portal as it absorbed the two of them for a split second before spitting them back out in the other direction towards the linked portal. Within an instant, Ruriko and Shen tumbled over each other onto the bridge.

“SHEN -” she scrambled up to her feet as fast as she could under the violent movement, helping him up in the process. Ruriko placed her hands on his shoulders, shaking him back and forth for a moment to ensure he returned to his senses. The absence of emotion in his eyes was replaced with growing sorrow. “Shen, it’s okay - it’s okay! I need you to focus and stop this bridge from collapsing as well!”

<<< Remember
>>> To Next Post

RAPHAEL SHAW
SCENE:
Serpents Arc 1: Scene 1 [Friends in Low Places]
Mach Sling Bowling Alley, West-Side Central District
PARTICIPANTS:
Anna, Darius, Bash, Dante, Vincent, August, Reina, Lucy
FRIENDS IN LOW PLACES
<<< Remember

Raph couldn't remember the last time he'd been in a fight with this much... Talking. To his mild shock, Raph found himself hanging on every word, while also—paradoxically—having hardly a clue what the fuck this guy was talking about. Something about the whole situation was starting to feel surreal, almost hypnotic, though Raph couldn't place his finger on exactly why. Perhaps he'd hit his head harder than he'd realized back then. Even so, August's reaction was priceless. Raph would treasure it for awhile, that look of too-good-to-be-true optimism, and how it fizzled into dejected acceptance. Simply sublime. It was exactly what he'd been looking for. Kudos to you, nameless Tiger boy. Bravo.

A confident Raph sauntered closer and simultaneously hoisted August higher, inspecting his prey with a morbidly curious gleam swimming in his eyes. He looked August up and down, tilting his head this way and that—his eyes pausing meaningfully on the bellybutton ring, as he made a mental note of its presence for later—before casually squatting down and scooping the trio of bills up off of the sidewalk. Easiest three hundred I've ever made~, Raph thought to himself as he pocketed the cash. And all the while Raph listened intently to every word that the young man said, utterly captivated. If he had been asked to interpret the monologue and put its themes to film in his mind, Raph surmised that the whole thing felt a very much like watching someone playing darts in a dark room with a blindfold on... The subject just sort of haphazardly throwing darts in the dark, praying for a bullseye that'd never land, except through the utmost stroke of luck. It was entertaining, and pathetic, and bizarrely endearing all at once. Raph almost felt bad about what he was about to do to this poor, unfortunate soul. Almost.

When he was confident—more or less—that August had finished saying his piece, Raph flashed the handsome young man a thin, mirthless smile. In an instant, Raph decided that all of this was either quickly becoming tedious, or that he was finally coming to his senses. Even so, he couldn't shake the feeling like a cloud had settled over his thoughts like a thick blanket of fog.

“Are you finished? Good. Raph's grin took a turn for the sadistic as he gave the dangling man a little shake with the tether—which the eagle-eyed observer might've witnessed as it reattached itself to Raph's right hand, at last completing the leash which started in Raph's balled up fist and completed in a lasso encircling August's ankle.

Well... This has been a quaint little distraction, but all good things must come to an end, I'm afraid. And with that, Raph tightened the bloody noose wrapped around August's ankle before he reared back and swung the blood-tether—and the man it was attached to—headlong over his shoulder and down, hard, cracking the ground before him with the weight of the impact.

Raph, giddy at the prospect of getting to hurt another person—no one ever said he was sane—cooed as August rose up off of the ground, “You were right, you know, ~” Raph wiggled his fingers and the blood that had previously attached itself to August's ankle rescinded back into the Hemomancer's hand, and hardened into a wicked-looking blade of crystalline crimson. “I'm not going to kill you because anyone told me to. I'm going to kill you because I want to, darling.” Whether Raph actually intended to kill August then and there was anyone's guess, but it still felt good to say, affirming, even. Raphael wasn't anyone's little minion, mindlessly doing what he was told, because he was told it. No. Raph did what he wanted, his orders be damned. The only master he served was himself, at the end of the day. The day his goals no longer aligned with the Serpents, well...

Taking a fleeting moment to steel himself against what he was about to do, Raph brandished his bloody knife and charged. He slashed, swiped, and stabbed at the elusive Tiger, but despite his best efforts, his blade continued to come away mostly empty-handed. For August's part, he had up until now kept more-or-less exclusively on the defensive, which only served to further enrage the Serpent out to spill his Tiger's blood. In Raph's mind, August was taunting him by not striking back, as if he viewed him as no threat, as if he meant to defeat Raph by merely evading him until the rabid Serpent tuckered himself out. The feeling of that moved his body before his mind had finished thinking it, and he once again missed his mark.

Raph snarled as his blade again sliced harmlessly through empty air where a Tiger had once stood. Why was he so slippery? Raph's head felt like it was swimming. Frustration turned to fury as he whiffed yet another blow.

He would not lose. Not again. Not again.

He'd heard Bash's shouted words of—ahem—'encouragement' coming from inside the bowling alley, and though Raph would have preferred nothing more than to take another stab at his Ace, Raph for some insane reason really, really didn't want to let his fellow Serpent down. A thought which was enough to give him pause. Did he care what Bash thought about him? Certainly not..? He really might be losing his mind, right here and right now, outside the ruins of this dinky fucking bowling alley. Who the fuck goes to war over a bowling alley?! Seriously?!

Raph's head was starting to really hurt. It felt like his brain was pounding against the walls of his skull. His stomach was starting to do somersaults as he could feel his balance starting to wane, nearly tripping over himself as he went for another slash. In a brief flash of lucidity, Raph recalled how Bash had smashed the back of his head against the concrete sidewalk. Ah... That makes sense.

He almost laughed. That figured. He was probably fucking concussed after all.

Once again, Bash ruins my life. And twice on the same day, no less! How typical.

>>> To The Next Post

Alicia Morel
SCENE:
PARTICIPANTS:
Alice, Elias ( QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel )
Money Talks

Alice.png

The entire time, Alice didn't know what happened after the... gruesome sight. After being ushered under a table with her caretaker, Mr. Hat, he did a good job of keeping her eyes and ears blocked off, pressing her against him like a parent hugging their child tight. But, even with her face digging into his shirt, Titus Latken and his slit throat spewing red played over and over again. He was staring up at her, gurgling. Alice could feel the blood all over herself, and, nauseous, desperately tried scrubbing herself clean. But nothing ever came off, and Titus still met her eyes.

"Alice?" Mr. Hat's voice snapped her out of the trance. She looked to her sleeves and her dress: all clean, if not a little ruffled. Janay pressed his palm against her belly; Alice didn't notice how swift and distorted her breath became until then. The girl bit her lips, latching onto Janay as an eerie silence, save for a bustling wind, entered the floor.

Still keeping Alice close, Mr. Hat approached the shattered windows, watching the action down at ground level. One hand held Alice, and the other his hat. He grimaced slightly once the explosion echoed across the city block, and he saw his Tiger colleagues escape with the 'cargo' intact. "Seems like a mission accomplished." Janay would have given a proud smile if not for the delicate sniffling at his side. But the cost of success...

"No, no, Alice, don't cry..." He knelt to her height, maintaining a solemn smile. However, he could only bite his lip once she went limp in his grasp, bursting into a mix of hyperventilation and tears. Janay tried his best not to let similar emotions cloud himself. "Alicia," he whispered gently to her ear. She twitched her head at her real name, muffling her cries. She wiggled a short distance, now able to see his emphatic eyes. "You make me sad when you're crying..."

Alice looked to the floor, tears continuing to well up. "I don't want to be here anymore..."

Janay grit his teeth. "I know." He looked around at the utter destruction of the place. Tables turned, casino chips strewn about, and bullet holes peppered the room. People like Alice were never meant to be exposed to the midst of these things. The Tigers would be concerned of course—only because an unhappy Alice meant an unhappy 'tea party.' The thought of that made Janay's brows furrow a moment. "You never were supposed to be here." And, the last part, he muttered under his breath, "Not with the Tigers..."

Alice noticed the surroundings, too. To which she only asked at the time, "Is Mr. Latken okay?"

"He's fine,"
he answered almost instantly. Janay rose to his feet, retrieving the phone from his pocket. "That boy you met earlier, Ezra; he fixed Titus right up. Everybody is fine, Alice." She could sigh a breath of relief again; even if she had no idea what the fate was of the 'chauffeur' and the other men.

At the same time, Janay finally dialed a number on his phone, waiting patiently for the receiver to pick up; which, he soon did. "Mr. Yumin? It's Janay. I'm gonna need a moment of your time. It's for Alice's sake." It was a short call, but enough to explain all that happened. This was their usual solution to keep Alice 'occupied' from more severe things. It was a cruel cycle, if Janay had to be honest; but necessary. But even now, as the action died down, something tugged at the edges of his lips, further exasperated by how the girl looked. "Alice, I'd never told you this before, but the day your mother brought you here and I took you in my arms, she said something to me—one last thing before she... had to go."

Alice perked up curiously. She was always interested in things related to her mother; always bright and positive. Even amid what just happened, she still found it in herself to smile and give her fullest attention. Janay shrugged as though it wasn't anything spectacular. "She told me to keep you safe. To do whatever I thought was in your best interest. To love you like she did." He tried not to grimace; to block out her dying countenance as he held the younger girl. Mr. Hat looked at Alice, deep in thought. "That scene repeats itself again and again in my mind; in my dreams, my daydreams, and my nightmares. Maybe it's time I listened to it. Maybe it's time I did what's truly best for you..."

Alice hugged herself. "You're confusing me..."

Her caretaker only chuckled. "Come on, Alice, let's go home. We'll make it through this together."

"Together..."
She mouthed the word a few times, then raising a hand over to him. "Pinky promise?"

Janay smiled warmly. "Pinky promise." Their pinkies crossed, and for once Alice found herself able to smile again. The girl in tow, Mr. Hat headed into the elevator to the ground floor. If he saw any of the other Tigers present, all he said would have been, "I'll be taking Alice to Mr. Yumin. The last thing she needs is this stuck in her mind."
wdBHKKhl4aLQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png

1644738286113.png

Kanna Katsura - Azure Dragons - Jack [CS LINK]
Scene - Dragons Arc 1 | Scene 4: Reckoning
Location - Inter-District Bridge
Mentions/Interactions - Vulken Beckman ( Nobody Special Nobody Special ), Ruriko Ikeda ( Beann Beann ), Shen Yue ( Elenion Aura Elenion Aura )

"Where do I even begin..."

Kanna sat down across from Vulken. Her eyes met his. She could feel the heat radiating from him, drying her clothes.

The two met a long time ago, when they were both still children. No burdens to bear, no conflicts to resolve. Well, nothing large scale such as being a member of a gang. How they grew up in completely separate environments yet still found each other was a mystery, but something that neither of them questioned.

"Well, all of this began earlier this evening...."

It all started in a park within Central that Kanna's parents took her to. She remembered seeing a red-haired kid hanging around, alone. At first, she stayed away, heeding the words of her mother to avoid strangers. But the more they went to that park, the more often Kanna saw him.

One day, Vulken had a ball with him, tossing it around aimlessly. It went up and down, up and down, up and down. Up and...bounced on his face. It rolled over to where Kanna was. She picked it up, looking at the young boy approaching her with a sort of delinquent-like demeanor. Kanna kept looking, unfazed by his appearance. The boy's mouth opened to speak, but no words came out, confused that the girl didn't falter so easily. Kanna handed him the ball, and since then, the two began to play together whenever they saw each other in the park.

As the two grew up, they spent more and more time together. The park became their common hangout throughout their middle school years. Vulken got more comfortable around Kanna and vice versa. On multiple occasions, Vulken attempted to form a romantic relationship with Kanna. Despite her constant refusal, he asked every so often, even when she came out to him.

Once high school started, the two grew apart slightly, Their lives got busier, and neither of them could travel to Central as often as they once did. Vulken, with his involvement in the Phoenixes and Kanna, with her focus shifted to her schooling. They didn't see each other again until Kanna became involved with the Dragons. The two ran into each other by chance during a job Kanna was assigned to. Since then, they made an effort to keep in contact. At the very least, they would check in to see if either of them were still alive.

"...and that's why we're here."

Kanna took a deep breath, letting it out. Hopefully, Vulken was able to process everything she just told him, about the unknown attackers and how they weren't members of the Dragons like they were claiming to be, and that the misfire from the Guardian drones was due to low visibility. This whole situation was one big misunderstanding. Had Kanna and the others succeeded in capturing the white-haired male early on, then perhaps much the damage could've been prevented. She couldn't help but feel heavily responsible for that.

She stood up, holding out a hand to help Vulken up as well. Then Kanna felt the rumbling under her feet. Looking around, she thought for a moment that there was another wave of water coming, but her eyes soon fixed onto Shen. His hands were outstretched, and she could start to hear the metal supports under the bridge straining and breaking under pressure.

Kanna's eyes widened as she watched the section connecting to the South District collapse, chunks of asphalt and metal falling into the river below. The aftershocks went through the East District section of the bridge. She held out her other hand to stabilize herself.

This wasn't good. Did Vulken see what happened?

As if on cue, she felt her arm tug as Vulken began moving towards Shen. Kanna's grip tightened around his wrist as she pulled him back, glancing down at him.

"Your chest. It's still wounded."

She could see the hole in his shirt where he got stabbed by Shen. Though she wasn't aware on how he got the injury, Kanna was sure that in his current condition, Vulken wasn't battle ready. Kanna looked back towards Shen, in time to see Ruriko tackle him out of the air and back onto solid ground. She let out a small sigh of relief.

"...You should head home...tell your leaders what I told you."

Her grip on Vulken slowly relaxed, Kanna's hand eventually falling back down to her side. She nodded towards where Ruri and Shen ended up.

"I'll...find out what's going on here and...we can talk about it tomorrow...if, you're willing to hear me out again..."

Despite her best efforts to maintain her composure, Kanna's eyes told a different story. One of tiredness, confusion, and worry. Did Shen do it out of choice? Or was there another explanation Kanna wasn't seeing? More so, how would the Phoenixes take the information?

Tonight was not a good night.

Isaiah Spade
CS Link
SCENE:
Dragons Arc 1: Scene 1 [Rogue of the Night]
PARTICIPANTS:
Isaiah, Meirin, Kairong, Reveler
ROGUE OF THE NIGHT
Isaiah's expression remained gentle as he listened to Black. Seeing them wrapped in their own arms as they commented on their past reminded him of his younger years. Back then, he often sat in the darkness and hugged his knees, remaining silent as he was forced to confront death over and over again. Unfortunately, death was unavoidable for someone like him, but he understood Black's desire to escape from it.

"I know the feeling. That's why I can't help but worry when I hear about things like this." Most of the workers he spoke to were aware of what happened to his mother, so it wasn't necessary to explain the meaning behind his words. It was rare to meet someone in the Pleasure District who didn't know about the murder, and the reactions back then were similar to the ones he encountered during this investigation. The victim may not have been a worker this time, but the fact that a murder took place made many people feel unsafe and remember unpleasant memories.

"I appreciate the concern, but you don't have to worry about me getting into danger. I'm worried about them, but I know my limits. As much as I wish it weren't true, there's not a lot I can do to help on my own." While it was possible that Black may have revealed more information if he told them he was a member of the Azure Dragons, the costs outweighed the benefits.

"I just thought that if I knew their name or what they looked like, I could keep an eye out and ask others to do the same. If I see or hear anything, I'll be sure to let you and Silver know. I'd hate to know I missed an opportunity to help, so I'd appreciate if you could tell me about them. Like you said, we should let the Dragons help, so I'll leave the dangerous parts to them." Despite Silver and Black's description of Silence's behavior, both of them still trusted the rulers of the East.

"I know there's a lot of opinions about them, but they've always kept the district safe, and they seem to value peace. I guess that's why I was shocked to hear that the man was a Dragon. I can't believe one of them would act that way." The reason for Silence's aggression was still unknown. He knew of many drugs that caused people to behave similarly, so it was possible that the poison could have played a part. Although, there were many other potential explanations.

"If you don't mind me asking, why was he here? Did he say anything strange? I know it must be unpleasant to remember, but maybe there's a hint that could help find your friend."

As he spoke to Black, Isaiah felt his phone vibrate. Once again, he applied his Potential, hiding his actions as he reached into his pocket. There were quite a few messages this time, each containing important information. The first came from Reveler, providing details about a worker named Swallowtail. It wasn't a name he recognized, but the description matched what Black had told him so far. They had a prime suspect now.

The next two messages came from Yo, one providing more details about Silence's autopsy. Most of it was information he already knew, but the bit about the poison powder resembling cells caught his eye. He wondered if that resemblance only applied to the appearance, but the report didn't say. At the very least, it'd be easier to identify the poison thanks to the description provided by his Queen.

"We're still in the process of determining Silence's motive. It's still unknown if he leaked any information. However, we now have a key suspect for the murder. We were told about a woman named Swallowtail, a recent hire at Paradise Forever who is now missing. They are described as being obsessed with butterflies, magical girls, and the color violet. Silence's body was discovered in her room, and traces of poison were still there." Taigakitt Taigakitt

The last message came from Kasumi. Now that he'd heard from both her and Yo, he could assume that everyone at HQ was still safe. He was glad they weren't harmed, but the day wasn't over yet. If she was on her way here, he'd need to prepare.

"The phone is located in the manager's office of Paradise Forever. The manager is currently in the lobby, but one of the workers is still here with me. You should be able to see us and the phone through the window. The phone belongs to Silver, the manager. It might have information relating to Swallowtail, a missing worker who is the main suspect in the murder. There's also a computer in the office that might contain useful data. Once you're nearby, i can mask your presence so you can work without being detected. If there's an emergency and you can't make it here, I can also provide a number for the phone if that's enough for you to work with. Your safety comes first." FabulousTrash FabulousTrash

Wanting to keep everyone updated on the situation, Isaiah messaged the others members of the investigation team. "Sleeping Giant has left to look into an attack on HQ. Cipher is currently on their way here. Attached is a report on Silence's autopsy." simj26 simj26 Mqueserasera Mqueserasera QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

<<< Remember
>>> To Next Post

AUGUST

TAZMANIAN DEVIL
"TAZZ"​

August couldn't lie; he was stalling. Rambling. Jesting thoughtlessly as he swiveled above the ground, half-hoping, without a strand of confidence, that some part of his patter would pacify the Serpent.

Strung up like a worm from a fishing line dangling before a trout, he kept his composure. Some part of him fidgeted with trepidation, but never outwardly. No, his exterior was coated thick with optimistic insouciance.

Even as the snake slithered closer, raising him higher, and eerily eyed him--painting the picture of a cobra, after the mouse has ceased its struggle, searching for the perfect point from which to devour its meal--his tone was chatty; relaxed. Perhaps, from Raphael's perspective, his tone was mocking.

Between his words, August swallowed a rising unease in his throat; it tasted of the chicken wings he'd eaten just an hour ago.

Then, when Raph crouched and pocketed his money, he snorted behind his mask and quipped, "Bettin' 'at's th' easiest three-hundred you've evah made, yeh?"

"Oh- Not to imply ya don't make good money." August gestured to Raph, "With hair loike 'at?" A snicker on his next words, "Maybe it's Maybelline- Or, wait. . . 'At's not it."

He quieted.

In doing so, the silence reminded him of his headache. The pounding in his ears.

"Are you finished?" asked the Serpent.

August blinked. Then he shrugged, "Eh."

"Good," said Raph, and before August even knew it, he was slammed into the concrete below with inhuman force enough to obliterate an NP.

As the ground shattered from the impact--jagged chunks of cement splintering upward around him--his eyes bulged with pain and shock. The breath left his lungs, leaving him no air to yell, so he only choked; gagged.

Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit- -- His vision blurred before quickly refocusing. This was real, and it was serious.

Kicking into hyperdrive--his senses heightened with newfound adrenaline--August became enveloped by rock-solid wind and distanced himself a short way from his opponent. His knee buckled and the wind dissipated, but he recovered and met the other's eyes.

He was tired before, and he was still tired now, but now he'd been stirred to motivation. Motivation to live.

"You were right, you know, ~" Raph spoke.

August watched stiffly with heavy breaths, the occasional grunt, as the sanguine tether from before--that which previously leashed his ankle--was recalled and impressively reformed into a blade within the other's hand. Reminding of a character from his favorite comic, he was almost grateful to have witnessed such an interesting feat.

"I'm not going to kill you because anyone told me to. I'm going to kill you because I want to, darling."

There wasn't enough time for August to formulate a strategy or response before Raph was on him and swinging, forcing him to dance, it might have looked like. With every jab and every slash, the Serpent's blade cut just short of the Tiger as he hopped and veered and ducked. The aid of his potential made him quick, but every evasion was near a stroke of luck, almost as if he was falling out of harm's way; tripping to safety.

August worried he would wear out before the Serpent. Someone as eager to spill blood as this surely had the stamina to support it, he thought, weaving for his life.

As the Serpent skillfully painted a picture with his blade, August painted another more sloppily with himself.

He used bursts of wind to blast himself out of the way, but Raph never let up. He was as sharp as his weapon, not a fumble...

Or that's how it, at first, seemed.

August noticed amidst their bout that Raphael's attacks were slowing down. They became less impassioned and thirsty for blood, and August had an easier time dodging them.

He studied Raphael. Looking for an opening. Then, when he saw it--a visible shift in the snake's focus as his mind wandered--he took it.

Blasting himself into the air, flipping up and over, August landed behind Raphael and, all at once with as much strength as he could muster, sent him flying with a powerful thrust kick to his spine.

Across the parking lot and over the gaping hole ventilating the sewers, the Serpent's body whizzed. He plowed through the weary Mach Sling door, splitting the horizontal metal bar that was its handle, and collided with the Ace of the Sable Serpents.

Somewhat bewildered- Or, perhaps, surprised at himself, August approached the building slowly, stopping at the door to goggle at the two-man pile-up he'd created. As he stood there, the door to the bowling alley finally gave way, plucked by gravity and the pressure of its own weight from its exhausted hinges, and it met loudly with the floor.

August fiddled with his fingers and pursed his lips.

He held his hand up flat and cringed a smile behind his mask, "Hey. . ."

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:
ANNA GARDENER
CS Link
SCENE:
Serpents Arc 1: Scene 1 [Friends In Low Places]
Western-Central District Sewers > West Side, Central District
PARTICIPANTS:
Bash ( Nobody Special Nobody Special ), Darius (@FangS31), Raphael ( Elenion Aura Elenion Aura ) Dante ( The Regal Rper The Regal Rper ), Vincent (@OverconfidentMagi), August ( Doctor Llamabean Doctor Llamabean ), Reina (@cojemo), Lucy ( BriiAngelic BriiAngelic )
FRIENDS IN LOW PLACES
<<< Remember

Anna bounced off of the pavement and sunk her fingers into the bowling alley's cheap outer wall. A light sheen of sweat had gathered on her brow, collected from the sum total of stress and mental exertion that the day had cost her so far. Between her 'friends' in the Serpents and the Tigers she was being forced to fight against, there really wasn't much going her way today.

Her short foray up the length of the alley's wall, on the other hand, was something of a walk in the park. After only a few minutes had passed, she'd peppered it with small, perfectly proportioned handholds, and burrowed her way into the building's ceiling. She brushed aside globs of insulation and wriggled past fat, rusted pipes as she wormed her way into the dark, dank space. The smell of mould, dampness and general mire was the first thing she noticed, or rather, recognized. It was almost the exact same cocktail of sensory stimulation that was typical of cheap, poorly maintained constructions. It was common in Serpent territory. She of all people would know.

But not wasn't the time for her to be getting nostalgic.

As she squirmed deeper and deeper into the room, Anna allowed her fingertips to gnaw and ebb away at whatever they brushed up against. Plywood, hardwood, iron and steel alike turned to liquid as she went, slowly but surely compromising the ceiling's integrity. The further into the roofing she went, the more she was able to crawl, and then eventually crouch, her pace increasing with each centimetre of her height that she regained.

The network of materials that had been so carefully intermingled to form a stable structure started to struggle and groan against their own weight, and Anna knelt crammed amongst it all. The light of her phone illuminated her phone, which in these conditions she could only barely see out of, and she shot the other Serpents what she hoped would be her final message of the day.

'Watch your heads'

Then, she seized the fattest and final of the roof's supports and turned it to mush.

Anna imagined that there would be a moment of silence, perhaps the comedic type, before her actions took effect, but reality held no such conveniences. The moment the roof's brave, final support standing fell, it did too. The bowling alley rung with the groan of twisting metal and splintering wood as the roof inverted in on itself, a cavalcade of cheap, but still heavy construction materials raining down from above in an avalanche of sharp, hard, and especially hard snow.

Amongst it all was, unfortunately, Anna. She crashed into the ground not long after the hail of debris, sliding across one of the larger chunks of the roof, and then almost tripping over a stray piece of steel. She looked out over the rubble, and her first instinct was to yell out to check if anybody had been hurt.

She didn't, though. It was probably better to just stand there and look menacing. Maybe she'd intimidate somebody off that way.

>>> To The Next Post
/border]

Lucidity
Mach Sling, North-Western Central District
PARTICIPANTS:
Dante ( The Regal Rper The Regal Rper ), Vincent [NPC'd], August ( Doctor Llamabean Doctor Llamabean ), Darius (@FangS31), Anna ( The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit ) Reina [NPC'd], Raph ( Elenion Aura Elenion Aura ) Bash ( Nobody Special Nobody Special )
Its Free Real Estate X Friends in Low Places
<<< Remember

Lucy would have stayed fully out of the fight if these serpents were content enough to just fight her tigers. She hadn’t planned on front lining today. She had better things to worry about than some stupid little dispute. She glared down at Bash as he clearly went to charge for her and Reina. She sliced at the bowling alley’s chair creating some debris for her to swing around.

“Vince drop the air! Reina CHARGE.”

At the call, Vincent dropped the curtain of air as Reina went in for the attack on Bash. Vince went into support mode as he used his air attacks widely at the two serpents who came in through the front.

Lucy took a step forwards raising the sliced chair back as she got ready to toss the shit with all of her strength. Yet the slam behind her had her spin around. Oh looks like their little spy came back. She frowned seeing the split open canister that was batted away.

Had he tried to hit her?

Oh well. Dante seemed more than equipped enough to rid them of the little blond mouse so she would leave him to it. Instead, she twirled around throwing the chair forwards in an attempt to get Bash to ease off of Reina.

“GET HIM!”

The woman didn’t seem to be taking advantage of her power as her claw transformed back to skin. She never said she wouldn’t help her tigers play dirty, and he was the greatest threat. At least that’s what she thought as she heard a groan come from the roof. Wait there were two spies weren’t there? She barely had time to shout as the roof came crashing down.

“RUN, GET OUT OF HER-”

The roofs materials came crashing down upon them. She heard the chaos of screams from NPs and HPs alike who had yet to vacate the premises. Bracing she brought her arms up focusing on getting herself into a position to unbury herself when the roof came down upon them. She fell to her knees as the weight of the roof slammed into her.

“FUCKING HELL THAT HURT”

She pushed up with her arm throwing a slab of the roof off her. Blood started to pool under some bits of roof that had slammed into the unlucky NPs. She could hear desperate sobs and screams from under nearby rocks. She wasn’t enough of a bleeding heart to focus on that yet. She still had slabs to dig herself out of and tigers to find.

“VINCE, MORI, DANTE, TAZZ WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU.”

>>> To The Next Post

Elias Yumin
SCENE:
Tigers Arc 1: Scene 3 [High Life]
Albino Tiger Penthouse Suite, West District District
PARTICIPANTS:
Elias, Sophia, Callahan, Yulia
High Life

“Sounds like a plan—,”

Elias stepped to the side as he felt Callahan barrel pass him, straightening his blazer as he moved, but didn’t lose his pace. By the time he reached the emergency exit staircase entry, the larger man had already descended the stairwell via a…ladder contraption…avoiding the stairs and pretty much dropping down into the darkness bellow.

Weiss’s penthouse was in a…large…building, so it would take some time to travel down ALL the steps. Unless one were an NP—which red-suit was. Elias started down the stairs, moving as quickly—yet safely—as his HP body would allow. “I suppose while Calahan distracts him we can—hold that thought.”

His ringtone—which was fairly basic—interrupted them.

Fishing his phone out of the pocket of his blazer, Elias saw that the call was from Janay Fox and could already guess what it would be about even before answering. There was only one reason for Mr. Hat to call him. However, Elias brought his phone to his ear as he moved down the steps nonetheless. He didn’t speak. Simply listened as Alice’s caretaker explained the situation.

In the 1 year—and some months—since he’d paid for membership into the Albino Tigers, there were some who knew about his potential and some who didn’t. Some he let remember and some whose memories of it he erased (mainly NPs). Some who likely figured out the mechanics of his potential, but refrained from bring it up, perhaps out of fear that he would do the same them. It wasn’t like he could easily alter the thoughts of someone who knew what to avoid—and Elias didn’t fancy picking more fights than he had to…especially with gangsters.

Janay Fox, aka Mr. Hat, was one of those that knew—who Elias had no problems letting know because the whole situation with Alice was simply fascinating to him. He found it amusing that Alice, a veteran of the Tigers, knew less about the true nature of the Albino Tigers than he did…but it really went to show what sort of organization the Albino Tiger was. There were hidden rules. There were the things on the surface and the things bellow the surface. Some tigers embraced both. Some didn’t. And some just plain didn’t know.

Personally, Elias saw no point in keeping a fellow veteran in the dark. She had to grow up at some point, after all. If they wanted her to be useful, if they wanted her to be a part of the organization, she had to be steadily introduced to its true nature…but it wasn’t as if Elias didn’t understand the logic behind keeping her in the dark. Elias had shaken hands with many Tigers at parties. Seen their secrets. Kept their secrets. Each Tiger had their own agenda. And, if Elias were to be frank, he didn’t really care. He was still only a rookie, after all. He assisted when he was requested to—so long as it didn’t disturb his day job or his regular life. Erased altered whatever memories his fellow gang members—who knew about his potential—desired.

In doing so, he got to watch and be a part of something interesting.

“Sure. Just tell me where and when.” Once he got all the details, Elias hung up, slipping the phone back in his pocket as he vaulted over the rails—skipping the next few set of stairs—and landed on the platform bellow. At this point, he was close enough to the bottom to see Red-suit man attack Callahan, but high enough above them that they weren’t likely to notice…unless they looked up.

It was only a couple of levels above them anyway.

“Sorry about that,” Elias glanced at Yulia. “If touching him is all you need to do, sneaking up on him while he’s distracted by Callahan is probably our best bet.”

Jumping at him from above could work as well. Elias didn't know anything about her potential (other than the fact that it seemed to make her disappear and come back with a shot gun), but Elias didn't think she'd have a reason to lie. Elias was willing to make bets...so long as there was no considerable loss...and he was curious what Yulia would do. Curious to see what the veteran of the Albino Tigers was capable of. Pulling out a handgun from his blazer, the only weapon he carried with him really, Elias aimed at the targets’ legs. Most HPs could survive a bullet, but his goal wasn’t to maim exactly. It was to distract.

He didn’t fire though. Not yet. Not unless Red Suit managed to get past Callahan.

It’d also draw attention to himself the moment he let loose the bullet, so best let Yulia get into a good position to jump him before then. Who knows? Maybe Callahan would successfully catch the target and Elias wouldn’t have to fire. The man certain looked like the big and strong sort.

The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit Nova Anyw Nova Anyw Elenion Aura Elenion Aura

Last edited:
Lin Kairong
SCENE:
PARTICIPANTS:
Reveler, Isaiah, Silver

I see, I see,” the old man mused quietly, stroking his chin, as if he were deep in thought. In truth, he puzzled over the pieces that he had been given. The children might have done much better in this regard than he was. Perhaps, he should update the rest on what he had found out from the manager. His eyebrows raised slightly when he saw the flood of messages popping up on his notifications. “Oh! I really should have paid more attention. I never could get into the habit of checking my phone every now and then.” He tapped the screen once. It didn’t respond. Scowling, he tapped it again, this time succeeding in opening up the messages he had received. He raised his spectacles and squinted as he tried to read the many messages that the rest had decided to send to him.

If you will pardon me. It appears my children have given me more cause to worry about their health, even if they should be the ones who are worrying about mine.” He slowly pressed his fingers on the keyboard. Though he had much skill in the arts of war, fiddling about with these ‘keys’ was beyond him. He had seen the younger generations dance across the slippery surface as if it were second nature to them. He did not envy them. Very few of them could move the same on the ground. Wasteful, lounging, lazy movements, all of them. Inefficient. He chuckled softly to himself. Now was not the time to criticize the youth. He typed, very slowly, his curt, typo-filled message.

Swalowtail missng since moring.

Another message came in, this one from his daughter. Since he was already checking his messages, he decided that he might as well open it. “Oh!” he exclaimed with some amount of joy. He turned the phone around, which was now displaying a picture of his daughter and her own daughter, enjoying a large bowl of ice cream, smiles all around. “My daughter and grand-daughter. They like to send me pictures from time to time.” He chuckled softly, turning the phone back around. “Oh, they grow up so fast. Very soon, she’ll be going to university soon. I think.” He wasn’t exactly sure. Maybe she was already in university. Sometimes, he couldn’t exactly keep up with where they were now. After his wife had passed, he stopped caring about the passage of time. Only the rare reminder from his children, both his Dragon ones and his blood-related ones, could manage to catch him up to the current day. He shook his head, a soft smile on his face. Time will one day take him, and he wouldn’t even know it. Was that how she felt? Or did she know it was coming?

I apologise for the minor distraction. I sometimes get carried away by the antics of my children.” He tucked his phone away, back into his pocket, and returned to his stoic nature near instantly. “You were speaking of Swallowtail, yes? Has she exhibited any strange behavior in the past few days? We are led to believe that poison may have caused the death, and it may not even have been ingested. Poison was also located in her room, very strangely. I do not wish to cast suspicion on an innocent lady, but as it stands, she is the closest to what we can call a ‘suspect’.” Butterflies. Poison. There were butterflies that shed scales, and he had learned somewhere that if the young of these butterflies were to ingest poisonous plants, their bodies themselves, and by extension their shed scales, would carry the same poison. How curious. He leaned forwards, resting his chin on his fist. “I wonder…

<<< Remember
>>> To Next Post

Meirin Azuza
SCENE:
Dragons Arc 1: Scene 3 [Eye of Providence]
PARTICIPANTS:
Yo, Kasumi, Kazue, Meirin
Eye of Providence

Nodding at the Dragon Queen’s orders, Meirin went to investigate the source of the smoke, her arms shrinking back to normal size. Fortunately, it wasn’t very far. Right below the building she was on in fact. Merin only had to walk over to the edge of the roof and look down to see the small bonfire that seemed to be burning…cloth. Meirin squinted. At least, it looked like cloth…and a mask.

Dropping straight to the ground, Meirin made her way over to the fire and stomped out the flames as quickly as she could, her feet growing bigger as she did so to cover up the entirety of the fire. Fire was dangerous, after all. Granted, it seemed to be a fairly contained fire, you never know who might get hurt. Once she was done, Meirin picked out whatever blackened cloth she could of the burnt remains. The mask as well. Perhaps Dragons’ forensic team could determine the shooter from the evidence left behind. Perhaps not. Meirin didn’t know, nor was it her job to know. Since she hadn’t managed to catch the culprit, she could only collect whatever pieces they left behind, and hope for the best.

Meirin gave the interior of the building one final look through for potentially dangerous terrorist weapons to smash, took a bag from the building—after leaving a bit of change—to hold all the things she was carrying, then sprinted out the door to the streets.

Retrieving her phone from where it was tucked in her sash, Meirin turned off ‘speaker’ brought the mobile device to her ear. “There was a bonfire at the base of the building used to burn…clothes…from the looks of it. I found a mask, likely belonging to one of the terrorists, as well.”

That was it.

Noticing that she had received a couple of texts, one from Isaiah and one from Yo, Meirin read both quickly. The autopsy report forwarded by the Ace was…interesting...but it wasn’t a priority for Meirin at the moment. She’d mull over what it could mean later. The text from Yo was the more urgent one to respond to.

“Got’cha. Let’s meet at Forever Paradise, then. Tell the Queen I’ll help with finding the laptop.”

Why they were looking for a laptop, Meirin had no clue. Source of the original attack? She had no idea what that even meant. Cyberattack? The one that doxed Robin, Kanna, and the rest? The one that downed some of the East District’s cameras? Something in an innocent laptop did all that? However, Meirin didn’t question it. That was how things were in the Azure Dragon Gang. There was a clear order. Since she’d already left the investigation of Paradise Forever in order to assist HQ, it made no sense to return to her previous task until she was done with her current one. And, unless Yo stated that her help was not needed, Meirin saw no reason not to help. She only left because she was fairly confident Isaiah, Reveler, Robin, and Kairong could finish the investigation just fine without her…

…And Kasumi seemed to be on her way to Forever Paradise anyway.

Perhaps they could just all work together to finish both respective tasks and get them both done that much quicker. As Meirin ran, her body grew and grew until she was 10 meters tall. The bigger she was, the more quickly she could transverse certain distances, after all. Pedestrians turning their eyes to gawk at the large woman running down the dark streets didn’t bother Meirin. Not anymore. In the five years since she’d been invited into the Azure Dragons, she’d gotten used to it.

Her potential was hers.

"Oh, and this is the picture of the person I want you to help me find," Working a tiny phone was that much harder when one was 10 meters tall and had big thumbs, but Meirin somehow managed to clumsily send the text to Kasumi:

IMG_4843.jpg

Taigakitt Taigakitt FabulousTrash FabulousTrash azenva azenva

>>> To Next Post

Ezra Knight
CS Link
SCENE:
PARTICIPANTS:
MONEY TALKS
Pressing hard on the accelerator, Ezra occasionally looked at the center console to keep an eye on his pursuers' movements. It would've been nice to see them run with their tails between their legs after being defanged, but the armed group of theater kids was nothing if not persistent. One of the aircraft's passengers decided to take matters into their own hands, opening the hatch and revealing a massive rocket launcher. Of course they'd have one of those.

Placing one hand on Titus's shoulder, Ezra tightened his grip on the steering wheel. He wouldn't have time to repeat his previous stunt, but he honestly wasn't in the mood to take a missile to the face, so that may have been for the best. He'd try something else this time, but it was only slightly more appealing than being blown up. However, before he could act, God finally decided to grant him a bit of mercy.

The moment the missile was fired, a pillar of ice cut off the enemy's advance. An explosion followed as both the projectile and the aircraft crashed into the freezing surface, putting an end to the chase. Soon after, a helicopter took the wrecked vehicle's place in the sky, hovering nearby as King Cold himself leaned out to examine the aftermath.

Taking a moment to appreciate the view, Ezra whistled as he observed the debris scattered around the King's construct. When he turned his attention back to the road, he saw that someone had lowered a ladder from the helicopter. Having no desire to keep playing chauffeur, he decided to accept his leader's generous offer, bringing the car to a stop and unfastening his seat belt.

Grabbing Titus, Ezra threw the man over his shoulder as he exited. His passenger may have been able to hold on to the wheel earlier, but climbing would probably be an issue. Rather than wait and watch the chubby cheat stumble, he decided that it would be easier to treat him like luggage again. It was much faster to transport cargo this way.

Before he could board the helicopter, Ezra still had to take care of the machine that had carried him so far. Reaching through the window, he pressed one of the buttons highlighted on the center console's touch panel, activating the autopilot system. Pulling back, he watched the window roll up as his noble steed drove away. One of his father's employees would be responsible for picking it up, so there was no need to worry about it any longer. With that out of the way, he could finally complete his delivery.

Approaching the ladder, Ezra raised Titus into the air and channeled his Potential, focusing on the hair he plucked from the man's balding head. As he did so, Titus began to levitate and slowly chase the missing strand in his coat pocket. This way, Ezra could easily climb with both arms. He wanted to move as quickly as possible, believing that the troupe might return for an encore. With the way things had been going so far, he half-expected them to emerge from the wreckage with an even larger weapon.

When he reached the ledge of the helicopter, he got a better look at the person accompanying the boss. She didn't look familiar, but that was to be expected. He'd only been around for a month, so he only knew a handful of Tigers. Because most of the members and their abilities were unknown to him, he normally avoided physical contact. The last thing he wanted was to get posioned or turned into a thrall because he shook someone's hand. However, he didn't think Markus would let someone with such a dangerous Potential handle his prized pig, so there was likely no harm in taking the offered hand.

"Thanks for the lift." Accepting the woman's help, he climbed into the helicopter with Titus in tow. Before the gambler's thinning hairline could reclaim its missing piece, Ezra grabbed him by the back of his shirt and canceled the restoration. Now that both of them had arrived, he turned to the one who called him here. This was the first time he'd been in the King's presence and it was a little different from what he expected. He thought he'd be taller.

"And thank you, Boss. Nice shot." Without a hint of fear, he thanked the lord of the West for his timely intervention. He doubted Markus actually cared about anyone's gratitude, so he quickly moved on to what was really important. Ezra set Titus down and extended his arm toward the guest of honor, putting him on display. "Your order, as promised." He probably wouldn't get a tip for his efforts, but seeing the King swat the annoying fly out of the sky was good enough.

Finally free from babysitting duty, Ezra took a seat across from the package and crossed his arms. He still had questions, but he'd leave it to the King to ask them. His mission was complete, so he'd enjoy a few seconds of rest before receiving his next order.

Rogue of the Night: Black Currant
In Scene: Isaiah ( Lucem Lucem )​

1645220988153.pngAs Isaiah pressed for more information about Swallowtail, he at least promised he’d let the Dragons handle anything dangerous.

He was also curious about the Dragon man that had been visiting Swallowtail and Angel.

Swallowtail was a sweet woman. Bright eyed and eager to please. She got along with almost everybody here. She’s got mid-length hair, mostly dark except the tips are purple. She also has really pretty purple eyes. I just want to know that she made it home safely. Silver knows where everyone is besides her right now.

Thinking back on the man, Black put their hands in their lap. “At first when the Dragon was here, he was quiet but never seemed like he meant any harm. We actually had an opportunity to talk during his first visit and at the time, he seemed sweet under the cold exterior. Could just tell after being here for so long… He was visiting Angel quite a bit but then Swallowtail seemed to get his attention. At some point, I can’t pinpoint, he started getting loud and I’ve seen a red mark on Swallowtail’s face. I think he slapped her. I don’t know if he got any more aggressive than that, but hitting the staff here is a big no… unless they’re with Raven.

They stopped for a breath, thinking. “If you want to know if he ever said anything strange, Raven’s probably a good one to ask. Her hearing is better than anyone’s in the building down to a mutter.

<<< Remember
>>> To Next Post

Last edited:
DIMITRI BELLARI
CS Link
SCENE:
Phoenixes Arc 1: Scene 3 [Day of Reckoning]
PARTICIPANTS:
Reika, Vulken, Dragons
Day of Reckoning

Now this was more like it! Training was one thing; this skirmish was starting to feel much more like something worth letting loose and talking about later. Maybe he could tell his fans he was attacked by dragons? They'd definitely eat that up, especially if he won and fended them off. Should he say something about how his fans inspired him? No, that was probably too much. Thinking about unnecessary things, a small smile broke on Dimitri's face as he heard Vulken laugh in the background, not letting it break his stride as he stabbed and slashed harder and faster with an elegance fitting a dancer. He almost felt bad for the strange child. Almost. It was their fault for shooting at him really; they can't blame him for what he does in return.

Suddenly a wave of something hit his senses, causing the redhead's pupils to sharply dilate in recognition of the enticing smell. His teeth were bared as he isolated the source; It was blood, lots of it. Vulken's? Reika turned her back on the enemy, and Dimitri slid in immediately to cover her blindspot. If they attacked, they would be met with a no longer smiling Dimitri as he took a defensive stance with rapier and claw. Reika took off; It was Vulken's blood being spilled, so they had to get him out of there. It was probably time to leave soon all things considered. Especially with the huge wave coming in. Wait....What? A wave? Gaze snapping to the current threat to his safety, Dimitri paled. Should he brace himself? Run? Seek cover? Grab Vulken first? It seemed he didn't have to decide, because a certain redheaded woman was charging at him without any indication she was slowing down. One look was all it took for Dimitri's eyes to go wide.

"Wait, are you about t-!"

Yup, knew it. Snatched away by his sponsor, Dimitri felt the ground leave him as they went over the side. "Goodbye Dragooooonnnnnnssssss~~" his fading away voice called out, before turning his attention to the rapidly approaching river below them. At least they didn't have to worry about breaking the water surface, it was already going to be enough of a hassle dealing with getting away. Hopefully Vulken could still swim, at least for a bit untill they got to him. He did jump, right? "I'm guessing make for land? Aye Aye Captain." He mused, moving to grapple and switch places with Reika so that he met the water first. Winking at his sponsor, Dimitri smiled.

"Can't let you have alllll the fun, can I? Hope it's not cold."

It was very cold.

<<< Remember
>>> To Next Post

CAIO SANTANA COELHO
PARTICIPANTS:
Sang-Cheol (@Misuteeku), Yuto (@Caffeine_Obsessed), Cop ( Taigakitt Taigakitt )
PUMP UP THE VOLUME

<<< Remember

Radio Silence. Of course. Dammit, life would be so much easier if she was an idiot.

He looked back to his gangmates. If nothing else Yuto was certainly allowing himself to be a distraction. Caio gave him a smirk not even bothering to correct him. Sang could do that for him. Still it would suck to have this be what they came into.

“Hey Boys as fun as being the boogyman might be without actual cover then we’re going to be the ones surrounded instead of the cops. Not all of them are pushovers and even being the bait it would fucking suck to wind up wounded from carelessness.”

He gave the car a solid kick aiming to knock Yuto off the roof. Without looking back he went to his phone texting their backup cars and members a simple “seige” to move on in avoiding blocking the entrances to the docks. Oh right there were some newbies… we’ll the best way to get used to codes was to used them.

“Alrighty boys, we have to get a move on. Hope you brought some weapons with range.”

He took a few strides to the nearest warehouse leaving the car in the center of the docks. With a swing he opened it halfway trying to leave some shadows of doubt for their positions and how many there were.

“Make a mess, make it look like we have plenty ready to jump at a moment's notice. If they’re more focused on the docks they won’t have time to look behind them when we have the others circle up.”

>>> To the Next Post

Rogue of the Night: Silver
In Scene: Kairong ( simj26 simj26 )​

1645293592992.pngSilver chuckled softly as Kairong worked with his phone, being patient as he stood. It did remind him…

Right. He left it in the office. He was also one that tended to leave his phone where he lays it, though he never had issue since his staff would bring it right back to him. His office was a safe place, and though he would like it on hand in case Swallowtail does contact him, he knew Black Currant would bring the phone to him if it rang.

I understand. I don’t really like keeping my phone on me at all times either. I’d prefer more face-to-face conversations myself.

Kairong’s statement about his children causing him to worry instead of the vice versa caused Silver to tilt his head the slightest bit, “I do hope they are well.” Silver couldn’t tell if Kairong was talking about his actual children or his Dragons. It seemed more reasonable to assume actual children.

When Kairong turned his phone around, his assumption seemed to prove true as the old man enthusiastically shared his family photos. “They look like they’re enjoying themselves,” Silver commented.

Silver shook his head as Kairong apologized, “Never apologize for letting your family take your attention away. You seem the type of man to prioritize them and I can respect that.

As Kairong asked about Swallowtail’s attitude, he thought for a moment. The thought of poison being used was also concerning.

He was unable to keep the concern from reaching his face, “She was as she always was, bright and upbeat. If poison was involved… Did the Dragons find her dead?” A little panic seeped into his voice.

Footsteps could be heard coming down the hall and towards them briskly.

<<< Remember
>>> To Next Post

Last edited:
RedRiding
PARTICIPANTS:
Lorrin ( @Pik ) Caomei ( @qingwa ) Omar ( @Vahn )
Placidity
<<< Remember

She couldn’t blame them for not taking the bait she was hardly making a great case for herself. Still, comparing them to Serpents drug pushing? A low giggle grew into a loud boisterous laughter.

“pftt-ha-hahHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHA YOU WOULD COMPARE US TO DISGUSTING DRUG PUSHERS?”

She took a glance at Lorrin’s extended hand and almost seemed to be contemplating his offer. Her breath hitched as she saw the panic of the crowd. Instead of acknowledging the offer, she spun on her heel throwing more knives into the crowd aiming for Vahn directly this time as he came closer in his approach. Unlike before where the wildly thrown knife seemed to have a chance of hitting civilians more than the pursuers these three knives were far more precise.

“You think you can offer me solace? When Dragons make their own rules? I'd leave with you.... and never return. Searching through that house won’t do anything. All this is your theatrics. The cobalt wolves are so much more than that house ever was.”

She grabbed her scythe once more throwing herself to the next roof as she headed towards the river. Her feet slammed onto another roof with a solid landing. She didn’t have time to keep playing anymore.

“SUCK IT YOU DIPSHITS.”

>>> To The Next Post

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back