• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Mythological Roleplay in Historic Japan

madlyhazel

ʕง•ᴥ•ʔง
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hello there! My name is madlyhazel, but most people call me mads or hazel. I'm honestly not all that particular! At the moment, I'm only looking for a very particular roleplay, which I'll explain the plot to a bit later. It's been a couple years since I last roleplayed, and with everything going on at the current point in time, I figured I'd jump back into it. Also, apologies for this grandeur-lacking post. Coding is not my forte, so most of my replies will look rather plain. If you'd like to format your post, however, go ahead!

About Me:
-I'm a 21-year old female living in the Rockies in the United States. I work part-time at a company that owns several museums, and I work mainly as an educator. I do suffer from a chronic illness that can pull me away at times, but don't let that dissuade you!
-I live in MST. I'm generally available Monday through Friday either 8-12 or 2-9, depending on which work schedule I'm given. Usually I'm busy all day Saturday and Sunday with DnD, but currently both days are open. I'll let you know when those start up again! Occasionally I can get pulled away by an event at the museum, getting wrangled into writing programs, or one of my very frequent doctor's appointments, but usually I'll have at least a little time in my day to write a reply.
-Following that, I generally reply a least once a day, and more often than not two or three times. I will always at least give three replies a week, though it should never get that sparse.
-I tend to write two to three paragraphs, but, inspiration granted, that can be doubled or tripled.
-I'm comfortable with darker themes and romance within the rules. Naturally no extreme gore or erotica, but fade to blacks are fine.
-I play both male, female, and nonbinary characters comfortably. However, I tend to really only be comfortable playing MxF pairings.

About You:
-I would prefer if you were 18+, but that's not necessary. Naturally, if you're underage, I will not participate in any romance leading to fade to blacks.
-If you're able to reply once a day, awesome! If not, I would like at least three replies a week.
-I would like you to match my writing, but, again, not necessary. One paragraph is required at minimum, and please no one-liners!
-You are comfortable with darker themes. I don't expect you to want to write things involving abuse and the like, but I believe difficult subjects can make for an interesting story.
-Not required, but OOC chatter in a separate PM is always welcome!

Now, onto the plot! This is in part from a roleplay years and years ago I never got to finish, and I've been craving resolution every since.

The setting is in Edo Japan, where shogun, daimyo, and samurai run rampant. A relatively young girl (Muse A) is the daughter of the head of a samurai clan. From a young age, she has been trained to use a wakizashi, though most of her education has been spent learning manners in court and becoming learned. Her father is the right-hand man to the shogun of their province, and as such he's often away on business trips. Unfortunately, on the rare occasion he's home, a rival shogun invades and sends his samurai to Muse A's estate. Her family is slaughtered, and her father is executed in the courtyard. Before she is captured, Muse A's brother leads her to a secret exit outside of the estate and tells her to run. He promises to come find her eventually, but he can't let these men get away with what they've done. With nowhere else to go, Muse A flees into the woods nearby.

After days of wandering and growing weaker, Muse A happens upon a small, dilapidated hut. As she wanders in, she finds bags of rice and quickly begins to devour what she can get her hands on. Her moment is quickly interrupted by a ball of fire nearly searing her kimono. A kitsune (Muse B) stands ahead of her, looking particularly grumpy at the home invasion. He urges Muse A to leave before he makes her, but she begs him to stay for just a little while. She has some coin to spare, if he'll just let her rest. Muse B has little interest in money and more interest in offerings, but he can see how the poor girl is starving and weak. He allows her to stay for the time being and retires to the his room.

Muse A is grateful for the hospitality, but she also recognizes what a powerful being a kitsune is. With a plan in mind, later that night she sneaks into his room. Digging within one of his tails, she retrieves his fox orb and awakens him. Naturally, the kitsune is mad, considering the fox orb is the source of his power. Muse A tells Muse B he can either join her and help her avenge her clan, or she'll destroy the orb. Not one to give in so easily, he tries to wrestle the orb back from her. In the chaos, Muse A does the only thing she can--she swallows the orb. Now with his power fused into her, Muse B has no choice but to follow her until he can figure out a way to separate the orb from her.

With a kitsune under her command, Muse A will lead Muse B on a journey of revenge. The two will travel Japan in search of those who can lead her to the shogun that killed her family, as well as for a powerful user of magic who can separate the two of them.

Now that we have that word vomit out of the way, this plot isn't set in stone. Certain aspects can be changed if they appeal to you. Nearly everything can be changed other than the need for revenge and the recruitment of the kitsune. Further, you do not have to know everything about Edo Japan. I won't be using historical locations or names for the most part--I simply wanted Edo Japan for the setting. Lastly, my preferred role is the kitsune, but I am comfortable with playing either. If you would rather play the kitsune, fine by me!

If you're finally at the end and any of this interests you, feel free to shoot me a PM or comment here. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back