• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Multiverse Chronicles [CLOSED]

Skylord Nexus

Dabbler in the Dark Arts
So basically this is a wild wacky multiverse adventure with magic, star trek style pseudoscience and star wars style battles, where the mood can swiftly change and allies can become enemies. With references around every corner, a wide variety of fun characters and vital lore ripped straight from other games/movies because: "Hey originalities dead". This will have lots of action and comedy with the characters being thrust from there respective universes and thrown into a world where they are completely outnumbered and lots of people will likely want them dead. I may also put in some 'puzzles' and I use the term lightly, more like scenarios which may have a slightly better/easier solution if you can work it out, as well as that the choices you make will very much have an effect on the state of the multiverse around you.

My aim for this RP is to create a role play in which the characters (that's you!) have as much free reign as possible, so you aren't stuck to a linear story where you can only really make certain choices, as such, while there is an overarching story the RP, the effect the characters have on it, as well as what actually happens will depend on the choices you make. One way I'm going to try to do this is by letting you guys decide what kind of place you want to go to, and making a story around that. For example, your friends are in a battle, you could help out in some way, or you could not take part and instead go on a separate adventure which might cause your friends to lose.

Onto the next topic, characters. Your character could be from any universe, whether from something like an anime, or even one you've made up yourself this can go onto explain what powers/abilities (if any) your character has.

Currently, I'm looking for a maximum number of 6 RPers to take part, but depending on the popularity that may be subject to change.

So if anyone's interested please say so!

If my explanation hasn't been enough to scare you off, here's a little trivia for you: This will be the 5th iteration of this RP after the previous four crashed and burned. Though since then I've learned a thing or two and am hoping this won't turn out the same!

P.S: If you have any suggestions for better names for this I would also be happy to hear them because I suck at naming things.

Character Sheets:

RP:

OOC:

Last edited:
Id be up for giving this a shot, if we are using Cannon characters first pick would likely be Emet-Selch (Final Fantasy XIV)
Will a Discord be used for communications at all? regarding a name maybe "Initial Plot Hook": Multiverse Chroinicles.

I'm up for it
YAY! What kind of character were you thinking of playing?

Id be up for giving this a shot, if we are using Cannon characters first pick would likely be Emet-Selch (Final Fantasy XIV)
Will a Discord be used for communications at all? regarding a name maybe "Initial Plot Hook": Multiverse Chroinicles.
I did a quick google search and i can find nothing about the man, so if you could enlighten me a little i would be very appreciative.
I don't plan for it to be at the moment, but if a majority of people want it i probably will.
Lastly, HOLY CRAP! You are the first person in three years to actually live me a suggestion for a name! For that you get a cookie.

YAY! What kind of character were you thinking of playing?
I'm thinking of using either Boki Lamira from Copy Kitty, or one of the CPUs from Neptunia. Although both of them pack a lot of power behind them, so if that's not okay then I can pick someone more mundane XD

I'm thinking of using either Boki Lamira from Copy Kitty, or one of the CPUs from Neptunia. Although both of them pack a lot of power behind them, so if that's not okay then I can pick someone more mundane XD
Both seem like fun and interesting choices. And powers no issue, the way I've always have it work is that in terms of there universe they're strong, but in terms of the multiverse as a whole, they're probably around average power level.

Both seem like fun and interesting choices. And powers no issue, the way I've always have it work is that in terms of there universe they're strong, but in terms of the multiverse as a whole, they're probably around average power level.
Ah, fair enough XD Well, since you've done this before, I'm gonna trust you know what you're doing. And do both, because why not

Ah, fair enough XD Well, since you've done this before, I'm gonna trust you know what you're doing. And do both, because why not
How bold of you to assume, XD jokes, i know what i'm doing... probably. I'd say maybe hold off on doing two for now, just until I can get a better idea of numbers

How bold of you to assume, XD jokes, i know what i'm doing... probably. I'd say maybe hold off on doing two for now, just until I can get a better idea of numbers
Fair enough. Alright, since I've already gone through the effort of making tables listing all of Boki's weapons for a previous RP that didn't work out, I'll go with her XD

LegoLad659 LegoLad659 PlusUltra PlusUltra
I've made a place for you to put character sheets, feel free to do them now, or you can wait a day or two and I'll put an example up when i can.

Emet Selch is the antagonist from the latest Final Fantasy XIV expansion, He's an old character whos had a few names (some of which are spoilers) but may also appear under Solus zos Galvus. Hes a bit hard to pin down personality-wise since that again is complicated/spoiler as you play through it to understand, though on surface hes cheerful, eccentric and talkative with a casual aloofness, sass and at times bored/condescending.

Ability wise he has his abilities from his race as well as some setting/character-specific stuff. In summary ageless character with creation/darkness magic as well as a high knowledge of magic/souls, a goal that is noble but involves conflict with the current world, does not view himself as evil.

A Friend once explained why he could do what he could casually/not care as this
"If your Puppy exploded into 14 mice would you care what happened to the mice? or would you want your puppy back"
in the characters own words? "I do not consider you to be truly alive ergo i will not be guilty of murder if i kill you"

Though will be playing a far more laid back version in this game in general so Chaotic Neutral at worst, True Neutral for most part.

PlusUltra PlusUltra
I actually really like that, especially since his personality and morals seem to be extremely similar to one of the important characters you'll meet.

His Goal in the game is to resurrect his race that sacrificed half their number to save the other, and then remaining half fell into a civil conflict with the method suggested to restore the lost ones. This ended in his world getting fractured into 14 shards, along with all his people with only a handful remaining whole, the method to restore his people is to trigger "calamities", pushing the balance of the worlds back to their primal elements at which point they return to the source world until all 14 are rejoined as one, which can then proceed to a method in restoring his people now everything is whole. Unfortunately these events destroy the other 13 worlds and cause near-apocalyptic events on the source world.

So yeah he wants to save his race/restore his home and people which involves the harm/destruction of you and your home/people etc.

Posted a CS, could go more in-depth on his abilities or they may just come out in the RP

I included everything I could think of XD The game has a lore database I can check with, so everything should be mostly right

Yeah issue with Final Fantasy XIV is finding it all in one place as well as the Boss fight has a few abilities that i instead just classified as "Darkness/Creation Magic". The Echo was the main one I just listed instead since it does a few things....but the two biggest is allows for a short term prediction of opponents, but mainly its a storytelling tool that allows the user to experience/relive the memories of individuals during strong emotions/feelings that bring back ties to those moments.

The gun is also something i could find little on given he uses it only once really but with his background its pretty much from a people that have no magic so they made super-science instead, its assumed to be something like an advanced Thompson Contender with specialized custom rounds.

Then again its a character who rarely actually fights in general so should be fine, the creation magic ill not go too crazy with for the most part....mainly since it was his races main claim to fame (you get access to it as a player in the game...but then you quickly figure out its nearly useless without the magical power to back it up but more importantly the level of creativity/imagination his race held....i think in the mission you barely make a squib with intense efforts. Its actually a funny plot point that leads to fun boss fights later as you try to recreate boss you beat before for a reason with a giant machine, but turns out you have a terrible memory IC and have fought that much stuff you kinda get it mixed up)

LegoLad659 LegoLad659 PlusUltra PlusUltra
Honestly, I love both of your characters and look forward to seeing them interact. And as I feel I have to say this, one of the first characters you meet is very similar to Emet in both personality and abilities, so I promise I haven't copied him XD.

Honestly curious who that is, if its a canon character from a series or simply an OC, though there is also the chance that the abilities are similar in name only. Regarding the Cat though she seems effectively the equivalent of a FFXIV Blue Mage so at least some point of reference there.

I'm doing some final touches on the weapon sheets, namely the percentage of energy each shot consumes based on their maximum ammo counts from the games (That'll be necessary for keeping better track of what she has left XD) If you want to see them once I'm done I can either link them to her CS or PM them to you directly, or you can keep what she can do a surprise :xFtongue:

PlusUltra PlusUltra
He’s an oc. And true, a lot of my statement comes from assumptions based off of what the abilities sound like.

LegoLad659 LegoLad659
I’d say pm it to me so I can use it against you I mean allow for a fun and exciting experience... yes, defiantly that XD

LegoLad659 LegoLad659
I’d say pm it to me so I can use it against you I mean allow for a fun and exciting experience... yes, defiantly that XD
Alright, I'll do that once I'm done XD Just so you know, it's not an exhaustive list of what Boki can do. I'll try to fit everything into one of the categories whenever I can reasonably do so, but I reserve the right to invent new Solo weapons for cases where I can't do that :xFtongue:

Alright, I'll do that once I'm done XD Just so you know, it's not an exhaustive list of what Boki can do. I'll try to fit everything into one of the categories whenever I can reasonably do so, but I reserve the right to invent new Solo weapons for cases where I can't do that :xFtongue:
Yeah no problem, no need to rush either, feel free to take your time.

Yeah the % seems a bit much for me, also since the character doesnt have a mana value in the game and his HP is absurd due to multiple phases best to keep it thematic in the RP instead.

Also only 2 people at the moment, so kinda need a few more. I suspect we are keeping people to 1 character per player? If not since Emet is a more serious/deep one despite surface personality i might think about a lighter one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back