• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Karcen

Ten Thousand Club
As you can guess this is an RP based on the MTG storyline currently going on. The plane of New phyrexia has managed to get forces upon Dominaria and are looking to compleate the plane and all that live upon it. Taking down this plane, the lynchpin of the multiverse can not be allowed to happen, So a call has been sent out. Using powerful artifact a new planar beacon has been created, though unlike the war of the spark it is a plea for help not a command to come. Now many planeswalkers from all over the multiverse have been gathered to save the plane and the multiverse so that the threat of Yawgmoth's legacy can once and for all be destroyed.

So that the set up long and short is you will play a planeswalker, you can be cannon or custom from cannon planes or custom planes. You can even make up your own races for long as they can have a spark they can become a planeswalker. i will give people a lot of freedoms in power as phyrexians are very powerful and numerous.

I am hoping to get 3 or 4 more people to start this and welcome anyone that wants to help me plot out some key events.

Hmmm… Not sure how I feel about the cannon characters allowed part, but I’ll think on that later. For now, some questions:
* What are the posting requirements? Length and pace. Are there any other particular rules besides that?
* What level of power should we aim for? While the phyrexian threat is adjustable to the guns we bring, that might be difficult if players have wildly disparate degrees of power, unless there is a particularly high degree of coordination here.
* I am very familiar with MTG lore of the last decade or so, but dominaria has a lot prior to that that I’m not as aware of. I imagine to roleplaying something like this with people who don’t know this lore very well would requiring taking a fair number of liberties, so what kind of strategy will you be taking in regards to that? Do you require knowledge to participate, will you be providing it, or will be more of a “artistic liberties” approach?
* Can players be phyrexian? Can players be dominaria natives?

I’ll leave it at those for now.

Hmmm… Not sure how I feel about the cannon characters allowed part, but I’ll think on that later. For now, some questions:
* What are the posting requirements? Length and pace. Are there any other particular rules besides that?
* What level of power should we aim for? While the phyrexian threat is adjustable to the guns we bring, that might be difficult if players have wildly disparate degrees of power, unless there is a particularly high degree of coordination here.
* I am very familiar with MTG lore of the last decade or so, but dominaria has a lot prior to that that I’m not as aware of. I imagine to roleplaying something like this with people who don’t know this lore very well would requiring taking a fair number of liberties, so what kind of strategy will you be taking in regards to that? Do you require knowledge to participate, will you be providing it, or will be more of a “artistic liberties” approach?
* Can players be phyrexian? Can players be dominaria natives?

I’ll leave it at those for now.

Okay in order

1 it's semi lit I guess so you just need to be understood. As far as length as much or as little as you need to get the point across. For pace I would say try fir at least once a week I plan a discord for easy ooc.

2 power level mostly try to keep it yo the main cast post mending walkers anywhere in that ballpark and around it os fine just no one like Nicol bolas.

3 planes walkers come from all walks of life and education isn't always a priority on the plane. So even native walkers can be ignorant of things and walkers from other places might know nothing of the history. So not knowing everything happening on the plane is fine it has been a bit since it was the focus and people can add factions here and there. So just a baseline if that knowledge is needed.

4 no phyraxains. As for natives yes the plane has plenty of walkers that's the main requirement all walkers.

Side note on no phyrexians that's because they only recently have learned to compleate planeswalkers so not many are. If you get caught in story and such ( mostly because you want it I won't force it) you can be compmeated

I see. The logistical aspects don’t really appeal to me, but I have been quite craving an MTG RP, so I’ll wait to see who else joins and come to a decision after seeing that.

PS: What I was trying to imply by natives was non-planeswalker natives. Sorry for the confusion. Either way though, I got my answer.

I see. The logistical aspects don’t really appeal to me, but I have been quite craving an MTG RP, so I’ll wait to see who else joins and come to a decision after seeing that.

PS: What I was trying to imply by natives was non-planeswalker natives. Sorry for the confusion. Either way though, I got my answer.
To much freedom in charscter creation?

To much freedom in charscter creation?

Nope. I do have an issue with the usage of cannon characters but what I meant was more about the posting requirements not being to my liking (I prefer the slower pace, longer posts kind of style). The character creation freedom is actually pretty appreciated.

Nope. I do have an issue with the usage of cannon characters but what I meant was more about the posting requirements not being to my liking (I prefer the slower pace, longer posts kind of style). The character creation freedom is actually pretty appreciated.
Ah yeah I'm not big on the take a month and required word count types. I figure a week and a paragraph or 2 is best fir minimum, but I'm not your high-school English teacher.

Ah yeah I'm not big on the take a month and required word count types. I figure a week and a paragraph or 2 is best fir minimum, but I'm not your high-school English teacher.

And that’s well and good. I’m not gonna sit here arguing over it either way, it just ain’t what fits best for me, so I’ll have to weigh that downside. In conclusion, as I mentioned, I’ll see who else joins and then make a decision as to whether I will.

I have more walker ideas than I know what to do with...But I will narrow it down!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back