• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Shame

A writer that has lost her words
1c8275938c834bbcae4fedc07a919f49.jpg

This world is so afraid of things that are different or unique. They persecute those that stand out and kill the things they fear. The supernatural live among the general population, but in secret for fear of their lives. Residing on Mt. Fukurou is a high school for those born differently. It masquerades as a school for the gifted, those I suppose that word has a double meaning.​

This is a reboot of a very unique roleplay that my good friend Comix started a few years ago. SpectrumCrow SpectrumCrow and I will Gm a roleplay that we hope will be different (and maybe better?) than any other fantasy high school you've been in before. It is an open world for you to explore with as many characters as you'd like. Get sick of one character? Have them graduate or move away and make another. You can interact with others whenever you want and not have to wait for a posting schedule. You can do one on ones within this roleplay or have a big group. You can have two different days going on between two different groups at the same time. Whenever you're on, you can post. There is no plot, really, but there will be a school wide event every once in a while voted by you!

Well, with the exception of gods and immortals, all species, even made up ones, are allowed as students or school staff. The neighboring town is completely (or mainly) human with no abilities. There is not a limit of how many characters someone can have as long as they can handle it. There will be a few NPC characters to help with day to day interactions.
Since it will be such a big roleplay, I would require that all posts include the setting and the people being interacted with.
I'd also like this to be a little detailed, so maybe a one paragraph minimum for posts.
Is there anything I did not mention that you have questions about?

Hmmmmm...
- How does this school work ? Is it like Hogward in Harry Potter, or that place in X-Men, where people learn on how to control and use their powers ?
- Guns and explosives and the likes allowed ?
- What do players do with the human-populated areas ?

- The school was founded by Gifteds for Gifteds. It allows kids to be themselves in a controlled environment. It teaches traditional subjects and also teaches students how to control and use their powers.
- No. It's a school. There are school organized sparring in training students to safely use their abilities, but no weapons allowed.
- Interact with them. The students can go to the neighboring town to go to shops and things until curfew. There are not allowed to expose themselves or the school's true purpose to humans, however.

The first two, I got it. But the third, I still don't really get it. Students are to interract with the human areas... but not allowed to expose themselves ?

They are not allowed to expose themselves as anything other than what the school is pretending they are: intellectually gifted humans. Non-humanoid students are only allowed off school grounds in disguise and students can't use their abilities around humans. So, they can go to town and interact with the normal humans so long as they pretend that they are normal humans, too.

Oh so there's disguise, got it.
This is gonna be so hard for my character as a blacksmith though, now that weapons aren't allowed. Damn.
And his main power is (literally) summoning weapons too. Like Erza (Fairy Tail), or Ten Ten (I think that's her name ? in Naruto).

Now, my interest has been piqued, but I've got to ask; what makes a Gifted--well gifted? I've come to interpret it as just any supernatural ability, but if that's incorrect--

I'm leaving gifted as open ended as I can. Generally, it just means possessing supernatural abilities. Also, mythical species like fairies, selkies, oni, etc, etc, etc. I would like to exclude gods and immortals, though.

I would love to have you all. I am still trying to get everything together, but I am hoping to have everything up by tomorrow night! I am also setting up a discord.

I'm leaving gifted as open ended as I can. Generally, it just means possessing supernatural abilities. Also, mythical species like fairies, selkies, oni, etc, etc, etc. I would like to exclude gods and immortals, though.
I still wonder if I can work with this. My character is good at making and summoning weapons in a fight. Can you help me think of some way to work this in the school ?

I still wonder if I can work with this. My character is good at making and summoning weapons in a fight. Can you help me think of some way to work this in the school ?
I'm not sure this ability would work well for this roleplay. Since the setting is a school and fighting is not very often, this ability would not be used often at all. I'm sure you'd want to be able to use your ability more, so I believe it may be best to either rework the ability or try something new.

I've got two characters I'd like to use, if that's cool! Teacher and a student, will this be on Discord or here?
Of course! You can have as many characters as you'd like so long as you believe you can handle them!
The roleplay will be on this site, but I am setting up an ooc server on discord.

Welp, such a shame. Designing weapons what I want my guy to be known for the most. I guess I'll take my leave. No hard feelings though.

Stating interest! I don't often do open-ended roleplays with a sandbox theme, so it would be neat to try something new ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back