• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Welcome to Moonbase Alpha.

The premise of the setting is based on an old 1970’s TV show, Space 1999. Never mind that the very basis of the show is not even remotely possible. Nevermind that writers like Issac Asimove wrote papers about the inaccuracies of the show. This will be an alternate timeline then has the moon blown not out of the solar system, but into another dimension where it will assume orbit around a counter Earth.

I will be retconning this timeline to be set in the year 2099, rather than 1999. We will be using original characters. The story will begin right after arrival around the new world.

I have included a link to a fandom site. This is largely to give people an idea of the size and comforts of the base. I am not going to follow it strictly.

Moonbase Alpha
Moonbase Alpha will arrive with a little over 300 humans. (350 is about as many as Alpha could support.) English is the common language of the base. The personnel may come from any NATO country.

Moonbase Beta
There is a second base with about 50 personnel. This is a research post and is highly classified.

Omega One
This is not a base. Classified. Only the Base Commander and Senior base personnel will be briefed. For now we can safely leave this location out of the RP.

Eagles
The designs are a bit out of date, but you get the idea. They were not designed for re-entry to Earth apparently. However, in the pilot episode they are used to visit a planet called Meta which is nicknamed Terra Nova. In short, very, very Earthlike. Oh well? If you look at the images, one has a re-entry glider. Anyone care to guess how they would ever replace it once used?

Sooo … we will be upgrading these to something more reallistic for 2099. Hypersonic, multiple re-entry capable, VTOL capable and about the size of SHIELD’s Zephyr One. There will be 28 of these, enough to evacuate the base.

Tellus
To be honest, I leave the naming of the world below them up to the group. Tellus happens to be the oldest name for our Earth, from ancient Roman. The new world is very much like our Earth was before industrialization. However, this is not a world of science. It is a world of fantasy. In this RP science and magic will clash.

I almost made the mistake of transforming the Moon from a lifeless orb into a lush paradise. But that would remove any reason to travel to the new world.

Characters
I am looking for certain senior roles to be filled.

Base Commander (I will probably take this one for the sake of continuity.)
Executive Officer (2nd in Command, must be science oriented as he oversaw research teams.)
Chief Engineer
Reconnaisance Section Chief (Senior Pilot in charge of the Eagles)
Chief Medical Officer
Security Chief

There is also:
Service Section Chief (Oversees Kitchen, Janitorial, and Laundry.) But this is hardly a critical role. But it is a senior position.

Non-senior positions could incluse senior research positions like Senior Botanist, Geologist, etc.

Posting
3rd Person Past Tense
Modest length (I aim for half a page to a page+, but quality is better than quantity.)

Links:

FAQ
Yes, the humans of Moonbase Alpha will be capable of learning magic. But they will have to start at ground zero. Most mages on Tellus won't take you as apprentices because of your ages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back