• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
In the Spoiler is the group version of the Plot. It is largely based on the movie Flash Gordon, but with a younger Emperor (looks like he's in his mid 20's). How the story begins is something for discussion. But I like of one of his ships being hijacked and ridden back to Mongo. Your character would be with that group - and catch the eye of the Emperor. Very staple for the genre. You could be just about anything. Cheerleader, reporter, prodigy lab geek, US marine, whatever.

A Map of Flash Gordon's planet Mongo
https://flashgordon.fandom.com/wiki/Mongo
While heavily inspired by the Flash Gordon comics and movies, this setting will be original. The characters will be original. Yes, there will be an Emperor, but his name is Rhand. The world will have a somewhat altered description as well.

Arrival of Mongo
Mongo will arrive in the year 2032 (about 10 years from now). It is a rogue planet that will seemingly appear in the solar system out of nowhere. It will be discovered by an orbital probe of the planet Mercury. Mongo will be a counter-Earth type planet, sharing the same orbit, but on the opposite side of the Sun.

Mongo
It is slightly smaller, but more dense. The gravity is slightly lower, about 0.98. It has two larger moons, and several small moons. Like the fictional planet of the comics, Mongo is inhabited by a wide variety of races. These races are always at odds with one another, bickering and feuding. Some curry favor with the Emperor. Some do not.

Some superscience will exist on Mongo. Can’t have a flying city without control of gravity. There will also be some paranormal abilities.

Note: I would like to use the races of Flash Gordon, but not the characters. In short, I want to replace them all with original characters. Yu are welcome to double up or even run the whole group.

Plot
Okay … not exactly realistic, but somehow I want to send a group of characters to Mongo. Whether the nations of Earth learn of the planet or its existence is a secret, I haven’t decided. But if it were known of, you can bet the rest of the world would be racing to Mongo. Just think of the potential resources - and ‘unclaimed’ territory.

Once there the group will likely be captured and brought to Rhand.

If we include missions from nations like the USA, Russia, China, etc, oboy. Then we start talking about diplomacy. Or maybe they will be treated as spies. Or maybe the Emperor lay claim to Earth as his to rule. Hmmm…

There’s an idea. I could have Rhand send ships to Earth to demand the unconditional surrender of every nation. Hijack one of his superscience ships and fly it back to Mongo. I kinda like that idea. It would require the right group too. Someone smart enough to make enough sense of the ship to override it. (Of course, the ship could also be cooperating and effectively kidnapping them. I REALLY like that idea too.)

Characters
I DO intend to run the Emperor. He will NOT be anything like Ming. But I may arrange a marriage.

I also plan to run a group of four characters about ages 24-25. I am still working through how they know one another, or if I can justify having them meet up for the RP.

As the story is a little on the epic side - after all it will have you face to face with the emperor, treated as spies by many, pawns to be used or traded by others, your character should have at least the potential for being a main character in a heroic story.

Posting
3rd Person, past tense
I am looking for posts of at least 3 decent paragraphs. Normally I go for a page+, but I am going to relax this requirement a bit. Quality over quantity.
We will use two PM threads - one for OOC, one for IC.

Contact me via PM.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back