• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom MHA: Shiketsu Academia (SA) IC

Characters
Here
Other
Here

ad91024e1e9404a37c2505399c849d34-db7n9sz.jpg

Riyo Shinoku- The Lotus Tennin
Ohayou Ruyo-san... were those even fucking words? Riyo was completely caught off guard by Johanna's lesser than american accent. God, it was somewhat unbearable, Riyo could barely understand the girl. Like jeez, country kids, but she wasn't bad, so the team player was gonna just deal with it.
"Of course he doesn't have a wolverine quirk, I was just saying, he looks like the superhero wolverine. With the hair and the muscles. It's a little uncanny," Riyo said looking the guy up and down pretty much in front of him. It's been over five seconds since Riyo last said something to him and he didn't answer yet. No. No time will be wasted. No time will be wasted as long as Riyo was on that team and she didn't care what was going to happen. She grabbed Hiro's arm and began to drag him. By the time she halfway out the door, Riyo noticed something off. She walked back in and realized,"ANKO SAMA. YOU'RE HERE." The girl's mind was exploding as she saw her inspiration right in front of her. Riyo almost lost all senses and fainted. Almost,"Ahem, I have to get on the bus now but I'll talk to you later! I got ranked first Anko samaaaaa," and with that, Riyo was out the door dragging wolverine with Johanna probably in toe.

(interactions: AkuTheWolfOkami AkuTheWolfOkami LordStuffofStuffinton LordStuffofStuffinton
(code by the wonderful Lindew Lindew )

Last edited:
Jasmine Setsuki

5b658c48796ebaf175c479981ce1b8bf.jpg
Jasmine was picking the thyme leaves from her head of verdant hair as she took an empty seat on the bus. Thyme had variety of properties, both medicinal and otherwise. It could be used as an antiseptic. It could treat fungal infections. Jasmine could even put it in the curry she planned on making for dinner after school was over. Therefore, the first year saw no point in wasting the perfectly fine herbs she’d grown for scent. She’d been collecting the sprigs in a jar when her gum-haired boy, who had chosen a seat on the other side of the aisle, spoke.

Lifting her eyes, she he returned his glance. The fact that he’d followed her, proved her hypothesis true. He was Yasu, their third member. “You seemed to be struggling with your hair in class so I made an assumption.”

There was no way for her to know the specifics of what ailed Yasu. She could only make an educated guess from the way he’d hid his hair in a hood and the struggled to remove the sticky substance. Picking another sprig, Jasmine stared at it as she considered how she should clarify.

“A bad hair day is any day you feel you need to hide your hair because its appearance doesn’t match doesn’t match normal standards. Color is irrelevant. It is the day you lack confidence in your appearance. ” For some reason, her words sounded colder than intended. More factual. It was like she didn’t know how to speak any other way. “…My hair is difficult to difficult to manage as well.”

Better.

It was probably because Yasu seemed nice and shy that she had an easier time admitting weakness. Watering. Sunlight. While the green pigment was the only noticeable difference from regular human hair, her locks did have plant-like properties that required regular showers. Elementary school hadn’t been kind to her hair either.

Jasmine paused, giving her nervous-looking teammate a considering look, before handing him the sprig of thyme in her hand. “A thyme stands for strength and courage. Thank you for joining us and I look forward to working with you.”

She gave Katherine a polite nod to indicate the same.

Unlike Yasu, who was similar to her in a way, Katherine seemed like a bright child. Full of confidence. Jasmine wondered if it was unnatural intelligence that allowed her into their grade. Or was it the other way? Did her quirk have something to do with her small stature?

She was surprised when Katherine called her considerate. Not many did. Jasmine was practical. She didn’t go out of her way to save people very often. A hero license to her just meant that she could use her quirk without government interference. A stepping stone towards her goals. Hence why she never considered herself a hero. If Jasmine were honest with herself, it made her a little happy. Being called ‘great’ as well. Flushing a bit at the memory, Jasmine glanced downward towards the jar in her lap continued to extract the thyme from her hair. Once all herbs were all gathered, she tightened the jar lid and placed it back in her backpack. Her notebook as well...since she no longer needed it.

Jasmine didn’t know their quirks or skills her teammates had yet. However, she concluded that they were nice classmates that deserved to be heroes. Therefore, even if she didn’t particularly care about the rankings, Jasmine decided that she would give the search and rescue exam her all.

Oslonaut Oslonaut
Idea Idea

Last edited:

Impulse

As he sat there, Jono recalled a time when sitting on the bus was a legitimate problem.

He was a child, no older than eight. Sitting on the bus for his first day back at school, Jono remembered playing with a little mechanical figurine. It was something his grandfather had given him. Jono was extremely close with his dad’s parent and had spent a tremendous amount of time with him. His grandfather was a gentle man, someone who used to spend hours laying on the floor with Jono and playing with his action figures. He always came around bearing gifts. The man would console Jono when he got sad. Every weekend they would go out to get Jono’s favorite dessert, a cake called Tres Leches - a Spanish delicacy.

Well, one-weekend Grandpa stopped coming around. He had a massive heart attack and died.

Jono never got to say goodbye, but he always had that little mechanical toy to remember him by. The first school year back without him was hard. Jono had done little more but hold the small item between his fingers before another child snatched it out of his hand with malicious intent. Turning around to see who it was, Jono was not 2330cccb6326567dea296098180dfe0a--anime-male-manga-anime.jpgsurprised to find that someone who routinely abused him at school was responsible for the snatching.

“What is this crap?” The child asked Jono, who had been reaching out in attempts to grab it.

“Give it back! My grandfather gave it to me! Please!” Jono pleaded. He could feel tears building up underneath his eyes, but fought them back. Even at that age, the quirkless young boy knew better than to show off sadness or fear. He did not want to feed into the behavior responsible for making him feel tormented. The other child laughed in response, pulling off one of the legs of the toy and inspecting it.

“Why do you even like this? It’s stupid. The thing doesn’t even work right. You’re so stupid, Jono.”

The bus came to a halt as it reached school.

Jono, of course, continued pleading for his toy back even after it was broken. In response, the child threw it at Jono’s face and got out of his seat, walking off of the bus with his friends and laughing. Jono sat there on the bus, trying his hardest to put the pieces back together - but it was snapped. There was no conceivable fix. Tears running from his eyes, the bus driver did a final scan on the bus before finding Jono sitting there late to class.

The bus driver spoke, kneeling down to Jono and placing his hand on the kid’s knee.

“Don’t worry. You can fix this. Everything is going to be okay.”

It’s okay…

Jono blinked. His hands had been grasping his knees once more. Arietty’s hand, wrapped around her sleeve, made its way over his. His head moved down from the upward position it held, eyes looking down at Arietty’s hand. Fuck. Had it been that noticeable? Jono placed his head against the back of the seat, closing his eyes while his head faced forward.

He took a deep breath in through his nostrils before exhaling slowly between slightly parted lips.

The day before had been absolutely catastrophic for the boy. Arriving in nation early in the morning, having no sleep and little time to set up. Barely finding his temporary housing before reading the map incorrectly. Every one of these small failures lead up to an absolutely humiliating miscommunication of information and location.

Day 1: David's Mistake!

Shooting out of bed, David grabbed the alarm clock and flung himself out of bed, landing face first on the floor with the time blinking in his eyes. David was late on the first day of Academy. He yanked his clothes on and snatched the map from the floor, bolting out the door without locking it. As he ran outside he took a few minutes to figure where he was and shot off down the road. The Map was reliable and accurate, David however, was not. Being both foreign to the language and locale, David asked for directions at the wrong moment. Instead of "Academy," David asked for a "School," which is inaccurate. An older woman directed him about five minutes drive away from where he was currently, and about twenty minutes away from where he was actually supposed to go.

You see, instead of being directed to Academy, the older woman believed him to be a father. Assuming he was supposed to register his child for schooling, she directed him to a children's school. The goliath sprinted down the back roads and cutting through parks and alleys, he believed he'd made it to the Academy on time.

He had not.

On entry to the school a further miscommunication occurred. "I'm here for class," was misinterpreted as "I'm here for my child." And so he was allowed into the school. Following the signs on the walls, David found a room that he believed was the Hero Course. Because the sign on the door said "Basic Quirk Education."

Of course becoming a hero would require a basic re-education on quirks. He thought to himself. This was plenty logical, and having a confusing day, something like this seemed to make perfect sense in light of current events. So he entered the room and saw an ocean of children, just slightly younger than those who would be attending the Academy.

And of course, this led to further misunderstanding. David figured that since these were Japanese students, they would of course look younger than his peers. In confusion and frustration, the Teacher commanded him to be seated at the back of the room. Saying specifically. "Class is in session, I will speak to you afterwards!" David nodded and moved to the back of the room, figuring he would be reprimanded for his tardiness. It would be an hour and a half of listening to preteens be educated on the basics of Quirk applications in the real world before the debilitating realization would creep up his spine.

I'm in the wrong class, aren't I? David's face began to flush bright red, sweat beaded on his brow and he began to shake. At the back of the room he spoke up to the teacher, instinctively raising his hand as he did so. "What about Academy?" His broken Japanese actually helped for once.

The teacher replied simply. "That's next year for these excellent students, when they graduate they'll move to Shiketsu Academy and continue their lessons there!" She said pridefully, casting her hands across the room with a happy gesture.

David swallowed hard and stood up, sweat still pouring from his brow. "Right." From the back of the room he beat a hasty retreat from the classroom, and bolted down the hallways like the devil possessed.

In his native language, David screamed vulgarities and reprimanded himself. "You are at the wrong school! You're in the wrong grade! You're an idiot!" By the time he made his slow walk home, David had already missed the bulk of the first day of school. He figured he could explain his situation the next day, so he went back home and back to bed for the day.

Day 2: David's Arrival!

The next day he didn't bother with directions, he pulled the map out and was out of the house hours earlier. Arriving at the bus stop at the proper time, paperwork for his transfer in hand.

The bus stop he'd arrived at was pretty out of the way, so nobody else was at the bus stop with the giant boy. Passers by gave him the usual uncomfortable looks, occasionally stopping to rest in the shade on their morning runs or take a seat. By the time the bus had arrived and brought him to school, students were already in homeroom and David had to head to the Principle's office.

Explaining his situation to the Principle and higher staff, David got a few laughs from the misadventures. With his paperwork finalized, David was told to head out to the buses.

The arrival of the buses for the trip was on cue with his finishing of paperwork, he left the office and headed down to the parking lot where they waited.

Students poured onto the buses, and David moved his way towards the door. Of course it was not designed for someone of his size, this was nothing unusual. He tucked his chin to his chest and stepped in the door, setting his entire weight down on the step. The entire bus shifted under his weight and his footing came unstuck, the seven something teenager slipped and fell face first into the standing bar of the bus. Smashing his face into the metal pole, both bludgeoning himself and denting the pole with the imprint of his own face. In his frantic falling he reached out and dug his fingers into the upholstery of the seats nearest the door, failing entirely to catch himself and instead committing more damage in the process.

Instead of picking himself up, David laid there for a moment. Stinging face turning a bright beet red as he laid on the floor of the bus, his hands moved away from the seats and set them on the floor.

Of course, why would today be any better? He thought.

c13cdcbbca498f739e98f98c33a3689d.jpg
Arietty

She wasn't sure what he was thinking about, but she could feel the emotions radiating off of him in waves. Jono didn't flinch away from her when her hand rested on top of his, that was a good sign. Arietty wasn't even concerned with the romantic (or lack thereof) part of their relationship, all she was focused on was his mood and making him feel at ease, and doing it in such a way that It didn't draw attention to him.

She felt him let out a deep breath and she matched it. She focused on her breathing, on her heart rate, slowing them manually. She did this often with him, even if he didn't pick up on it. Sometimes if Jono's anxiety wasn't too bad she could get him to match her and basically forcibly slow the rate of his heart and breathing, just because of his human tendency to match those around him. She gave his hand a soft reassuring squeeze.

He couldn't hide that from her, didn't he know that? She never had to touch him to read him. It wasn't about it being obvious, it was just about the fact that she knew him. It didn't matter how much she felt like she needed to protect him from herself either, he felt comforted by her presence and she wasn't sure how to feel about that after a lifetime of being an outsider. In the grand scheme of things Ari was nothing, but if she could make him feel better, even just a little, she would do whatever it took.

"Felix!" Ari asked attempting to fill the silence. "What do you think is gonna happen? What should we be prepared for?"

Brax Brax Castello Castello

Felix.PNG
Felix "Ninth Life"
Felix had listened to their quirks, they were not too hard to remember, but the feline was likely going to forget a couple details of Arietty's. Jono's was straight forward, he was basically a human switch and Felix did not think his quirk would be useful today unless the field trip took place somewhere with technology. However, if the setting was industrial, Felix would likely become the weakest link. While he was not useless in urban environments, it was places with trees and claw-friendly terrain he could climb where he really shined. Arietty on the other hand was notable for her ability of telekinesis. Her emotional capabilities were strong alright, but when it came to a rescue mission Felix was unsure of what she could do with it. In response to their comments about his fight, he gave them a quick nod of gratitude.

"Thanks! I gotta keep this momentum up, I can't have people catch up to me!"

It took a moment to register that Arietty had her hands on Jono's. He came to a very steep conclusion that these two had a past and he was the third-wheel in all of this. Felix had a list of conclusions, hoping that their relationship was an asset rather than a barrier in this mission. He could not resist the juvenile disgust from Arietty's PDA. Hand touching was another level of sick, he just hoped they would not take it a step further and hug each other... Or worse, kiss!

When Arietty asked him a question he was able to deter his mind from this, he was still confident in this team. It did not take him long to issue a response.

"Doesn't matter, I think, we got a good core with our quirks. You guys got good support so you leave all the physical stuff to me!" He said with a smirk. "Whatever it is, we're going to get 'er done efficiently, so you guys gotta watch my back and help me out when my quirk isn't enough. Rescuing is what my quirk is built for! I am like a swiss army knife of protection: a ladder, binoculars, and blade in one handsome package!" In all of this boasting, he would give the pair a good flash of the claws he kept retracted.

Maj Maj Brax Brax

MIKADO SARISClassroom
kalter.png
Discrimination, huh? Could be. It was odd that they got in trouble yet the loud-mouthed cat didn't. Whatever, wasn't like she was a stranger to getting in trouble or the double-standards found in people. So after her partner's grand flourish she followed after him, keeping only a few paces behind him as he lead the way. As he picked up his pace, so did she, always keeping stride with him. A small smirk tugged at her lips as she realized why the quick pace, seems like the American was in favor of her idea. However, before they could get that far Max stopped and grabbed her arm, asking her about her quirk. She offered no resistance, even as the boy pulled her closer. It wasn't until he was trying to drag them into some random hole that she began to offer up some meager resistance. But it was too late, and before she knew it they were ground-level outside the school with the buses not that far ahead.

She shook her head, teleporters really had it easy. Nevertheless she took off after him, this time coming up beside him. "My quirk's, like, a strength enhancer. Just makes me stronger 'n' all." She left it fairly vague. While she adored her quirk, she long learned it had it's exploitable drawbacks. Drawbacks she didn't need others knowing about. A girl's gotta have her secrets, right? After a short jaunt they reached the bus, however as they boarded her smirk quickly fled her face as she saw a trio of students already there. Even with Max's shortcut they hadn't been the first ones there. "Tch." She clicked her tongue in frustration before making her way to the back of the bus, falling down into the seat and throwing one leg over the other in agitation. "There goes that plan." She mumbled to herself and the nearby American. She wasn't the most graceful loser, to say the least. Even with minor things like this. Coming in second after deciding to be first simply never sat well with her. "We're totally winning whatever test they have." She turned a determined glare on the boy, this loss redoubling her desire to come out first on the test. Her tone, if not her expression, made it abundantly clear there was no room for discussion.

Bus
Interaction: _Line 213 _Line 213 (Max)

Mentions: Castello Castello (Felix) Maj Maj (Ari) Brax Brax (John)​

Hana Haven

Hana noted that another girl had also missed the first day and was also apologizing. She suddenly didn't feel so awkward. If she was the only one who was late, that would single her out from the start, but with company, less fingers would be pointed right at her. Instead of 'Hana was late', it would be 'students were late'. Relieved, she gave Akasuka a quick, grateful smile, before turning her attention back to Bang as her teacher started talking.

The attempts to scare her or threaten her were understood, but did not frighten Hana. In fact, They were spurring her on, and pumping her up. She didn't want an easier time. She wanted to be taken her limits, as only then could she expand them, and push past them. And a strict school where you're always one misstep away from punishment was perfect. That said, they weren't nasty or unfeeling about it. This wasn't a prison or a boot camp. Having Bang's hand placed on her head told her that this school wouldn't leave the 'love' out of 'ridiculously tough love'. If she did well, she'd get praised and rewarded. If she didn't, she'd be scolded and punished. In a way, it wasn't too different from her upbringing in France. Her mom was a rather stern woman, but never cruel. However, this was all complete conjecture. For all she knew, this school would actually be hell, and this one teacher was being polite on one occasion.

The trip was the described, though details were kept secret, which was worrying but also rather exciting. But then, Bang said something that affirmed to Hana that she had been right all along. Bang had called Hana a 'headcase', responding to her pun with a pun of his own. Hana couldn't keep the smile from her face and was glad that Bang was facing away from her at this moment. Hana was not fully fired up, feeling great about this, and ready to go on this trip and give her absolute best.

"Yes, Master Bang!"

When Hana turned to enter the bus, she immediately noticed that there was a face imprint on the handrail, and a very large student face-down on the floor, blocking the entrance to the bus. Hana cleared her throat in an impatient, European manner, but when he did not get up and allow her access to the bus, she muttered "Sacré bleu!", looked at the clear aisle of the bus past him, and then for an instant seemed to turn into a human shape made entirely of white light. An instant later, faster than an unblinking human could have observed even if they had been staring at her, she was now standing in the aisle. She turned away from David's prone form with something of an indignant manner.

Breathing slightly heavier and with signs of exertion showing on her face, she then proceeded to find a vacant seat and sit down, taking the time to look at the rest of the students on the bus. Her eyes went wide when she saw one student whom she actually recognised, and an old childhood friend. She stood up, facing Katharine, and waved with eyes glittering. "Kath!" She called out, "It's me! Hana-chan!"

Interacting with: Brax Brax (Bang), Idea Idea (Kath), L LeeRoy (David)

Mentions: Twenty-Fifth Baam Twenty-Fifth Baam (Akasuki)

Last edited:
Gaku
b5a0c05b6f8a2d5b9880ef7baaaea9a5-png.449094

Interactions
rennuelaw rennuelaw - Akane
Mentioned
Valefar Valefar - Yami
Brax Brax - Bang

Gaku sighed. Although many of his classmates had done as he expected, he couldn't spot anyone who gave away that they were paired with him and Akane. Mentally shrugging, Gaku placed his belongings in his bag, as Akane walked over to him. Then after Master Bang walked out, various other students followed behind, including Akane, who stopped at the door and called out, "Yami, Gaku come on."

Gaku quickly made sure his things were in his bag before standing and making his way over to Akane. As he did so, his mind began to wander as he wondered what the test would consist of. The only information he had was that it was search and rescue and that it was a team exercise. Would it be one group at a time? Would it be a race? Was it a test to get as many points as possible? Was there a shortened time limit? Were there hidden factors they wouldn't know about until afterwards?

Eventually, Gaku reached Akane and stood next to him, but by the time he reached the boy, his mind was already tuning everything out, as he stared off into the hallway.

Impulse
tumblr_p5fz3tnr2Y1qe959eo1_1280.jpg

Jono's hand turned underneath Arietty’s so that his palm was facing upwards. Then, looked over at Felix. He certainly was energetic. Was Felix always like this? It seemed rather exhausting. Jono didn’t even have the energy to pretend to match his levels of enthusiasm. Eyes studying the cat-like features of Felix's face, the teen brought his free hand up to his chin, briefly rubbing it between his thumb and index finger before he continued to answer Arietty’s question - looking away from Felix and down the bus at both a boy and girl making their way on. The very same two that Bang had tossed out due to their tardiness and entrances. Jono didn't watch them pass.

“Obstacles. They're going to try to trick us. Search and rescue… with Dark Side. There’s got to be traps and other things involved of a similar nature. Otherwise, this wouldn’t be interesting enough to be worth the field trip in the first place. I definitely can’t see Bang or Dark Side hiding a needle in a haystack and just telling us to go find it. What good would that even do without anything to hamper our forward progress?”

That was when a rather large gentleman took a step onto the bus. One thicc sir of the Israelite variety. Ohhhhh boi.

The weight of the bus shifted slightly, causing Jono to unexpectedly shift out of his seat. In response, Jono’s fingers wrapped around Arietty’s sleeved hand. The kid had not entirely fallen out; he was able to stomp down on his right foot at the perfect time, killing his forward momentum in the process. Had he not, the teen would have probably gone tumbling right into Felix’s lap. And that was definitely not a place that he wanted to be stuck in. No offense, kitty. It's not you, it's me.

Jono fixed his posture as he settled back into his seat properly. He looked over to the towering man at the front of the bus, rather concerned. Sure, the man had muscles on top of his muscles, but that fall could not have felt good. It probably hurt. It would have knocked out a normal man. The bus was still partially leaning over due to David’s positioning. He wanted to reach out to make sure the man was okay, but then he fixed himself. David had taken a few seats out in the process. Just how strong was this guy?

Not wanting to look like a fool and move to examine the strange… Was that a teacher? Jono had not heard of a man like this before working at Shiketsu as one of the professors. Was his quirk just his size and super strength? His body structure was not similar to the normal student but in a world full of strange and interesting quirks, it made complete sense that this behemoth of a man could be either a teacher or a student. Soon, the bus had leveled itself out so that it was straight.

The teen assumed the bus could continue driving because no one had come to get this hunkering man off. What was the weight limit on this thing? Was it one of those heavy-load types of buses? It must have been. It was hard to say what quirks that students would have and it certainly wasn’t an average academy. The only plausible option here was that something about the bus was specially equipped to handle special use-cases such as this.

“... So if Dark Side is the one calling the shots, that leaves us with Bang.”

Jono continued with his previous thought. He had been thinking about this before he opened his mouth and mentioned it to his two teammates.

“The old man is coming, but it's important to understand just why. Is it to overlook the class? Or will he be involved? He is the one who called out the teams, so I’m inclined to think he’s going to have a role to play in this. Just my two cents. If that's the case, we're going to have to figure out how to get past him.”

Xel Xel _Line 213 _Line 213 Maj Maj Castello Castello L LeeRoy

Last edited:
Yami Kawaguchi
弓美 川口

At this point, Yami supposed she shouldn’t be surprised if more students arrived.

Both the foreign boy and the Harajuku girl re-entered the room, although both in very different ways. The latter screamed teenage angst, and the former was about as stiff as a dry sponge. Yami almost expected to hear a robotic sound effect when he walked. She didn’t, to her dismay. He took the available seat next to her, making a point to keep his posture perfect and his face calm, yet she could hear him whisper, “Hey. Hey you.” Yami brought an index finger to her chest. Did he mean her?

“Lemme know when we can be fun again, I’m dyin’ over here.” She refrained from responding out of respect and fear for her two teachers, but she couldn’t help grinning. For someone who just had what she considered a near-death experience, he seemed to be feeling just fine. Yami would be a complete wreck if she were him. Hell, she might’ve just up and left the campus with no intention to come back. That was just her, though.

Clearly, someone didn’t think the kid was as funny as Yami did. A kunai knife whizzed past the foreigner and embedded itself in the wall behind him. Yami flinched, curling into a ball in her seat. It was too bad for her that her knees banged into her desk in the process. She let out a small whine, laying her head on the top of her desk to hide her expression of pain. Was that for almost laughing?

“My aim is off,” she heard Dark Side say. That was off? Yami already knew not to mess with her teachers, but she now made it a goal to never go near them again. Ever. “Ths bus is outside now. You have five minutes to get there..”

Yami didn’t hear the rest, not even English-boy’s rant. All she heard was “five minutes,” and now she was panicking. Time was never on her side. She couldn’t even play arcade games as a kid because the timers that many of them had filled her with dread. Yami didn’t even have a clock in her house. She knew she’d never stop looking at the time, never stop thinking about what she hadn’t done yet.

She rose from her seat at lightning speeds. “Yami, Gaku come on,” she heard. Bane- err, Akane as her handwriting told her- was already at the door by the time Master Bangerang left the room. Gaku was by his side quickly, but Yami sprinted. “Yeah! I’m he-”

“SHINOZAKI NANASHI!” So.. loud.. A lion-mutant, and clearly another student, continued, “It’s a pleasure to meet all of you!” They haven’t technically met yet, had they? “I hope we will get along! I am in your care!” Yami thought she sounded sweet, though. “I will do my best to contribute all that I am able!”

While Yami could’ve sworn her ears were going to start bleeding, she couldn’t help but appreciate the girl’s enthusiasm. Her speech almost, almost made her pumped, but she was still on a time crunch. With little thought of manners, she grabbed the hands of her teammates and led them outside, passing the lion-mutant with a small, “Hi! Bye!”

Yami made it outside, saw the bus in view, and let go of her teammates’ hands. “Sorry, sorry!” She bowed at a ninety-degree angle, her face bright from both running and embarrassment. “We’re here, though.” She paused to catch her breath and glanced over the area around her. Not too far from her, she saw Master Gang Gang dealing with two more students. More students, more names. Yami was in her own little personal hell, obviously.

Whatever they were saying, Yami couldn’t hear, but she watched as her teacher placed a hand on both of their heads. Oh my gosh, was he going to squeeze? Was he going to squeeze?! Yami shuffled closer, ready to intervene if she must. She wasn’t entirely sure what she’d do, especially since her teacher was absolutely horrifying and since she had no power here. Yet, she couldn’t just stand by and watch him kill two innocent students! What kind of hero-

“I understand.”

Oh, so he wasn’t going to kill them? Cool.

Yami could see Dark Side take her place next to the older man, but by the time she had begun to say something, she was already walking towards the entrance of the bus. She stopped yet again, seeing Goliath out of the corner of her eye. If she wasn’t whimpering before, she was now. She watched as he stepped towards the bus, and suddenly, she was more concerned than she was scared. Yami didn’t think he’d be able to fit inside, and it didn’t take long for her to discover she was right.

He tucked his chin into his chest and put one foot inside. The entire bus shifted. Yami started waving her arms around frantically, yet no words came out of her mouth. The students inside could’ve been on the floor at this point, no doubt about it. Were any of them hurt? Goliath definitely was. He smashed his face into the metal pole and imprinted his face on it. The man reached out and dug his fingers into the nearest seats but still failed to catch himself. He just laid there.

“Oh my gosh!” She cried out again. Yami rushed to his aid, next to the door, and even peeked inside for a moment to check on the other students. “Are you okay? Is anyone hurt?”

mentioned: Mikado / Xel Xel , Dark Side / AkuTheWolfOkami AkuTheWolfOkami , Master Bang / Brax Brax , Hana / Cyan Hide Cyan Hide , Akasuki / Twenty-Fifth Baam Twenty-Fifth Baam
interacted with: Max / _Line 213 _Line 213 , Akane / rennuelaw rennuelaw , Gaku / Webs Elk Webs Elk , Nanashi / simj26 simj26 , David (Goliath) / L LeeRoy , @ anyone on the bus

denpa_onna___erio_by_aknagyutacs-d67o4rq.png
Arietty
No matter how hard she tried, Arietty could not keep the heat from rising to her cheeks. They were...holding hands. This was a far stretch from the break up that had only happened a few weeks ago. He was probably just looking for comfort, familiarity, and she was more than happy to give that to him. No strings attached, they were friends before they dated, and if Ari had their way they would be friends long after too.

"Yeah, I fought Dark Side," Ari said agreeing with Jono. "She's fast, and has a lot more to her than first meets the eye." The blue haired girl thought back to what she had felt when they touched, searching for anything that might prove useful. Nothing did. "I don't think she will be fighting us directly, they made a point of saying that this would be an exercise for people whose quirks were suited for things other than combat. Even if she did, I doubt she will let me near her again or even so it wouldn't be as impactful. We need to be mindful of her quirk, we got to see a little of it during her fight with Yami."

Arietty was so focused on her conversation, and the feel of Jono's hand under hers that she didn't notice the huge behemoth of a man that started his way on the bus. She was totally off guard when the bus lurched forward with his weight, tossing her over. It caused her whole body weight to fall into Jono's. She caught herself on his chest with her free hand, not letting go of the hand that was currently holding his, he himself tightened around it to keep from falling. Luckily Jono's quick thinking had him brace his foot down and keep the pair from falling out of the seat.

Ari looked up in shock. That boy was giant! They had so many new students today she wondered if it could have been one of the newcomers, but she didn't know any fifteen-year-olds that looked like that. However, to be fair she hadn't known any 15-year-olds to look like Kath, or Johanna, or Felix either. Quirks really added variety to how people could look.

Not wanting to stare she quickly averted her eyes and realized she hadn't moved from her spot of leaning on Jono. She blushed and quickly sat back up, but she didn't move her hand.

'Lord Ari, don't hang all over the boy,' she chastised herself. 'Enjoy what you get.' She listened to Jono's explanation of Bang and she agreed. He had to have some other purpose.

"I don't know bang really well," Arietty began. "However, it seems unlikely he is going to just spectate. It just doesn't seem like his style. There were many students he didn't even to get to test yesterday you know? We saw yesterday he's not easy to get one over on, if we do have to face him we need to be smart about it. We aren't going to win if we are just fighting. I agree with Felix though, we have a good dynamic here, we just have to be smart. Good thing we have Jono for that," She said giving his shoulder a small playful nudge with her shoulder. "And Felix is going to be wonderful for speed and agility. I really think we have a good shot."

Interactions: Castello Castello (Felix) Brax Brax (Jono)
Mentions: L LeeRoy (David) AkuTheWolfOkami AkuTheWolfOkami (Dark Side) (Johanna) Brax Brax (Bang) Idea Idea (Kath) Valefar Valefar (Yami)

Last edited:
Akane

kassimxprincess_reader_a_poor_man_s_princess_by_hetaliagirl101-dacrhh1.png

Akira briefly glanced at the lion mutant and the teacher who had walked into the room, not sparing them much attention as waited for his teammates to come to him so they could go. In any other situation, he would have been polite but right now he just wanted to get on the bus to avoid getting Mr.Bang's bad side. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw the lion girl walk to the center of the class before Akane knew it the girl yelled, well more like roared, out her name and bowed. Akane's hands instantly reached up to cover his ears, him one of the closest to the girl and thus getting the worst of it. His ears were ringing and he was glaring at the girl a little, though it was barely noticeable his left eye was closed and his right was narrowed. Rubbing his ears, he finally stopped glaring and looked off at the board. It was almost funny how fast his mood took a 180. It only worsened when Max began speaking, prompting Akane to glare at him. Damn, he was glaring a lot today wasn't he and it wasn't even time for lunch yet.

Yet again, someone yelled which wasn't exactly easy on his already sensitive ears causing Akane to turn his glare onto Kath. In the back of his mind, he knew he was being a hypocrite for being annoyed at the yelling but the slight ringing in his ears prevented him from caring. Shaking his head, he flipped his hair and turned away. He glanced at Gaku when the blue-haired boy came to stand beside him but didn't say anything after seeing that boy's mind was elsewhere besides a simple "Hey" before beginning to scan the class for Yami.

He saw coming towards him and his blue-haired teammate but before he could get a word, the girl had grabbed his hand and pulled him and Gaku along with her. Keeping up with her wasn't hard, his legs being long enough that one of his steps were a good bit bigger than hers.

"Well hello there, Yami." He said once they got outside. Walking towards the entrance of the bus, Akane caught a glance of a man who looked like he could crush him easily moving to enter a bus and promptly failing, badly.

"Damn," Akane said cringing just a little before following after Yami to go help the large male. Crouching down beside him, he put a hand on his shoulder.

"Hey, you ok?" He asked, using his other hand to push a lock of hair behind his ear as he looked down at the male with worry clear in his eyes.

Interactions: Valefar Valefar Webs Elk Webs Elk L LeeRoy
Mentions: Idea Idea simj26 simj26 _Line 213 _Line 213

Last edited:
Gaku
b5a0c05b6f8a2d5b9880ef7baaaea9a5-png.449094

Interactions
rennuelaw rennuelaw - Akane
Valefar Valefar - Yami
simj26 simj26 - Nanashi
L LeeRoy - David
Mentioned
N/A
As Gaku snapped into reality, all he could see was red. A bit concerned at first, he let his eyes adjust and saw that a girl with red hair was pulling him out of the class, alongside Akane, This must be Yami...

As they passed by a lion girl, Gaku saw as Yami greeted her, so he nodded in greeting as well. Of course, Gaku didn't realize that the girl had just given an introduction due to zoning out but he saw no reason not to be nice. As they reached outside, the girl bowed and apologized. Of course, Gaku decided the polite thing to do would be to bow in return, "It's fine"

However, as he stood up alongside the girl, he looked around. It might have just been him, but it seemed like the class grew larger in size every scene change. And by looking around, it seemed like the class members got bigger as well as a giant of a student starte-- well... attempted to board the bus. As expected, it didn't end very well, resulting in the bus shifting, a face shaped dent in a pole, and the hulking male laying down, not moving. Following the lead of Akane and Yami, Gaku also went over to the scene, his left eyebrow arched for a few seconds. Gaku was concerned about many things, including whether the boy was alright and if the bus would survive a trip with the boy inside of it.

Blowing a strand of hair from his eyes, Gaku walked closer to Akane and Yami. He didn't expect there to be an emergency, but if there was one, he wanted to be close enough to help, although he wasn't sure what type of emergency it'd have to be for him to help. Staring at the bus, Gaku started running through possible scenarios in his head.

バング

Bang slowly turned over to Darth Sidious, small eyes staring into her own.

“You know what? You’re pretty talented, my child. But, you definitely didn’t get your sense of humor from me.” As though he had just told the funniest joke to mankind, Bang placed both hands on his chest and extended his torso fully upward. Leaning back slightly, he let out an extremely hearty and long laugh. The old man was one of those types of people who did not laugh often. When he did, it was usually ridiculously loud; as though he had been possessed by another entity with a much younger, deeper voice.

In addition to being an insufferable old man who laughed at his own jokes, Bang legitimately thought that every joke that escaped those wrinkly old lips was funny. A small pause ensued after the old man had finished laughing, with Bang clearing his throat and leaning forward in his usual posture. He watched as some more kids got onto the bus. Fuck, there were so many new kids. Bang didn’t know half of their names. When it came to the thirty-five-year-old man, Bang even questioned whether or not he was letting an actual creepy ass adult onto the bus with his kids. Well, that was a risk they were gonna have to take.

If they couldn’t stop the old creep they weren’t heroes anyway. The old man revelled in the silence before he decided to speak once more.

1DNBXEnXaiM.jpg
“All right, Dark Side. I’ve got one for you. This one’s a real kicker.” Bang cleared his throat once more, moving a hand to vigorously rub at his moustache before he continued on with the joke.

“All right. So, you’re American when you go into the bathroom and you’re American when you come out. But, do you know what you are while you’re in there?” Bang waited a moment, his face contorting slightly into some weird combination between his neutral expression and bursting at the seams with laughter. His face even grew partially red as he held back the air sitting in the back of his lungs.
c1e4f3662e0c0233f07eac1b5e8890cbed748429_hq.gif
“... European!”

UHHHH! HUH! OH, OHOH! OHOHOHOHOHO!

Once more, Bang let out a laugh that rivalled one of Morgan Freeman himself. Or would, if Morgan Freeman was an actual being in this universe who laughed and shit. That was when it happened; Goliath took a tumble. Poor ol’ Bane was the bane of his own existence. Bang instantaneously stopped laughing, peeking his head around the bus doors and looking inside at the mess. Oh. The old man did not rush in to help the big fella, nor did he make a fuss. Instead, he bent over further to grab one of the steps leading up onto the bus, which had been dented inward. By just grabbing it with his wrinkly old fingers, Bang was easily able to bend it back straight. The big man seemed to get up onto his feet just fine. Bang looked up at him.

“If it makes you feel better boy, I’ve got a tad bit of information for you. Did you know that the first French fries were not actually cooked in France? They were cooked in Greece.”

HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

With gusto, Bang watched as the rest of his students got onto the bus including Dark Side. While she might have been a master in her own right and a sensei at the academy, she would continue to be his student so long as he was alive. The old man loved each of his students, but none of them had a bond like he held with Darth Vader. That was his number one protege - even though she was more than adequate in multiple styles of martial arts. Bang placed a hand on the back of his surrogate daughter as she made her way up the stairs, much like he did every single time the two got onto public transportation together starting from the age of eight.

When Bang got onto the bus, the doors shut behind him and the class was off.

[class=img]
float:right;
display:inline-lock;
[/class]
[class=img1]
[/class]
[class=1word]
color:lightblue
[/class]
[class=imgtongue]
[/class]
[class=tongueword]
color:lightblue;
display: inline-block;
[/class]
[class=imgcry]
[/class]
[class=cryword]
[/class]

[class=Pic1] float:left; border-radius:75%; overflow:hidden; border:7px solid #b3b3ff; height:150px; width:150px; [/class] [class=Space] White-space:pre; text-align:center; [/class] [class=PC] [/class]

[div class=PC]
[div class=Pic1]token slime Panko.png[/div] [div class=Space][div class=Modename1]~Slimebender~[/div] Panko Amenouta[/div]

[div class="img img1"]infinite-stratos-laura-bodewig-girl-suit-wallpaper.jpg[/div][div class="img imgtongue" style="display:none"]View attachment 448660[/div][div class="img imgcry" style="display:none"]View attachment 447931[/div] "Oh my.." was the only reaction I could make to the comment of Master's testicles. What kind of student did such a thing? Surely one of those more rebellious-looking ones, in fact I would be surprised if the culprit was among those that got kicked out this morning (and nearly stabbed by Darky-chan, scary!). Thankfully I wouldn't have to worry about such a thing happening to me, for one because I was (probably) a female and two because I had even less spots to actually hit than a typical female. Not that getting punched was any fun. I'd rather get stabbed.

I found myself raising an eyebrow at Darky-chan's confession about her loss. It wasn't that odd that a teacher could loose, especially when holding back the way Darky-chan had to on account of both her current protection for her identity and the fact they were fighting first year students. But usually, Darky-chan was more proud of her students, there was something more uplifted when the students she helped to raised managed to overcome their masters. Now, however, there was instead a clear red line across her face. I took a moment of pause to be impressed when Darky-chan revealed that the real winner against Bang was some small child screaming her name from the top of the chair, so I assumed she probably had a powerful speed quirk. In no other format I could imagine such a child raising to what happen to be the #1 rankings. I would have to experiment with her quirk later of course, but this time not even those thoughts could get me to salivate (a lot), so I cleaned what little there was and moved my hand to pat the ninja teacher's back.

"Hahaha! You know what Darky-chan, I bet you didn't hear this since you were busy with the punishments and all, but there was this one student that had me just so confused. They like asked me why not every hero was jammed full of equipment and I was just taken completely aback, like wow kids these days won't be satisfied until they have their own personal nukes, but then this other kid Hinoshi explained to class about how heroes need reputation and to show off their quirks and how it's dangerous to have too many weapons lying around and laws bla bla bla... Except talked like a politian or something so I was so shocked I couldn't even give class for a couple minutes with him one-upping me like that. You never know what the new generation is gonna bring with them, can't fault me for not getting it every time." I chuckled a bit, hoped she understood what I meant and began making my way to the door, waving back. "I'll be heading out now! If I hurry I may still get to see whether that replacement is doing his job with my class. See you at the bus Darky-chan, Master!"

....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

By the buses, I returned to an unbelievable sight. Master Bang seemed to be up to something with two students I didn't see before, more tardy rebels, but more importantly....

"DARKY-CHAN IS SMILING!" Without thinking twice I flinged myself at my bestie, noting that the distance was a little to hard for me to reach, I extended my arms in an attempt to wrap them around her (before face-planting into the ground should I fail). After taking a moment to recover I faced her and smiled back, intensely. "Yay! What happened Master? I told you she looks super cute when she smiles! That's more like it! I don't know what got that out of you Darky-chan, but I love it!"

Master, however, seemed more preocupied with winning some competition about jokes at the moment. Still, given I bursted out laughing at his joke about the american in the bathroom turning into the European, maybe it wasn't such a bad thing. Was it a good joke? Well, I dunno, I didn't really get it, but the tone was just said in such a way that I couldn't but laugh with it coming from Master. It was just too good a sight. It was, until that sight began getting tilted backwards and I had to grab the ceiling of the bus to stay in place. I turned around, noticing the biggest student I had seen in a good while, except maybe that "Goliath" quirk one.

"Is he one of yours?" I cheekly inquired.

Interacting with: AkuTheWolfOkami AkuTheWolfOkami (Darky-chan!) Brax Brax (Master)
Mentions: Idea Idea (Kath) Xel Xel (gyaru) _Line 213 _Line 213 (Max) Cyan Hide Cyan Hide (Hana) Twenty-Fifth Baam Twenty-Fifth Baam (Akasuki) Maj Maj (Arietty) L LeeRoy (David)

[/div]

[script class=tongueword on=mouseenter]
hide img
show imgtongue
[/script]
[script class=cryword on=mouseenter]
hide img
show imgcry
[/script]
[script class=img on=mouseleave]
hide img
show img1
[/script]

[class=img]
float:right;
display:inline-lock;
[/class]
[class=img1]
[/class]
[class=1word]
color:lightblue
[/class]
[class=imgtongue]
[/class]
[class=tongueword]
[/class]
[class=imgcry]
[/class]
[class=cryword]
[/class]

[class=Pic1] float:left; border-radius:75%; overflow:hidden; border:7px solid #cc9900; height:150px; width:150px; [/class] [class=Space] White-space:pre; [/class] [class=PC] [/class]

[div class=PC]
[div class=Pic1]token Kath.png[/div] [div class=Space][div class=Modename1]Katharine-Corula Zweihild Von Kleinerheld[/div] ~Metric: Density~[/div]

[div class="img img1"]Jack Black.Assassin.full.2170863.png[/div][div class="img imgtongue" style="display:none"]View attachment 448660[/div][div class="img imgcry" style="display:none"]View attachment 447931[/div] Both of my teammates seemed like pretty nice people. I mean, they were so formal already, a sign of the well-raised. I bowed a little in response to Yasu's greeting, since we had to get to the bus. With both that pink haired boy and the plant-haired girl in front of me, it was surprising they didn't choose to sit together. Just a moment ago, they were so cheerfully discussing their respective head decorations, to the point when it even made me consider my own white hair. If anyone asked I'd tell them it had to do with my quirk, but the reality was a tad more severe. In fact, in a few years time it wasn't out of the question for me to go bald. I wasn't fully aware of the damage to the cells there, or whether it was only whatever was responsible for my hair coloring that died out or if whatever produced hair also did.

Now I was left with a dilema. Would there be any implications on which side I chose to sit on? I could sit next to the future owner of the chocolate factory or by the last remaining piece of the hanging gardens of Babylon. For better or for worse, however, such a choice was somewhat delayed by someone I knew, a french girl by the name of Hana pratically blinding me and other in the vicinity with her sudden flash of light and materlialization into the mid-bus (talk about cutting in the line), taking a seat and only THEN noticing my presence. Nonetheless I waved back in response to her greeting, seeing how she and I were friends from an early age, though among my friends from that time, she was one of the least aware of my real circumstances. She was a good friend, I didn't want to worry her more than necessary.

"Hi Hanna! That move just now was pretty brilliant! Hope everything is ok, good luck with the exercise!" I replied to her. I wasn't sure why she missed yesterday's exam (like half the class it seemed), but she sure seemed to be doing better. I turned back to my teammates, sighed and made up my mind about where to sit, sitting right next to the green girl, pulling myself into Jasmine's lap and crawling across it with a couple of "excuse me"'s thrown in for good measure while I was at it, though no amount of apologies could deny the red line across my face as I did that. Still, my choice was done now. She had been pretty nice and considerate earlier, whereas the pink boy ran on his own. Plus I didn't do that well with that sugary smell, it was too tempting. Nonetheless I nodded in response to Jasmine's short pep talk and glanced at Yasu while buckling up, a decision that proved pretty smart as the bus suddenly violently tilted. I would have worse than maybe inconvenienced Jasmine if I was buckled up, I might have straight up rolled all the way to Yasu's feet!

"Ow! What the heck was that? In any case, I've already introduced myself, and it seems we'll be working together. So, I have a question, which of us will be the leader? We're gonna need a chain of commenad for decisions on the fly, I think. I'd also like to hear a bit about your quirks, if you don't mind. Of course, I'll share about mine as well. Just so we're more or less informed and can work together."

Interacting with: Cyan Hide Cyan Hide (Hana) QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel (Jasmine) Oslonaut Oslonaut (Yasu)
Mentions: L LeeRoy

[/div]

[script class=tongueword on=mouseenter]
hide img
show imgtongue
[/script]
[script class=cryword on=mouseenter]
hide img
show imgcry
[/script]
[script class=img on=mouseleave]
hide img
show img1
[/script]

Jasmine ( QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel ) had really hit home with her words. Although Yasu wasn't sure whether she had intentionally meant to or not, he lowered his gaze to his lap a little defeated and simply listened as she explained herself. When she mentioned that her hair was just as difficult to manage as well, however, the timid young man tentatively cast a sideways glance in her direction. Was it really? That was, of course, when he saw her plucking a twig out of it. He smiled at her a bit, then quickly composed his expression in the fear that she might take the smile as an insult. When, really, he was just glad she could relate on some level. "Y-Yeah... mine sticks to things when it gets too hot. Wearing a hood was a stupid idea..."

It was only a brief moment after he'd said that when the green-haired female suddenly offered him the aforementioned twig. He blinked in surprise at the offer and the gesture. A thyme represented strength and courage... things he was not. His body visibly shrunk a bit at the words, and he was on the precipice of politely denying her offer because of it. She then went on to express her thankfulness for having him on her team and Katherine ( Idea Idea ) as well. Yasu still didn't have faith in his abilities, but... he figured it would have been rude to deny her thyme. Taking it, he offered her a polite nod before holding it in his lap between two of his delicate fingers and examining it further. Strength and courage...

There were various other voices and events happening around them, but Yasu kept his gaze fixated on the twig until Katherine addressed him and Jasmine. At the mention of a leader, Yasu instinctively shook his head and looked at Jasmine as if to say, 'her... right?'. When she asked what his quirk was, the hooded youth cleared his throat a little shyly. "Um..." The twig between his fingers was gently spun as he thought about the way he was going to explain it. "I manipulate sugar... mostly anything containing sugar that I touch. But I, um... usually carry around a peppermint cane that I can turn into something like a sword or small shield... that's about it." His hair was sticky, too, and he could remove it. But he didn't really care to share that. Or the fact that he could manipulate the sugar in his own body as well, at least not in detail considering it was such a rare occurrence these days (due to his tendency to faint).

"B-But... what about you two?" He inquired afterwards, glancing between them both.

anime_anime_girls_long_hair_black_hair_brown_eyes-20111.jpg!d

Dark Side

Her mini smile did not fade as she listened to Panko and Master Bang. The old man was beside himself, and it made her wonder how often did she really smile. It was probably not very often and when she did, it was usually because of these two. The entire joy of her world stood next to her - Master Bang and Panko. She was reminded of this as she walked up the stairs of the bus and Master Bang placed his hand on her back like he always had.

Izanami hadn't always been stoic, that was a learned characteristic she had developed by the demands of her life. The Oda family had always been obsessed with their desire to relive the glory of their ancestor, Oda Nobunaga. It was odd, and Izanami questioned if they were even descendants of him in her head, but it really didn't matter too much in that regard. What mattered is that her family wanted to relive that glory, but since conquering was out of the question they stuck to working with the government in espionage. This was passed down for a couple generations along with variants of their quirk. Oda Kenshin, Izanami's grandfather and current head of the clan, knew that eventually the clan would be handed to his grandchild. His son was primed to become head upon his death, and he had trained him well. He, unlike his daughter, was well versed socially and disguises and stealth was his forte.

What Oda Kenshin had not expected, was the woman his son married to retain a quirk similar to their own. He had not expected the quirk to blend together flawlessly in their child. He had not expected that child to be a prodigy in strategy. But it was a daughter. He loved his granddaughter, but he loved the clan more and he wasn't sure a woman could be head - so he made sure she was trained everyday since her childhood.

This didn't leave much room for social activities and led to a lack of social skills over the years, and was part of the reason those students from her parent's dojo jumped her. That was part of the reason Master Bang had to save her. Then - she still had her emotions in full swing, in full tears and sobs after he had come to her rescue. Over the years he had become sort of a father figure because he'd take her in for 'extra' training on the weekends in place of school. Her parents were delighted, and yes they did train for part of that time but...Master Bang did more than that. He'd take her to the candy store, an arcade, an amusement park, stuffed animal store whatever it was that little girls her age were supposed to like. He ensured she had a childhood and there was never a weekend (outside of weekends Bang was busy) that she didn't flash that dazzling smiles of her. Master Bang had been half the reason she never turned to the ....wait for it..DARK SIDE.

As she grew older she smiled less, even around Master Bang. She had been hardened but it was no way for Master Bang to tell what, but he assumed it had something to do with her family. Even after she went to Yuei they still kept in contact, she still trained under him. Yet after her graduation, something different had become of her.

She glanced out the window of the bus watching the scenery go by. It wasnt' too far out where they were going, a good chunk of woods that she had requested be evacuated and restricted for Hero activities. She had visited there earlier to prepare for their tests, but now as they drew closer she yawned.

The bus would come to a stop, and she'd be the first off waiting for the children to get on the ground and the teachers. When they were she'd begin to speak,"Being a hero, means preparing to your best of ability with what restrictions you have. You all didn't know each other, most of you at least. You don't know exactly what the test is going to be, and you don't know how you will work in your teams. But a good hero does what they can, with what they can. Today you will be on a hybrid mission of search and rescue, and hostage training. Amenouta-sama will be the hostage. Master Bang, will be the villain holding her hostage. Calypso-sensei will be here to ensure no one gets hurt, which shouldn't be a problem too much today. I will be evaluating your performance from the shadows. You will go in your teams, starting 5 minutes apart from each other. Your performance evaluation will be based on how you handle any obstacles, how long it takes you to even find the hostage, and your ability to best take care of the villain to ensure the safety of the hostage. Remember, even as heroes, sometimes the best approach to a situation is to avoid detection and combat altogether. The winning team, that is the team who is actually able to extract the hostage will get bonus points, but everyone will be evaluated on their entire performance. So just because you WIN doesn't mean you get the highest score. "

She looked over the students, not really caring if they paid attention or not, or interrupted her. If they didn't hear her, that was their loss not her's,"Another part of being a hero is even though you planned so well, and prepared so greatly, sometimes things just change in the blink of an eye. That being said, here are the teams for the test. Team 1 - Shinozaki, Shinoku, Kawaguchi. Team 2- Tsukino, Shimiru, Setsuki. Team 3- Yamashita, Werks, Von Zweheiheld. Team 4- Mizoto, Saris, Betancourt. Team 5- Tora, Swanson, .....Katharine , Hisakawa. Team 6 - Mayou, Koenig, Haven, Yamaha." she stopped and sighed, wondering if Shiketsu had just become more of an international academy than anything. Was attendance suffering that bad?

She looked over the students once more,"It should take about ten minutes for Bang-dono and Amenouta-sama to get in to place. The first team going is Team 2, so you have about ten minutes to get ready to head into the woods."

Interactions : EVERY FUCKING ONE

Last edited:
Jasmine Setsuki

5b658c48796ebaf175c479981ce1b8bf.jpg
On the Bus.

Sugar?

Fascinating. Plants produced glucose. Even the human body had a certain amount of sugar circulating their system in order to function in a healthy manner. Free manipulation of anything that contained sugar could be quite useful…though if Yasu only used his quirk to turn a peppermint cane into a sword or shield, Jasmine assumed there were limits to his quirk.

Releasing her grip on the backrest in front of her, Jasmine straightened herself after the bus had given a sudden lurch. A quick glance showed that a large student had entered bus and somehow ruined a bit of the upholstery. Bang’s laughter was heard. Some students offered their assistance. However, Jasmine simply looked back at her teammates. They were still talking after all.

“My hair stores any plant DNA that I’ve ingested. I can use that DNA to re-create the plant through my hair follicles or cross it with other DNA I’ve recently ingested to make…mandrakes seeds.”

She refused to call them monsters.

“However, the cost of maintaining the mandrakes is my vitality.”

Vitality.

The capacity to survive. The power to live or grow. That was how her father defined it when she, and her family, had still been learning about her quirk. She’d let her mandrake live too long. Her hair withered. Her skin withered. She’d even lost consciousness. It was obvious that she was dying. Mom had been the one who figured out the source of her ailment and saved her…by killing her little friend. Since then, her mother had been against her making mandrake seeds. It was her father, and the other doctors, that made it possible to utilize her quirk.

Vitality restores.

Well, at least, it did for her.

Through various testing, Jasmine discovered what her limit was. She learned to cut off the source of the drain at the first sign of wither. Practice made perfect. In Jasmine’s case, understanding her quirk had been necessary— especially since planned to graduate from UA like her parents.

Plans don’t always work out the way you want them to.

“Currently, I can only maintain a weak mandrake for 15 minutes, an average mandrake for 10 minutes, and a strong mandrake for 5 minutes. Any more than that and the vitality loss will start to affect my health. ”

Telling her fellow classmates her weaknesses might prove to be disadvantageous should she ever be pitted against them for an exam or something. However, not telling them could also prove equally dangerous, if not more so.

“I don’t plan on going beyond my limits.” It was the height of irrationality in Jasmine’s mind—letting her own quirk consume her. Not to mention a detriment to the team. She’d be more a hindrance then an asset in that case. “…but if something does happen, I have a C02 inhaler in my backpack to deal with the effects...”

Somewhat.

The longer the exam lasted, the greater the risk to her, and the more seeds she’d have to burn through. It wasn’t as if Jasmine had that many seeds on her in the first place. She hadn’t come prepared for an exam on her first day. Making a seed during the exam was possible, but Jasmine didn’t know what sort of mandrake would result. She had no notes on it. It was a gamble…whether the mandrake would be useful to her or not. And Jasmine didn’t like gambles…especially when the cost was her maintain her mandrakes was her own vitality.

She pretended not see Yasu’s glance in her direction when Katherine mentioned leader. Standing out in such a manner was one of the last things she wanted. She looked to Katherine.

“Leadership requires charisma, I think…”

Idea Idea
Oslonaut Oslonaut

Off the Bus

Not that any of that any of that would matter once they got off the bus. Kazama-sensei liked surprising her students it would seem. Nodding a farewell and good luck at Katherine and Yasu, Jasmine pulled out her notebook, crossed out TEAM 5, and wrote TEAM 2 in large letters. Ten minutes to find her teammates. Ten minutes to prepare.

Shimiru stood out the most—since his green hair was the same color as her own. The other…also stood out. Definitely a popular one given his looks. Jasmine glanced downward.

“My name is Jasmine Setsuki. I make mandrakes that drain my vitality by ingesting DNA...”

Repeating all she’d told Katherine and Yasu was just too tiring. Hopefully they were paying attention to other students while on the bus. If not…more time would be wasted. Kazama-sensei said 3 things would be graded—obstacles, hostage, and ensuring the safety of the hostage. Jasmine didn’t believe defeating Bang was possible…so their best bet would be to avoid the fight altogether as the teacher stated.

Then again, that depended on the quirks of her teammates. From the chattering of the former Team 4, it would seem that Arietty had managed to incapacitate a teacher...so who knows? She'd given Yasu a thyme hoping to encourage him when she herself also lacked in the courage and strength department. It was a bit hypocritical of her.

rennuelaw rennuelaw
takki takki

Last edited:

Impulse22.jpg
When the bus finally stopped, Jono opened his eyes.

He had fallen asleep on the way to the forest. Jono often fell asleep while riding in cars so this wasn’t exactly out of the ordinary. For some reason, nearly every time he sat down for extended periods of time during travel, he passed out. The young man stood up, removing his hand from underneath Arietty’s to rub his eyes and look around. He waited for the portion of the bus closer to the door to exit before he followed suit. When Jono finally walked off the bus, he took a few steps forward and stopped. Then he stretched out slightly by reaching his hands up high into the air. This was followed by Jono continuing to walk around the small crowd of students before he could get a good view of Bang, Dark Side, Calypso, and Panko.

All right. Each team would have to avoid obstacles, check. Panko was the hostage, check. Bang was going to be the villain keeping her captive, check. Jono was hitting all of the marks and had properly assumed what the assignment would be just by logical deduction. Not that it meant anything or lead to any meaningful planning, but it was nice to know the beast he would be up against. What Jono didn’t expect was for each team to practically go simultaneously. Getting the highest score provided the true winners, not necessarily collecting the hostage safe and sound. Jono was really going to have to put everything he had onto the table in order to properly succeed.

Things can change in the blink of an eye; well, Jono’s eyes widened as Dark Side announced the new teams. He briefly looked over at Ari, disappointed. That was a hit he was going to have to take, even though Jono was well aware of Ari’s quirk and how to properly utilize it. He took solace in that; not that he didn't believe she would utilize it herself. Now, instead, he was stuck with Johanna - which was fine, considering Johanna was quick and a lot like Felix in her capabilities. However, the other member of the team that was mentioned went unknown by Jono.

Izanami kinda fucked Jono’s shit up right here a bit. Now he had to adapt.

Eyes searched the crowd for Johanna before finally settling on her form. He wondered if she was as worried as he was; though, he didn’t remember what team she had been paired with originally. Part of it was probably because of his low attention span, knowing Jono he didn’t pay attention well enough to other people's teams in the first place. After worrying about being partnered with Arietty for the past hour, Jono had to quickly switch up his thought process and focus on just how to get through the challenge his new team would face ahead.

The forest was lush and seemingly primitive. Jono wondered how much time Izanami and Bang stood out here formulating their plans, setting up obstacles and preparing for the challenge. Trees of various sizes swayed with the wind, the floor littered with leaves. Underneath the compost, and in some cases overhead, thick roots took up residence in the Earth’s soil. The smell of fresh air was almost overwhelming in comparison to the urban cityscape that Jono was used to.

It made Jono consider to make it a point to come out into nature more often.

Walking up to Johanna’s side with a small smirk, Jono placed his open left hand over his closed right fist. He faced forward toward the forest without saying a word. Johanna withheld similar motivations to Jono; she was out to prove herself. Jono didn’t have to experience the culture shock and deal with the same type of adversity, but their end goal was very much similar. As a result of his quirk, Jono was constantly battling to prove himself worthy. That was something he had done his whole life, even before his quirk manifested.

Maj Maj AkuTheWolfOkami AkuTheWolfOkami Xel Xel Castello Castello

Akane

848e592cf62fcd066bd296fc122be9f5.jpg

On Bus:

On bus, Akane had decided to sit down in the back of the bus and pull out the phone. He was still slightly ticked off and when he was ticked off he wasn't exactly the most pleasant person to be around. He pulled his hair over his shoulder so he wasn't laying back on it and proceeded to cross his legs and look out the window. After a good ten minutes, Akane finally reaching into his pocket and pulled out his phone. Unlocking it, he wondered what to do for a moment before opening the messenger and pressing the contact with the name 'Ren'.

He had met the man about a week ago. He was just about to do his evening jog when the man had come up to flirt with him. Akane, having been in a particularly good mood that day, had decided to flirt right back. He was handsome and didn't seem that much older than him so Akane didn't see anything wrong with it. The conversation they had was interesting though it never did serious or too personal considering Akane did deflect some question he didn't want to answer. Frankly, considering how much he dodged some questions, he didn't know why he had given the man his number or how he had gotten him but he decided not to think about it.

"Hey, what's up. " His fingers moved swiftly as he wrote the next, not paying any sort of attention o his surroundings at the moment. Pressing send, he proceeded to play a mobile game until he, his classmates and teachers reached their destination

Off the bus:

Getting out of the bus, Akane looks out at the forest before turning his attention to Dark Side when the woman began speaking. He listened to her words carefully and nodded when appropriate. Going up against Mister Bang wasn't exactly high up on his list of things to do but he didn't complain, he wanted to improve his rank and if going up against the old man was what he had to do, he would do it. He was kind of happy they would be going first but first he had to find his teammates which weren't as hard as he initially. He put his hand out for a handshake and smiles at the green haired girl who had come up to him and introduced herself as Jasmine, his teammate.

"I'm Akane, it's a pleasure to meet you. That's an interesting quirk you have. I absorb kinetic energy from hits and redirect it, effectively making me stronger and stronger with every hit." He said, a pleasant smile on his face now that he was in a better mood than before.

Interactions: QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel - Jasmine & Ren[kinda]
Mentions: Brax Brax AkuTheWolfOkami AkuTheWolfOkami

ab4af4ba8e5ee15165920083931c0309 edit.jpgArietty
As Jono fell asleep on the bus ride Arietty finally relaxed. It was really hard to think straight when he was holding her hand...erm sleeve? It conflicted her more than she cared to admit. She wasn't going to worry about that now, there was too much to worry about as it was. Today she was going to prove to herself that she could do more than she thought, today she was going to give it all. Damn that voice in her head that told her otherwise.

The girl took a deep breath and relaxed into the seat, enjoying the feel of Jono's company and the music coming through her headphones as she gazed at the scenery through the window.

When he woke, Jono removed his hand and sleepily rubbed his eyes. Ari was a little relieved for the lack of contact. It was time to focus, not to dwell on her ex-boyfriend. She followed the rest of the class off the bus and stepped out into the woodland.

It was beautiful, Ari loved the outdoors. Her idea of a perfect afternoon was a blanket in a quiet meadow, coffee, smokes and a really good book. She breathed deeply. This was gonna rock, she wasn't going to let it go any other way. The upbeat attitude was really unlike her, but she was enjoying the way it felt.

Then Dark Side announced the team changes. Ari did her best to hide her disappointment, she had really been looking forward to working with Jono, but a hero had to always be prepared. It would do her good to work with people who she didn't trust as much. It would force her to be more honest about her quirk if her teammates didn't understand it the way he did. Arietty was excited that she got to keep Felix, who seemed super sweet and he already knew what her powers were. Who else...Kath! Ari really liked Kath, this could have gone way worse for her. At the end of the day, this team dynamic could end up being just as good, if not better.

"Come on!" Ari said to Felix, running up to meet Kath. "Let me introduce you to Kiki!" The blue hair girl ran over to her new friend and smiled warmly.

"Kiki meet Felix, Felix meet Kiki!" She took a breath, she wasn't going to be thrown off guard, she wasn't going to let the negative feelings in. Today was a day for success.

"This..." Ari said smiling at both of them. "Is gonna be great." It didn't matter that she had fear and worry gnawing at her insides. She didn't have to show it, she didn't have to entertain it. The girl wasn't sure where all this positive energy was coming from, it wasn't like she was touching anyone for a feeling transfer, but Ari was going to hold on to it as long as she could.

'Fake it till you make it' She thought 'Don't worry about anything but doing your best.'

Interactions: Idea Idea (Kiki) Castello Castello (Felix)
Mentions: Brax Brax (Jono) AkuTheWolfOkami AkuTheWolfOkami (Dark Side)

3064510_1352155621306.53res_334_481 (1).jpgCalypso

Allison had slipped on the bus with the rest of the students and had sat with the rest of the teachers. She didn't speak much to the other teachers, her mind was tied up elsewhere. As much as she tried to keep the day and all the sadness that came with it at bay, it did make her think more. Anyone who wasn't super close to her wouldn't notice though.

She was excited about the evening, in fact, she hoped these tests went smoothly and without too much incident. Allison was hoping to have enough time to go home, put on a sleek dress, and do her best to drop the jaw of a certain old friend of hers. Calypso sent him a text from the bus to pass the time.

"Can't wait for tonight. <3" simple, elegant, to the point.

She was one of the first people off the bus, sitting near the front, she filed off with everyone else, standing next to Panko. Allison had always liked Panko, they are both women of science, and they spent many days discussing different theories during lunch. Calypso respected the woman's work and thought highly of her.

She listened as Kazama spoke about the tests, the woman had a way of commanding a crowd, she was grateful that she was leading the day's events. She would be needed less during this exercise than most.

"I'll be just on the edge of the woods" Allison chimed in. "If anyone needs assistance come to find me, or do your best to let me know if you are unable to get back here. Good luck children" Allie said cheerily.

Interactions: class
Menitons: AkuTheWolfOkami AkuTheWolfOkami (Dark Side) (Sonic Boom) Idea Idea (Panko)

• 766911bb35d9af0e2cf9dd83446762e138934d15_hq.jpg
    Stepping outside of the bus, Yuu wasn't even a little bit scared at the upcoming hostage rescue test, considering the fact that Master Bang would be the villain, and his team would be the first one to go. He was pumped up. The trees were tall enough for him to swing on, and he can do it quietly. That way, he can sneak from above, try to get Slimebender-sensei while someone would be distracting Master Bang, and go for the win. At least, that's what could happen if this school was just an ordinary hero academy, and teachers are more forgiving. He knew that this test would be hard, and at least one of them would be going home with injuries. He approached Akane, one of his classmates, and a green-haired girl, whose name is probably Setsuki.

“My name is Jasmine Setsuki. I make mandrakes that drain my vitality by ingesting DNA...” Her quirk drains her life force...? He contemplated out of conern. Well, if she's still alive for 15 years with her quirk, then that would be okay.

"I'm Akane, it's a pleasure to meet you. That's an interesting quirk you have. I absorb kinetic energy from hits and redirect it, effectively making me stronger and stronger with every hit." An offense-type quirk. Perfect. He thought. If he can absorb Bang's punches, and he'd try to land a direct hit at him with his own power, it would be amazing.

"Call me Yuu!" He said, putting his fist on his chest with playful smile on his face. Yuuta continued, "I can produce wires from all over my body, but for now, I can only produce them on the tips of my fingers using a little gadget of mine, since I'm having a hard time controlling my quirk." He put out his gadget from his pocket, and attached each claw on his hand, with the circular wire regulator on the back of his hand. They only have 10 minutes left to prepare themselves. "And so, lets form our strategy." He said, not trying to waste any more time.

Interactions: QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel - Jasmine, rennuelaw rennuelaw - Akane
    Mentions: Idea Idea - Slimebender, Brax Brax - Master Bang

Users who are viewing this thread

Back