• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Keesipip looked at Silver silently for a few long seconds. Mulling over in her mind what was being asked and how she should respond. As she opened her mouth to speak, she stepped started to walk to a spot behind Silver. Her steps were purposefully high and her footfalls were timed with her speech for emphasis. It was like the she-cat wanted to pace while she got her thoughts out but also knew she could only walk so far. So she compensated with long, slow, and high steps.

”Wellll… the two-legs you know, the humans, are still wherever you last saw them. But you’re not there anymore, you’re in a completely different place. Soooow, I think the best way for you to get a good grip on the situation is to do to you what Trin did to me. Because you are still trying to find a frame of reference that matches your home world, and it’s keeping you from truly seeing the new reality...Sorry in advance.” Keesipip meowed as carefully as she could. Her tempo slow and unsteady. The gray she-cat walked a couple paces away from Silver while she was talking but before she finished she had looped back and was standing behind the newcomer. With an awkward, nervous smile Keesipip shoved Silver with her entire body. Intending to push both her and herself through the portal in front of them.

On the other side of which laid a completely new world for Silver. One that would immediately accost her with a cacophony of new sounds, sensations, and images she‘d probably never even imagined. Out the shattered windows of the destroyed apartment the portal led to were skyscrapers that stretched off into the distance. With moving images projected by massive jumbo-tron billboards attached to their sides. Advertising all manners of celebrities and goods. And the apartment itself was occupied by cats and some animals Silver might recognize, but different. They wore clothes like two-legs, they smelled of artificial scents, and their pelts were well kept. Even the floor would be alien to her. Made of carpet that hugged your pads instead of any natural material you’d find in the wilderness on Earth. And that was before you took note of the truly alien looking aliens in the room. The ones that confused your eyes when you looked at them or seemed to casually break the laws of physics with their liquid bodies that magically held the perfect shape of a cat; while also somehow not making their clothes or the floor around them wet.

”You aren’t anywhere near where you came from Silver.” Keesipip stated both as bluntly and empathetically as she could.

The God-ring enforcer Morrigan walked up to adopted an uncomfortable smile, and leaned an inch away from her when she sniffed him. His eyes shifting between her and one of his colleagues.

”I’m a Mia’Moray ma’am.” The purple male said. He had a head similar to a red panda but with larger ears that sat parallel to the ground. A body not very different than that of a cat. And then a long, wide tail kind of like a beaver’s but with fur. His Lavender fur also had a subtle striping pattern to it, like a red panda’s. Beyond his physiology he wore a properly sized military vest with a gray digital camo. A blue insignia on the back denoting his affiliation to god-ring.

”Can I help you?” He asked, cocking his head.

Trin stared agape into the void before shaking his head when Liz spoke to him.

”Huh?” The red eyed tom meowed, looking to her with an expression showing that he was a bit overwhelmed.

“God-ring is… God-ring is…” Trin tried to answer but kept trailing off. His mind distracted as he switched between looking at the damage done to the apartment, all of his dead friends and variants on the floor, and the video feed being broadcast from one of the drones that was swapping between all of them.

”DAD!” A voice shouted. One that immediately got all of Trin’s attention. His head swiveled to the direction of the shout and through the massive portal in the room he could see a lilac she-cat sprinting towards from the other side. Coming from what looked to be a medbay aboard a spaceship.

“Purple!” Trin cheered, turning and taking a few steps towards her before the blur of purple fur slammed into him at full speed. The two of them crashing to the ground. Before Trin could even finished gasping at the air that was just shoved from his lungs, Purple wrapped her forelegs around him and nuzzled into his neck.

”I’m so glad you’re okay!” The youngling exclaimed, holding her dad like he’d fly away. Trin returned the hug once he caught his breath.

”I thought you’d got hurt. I was so worried.” Trin muttered into the fur on her shoulder.

“Mmmnnn. I’m okay... B-but auntie’s not.“ Purple said, still hugging her dad.

”What?”

“She got hurt really bad. Her, Sppee, and Milky haven’t gotten up. Suh-Saraphina too, but she’s in the pod.” Purple informed as best as she could without removing her muzzle from Trin’s neck.

As Hunter walked through the portal, his eyes immediately caught the frantic waving of his sister from across the “room” on the other side of the portal. The two siblings spotting one another instantly.

The rest of the group’s survivor, or at least those that could stand on their own, looked through the portal curiously. Giving their own gestures of greeting and attention.

PIM, in Fye’s body, hurriedly walked through the portal from the med bay back into the destroyed apartment.

”Oh my god I’m glad you guys are okay.” She said in a voice that wasn’t her own. Her artificial eyes scanned over the apartment, taking inventory of the two newcomers as well as everyone who had gone to return the kittens to their homes.

”Where’s Filament?” PIM asked, a very subtle tinge of franticness in her voice. With Fil on the other side of the kitchen island, he was out of her view.

”Did something happen?” PIM asked, her eyes flicking from Nyx to Thistle to Hunter, and even Silver. The AI was clearly trying to keep her cool but was also desperate for an answer.

"Well, we returned our little hitchhikers to their own dimension... And we picked up three more on our way back." Thistle points to Silver, Lizeth and Morrigan with is tail. "The better question is: what in the deepest pit of Helheim happened here!? Is everyone alright? Who's still alive?" He knows PIM herself is alright in this.... new body but he can't help the worried look he gives her. Them? The young tom leans to one side to peer around the AI and through the portal.

Lethe looks up when the portal opens but he doesn't move to stand. He just flicks his ears, unused to the weight of the hearing aids. The Ashuli tom keeps his quiet vigil between Callista and Cucumber Milk.

Returning to the top of the stairs, Thrush scans the living space below. The large portal is new and..... there! She spies a splash of purple. "Lilla!" She rushes down the stairs and to the violet sheline. When she sees the girl hugging her father, Thrush slams on the brakes and skids to a halt before the duo. Instead of embracing Purple and making her relief known like she intended to, she does not dare break up their hug. She quickly swipes the back of a paw across her face, getting rid of any evidence of tears. "Mæra in tivar!" she breathes, "Praise the Gods, you're alive! Where are the other kittens? Are they okay?"

Silver listened to Keesipip intently. As she spoke, more questions buzzed in her mind. Questions to be unspoken, however, as the she-cat suddenly shoved her aside. "What--!?" she yelped, too perplexed to come up with anything else to exclaim. When she got to her feet, Keesipip was talking again. But somehow, she was somewhere else...again. The shock of the transition caused Silver to grip the carpet with her claws, her tail slightly puffed and her ears pulled back as she stared at the new environment with wide eyes. What kind of cats are these?? she thought.

Silver's gaze slowly met Keesipip's. "Yeah, but...," Silver stuttered, "The people, are they here too...?" Silver's eyes locked on the especially strange-looking animals (cats?) that looked real-but-not-real.

Purple pulled her head away from Trin’s neck after several seconds. Looking over at Thrush.

”Um. Bailey’s okay, and Rum’s okay. Jass too. Italia’s gone though. St-streaks not taking it well.” She answered Thrush shakily while Trin rubbed her back.

Keesipip looked around the apartment aghast.

”No. No people here.” She answered Silver without looking at her. There was far too much to look at instead of the white sheline. Most of the room were cats, or at least aliens that closely resemble cats. But there some notable exceptions. Including the nabramblekin. The planet’s local police force and indigenous population resembled humans but were markedly shorter, and had animal ears and tails. No two nabramblekin in the room had the same types of ears and tails as another. Some had canid features while others had cervid or felid ones. All brightly colored to match their hair and very large eyes.

”I’m sorry, give me a minute to figure out what’s going on.” Keesipip said, padding into the med-bay.

PIM in Fye’s body nodded along to what Thistle was saying with quick, rapid head movements.

”Uh-huh, uh-huh, where’s Filament?” PIM asked, completely ignoring the tom’s questions. Her tone was desperate but even tinged with anger, as if PIM was angry at Thistle for not somehow conjuring up Filament’s expect gps location the instant she first asked.

“Every Trin and Italia are dead and Crimson‘s going to die.” PIM answered bluntly before brushing past Thistle roughly. Big, thick, webbed, aquatic, blue-scaled paws leading her over to the kitchen. Large purple eyes locked on to Filament.

“Filament. Oh I’m so… oh… Fil…” PIM, in Fye‘s voice, at first sighed in relief but soon realized what had the tom’s attention. As lightly as she could she started to tip-toe over to him.

”I am so sorry. Truly.“ PIM whispered, coming up behind the tom.

"Oh, okay...," Silver responded, taking a seat where she was standing and wrapping her tail snuggly around herself. No people? Silver thought. She wondered what that was like. Where she was from (apparently), people controlled everything. They were responsible for roads and the monsters that ran on them. Hrududil? She couldn't remember what they were called from all the dimension hopping and new information. Was it more peaceful here without the people? Who would give her a little scratch from time to time?

Silver looked around but stayed put. In all honesty, she really wasn't looking at anything but rather moving her eyes around. All the new information was still a bit much and it felt safer to be scanning for danger without actually looking at anything in particular. Plus, she didn't want to be caught staring. Some of the animals here looked odd. It finally settled in for her that some of them were wearing clothes like humans, which Silver found a bit silly. Wasn't that uncomfortable?

"God ring....hm interesting" Morrígan asked before replying to Thistle "I prefer the term stowaway" as a joking tone left her. Watching as chaos ensued the idea that someone had attacked troubled The Morrígan as she began to look for ways to help the other cats.

"I'm glad you're okay, sweetie. I... uh...." Thrush sits down with a heavy thump, staring at the charred crater that used to be Milky's living room. "Oh, Italia..." she whimpers.

"Every Trin?? And Italia? Damn it!" Thistle growls, stomping a paw in frustration. "No matter what we do it seems someone is always one step ahead of us." There are two suspects for who could be behind this. The more obvious being Undertaker. But, given the violent confrontation aboard the party ship, it could be Red.

A low, continuous growl emanates from within the she-wolf's chest. Her heart weeps for the loss of Italia but also burns with a newfound rage and lust for vengeance. "Please let me be the one to kill him." The demoness whispers to Trin, "I will make him suffer for what he did. He will wish for the sweet release of death when I get my claws on him."

Flame lets go of Streak and the tom bolts immediately. His small legs carrying across the room, across the vast devestation inside it. Without thinking about it, the young tom jumps back through the portal into the medbay and disappears from view.
With a heavy sigh the orange tom flops onto his hindpaws, rubbing his forehead with a paw. Speed was okay at least. Slowly he rises back to his paws, taking a good look around the room before sneezing. The world had stopped spinning at least. He is soon joined by another orange cat, lighter in her fur color and she rests her head on his shoulder.

"I'm glad you're okay, Dad." She'd mutter to him and soon they are in the middle of having a hushed conversation.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Lizeth shrugs her shoulders, looking around the apartment in awe. Even in its destroyed state it resembled nothing she'd ever seen before. What catches her eyes the most is the kitchen, even if its so foreign that she's only able to identify what it is by the old smell of food there.
She wants to ask what every little thing in the room does but she stays silent as her compatriots share ruins and worried mews. Beneath her paws is a strange sensation, something soft and plush and it reminds her a bit of a pelted carpet. Slowly her eyes move to the surface beneath her paws and she just kind of stares at it. It's scorched and bits of viscera lay atop it in places but it's not like anything she's ever felt before.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Filament stares at who he thinks is Fye, his lip quivering. "I-I- why was she..." His voice trails off and tears run down his cheeks as he tears his gaze from his mother's head, turning and looking directly into the eyes of this stranger. Who under different circumstances would be a wonder to behold.

"Deceit told me she wouldn't let this happen." The tom's voice cracks, the tom looking like he's about to fall apart. "She promised." He chokes out, the tears falling freely now.

"Where's Pim?" He mewls, his voice on the edge of a sob.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back