• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

TheBlackLion

Guardian Spirit of the Sky
Long ago, there was a land called Maracia. It was the monolith of the ancient universe, unparalleled in power and might. The planet, which was fueled by a mysterious and seemingly boundless energy core, was home to many creatures who had learned to harness its power. Its inhabitants were diverse, from different tribes and species, but they all shared one thing: they were all Maracians.

Though the seven tribes were autonomous, they were allied together under the champion called forth from the Heart of Maracia, the source of the land's power: the Golden Wings. In times of duress and strife, the Golden Wings would lead the High Council and all of Maracia under a united front. Together, they were an impregnable force and defense—no one who dared trespass upon their lands succeeded. And when Maracia had it in its mind to attack, their armies were terrifying.

However, all empires come to end at some point. Maracia faced an opponent with merit, and the Golden Wings was slain. No one knows quite how it happened, or who was the perpetrator—history has become unclear—but their enemies advanced through their defenses and laid waste to the land. Resources were stolen and lives were lost. They could have recovered, perhaps, but the Heart had received a fatal blow. The Golden Wings didn't return. Thrown into discord and heavily weakened, Maracia was crippled, and soon faded into near oblivion, kept alive in legend alone.

latest
Maracia didn't die entirely, however. Some people left Maracia, scattering through the cosmos, but most of Maracia retreated within themselves, protected still by the barriers that shrouded their planet. Rumors of their defeat were exaggerated and disseminated, which did wonders to keep them hidden. The seven tribes, however, soon stopped interacting with one another, throwing around blame for the war. They even went as far as to fight from time to time, furthering their schism. Maracia lived, but as a shadow as what it once was.

Centuries upon centuries later, something strange happened. The Heart, wounded and weakened, finally regained enough power to choose a new champion. The Golden Wings was reborn—though by way of Maracian blood that was outside the confines of Maracia. The new Golden Wings was given a fractured and sickly Maracia to restore, and though quite a few people were stirred by the mantle's return, many were jaded and uncooperative, especially to an outsider.

So the new Golden Wings, Dyna Gavan, got creative. To persuade the tribes to cooperate and learn unity once more, she invited teens and young adults from each of the tribes to stay at her castle for a time, in order to force interaction. Hope for change lay in the newest generation, not yet swallowed by opinion and prejudice.

The coerced/chosen ambassadors will spend a few weeks under the watchful gaze of the Golden Wings, susceptible to Dyna's whim—as she will be trying everything in her power, from rooming assignments to mandatory group activities, to get these kids to get along. Hopefully, nobody gets killed before that happens. And maybe, just maybe, harmony and trust in the land of Maracia can be reborn anew.

The roleplay will be centered around the youngins from the tribes moving to the dusty luscious palace in Maracia's once-upon-a-time capital, the city of Simul, which is now a run-down hub of vagabonds and outcasts. (Any kids living in Simul, who are most likely hybrids, will be welcome as well.) The kids invited will be given incentive, a "favor" from the Golden Wings to be cashed in at some appointed time. (She'll be vague about the details.) They'll be plenty of ulterior motives from the participants, to be sure, whether they are getting paid/forced by their tribe to scout out the state of things, or whether they just wanted an excuse to leave their home. Maybe they really want that favor. Who knows!

The events will play out like a fantasy summer camp—if that camp was made up of peoples that have historically disliked each other and the camp counselor is a stressed warrior Queen who is unusual in her tactics.

The idea is that this rp will act as something as a Part 1, leading to a more action/adventure/mystery Part 2, where these guys (or some of them, at least) will actually come to work together to recover missing pieces of their planet and, in the process, come face to face with the mystery of Maracia's fall. This part is some fun drama, and hopefully will serve for some subtle world-building. I will lay down some core-lore, but throughout the play I am open to meta-play when it comes to the histories and cultures and whatnot.

As for the tribes... I will have this detailed in the lore section, but for the sake of the interest thread, this is what you have to look forward to: the Ignis, a fire-wielding volcano people with a penchant for punching first and asking questions second; the Aquala, a regal and disinterested underwater mer-people who would rather focus on innovating themselves than asking petty questions; the Elfis, a self-confident light-based people who love petty questions and innovation; the Terrae, a simple race of animal shifters who wish to live harmoniously and not bothered with the rest of the world; the Draconia, a split up race of dragon shifters more concerned with being the biggest and the baddest in the aftermath; the Caelus, a winged people who value peace but are also quite competitive; and the Tentai, an energy-based people who barely interact with Maracia, but rather explore the cosmos and watch. Again, more details later, and individuals don't need to follow these badly summarized ideals, but yeah.

[EDIT] Here is the link to the Lore Thread for addition information: (it will be updated as I go, and may be incomplete)

Feel free to ask questions. :3

Last edited:
I am interested! Is it possible to make two characters?

I'm interested, but I have two somewhat similar questions.

1. What do you mean when you say the Tentai are energy-based? Are we talking about people who look like the Unbidden from Stellaris or just regular-looking people with an affinity with energy?
2. With the Elfis too, are they humanoids made out of light or are they just have an affinity with light?

I'm interested, but I have two somewhat similar questions.

1. What do you mean when you say the Tentai are energy-based? Are we talking about people who look like the Unbidden from Stellaris or just regular-looking people with an affinity with energy?
2. With the Elfis too, are they humanoids made out of light or are they just have an affinity with light?

Good questions! I will post all the tribe details in the morning, but in short:

1. The Tentai do not have physical forms, but rather are essentially floating energy orbs. They do, however, have a physical appearance they choose in youth that can interact with the real world--a solidified illusion, if you will. But they are not organic.

2. The Elfis look like elves. They are organic humanoids and behave accordingly, but they do draw their strength from light (Sunlight/Moonlight). Theirs is more of an affinity.

I have posted the Lore Thread! It'll be updated as I go, but in the meantime, here it is!

animegirl20 animegirl20 Hello! Yes, that would be fine! Since the tribes don't officially interact much anymore, hybrids often live on their own in the city of Simul where the palace is. Depending on who the mix is, they might still be living in the Aquala tribe, because they're not as militant, but will most likely be snooty about it.

animegirl20 animegirl20 Hello! Yes, that would be fine! Since the tribes don't officially interact much anymore, hybrids often live on their own in the city of Simul where the palace is. Depending on who the mix is, they might still be living in the Aquala tribe, because they're not as militant, but will most likely be snooty about it.
Awesome! Sounds good.

Hey guys! The CS is now up for those who want to get started. I have also put up all of the tribes in the Lore thread, although there's still more lore to be added.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back