• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Lunar Fury - Exalted 3e IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Gwen reaches deep inside herself and channels her Essence to shift her form, feeling her wings and feathers sprout out of her. As that is going on, she pulls out her bow and holds it ready, trying to take another, closer look at what the airship is doing.
Spending 4m on Hybrid Body Transformation to assume my Beastform, granting me my Wings and Feathers mutations.

4 successes on my Perception roll

Health Levels
- 0 [ ]
- 1 [ ][ ]
- 2 [ ][ ]
- 4 [ ]
I

Willpower: 7

Essence: 2
Personal: 17 / 13
Peripheral: 42 (31)
Committed: 11

Join Battle: 7 + 3 successes

Parry: 5
Evasion: 6 +1 From Fleet Gazelle Exercise
Resolve: 3
Guile: 4

Natural Soak: 3 (+1 from Hybrid Body Transformation) (+2 from Hearthstone)
Armored Soak: 5
Total Soak: 8 (+1 from Hybrid Body Transformation) (+2 from Hearthstone)

Weapon Damage
Attunement: 5m; Type: Medium (+12 DMG, OVW 4)
Accuracy: Close −1; Short +5; Medium +3; Long +1; Extreme −1

Looking up, Two Mornings moves towards the ship. Seeing her fellows turning into birds, she grunts, thinking that she really needs to pick up a bird shape soon.

Toun forces himself to suppress his stupor and shifts into his war form. He leaps toward the front on all fours, Daiklave snug in his teeth.

As the Circle bursts into motion, the people of the valley respond to One Tusk's call to arms with a quickness, with most heading for their homes to gather up their weapons and armor to prepare for whatever threat might be approaching their peaceful home. One Tusk stands still for a moment longer, his eyes still focused on the approaching airship. Then, he channels his Essence to assume his fearsome Deadly Beastman Form, a twelve foot tall elephant/human hybrid with armored skin and bulging muscles. With a motion of his hand, his massive Grand Daiklave known as Singlestroke is in his fist.

Once more, he calls out, "My fellow Chosen! There is a firefight going on up there. That ship is firing on something that is flying around it like a swarm of gnats. Whatever it is, it has the ship on the defensive, and they are heading this way." With that, he begins to bound forward, heading towards the spot that he thinks the ship is going to come down at.

With her second look, Hazel can now see details of this ship that had escaped her before. It is huge, easily able to hold hundreds of people onboard, and just as One Tusk has said, it is firing multiple turret-mounted Essence weapons at a swarm of flying monsters that are attacking the ship. As it rumbles closer, it looks like the pilot is trying to land.

There is something that Hazel spots that One Tusk has not reported on. The ship bares the markings of the Blessed Isle's Imperial First Legion, the Empress' crack force of elite troops. And speaking of troops, you can see dozens of soldiers on the deck of the airship engaged in a pitched battle with whatever it is that seeks to bring them down. This is an ugly fight.

Does the swarm of monsters resemble anything? Such as the twisted properties of Wyld beings, or demons or sorcery?

Does the swarm of monsters resemble anything? Such as the twisted properties of Wyld beings, or demons or sorcery?
You would have to say that they are Wyld mutants or Fae of some sort.

Everyone, we are getting into the point where I am going to need Join Battle rolls from you.

How far away is the ship? And can you tell us anything about its structure. As if there is a place to land on it?

Also, willing for a lore role based on Hazels familiarity with Dragon Blooded heroes, should she have noticed any sort of symbols or markings to hint if anyone of important she would recognize through tale be on it?

Rolling Join Battle
Total of a 6 on my roll

Spending 4m on Hybrid Body Transformation to assume my Beastform, granting me my Wings and Feathers mutations.

Health Levels
- 0 [ ]
- 1 [ ][ ]
- 2 [ ][ ]
- 4 [ ]
I

Willpower: 7

Peripheral: 42 (31)

Weapon Damage

Seeing and hearing the combat coming ever closer to her, Two Mornings shifts mental gears. Her stance shifts and by her bearing all can see she is ready for a fight.

She's still wearing a fancy dress though.

(Join Battle Result: 10i)

How far away is the ship? And can you tell us anything about its structure. As if there is a place to land on it?

Also, willing for a lore role based on Hazels familiarity with Dragon Blooded heroes, should she have noticed any sort of symbols or markings to hint if anyone of important she would recognize through tale be on it?
The ship is roughly 1,000 feet out, closing in and losing altitude rapidly. You don't think that the pilot will be able to do more than a controlled crash landing. It is a roughly egg-shaped hull, with the top part of the deck flat for smaller ships to be able to launch off of, or for archers to be able to provide fire from. From either side of the ship there are large wings made of some kind of Magical Material, probably to serve as additional Essence collectors to help power the ship. At the moment, the top flat deck is filled with at least two dozen soldiers, some with swords, others with bows, all in the middle of intense combat with the flying monsters. As you watch, there is a fiery flare of an Anima banner on the deck of a Dragon Blooded using Essence, wielding a Daiklave with savage intent.

The only symbol you see at the moment is the one of the First Legion, the personal hatchet men of the Empress. Elite troops equipped with the very best the Realm has to offer, and exceptionally well trained. There was a flag that is in tatters on the top of the ship, but it is too mangled to be able to tell any symbols on it.

"LeeGAAWWN! ExAWlt!" Hazel cawed through the throat of the ration. "WyAWld" She cawed again.

Hazel was hoping her black feathers helped her stay safe in the night. She didnt want to get too close... as both factions of the fight were enemies. However... the creatures were one that she considered to be a greater hazard given their number. She could help thin their flock maybe!

But for that she had to get closer.

Join Battle: 5
Health Levels
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ][ ]
-4 [ ][ ]
I [ ]

Essence: ●●
Personal: 17
Peripheral: 42/32
Recovery: +5mote/round

Willpower: 5/

Parry: 3
Evasion: 6 +1 Fleet Gazelle Exercise

Natural Soak:3
Armor Soak: 5
Bonus Soak: 1 (Unusual Hide)
Total Soak: 9

Hardness: 0

Guile: 2

Rush: 7
Disengage: 11
Cover: 11

Sorcery
Shaping: [Int5+Occ5+Spe1] 11, +1non-charm success(Hierophant's Eye)

Other bonuses
Hearthstone: Cover protects as 1 level higher.
Tail: +2 die to maintain balance.
Bounding Legs: The mutant’s powerful legs add 2 dice on jumping-based rolls. This only applies to combat movement if she leaps to a position at least one range band higher or lower.

The once majestic airship comes careening into the valley, losing altitude and speed as it goes. Whomever it is at the helm does a epic job of trying to land, but the ship is just too damaged and is going too fast. The bottom of the hull clips the ground hard, making it bounce up, then back down again as it skids to a stop against the side of the valley, lying at a slight angle of about a ten degree list to the left. All the soldiers on the deck with the scores of small monsters on there with them are knocked off the hull and are scattered dozens of feet across the valley floor.

Up in the air outside the ship, there are still probably a hundred of the nasty little buggers that immediately begin to swoop down on the fallen soldiers on the ground, now that they are no longer able to fight back.

Going with our Join Battle rolls now.

10 - Two Mornings
6 - Gwen
6 - Toun
5 - Hazel

Holding on Red Shadow Claws Red Shadow Claws for your Join Battle roll

Toun bounded into the carnage following the scent of iron and smoke. He snarled as his form became far more monstrous than usual. He body grew to towering heights, looming over the battlefield. He had to draw the enemy away from the villagers at any cost. Making himself a bigger target was the fastest way to make that happen.

Rolling Join Battle (Form is Deadly Beastman Transformation +Mountainous Spirit Expression)
Starting at 6i.

Idris gets ready for a fight, but is unsure whether the Dragon-Blooded will look favorably on a group of Lunars joining the frey. Still, he shrugs, and starts calculating the odds, so he can strike the first blow when the ship comes crashing down. As it does crash, he lunges forward, intent on cutting down the flying critters.

As the dust starts to settle from the crash, you can now see that the sky is not just filled with the swarm of the gremlins. There are six gryphons with riders wearing elaborate armor on their backs that come swooping down and settle on the ground between the Circle of Exalts and the crashed airship. One spurs his mount forward and calls out, "Greetings, my friends! I am not here to fight you, but instead, I only wish to reclaim property of mine that was taken by these interlopers into my Freehold. Will you allow us safe passage to take back what is rightfully ours, and we will leave here with no harm done to you or to yours?"

One Tusk steps forward, his massive sword shining in the firelight. "No harm done to us? As if you could do any harm to us. We are Chosen of Luna, and his is my valley! Everything that you see around you lies within my domain, and I challenge you to try and take anything from this valley, including your own worthless Fae lives! Die on your feet, or on your knees, it matters not to me! TO BATTLE!"

With that, the elephant leaps forward, Singlestroke making a whistling sound as he swings on the Fae with enough force to shatter stone. This blow cuts the Fae mouthpiece in half, sending pieces of it falling off of the gryphon.

Aranfan Aranfan is up with Two Mornings

10 - Two Mornings
9 - Fae 1
7 - Fae 2
6 - Gwen
6 - Toun
5 - Hazel
5 - Fae 3
5 - Fae 4
4 - Idris
4 - Fae 5
3 - gremlins
3 - One Tusk

Two Mornings charges in to the nearest Fae Noble, red hair swaying as she advances, her slitted dress impeding her movements not at all. Taking her opponents measure in an instant, she lands a brutal strike to his shoulder, the full force of her rippling muscles slamming into the weaker jointed area of her foe's armor, and hopefully ruining his balance.

Edit: 8sux +1 for stunt.
Edit: Rolling 10 withering damage, 3 sux, I gain +4i, they lose 3i.

Last edited:
You hit Fae #1 with 3 successes. His soak is 10L. Go ahead and roll your damage.

A powerful blow rocks Fae 1 back, nearly knocking him off of his gryphon.

With Two Mornings now right there in between them, Fae 2 and 1 both try to attack you with Withering Strikes. Fae 2 scores 8 successes, and Fae 1 gets 6. What is your DV, and do you wish to activate any Charms to boost your numbers?

Aranfan Aranfan

[10 - Two Mornings]
[7 - Fae 2]
[6 - Fae 1]
6 - Gwen
6 - Toun
5 - Hazel
5 - Fae 3
5 - Fae 4
4 - Idris
4 - Fae 5
3 - gremlins
3 - One Tusk

Round 2
13 - Two Mornings

With Two Mornings now right there in between them, Fae 2 and 1 both try to attack you with Withering Strikes. Fae 2 scores 8 successes, and Fae 1 gets 6. What is your DV, and do you wish to activate any Charms to boost your numbers?

Two Mornings uses Agile Beast Defense against both. This gives her the ability to parry lethal damage, and +1 defense as they have lower initiative. This puts her Parry at 7. Onslaught penalties means she has first 7 and then 6. She would not have augmented her parry against the first one, but would against the second by spending two motes to raise it back to 7. #2 hits, #1 misses.

So Fae 2 hits with 1 success. What is your Soak?

The sword of the Fae swings, but only manages to skid off of your armored hide, and you are not affected by it at all.

Psychie Psychie and Rykon Rykon are up

[10 - Two Mornings]
[7 - Fae 2]
[6 - Fae 1]
6 - Gwen <====
6 - Toun <====
5 - Hazel
5 - Fae 3
5 - Fae 4
4 - Idris
4 - Fae 5
3 - gremlins
3 - One Tusk

Round 2
13 - Two Mornings
7 - Fae 2
6 - Fae 1

Quickly knocking an arrow, Gwen takes to the sky and takes careful aim with Moonlit Huntress, focusing her Essence into a Withering attack at Fae 1. After taking a quick read of the wind, she lets the arrow fly at the Fae Noble. "It was a mistake to come here, Fae! You will no longer soil the clean soil of Creation with your vile presence!"
Activating Fleet Gazelle Exercise to gain +1 Evasion for 4m 1wp

Attack pool: Dex 5 + Archery 3 + Specialty 1 + Accuracy 5 + Excellency 5 + stunt 2 = 21
6 successes

Hybrid Body Transformation active to assume my Beastform, granting me my Wings and Feathers mutations.

Health Levels
- 0 [ ]
- 1 [ ][ ]
- 2 [ ][ ]
- 4 [ ]
I

Willpower: 7 / 6

Peripheral: 42 (31) / 27

Weapon Damage

Gwen manages to hit with 0 extra successes. Soak is 10L.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back