• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Lunar Fury - Exalted 3e IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Upon encountering Two Mornings searching about, Toun looked up, head tilted with the pie still cooling as it hung from his teeth. When he realized he was being looked for, he turned about headed back to where he last detected Gwen to start forming up the group.

At this point, he shifted into his human form, though he discarded the trappings of winter for spring. His hair was dusty brown yet his eyes were still glacial blue. "I had assumed you were looking for more than just me. Is there something the master wishes of us, Two Mornings?" As the others conversed he began to enjoy his pie with small bites in the midst of conversation.

"It certainly seems that way." said Selket with a smile and a noticeable desert accent, as she came over to join Toun and Mornings, shivering a little in spite of the buff jacket she wore. Everyone else might find the artificially-cooled temperature tolerable, but for Selket, who had spent the entirety of her life in southern deserts, the valley was almost uncomfortably cool.

Upon encountering Two Mornings searching about, Toun looked up, head tilted with the pie still cooling as it hung from his teeth. When he realized he was being looked for, he turned about headed back to where he last detected Gwen to start forming up the group.

At this point, he shifted into his human form, though he discarded the trappings of winter for spring. His hair was dusty brown yet his eyes were still glacial blue. "I had assumed you were looking for more than just me. Is there something the master wishes of us, Two Mornings?" As the others conversed he began to enjoy his pie with small bites in the midst of conversation.
"It certainly seems that way." said Selket with a smile and a noticeable desert accent, as she came over to join Toun and Mornings, shivering a little in spite of the buff jacket she wore. Everyone else might find the artificially-cooled temperature tolerable, but for Selket, who had spent the entirety of her life in southern deserts, the valley was almost uncomfortably cool.

Two Mornings nods, "Hazel's divinations turned up something important. Come on." She turns, dress swishing, to lead them back to One Tusk and Hazel.

Giving Two Mornings a nod in return, Selket would proceed to follow the other woman.

Idris was busy chatting with Grendal, the god of the valley. It was always fascinating to see how similar Grendal and One Tusk were.
Was it just a coincidence, or did claiming a territory for so long, after it's local god, that it might grow similar to the Lunar claiming said territory?
Grendal is easy to spot in a crowd; he typically takes the form of a 12 foot tall figure with skin composed of black rock and bright yellow eyes. He walks slowly along the edge of the village so that Idris can keep pace easy enough, his eyes taking in the events of the mortals in 'his' Valley. He is pleasant enough to Idris, even at his grumpiest, because he knows the power of the Full Moon is not something to trifle with.

Looking down at Idris, he says, "Trust me, Noble Exalt, I wish to see this day's celebration go by without event. If there is to be any trouble from the spirits, I would look first to the local members of the Court of Fire that reside here. They are troublemakers one and all, with their fiery natures making them flighty pranksters. There are times, rare and far between, that their jokes are well timed to break up the tedium of daily life. But I would not put it past them to do something disastrous thinking it was 'funny'. I will talk with them, but having you add your own voice as a word of caution to mine might be enough to keep them in line."

It is during this conversation that Idris can see Hazel is in the midst of doing . . . something odd by a large bonfire, but that is not too unusual, considering the girl claims that there is a god living in her tail! Perhaps it is worth investigating? Just as you are pondering this, you are approached by Two Mornings, looking for the various Circle members to be assembled by Hazel's project. Apparently, she has Seen something disturbing in the futures of Pygar and Arrefele that might affect the whole Valley, and One Tusk wants her to Delve deeper into this.

It does not take Gwen long to spot her friend working her magic (quite literally) on the crowd to enlist them in building up some kind of mystic project that she is in the middle of. In fact, you can even see One Tusk with an armload of firewood coming over to lend a hand.

Gwen would head on over, wondering what was going on to warrant such a gathering of all the Exalts of the Valley. She would not want to interrupt the focus of Hazel, so she will say to Two Mornings, "Something is going on, I see. What is the news?"

Aranfan Aranfan

Gwen would head on over, wondering what was going on to warrant such a gathering of all the Exalts of the Valley. She would not want to interrupt the focus of Hazel, so she will say to Two Mornings, "Something is going on, I see. What is the news?"

Aranfan Aranfan

Two Mornings will lower her voice so civilians won't overhear, "Hazel divined a war in the newlyweds future, and is trying to find out more about it now."

Over the course of several hours, people come and go to watch with curiosity as Hazel places her accoutrements about in just the right place with the aid of the others of the Circle. Finally, it comes time for you to complete the ritual.

D. Rex D. Rex please give me a die roll, with 2 extra dice and one success added on. Don't forget that you can use Willpower if you want to add an extra success on top of it.

How many successes for willpower? And can I use an Excellency? Consuming the anima as she did could have granted a full free Excellency according to its effects.

Idris was about to go with Grendal to talk to the Court of Fire, when Two Mornings came to inform him. A war? He turned to Grendal and said "Let me see what this is about, and then we can go and make sure the Court of Fire do not attempt any unnecessary prank, am sure they all still recall what happened to Jazeer Flame Tongue." He could still feel that one's fiery essence while he carried it. And he was CERTAIN that Jazeer himself would not attempt another malicious prank any time soon.

Willpower gives one extra success. Yes, you can use an Excellency to raise your pool.

Dice. 17
[Perception+Occult] 10
Excellent +5
Stunt +2

Successes 13
Roll 10
Hearthstone+1
Stunt +1
Willpower +1

The valley is a peaceful place, and has been for many generations. But from what Hazel can see in her vision, that is about to change.

War is coming, and it will involve many of the people of the Valley. The battles will involve the Circle of Exalts, taking you across Creation on your quest to find a way to put a stop to the bloodshed. You can see the touch of the Wyld upon Creation, and more disturbingly, Malfias. The battle will begin here, in the Valley, and it is coming soon.

As the visions pass, Hazel can hear the Storyteller speak softly to her. "Great. Are you going to tell them, or do I get to break the news?"

Her empowered eyes, scrutinizing the leaves, reading the patterns and colors. All tells so subtle that they might not exist to the casual observer. But she was not one.

To her, the blows of soggy leaves showed patterns and discoloration so clear they practically moved. And as she went from pile to pile, they came together like pieces of a larger puzzle.

And she the valley, and the hand of war on its borders, horrifyingly close. Its fingers ready to dip in to do as it pleases. It would embroil the people of the village... but adding to it the vision of Pygar and Arrafele, the two children she saw, she knew there was hope. They the people of the village did... or could... have a future.

And it was the Circle. As she moved to their leaves, she saw even further. She saw them travel across to the four corners of Creation. She could see them tread upon ground beyond her imagination and draw the blood from images not yet made clear, but whose essence even shown through their clouded figures. Worse still, fear gripped her as eyes cast about the patterns of the world itself and watched it writhe and warp to the powers of the Wyld, all the while hellsprings cast up their fires and their demons.

Hazel had to stop, as she had begun to feel woozy. Light headed and vision failing. She hadnt realized she had been holding her breath the entire time. She gasped for air and fell to her knees, panting. As she quickly looked back at the tea, the patterns and images were now gone. Showing only mush.

Her tail moved, and shivers were sent down her spine as she felt the sickly smack of lips from the tail. She heard its words and frowned. "Hush, you!" She snapped at it, and swatted at it to keep it silent. The last thing she needed was to look crazy now and have people think she was talking out her ass.

Of course, the look of her talking to her tail and and assaulting the innocent length of fluff was lost on her.

"Brothers and sisters. Master One-Tusk." She finally said, "We must convene." Her voice grave.

One Tusk says nothing for a moment, then nods. "Very well. My students, come with me. We shall retire for a time, and discuss what Hazel has seen."

He leads the group away from the village, to his own home. It is a rare thing for you to be allowed in here, so you know that the old man is taking the warning from Hazel seriously. He takes a seat, then motions for the rest of you to find a place to get comfortable. With his rumbling voice, he says, "Hazel, your talent in divination is exceptional, so do not worry that I am about to doubt your words. Please, be at ease and share what you have seen. It is obviously troublesome to you, and important enough to call us all here."

Idris followed closely. His fellow No Moon was a bit eccentric, but he valued her insights, and if she saw something sure enough to warrant their attention, he would closely listen.
He had often wondered what it would be like to possess such powers, but there was so much to learn first, like mastering the arts of spirit destruction, and forming a deeper bond with his Artifact, or mastering Tiger Style. He was often teased about his casual approach to his Martial Art Style, but he knew he would learn more of it, and eventually master it. He was in no hurry.

Gwen gathers her skirt around her legs and sits demurely, looking to her friend with interest and concern as to what might be on her mind.

Once everyone was gathered, she would begin. Assured by One-Tusk.

"In everyone, I had seen the shadow of war. One that would break the peace of the valley and affect many of its inhabitants. And those not affected, they will know of it."

"Worse yet," she explained,"I watched the chaos of the Wyld touch Creation where it should not be, and upon that, Malfias too rising to do the same."

"But it gets worse, as this not a vision of the far future. And it is not a vision of a far off war that drifts to us. It will begin here, and very soon."

She gestured to the Circle, "I also saw you all. Trying to stop it. And it took you across the world."

"I do not know what this war is or who leads it. I do not know when, save for that we should already be able to feel its breath on us. And we must be ready now."

"What I can glean, but have not seen, is that we do have hope. The children I have seen from Arrafele and Pygar tell us that the village does indeed have a future, even if it means only a few will survive."

"What I also know is there there is something we can do, though I do not know what. And that the hands of the circle will be directly involved in trying to fight back this event. I saw this in the determination and surety of your faces."

"All if these things are connected in some way. And what happens here, I believe, will have far reaching effects that I do not think I can yet fathom." Hazel concluded

Malfeas. Idris has known this name from a young age. He once aspired to become a priest of its denizens.

Now, it seems like this will be a source of conflict, and he intended to use what knowledge he has to fight back hard against its inhabitants, and to decimate them before they do much harm.

His fists clenched hard at the thought. "The denizens of that god-forsaken realm will be made to rue the day they set foot in Creation."

Gwen nods. "I may not be as martially skilled as some of you, but I will stand ready with my bow to do what is needed to protect the people of this valley, this Circle, and all Creation from the Wyld and the forces of Malfias. I will not sit idly by and do nothing while lives are lost."

One Tusk lets out a deep breath. "War, coming here. It seems that my quiet life is not going to be so quiet for much longer." He stands and walks over to a bookcase and grabs a decanter of liquor and a glass, then pours himself a slug of the potent drink. Taking a sip, he looks around at each of you. "As Chosen of Luna, we will stand ready to face whatever challenges that come our way. I have done my best to teach each and every one of you how to stand strong in a fight, and I am proud of the progress that all of you have made since you have come here."

"I have already sent a warning to Chief Hassan of the Vashni, letting him know that there may be danger lurking about and to be on guard. If something does approach, they will have to come through the desert tribes, and they will give us warning of the danger. But, we must be ready at any time to do battle. If you do not have your weapons and armor with you, go gather them up. Best to be prepared."

Two Mornings smirks arrogantly in her dress, "I got everything I need right here." She says as she slaps fist into palm.

Hazel reaches into her cloak pocket, digging deeper until she found what she was looking for. She took hold, from the pocket, she pulled put the entire length of her dragon sigh wand. How she kept it in there was beyond anyone's guess, as it was as tall as she was. Also had a good barrel of firepowder stored away in elsewhere. "As do I." She said proudly. After all! Never know when One-Tusk would perform a 'pop quiz'. Had to always be ready!

Gwendolyn nods, showing that she was as ready as she could be. Her own weapon was safely tucked away in a pocket of Elsewhere, ready to be used at a moments notice.

Idris raised his fists, where Frost-Thorn Knuckles was. Other that, all he needed were the Hearthstones, but they were safely tucked inside his protean body. Even if he was disarmed, he would have their benefits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back