• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Lunar Fury - Exalted 3e IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Sherwood Sherwood

Since I had mentioned the shaping ritual of the nightmare, in that such a nightmare occurred last night. I had forget that it is a shaping ritual and banks motes. Should I roll for those or save it for next time?

Sherwood Sherwood

Since I had mentioned the shaping ritual of the nightmare, in that such a nightmare occurred last night. I had forget that it is a shaping ritual and banks motes. Should I roll for those or save it for next time?
You did mention it earlier. Roll for it.

Rykon Rykon is up

[10 - Two Mornings]
[7 - Fae 2]
[6 - Fae 1]
[6 - Gwen]
6 - Toun <====
5 - Hazel
5 - Fae 3
5 - Fae 4
4 - Idris
4 - Fae 5
3 - gremlins
3 - One Tusk

Round 2
15 - Two Mornings
10 - Gwen
8 - Fae 2
3 - Fae 1

Last edited:
Toun's titanic mass stamps over the charging armies between him and his prey. With a sling of his snarling maw, he brings down his moonsilver blade with the force of falling comet. A line of earth explodes under the force of the strike sending stone rubble scattering over the fae and their armies.

[Rolling a Withering Attack on the Fae Noble. 8 successes]

Toun's titanic mass stamps over the charging armies between him and his prey. With a sling of his snarling maw, he brings down his moonsilver blade with the force of falling comet. A line of earth explodes under the force of the strike sending stone rubble scattering over the fae and their armies.

[Rolling a Withering Attack on the Fae Noble. 8 successes]
Which Fae noble? I don't want to assume the wrong one.

D. Rex D. Rex is up with Hazel

[10 - Two Mornings]
[7 - Fae 2]
[6 - Fae 1]
[6 - Gwen]
[6 - Toun]
5 - Hazel <====
5 - Fae 3
5 - Fae 4
4 - Idris
4 - Fae 5
3 - gremlins
3 - One Tusk

Round 2
15 - Two Mornings
14 - Toun
10 - Gwen
3 - Fae 1
1 - Fae 2

Flapping her wings, Hazel maintained her position. The shadows swirling around as she gathered essence from the world. Beginning to shape it. From the shadows she intended to draw them, crystallizing the night to turn them into deadly flying blades.

Casting Death of Obsidian Butterflies

SM Gained: 4
Total: 4/15
Health Levels
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ][ ]
-4 [ ][ ]
I [ ]

Essence: ●●
Personal: 17
Peripheral: 42/32
Recovery: +5mote/round

Willpower: 5/4
Sorcery wp: ●
SM Bank: 4

Parry: 3
Evasion: 6 +1 Fleet Gazelle Exercise

Natural Soak:3
Armor Soak: 5
Bonus Soak: 1 (Unusual Hide)
Total Soak: 9

Hardness: 0

Guile: 2
Resolve: 3

Rush: 7
Disengage: 11
Cover: 11

Sorcery
Shaping: [Int5+Occ5+Spe1] 11, +1non-charm success(Hierophant's Eye)

Other bonuses
Hearthstone: Cover protects as 1 level higher.
Tail: +2 die to maintain balance.
Bounding Legs: The mutant’s powerful legs add 2 dice on jumping-based rolls. This only applies to combat movement if she leaps to a position at least one range band higher or lower.

Fae 3 and 4 both turn their attention on One Tusk, using their swords to try and bring the big Lunar down. But not only does he manage to block their attacks, he uses one of his Charms to make a Counterattack on Fae 3, crashing him and knocking him from his mount. The Full Moon seems to shine in the glory of battle.

Red Shadow Claws Red Shadow Claws is up

[10 - Two Mornings]
[7 - Fae 2]
[6 - Fae 1]
[6 - Gwen]
[6 - Toun]
[5 - Hazel]
[5 - Fae 3]
[5 - Fae 4]
4 - Idris <====
4 - Fae 5
3 - gremlins
3 - One Tusk

Round 2
15 - Two Mornings
14 - Toun
12 - One Tusk
10 - Gwen
5 - Hazel - 4 SM
5 - Fae 4
3 - Fae 1
1 - Fae 2
0 - Fae 3

Selket the vulture would initially just observe from the sky as the Realm airship crash-landed in the valley, seeing its crew fighting what appeared to be creatures from the Wyld, not feeling the need to get involved.

When the nobles on their gryphons landed and attempted to negotiate with One Tusk, Selket would fly closer to try and listen in on the conversation, soon overhearing her mentor refusing their request, and then watching him and her circlemates charge upon the fae. Sighing at being caught so far away from the battle, she nevertheless gave a screech and flew towards where the others were fighting.

I'm sorry jaydude jaydude I thought that I had everyone on the initiative order. I did not mean to miss you. You are up now.

[10 - Two Mornings]
[7 - Fae 2]
[6 - Fae 1]
[6 - Gwen]
[6 - Toun]
6 - Selket <====
[5 - Hazel]
[5 - Fae 3]
[5 - Fae 4]
4 - Idris <====
4 - Fae 5
3 - gremlins
3 - One Tusk

Round 2
15 - Two Mornings
14 - Toun
12 - One Tusk
10 - Gwen
5 - Hazel - 4 SM
5 - Fae 4
3 - Fae 1
1 - Fae 2
0 - Fae 3

Upon seeing One Tusk fighting with two of the fae, Selket would fly over to him. Once close enough, she would shift back into her human form while using her momentum from flying to land on top of Fae 4, stabbing at his neck with the Ichneumon Blade on her right forearm.

[Shifting back into human form (reflexive action), withering attack on Fae 4, pool of 18 dice (Stats + Weapon Accuracy + Stunt). 12 successes.]

While Idris had no love for the Fae, she never, despite One Tusk's repeated lessons, ever considered them as big a threat as demons.
But if One Tusk wanted to fight them, he wouldn't hold back. And do, smiling at Fae #5, he jumps at him, his moonsilver razor claws extending blades of ice, as his muscles bulge in preparation of rending into the Fae "Noble".

This is a Withering attack.
Spending 6m on Striking Fury Claws, 2m on Deadly Claw Blow, and 5m on Strength Excellency.

Strength Excellency grants me 5 dice on the attack roll
Deadly Claw adds 2 (Essence) to Overwhelming
Striking Fury converts up to 5 ( Strength) extra successes on a successful Withering attack, to post-soak dice of damage.

Str 5 + Martial Arts 3 + Specialty 1 + Accuracy 5 + Excellency 5. Total of 19 dice. +2 from one-point stunt (?)

8 successes on the attack. (9 with the stunt)
Overwhelming 5.

Upon seeing One Tusk fighting with two of the fae, Selket would fly over to him. Once close enough, she would shift back into her human form while using her momentum from flying to land on top of Fae 4, stabbing at his neck with the Ichneumon Blade on her right forearm.

[Shifting back into human form (reflexive action), withering attack on Fae 4, pool of 18 dice (Stats + Weapon Accuracy + Stunt). 12 successes.]
Fae 4 is hit with 6 successes, his soak is 14. Go ahead and roll damage.
8 successes on the attack. (9 with the stunt)
Overwhelming 5.
Fae 5 is hit with 3 successes, with its soak only 6. Go ahead and roll damage.

Soak 6
Weapon damage 10
Strength 5
3 extra successes.

Also spending 5m on Strength Excellency to increase damage.

For a grand total of 17 dice post-soak.

6 damage. It is crashed, and I gain 12 initiative?

Last edited:
Just waiting on jaydude jaydude to resolve his attack

[10 - Two Mornings]
[7 - Fae 2]
[6 - Fae 1]
[6 - Gwen]
[6 - Toun]
[6 - Selket]
[5 - Hazel]
[5 - Fae 3]
[5 - Fae 4]
[4 - Idris]
3 - gremlins
0 - Fae 5

Round 2
15 - Two Mornings
14 - Toun
14 - Idris
12 - One Tusk
11 - Selket
10 - Gwen
5 - Hazel - 4 SM
3 - Fae 1
1 - Fae 4
1 - Fae 2
0 - Fae 3
0 - Fae 5

Last edited:
Fae 4 is almost Crashed from Selket's attack. Now we just need to see what Red Shadow Claws Red Shadow Claws comes up with his extra Strength dice damage on his initiative.

The group of winged Wyld mutant gremlins continue to swarm around the ship and the crew that had been knocked off of the deck and sent sprawling in the dirt, tearing into them like buzzsaws into trees. There is the now totemic flare of a Fire Aspect desperately trying to defend himself and his men, but there are just so many targets it is hard for a single blade to make a difference.

Round two begins. Everyone regains 5m of Essence

Red Shadow Claws Red Shadow Claws is up again with Idris

Round 2
16 - Idris <====
15 - Two Mornings
14 - Toun
12 - One Tusk
11 - Selket
10 - Gwen
5 - Hazel - 4 SM
3 - Fae 1
3 - gremlins
1 - Fae 4
1 - Fae 2
0 - Fae 3
0 - Fae 5

Idris felt empowered by his successful attack on the Fae, and cocked his head sideways at it, seeing the gossamer essence that flowed through it. There was something almost familiar about it.
And he knew in an instant that he could cleave it, and possibly consume it's Essence. And at the same instant, realization turned into action.

He funneled his rage through his attacks, guiding it with his keen mind so that it struck true and deep into the core of the ephemeral creature at the same time as a massive head of a stag burst above him, it's antlers helping Idris tear it apart.

Doing a Decisive attack.
Spending 2m on Ferocious Biting Tooth. Adds (2) Essence attack roll extra successes on a Decisive attack as damage dice.
Spending 3m on Demon-Drinking Fang. Dealing Aggravated damage to spirits and Fae. And if initiative is lower than mine, adds 5 (Perception) dice of damage. If incapacitated, I can destroy it, or spend 1wp to subsume it with Shed Divinity's Nectar.
Spending 5m on Strength Excellency to better be able to hit.

So, 14 dice on the attack. If successful, 16+5+up to 2 dice on the damage roll, for Aggravated.

7 successes on the attack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back