• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Lunar Fury - Exalted 3e IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Am targeting Fae #5. As said in the attack roll.
And I have Deadly Claw Blow, that lets me use Strength instead of Dexterity for attacks.
Lunar Charms for the win!

Am targeting Fae #5. As said in the attack roll.
And I have Deadly Claw Blow, that lets me use Strength instead of Dexterity for attacks.
Lunar Charms for the win!
Ah, I see it now. Thank you. Ok, you hit your target. Go ahead and roll your Decisive damage pool and splash some Fae.

You hit with the two extra. Go ahead and convert the damage.

Fae #5 gets a funny look on his face as his innards are spilled out from the force of your deadly strike before he falls over and collapses in a bloody heap on the ground. Resetting your initiative to 3 for Round 3.

Aranfan Aranfan is up with Two Mornings

Round 2
[16 - Idris]
15 - Two Mornings <====
14 - Toun
12 - One Tusk
11 - Selket
10 - Gwen
5 - Hazel - 4 SM
3 - Fae 1
3 - gremlins
1 - Fae 4
1 - Fae 2
0 - Fae 3

Round 3
3 - Idris

Sherwood Sherwood
And Idris spends 1 wp to subsume its Essence.
He gains a Major Intimacy reflecting it's nature and purpose, as well as a number of dots of mutations equal to it's Essence plus 2, reflecting its capabilities. And any Cult it might have.

Sherwood Sherwood
And Idris spends 1 wp to subsume its Essence.
He gains a Major Intimacy reflecting it's nature and purpose, as well as a number of dots of mutations equal to it's Essence plus 2, reflecting its capabilities. And any Cult it might have.
This was a lesser noble, so its Essence was only 2, giving you 4 dots of mutations to make it resistant to fire/heat, obviously from the Fire Courts of the south. Its purpose was to unmake Creation, and its Cult is just 1 dot worth of gremlins that looks like they are currently attacking the Realm troops from the airship.

Two Mornings leaps over Tuon's gigantic sword, using it as a gymnastics horse, slamming her feat into the breastplate of Fae 2. She springs off the Fae noble, landing in a crouch primed for pouncing, even as the fae is knocked woefully off balance.

(Withering attack, enhanced with seven points of weakness strike. Hows the stunt?)

You bounce off of Fae 2 hard, leaving him reeling from the impact. You hit with 11 successes, and it has 4 stamina soak, and 6 armor soak.

11+5+7=23
10-5=5
23-5=18.

18 Raw damage for the withering attack.

Edit: I'm counting 4 sux. I gain 1i for the hit, 4i from the initiative damage. Fae was at 1i, so its at -3i, which means I get an additional 5i from initiative break.

I should have 25i now, and Fae 2 should have -3i.

Excellent shot. Rykon Rykon is up

Round 2
[16 - Idris]
[15 - Two Mornings]
14 - Toun <====
12 - One Tusk
11 - Selket
10 - Gwen
5 - Hazel - 4 SM
3 - Fae 1
3 - gremlins
1 - Fae 4
0 - Fae 3
-3 - Fae 2

Round 3
25 - Two Mornings
3 - Idris
-3 - Fae 2

Toun stands up on two legs, gripping the titanic daiklave in both of his monstrous mits. With a turn of his torso, he whips the blade in a circular arc at the gremlin forces. The slipstream of its passage buffets each aerial unit threatening to rip the pesky vermin from the air and make them taste the sweet flavor of well-fertilized soil.

Withering Attack on the Gremlins... Assuming at least stunt level 1. Only 4 successes, yikes.

Toun's effort does little to the gremlins in the air besides distract them slightly, and draw their attention to you. Perhaps it is a good thing, considering you are trying to protect the Dynasts that are getting tore up by the little buggers.

One Tusk is still on a rampage, and he swings Singlestroke with multiple blows against Fae 1, slicing him deep and dropping it to the ground.

jaydude jaydude is up with Selket

Round 2
[16 - Idris]
[15 - Two Mornings]
[14 - Toun]
[12 - One Tusk]
11 - Selket <====
10 - Gwen
5 - Hazel - 4 SM
3 - gremlins
1 - Fae 4
0 - Fae 3
-3 - Fae 2

Round 3
25 - Two Mornings
14 - Toun
3 - Idris
3 - One Tusk
-3 - Fae 2

Unable to do any significant damage with her attack, Selket would land to the side of Fae 4's gryphon, before she quickly turned around and jumped up, stabbing at Fae 4 again in the hope of landing a blow before her opponent could either attack her, or take off.

[Decisive piercing attack (Dex + Brawl + Speciality + One Point Stunt). Spending 3m to use Silver Wasp Sting, allowing attack to ignore 5 hardness. Resonance waives initiative cost for piercing attack.]

You hit your mark! Go ahead and roll damage.

Psychie Psychie is up after the damage roll is done

Round 2
[16 - Idris]
[15 - Two Mornings]
[14 - Toun]
[12 - One Tusk]
[11 - Selket]
10 - Gwen <====
5 - Hazel - 4 SM
3 - gremlins
1 - Fae 4
0 - Fae 3
-3 - Fae 2

Round 3
25 - Two Mornings
14 - Toun
3 - Selket
3 - Idris
3 - One Tusk
-3 - Fae 2

Damage roll. 4 successes, leaving splinter in wound.

The Fae Noble is still alive, but wounded.

Psychie Psychie is up

Round 2
[16 - Idris]
[15 - Two Mornings]
[14 - Toun]
[12 - One Tusk]
[11 - Selket]
10 - Gwen <====
5 - Hazel - 4 SM
3 - gremlins
1 - Fae 4 [-4 hl]
0 - Fae 3
-3 - Fae 2

Round 3
25 - Two Mornings
14 - Toun
3 - Selket
3 - Idris
3 - One Tusk
-3 - Fae 2

Seeing that Fae 4 is wounded but still in the fight, Gwen takes aim at it with Moonlit Edge and lets fly with a Decisive attack, trying to finish it off before it has a chance to act again.

11 successes to hit - going ahead and rolling damage
6 lethal damage done!
Spending 5m on my Dex Excellency to raise up my Attack Pool to hit, and spending a Willpower to get an extra success.

Dex 5 + Excellency 5 + Specialty 1 + Ability 3 + stunt 2 = 16

Hybrid Body Transformation active to assume my Beastform, granting me my Wings and Feathers mutations.
Fleet Gazelle Exercise Active for +1 Evasion

Health Levels
- 0 [ ]
- 1 [ ][ ]
- 2 [ ][ ]
- 4 [ ]
I

Willpower: 7 / 5

Essence: 2
Personal: 17 / 14
Peripheral: 42 (31) / 26
Committed: 11

Join Battle: 7 + 3 successes

Parry: 5
Evasion: 6 +1 From Fleet Gazelle Exercise
Resolve: 3
Guile: 4

Natural Soak: 3 (+1 from Hybrid Body Transformation) (+2 from Hearthstone)
Armored Soak: 5
Total Soak: 8 (+1 from Hybrid Body Transformation) (+2 from Hearthstone)

Weapon Damage
Attunement: 5m; Type: Medium (+12 DMG, OVW 4)
Accuracy: Close −1; Short +5; Medium +3; Long +1; Extreme −1

The arrow plunges deep into the chest of the Fae, finishing it off.

D. Rex D. Rex is up

Round 2
[16 - Idris]
[15 - Two Mornings]
[14 - Toun]
[12 - One Tusk]
[11 - Selket]
[10 - Gwen]
5 - Hazel - 4 SM <====
3 - gremlins
0 - Fae 3
-3 - Fae 2

Round 3
25 - Two Mornings
14 - Toun
3 - Gwen
3 - Selket
3 - Idris
3 - One Tusk
-3 - Fae 2

Almost there. If she could gather just a little more sorcerous energy she could push out the spell. Hazel gathered more, refining the shadows around her.

SM Gain: 7
SM Total: 11/15
Health Levels
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ][ ]
-4 [ ][ ]
I [ ]

Essence: ●●
Personal: 17
Peripheral: 42/32
Recovery: +5mote/round

Willpower: 5/4
Sorcery wp: ●
SM Bank: 4

Parry: 3
Evasion: 6 +1 Fleet Gazelle Exercise

Natural Soak:3
Armor Soak: 5
Bonus Soak: 1 (Unusual Hide)
Total Soak: 9

Hardness: 0

Guile: 2
Resolve: 3

Rush: 7
Disengage: 11
Cover: 11

Sorcery
Shaping: [Int5+Occ5+Spe1] 11, +1non-charm success(Hierophant's Eye)

Other bonuses
Hearthstone: Cover protects as 1 level higher.
Tail: +2 die to maintain balance.
Bounding Legs: The mutant’s powerful legs add 2 dice on jumping-based rolls. This only applies to combat movement if she leaps to a position at least one range band higher or lower.

Using the 4 Sorcery points from the shaping ritual. I will bring it to 15/15 to cast the spell now.

With one final push, she injected the energies she had in reserve, and she could feel the spell begin to take shape.

Around the raiton, dots of faint orange lights began to appear. Dozens... hundreds. Twinkling like stars in the night. Not stars... they were reflections. Reflections of the fires of the ship shining off uncountable obsidian wings that blinked into existence, torn from the shadow of the night and molded into their deadly form.

With a caw, the deadly obsidian butterflies swarmed forward in a fluid wave. They fluttered overhead with a deadly velocity, to slice through the gremlin mob. And their sharpened wing, under the cover of the night, to cut through them as if the night itself rejected their presence.

Hit Pool: 13
Successes: 5 (6 w/stunt)

Bonus:
Undodgeable
+essence to damage
-2 defense penalty to battlegroups
Death of Obsidian Butterflies
Cost: 15sm, 1wp
Keywords: Decisive-only, Perilous
Duration: Instant
Sculpting Essence into volant black glass, the sorcerer unleashes a cascade of obsidian butterflies. She rolls (Perception + Occult) as an undodgeable decisive attack applied in a line against enemies out to medium range. This line is wide enough to strike all opponents within the width of a single range band and reaches high enough to strike aerial enemies who are at short range to the ground (medium range enemies in the air can still be targeted by directing the butterflies to fly along an upward path, rather than a horizontal one). Battle groups are especially vulnerable to being cut down by this spell, taking a -2 penalty to Defense against it. The attack deals raw damage equal to the sorcerer’s (Essence + extra successes), or (Essence + Occult + extra successes) against a battle group. It does not reset the sorcerer to base Initiative. Scenery made of wood, glass, or other fragile materials is generally destroyed. After this spell has been cast, the obsidian butterflies fall to the ground and shatter, creating terrain that may be hazardous for barefooted characters to traverse—treat as an environmental hazard inflicting two dice of lethal damage, difficulty 2 to resist with a (Dexterity + Athletics) roll, and if the character is barefoot, difficult terrain as well. Any character wearing armored boots can generally ignore the debris. A sorcerer who knows Death of Obsidian

Butterflies as her control spell gains (Essence) bonus dice to the spell’s attack roll. When her emotions run hot, butterfly silhouettes rise from her shadow. When she is angry, her fingernails turn to sharp volcanic glass, making it possible to cut cloth or paper, rend wood or flesh and other similar stunts.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back