• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

waywarddemon

Methuselah
Hello, whoever ends up stumbling upon this post!

I'm back again. My name is Parker, and I'm looking for a (hopefully) long-term partner to cobble together a story with. At the moment, I'm free more often than not, so barring any inconveniences, I should be able to reply at least once a day, if not plenty more than that. For some context, I've been actively role-playing for over 9 years and am an avid writer (though "avid" in this case more means wordvomiting a lot of feelings into a word document at increasingly obscure times of night and pretending it never happened when day breaks).

In taking me on as a partner, you can expect:

Advanced lit, usually in the form of a paragraph if not longer. If I end up starting whatever we end up with, you can expect it to be pretty long because I'm nothing if not a bitch who loves establishing setting and character.

I'm ghost-friendly! If you disappear, no worries! Things happen, life goes on, and sometimes you're just plain not into what's going on, which is totally fine! That being said, if there's something you don't like about the way the story's going, talk to me! We can figure out why you don't like it and try to correct it so both of us enjoy it.

I use a lot of exclamation points when not in-character, so if you talk to me out of character a lot, expect more exclamation points than you've ever seen in your life. I'm not yelling at you; I just have a lot of feelings, and know that they're never used in anger!

I'm happy to collaborate on a plot as long as we both get the opportunity to contribute! I don't want to have to steer the entire thing, but I also don't want you to feel like you have to, either. We can make something work together, and if there's a point where one of us is at a complete loss, the other can pick up. Communication is key, so please never hesitate to send me a message if you have an idea you want to work in.

Talking to people out of character is awesome, but I tend to be a bit shy and terrible at initiating conversations myself. So if you want, please talk to me! If something really awesome or really upsetting happened, I'm happy to listen and either try to offer some advice if you want it, or just be there as someone you can dump your feelings on and not have to cart them around on your own. I like making friends, so if you're down for that, don't hesitate to talk to me! I have a Discord I'm willing to give out if that's more your style for casual conversation.

Face claims for me are a shot in the dark. I might have one, I might not, in which case you'll get a detailed description thrown at you. If face claims are your thing, real or drawn, that's more than fine! I don't mind.

I do curse. A lot. In and out of character, so if that's not your jam, I'm sorry. If it is your jam, we can curse together and revel over the fucking delights we are.

I'm not against picking up doubles or, in cases, triples! Most likely, I'll only do it if you do, though, so if you want to play two or more characters, let me know and I'll make sure your second character isn't floating around on their lonesome.

I play any gender, any race, any sexuality, whatever. I have no preference. That being said, if you strictly play heterosexual couples on the principle of not being for any sort of same-sex relationship, please do not come to me asking for a role-play.

I will cater to you in most cases! I'm down for CanonxCanon, OCxOC, OCxCanon. As long as I'm familiar with the fandom and the characters (which, in all honesty, isn't a huge list, unfortunately), I'll certainly do my best.

I'm fine with gore and general dark themes.

Romance is not a necessity for me. If you want to do romance, that's perfectly fine and we can work towards it, but it's not a staple for me.

I'm not against sexual scenes or content. But I will never initiate them without your explicit consent and I expect the same from you. I'd like to talk about them first, mostly so we can set appropriate boundaries. If you are a minor, tell me, because I will not do them at all with you.

As for what I expect from you should we team up:

At least semi-advanced lit and a decent length in responses. I'm not expecting five or more paragraphs, by any means, and I do understand that sometimes there's a lull and just a few lines is going to happen, but I would like to avoid one-liners if at all possible. I'll match what you give me, eh?

If I vanish off the face of the earth and don't respond for more than three days, feel free to bug me! But if I don't respond by the end of the week, you can probably assume I left, but please don't take it personally. I have a habit of starting things and not keeping up with it, and I'm desperately trying to kick that.

Please don't god-mod. Don't control my characters. I won't control yours.

Let me know your limits before we start. If there's something you don't like and don't want to happen, tell me and I'll avoid it! I don't want to make you uncomfortable.

As for what I'm down for, I have a list of things and themes I like! That doesn't mean we have to do them, but if something appeals to you, too, then more the merrier!

• Modern magic/fantasy settings. High fantasy, urban fantasy, future fantasy. You name it, I love it.
  • Wizard/witch dicotomy.
  • D&D campaign setting (or D&D anything!), or World of Darkness (bear with me, because I'm only familiar with Vampire: The Masquerade from them).
  • Vampires/werewolves/supernatural creatures. Vampires are my ultimate weakness and anything with them absolutely delights me.
  • Action-based plot.
  • Again, I'm pretty open to most things, so if there's something else that you want to do not on this list, let me know and we'll figure something out!

As for fandoms, I only have a few, so forgive me if you're looking for a fandom-based RP.

Marvel (I've seen every movie but Endgame)
Final Fantasy XV (that's the only game I've played of the series, but I would die for it and the characters)
Full-Metal Alchemist
Critical Role (both campaigns I'm fully caught up on)
Supernatural (take this with a grain of salt because I haven't started season 13)

What I'm not into:

• Furries, Otherkin, Factkin. It's nothing personal at all, but I don't know enough about it to be comfortable, and it's just not an area of interest to me!
  • Incest, underage, condoning toxic or abusive relationships, or romanticizing unhealthy and/or destructive behaviors.
  • Asshole characters. I enjoy them as much as the next person, but if they don't have any clear, redeeming qualities, then I'm going to treat them like an asshole without exception.
  • Pure romance roleplays. Pairing characters up eventually is fine, but I do want to have an overall plot instead of just gunning for a relationship from the start.
  • Highschool AUs. I went through high school for four years and that was as much of that kind of content I need for the rest of my life. UNLESS the characters start in high school and the plot takes them away from that and doesn't at all focus on the actual school aspect of it, in which case, fine.
  • Historical or political-focused plots. I'm not a huge history buff, and while politics are fine in small doses, I don't want them being the main focus.

If you got all the way down here and believe I'm still a good fit for you, shoot me a PM! Let me know what you're interested in and who you are! If you want me to drop you a sample of my writing, let me know and I'm more than willing to, as long as you please do the same (though it isn't necessary if you don't really care and just want to get into it).

If you can't send a PM or don't want to for whatever reason, feel free to comment below!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back