• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Looking for Exalted 3E players

jaydude

Five Thousand Club
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hey all. I'm currently looking for two more players for an Exalted 3E game I'm running, ideally a Night Caste and an Eclipse Caste. In terms of plot, the Chronicle is pretty much open-ended, with what happens depending on what your characters want to do, and how the game world reacts to their actions. That being said, two of the characters in the game at the moment are planning to retake kingdoms conquered by hostile forces, which will no doubt have an impact on the story in the immediate future.

I'm open to anyone joining regardless of experience, and will help you however I can. And for the time being, I would prefer it if you would avoid starting off with custom Charms or Evocations, in order to avoid balancing issues.

I am always up for Exalted. Night Caste you say? I can probably come up with something for that. Anything special that I should know about the game or character creation besides no custom stuff?

Just to be clear, I'd be interested in this too. But I still have not wrapped my head around the latest edition. But I figure I know a few folks who might be interested. And if not, Esbilon Esbilon might be willing to carry me (again).

My rl is chaotic at the moment otherwise i would be very interested in this as a night caste myself.

I am always up for Exalted. Night Caste you say? I can probably come up with something for that. Anything special that I should know about the game or character creation besides no custom stuff?
Would love to have you aboard, Shirley. As for anything special, I'm planning to have this take place in the Scavenger Lands, and all the existing characters have 5xp from the story so far. Aside from that, I think I've covered all the important stuff in the first post of this thread.

Just to be clear, I'd be interested in this too. But I still have not wrapped my head around the latest edition. But I figure I know a few folks who might be interested. And if not, Esbilon Esbilon might be willing to carry me (again).
If you do decide to join, welcome aboard, and I'll try and help you as best as I can. This is only the second game of Exalted I've taken part in, and the first I've actually run, so I'm still getting to grips with things myself :).

My rl is chaotic at the moment otherwise i would be very interested in this as a night caste myself.
That's fine. If things manage to calm down a bit for you, feel free to contact me again.

Would love to have you aboard, Shirley. As for anything special, I'm planning to have this take place in the Scavenger Lands, and all the existing characters have 5xp from the story so far. Aside from that, I think I've covered all the important stuff in the first post of this thread.
Ok, I'll work on a character today, and should have a submission for you to look at in a bit.

If this is still open, I'd love to be involved! I've been roleplaying since 2015 in a wide variety of mediums, but I've never heard of something like this~ I'd have to assume it's DnD-esque, right? I've heard terms like 3E associated with DnD, but I could be totally wrong. Either way, I'm interested! If you're willing to put up with my lack of experience and knowledge of the RP system, I'm more than happy to bring decent writing, character building and storytelling whenever I can!

If you've got everyone you want, though, that's totally okay too.

If this is still open, I'd love to be involved! I've been roleplaying since 2015 in a wide variety of mediums, but I've never heard of something like this~ I'd have to assume it's DnD-esque, right? I've heard terms like 3E associated with DnD, but I could be totally wrong. Either way, I'm interested! If you're willing to put up with my lack of experience and knowledge of the RP system, I'm more than happy to bring decent writing, character building and storytelling whenever I can!

If you've got everyone you want, though, that's totally okay too.

Sure, I can squeeze you in. I'm still getting to grips with the system myself, so no need to worry too much on that front.

As for similarities to DnD, there are those, but it's also quite different. Exalted player characters are essentially demigods who start off with far greater powers and abilities than those of ordinary mortals, or a DnD starter character, so there's a lot more scope for what they can do. In terms of mechanics, Exalted only uses d10 dice, with your character's stats and abilities determining how many of those they get for each roll, and instead of trying to roll as high a number as you can, you have to roll successes, that is, results of 7 or higher. Also unlike DnD, the system's more skill-based than class-based, with a lot more freedom; you pick a "caste" early on that makes you more suited to a certain role, but beyond that it's really up to you what your character's good at.

Like to have a shot at it if there is a slot available. Crunching the 3E mechanics for 2 weeks...
Sorry, but I've already got five people, possibly six. Any more, I don't think I can handle.

Ah, okay.

Voidzero Voidzero , if you want, you can join us.
Sure. Though I must warn that I am newbie in Pbp, non-native English speaking and I don't know how you guys do all those cool formatting (like spoilers button) stuffs...
If my lackings are bearable, count me in and I am willing to learn. : )

We can help you. All you have to do is ask. Also, I have had a good run of time showing new players how the system works in other games, so it is not a big deal to show you the details and help you out.

Finally, I would be surprised if anyone here holds the fact that you are not a native English speaker against you. We have members coming to this site from across the globe.

We can help you. All you have to do is ask. Also, I have had a good run of time showing new players how the system works in other games, so it is not a big deal to show you the details and help you out.

Finally, I would be surprised if anyone here holds the fact that you are not a native English speaker against you. We have members coming to this site from across the globe.
Thank you for your encouragement.
Which caste the team needs right now? There seems to be a full solar circle at the moment.
Much apologies, please advice. Speed reading the posts at the moment to get myself up to speed.

At the risk of overpopulating us with Twilight concepts...

1. We have a Twilight who's mainly Craft and Lore.
2. My Eclipse is going to be a decent Sorcerer (though Sorcery is wide enough there's plenty of room for two Sorcerers, I'm mostly doing Summoning with it).
3. No one has a single dot of Medicine.

If you wanted to go the physician/healer route, it's a niche none of us have touched.

At the risk of overpopulating us with Twilight concepts...

1. We have a Twilight who's mainly Craft and Lore.
2. My Eclipse is going to be a decent Sorcerer (though Sorcery is wide enough there's plenty of room for two Sorcerers, I'm mostly doing Summoning with it).
3. No one has a single dot of Medicine.

If you wanted to go the physician/healer route, it's a niche none of us have touched.

Hmm...Something like that works?
Yang Xiao (杨逍)
A Northerner.... young physician sought the secret to immortality...met his sifu (Sidereal found him) who helped him Exalt. She also taught him Black claw MA (requires true feeling between Sifu and disciple)...And he fell in love...
She disappeared...
Now Yang is searching for his love...as he soon uncovers the great destiny , foretold by his sifu.

And if this is OK, which caste should be appropriate?
Twilight or ....

Last edited:
If you plan to make Medicine your Supernal, yes, Twilight is the only choice. But if you plan to have a different Supernal, choose whatever catches your fancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back