• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Punkie

Gaymer Enthusiast
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hi!

Some quick info about me before I begin:

- 22 year old girl
- I've been role playing for about 12 years now, and I'm currently working on a minor in literature, so I've going to be literate/advanced literate
- I like to RP on Discord, but I'm not exclusively looking for that, so I'm cool with doing it here too!

Anyways, I had this idea for a roleplay that is sort of a space adventure. I feel like it's probably similar to something like The Outer Worlds, but I haven't played that game yet so I can't tell for certain.

The universe is one that is riddled with corrupt capitalist themes, where the government is something on the borderline of being a dystopian, and are likely hiding a lot of secrets and scandals. Anyone who tries to question this or fight it is in for a bad time; perhaps they aren't killed or jailed, but the harder you make things for the authority, the harder they're going to make things for you.

Your character is an older man, one who is a scientist/engineer of sorts. I feel like his character would be inspired by characters like Asher Mir from Destiny, or Phineas Wells from The Outer Worlds. He's been trying to figure something out... it could be that he's trying to figure out how to tear down and expose the government, try to solve some of the conspiracies/scandals, or something else. The point is that he hates the bootlicking society and wants to end it. Because of his attempts, he's now on a lot of lists, a lot of wanted posters, and is someone who usually has to keep himself in hiding to avoid any conflict.

My character is a young teen who was born on a rough planet as an orphan. She was brought into a small hideout known as Sanctuary, where she grew up with other orphans. Sanctuary, though a safe place for her to grow up, is a place filled with criminals on the planet; thieves, bandits , etc. The children that grow up there learn how to fight and fend for themselves. She left Sanctuary and went on her own, untrusting and bitter toward anyone she meets. She's the kind of kid that thinks she'd got it all figured out, that doesn't think she needs anyone's help, and refuses to associate herself with any group.

The idea for this roleplay is that somehow, the two end up meeting. Likely something along the lines where she ends up stuck with him, and starts off with acting like she despises him. He's a lonely scientist who hasn't had any contact with people in a long time, and she's a bitter child who trusts no one and has never experienced real family before. They both end up working well together - he has many skills when it comes to being a genius, an inventor and a scientist, but likely needs help when it comes to knowing things in society. Since she's grown up in the life of crime, she likely has a lot of random knowledge about certain groups and symbols, as well as savvy street skills.

Essentially, the roleplay is an adventure between these two, who end up working together to tear down the government. They start off as two characters who don't get along very well, but slowly they grow on each other and have something like a father/daughter kind of platonic family relationship. It's a roleplay with lots of development, attention to detail and emotion. Something with adventure, action and drama, but also a lot of emotional themes like angst and bonding.

If you're interested in something like this, please let me know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back