• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Looking for a DM/GM for a One on One Xenonauts Roleplay

XorianGeth

Hey people.

I'm currently looking for a DM/GM to run a One on 'One' Xenonauts roleplay. While I am looking to play in the general canon, I do wish to make some modifications to the lore, aesthetic and the like. You don't need to be knowledgeable on Xenonauts as I'm fine with a DM/GM winging it off wiki articles and what they can homebrew up on the spot.

What I am looking for
Right now I am looking for a DM to run a campaign set within the Xenonauts universe. The core concept is essentially a solo recon operative sent into various missions primarly to scout out and investigate things without the heavy-hand that the assault team normally brings. This means exploring crashed UFO sites, landed UFOs, alien bases and outposts and so on. While the general premise is a broad recon, I am looking also to adapt to the situation. If she sneaks onto a UFO for example, what if it takes off if she doesn't get out after a while and she has to 'survive' in the alien fleet? Or she finds wounded survivors and doesn't shoot them instantly? I'm hoping to explore more 'two sides of a story' style thing, i.e potentially defecting and turning it into a alien-squad campaign.

The Character
My character for this would likely be a female Xenonaut operative, Sapphire. They're a bit naive but a firm believer in 'two sides to the same story' and everyone being the hero of their own, thus they would be unlikely to finish off/execute any wounded aliens or the like, and potentially be open for discussion over shooting. Of course this is pretty bare bones and if you have any requests/suggestions I'd be open to them.

The System
I have no real preference on what system is used, but I do not really know many and would need help to make a character sheet and adopt into it. I have my own custom system that is light-weight that I was thinking of potentially using if the DM/GM wants to, it's very flexible. When a action is done, both the player and GM/DM roll a 1d100 and the GM adds/takes away based off modifiers applicable to the situation and whoever rolls higher wins.

Changes to the Lore/Aesthetic of Xenonauts
While Xenonauts is vague about lore and the like in general, there is some changes I wanted to make to the established lore to make the RP a bit more flexible and enjoyable for both parties.

1) I would like to remove the drone/cardboard cutout element to the aliens. Therefore I would like to ask that aliens are turned into individuals. They each have their own opinons, thoughts, wishes and the like, albeit obviously exposed to heavy propaganda/brainwashing while growing up in the unnamed Alien Empire. This means there could be a variety of situations instead of just run and gun. She could sneak up on a alien and hold it hostage and it might fight back, or surrender, or threaten her, or try to coax her to surrender or so on.

2) Expansion of 'ingame' content. Basically alien structures would be a bit more logical, such as barracks, gyms, mess halls and so on instead of just rooms for you to fight in. Along with this, instead of it being 'Alien Combat Rifle' it could be actually named for the aliens and there might be other variants. Also, custom ranks and such, such as a Harridan medic, or a Wraith engineer or so on.

3) More realistic outfits/equipment. Sort of ties into the previous one, basically give aliens proper equipment/aesthetic. All of them would be in uniform/jumpsuits and not just a vest. Lower ranks would wear helmets and not just officers. All races would have boots designed for them and so on. Just more practical thinking.

4) Potential communication. A big one, in the established lore all the aliens communicate through radio waves. I'd like to change it so that all aliens know English for tactical reasons, and that the alien language is a learnable one even by a human, opening pathways both in potential defection, and espionage.

And that's pretty much the main changes I want to see made to the lore/aesthetics of the established universe. If you're interested in DM/GMing this, hit me up in this thread and we'll see about setting it up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back