• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Lightfall [Pathfinder]

The Will

???

???

The Will is the cornerstone of the southern pantheon.  Unknowable, unthinkable, yet everywhere.  The World was first created by The Will, soon followed by the gods, the celestials, and soon after humanity.  However, after man committed the first sin, The Will shattered The World into the planes of existence we know today.

Few people pray to The Will, simply because it is so far beyond our understanding.  Many people have lived and died trying to understand The Will and find why The World was created, but with little success.  Few people beyond priests and monks think much about The Will.

Marina

Law, Protection, Good, Death

Lawful Good

Marina is the goddess of life, death, and the boundary between worlds.  She was the 1st child of the Will, who created the sun and heavens over the World.  However, after The Will shattered the World, Marina prevented the fragments from destroying one another by creating the boundary between them.  She is often depicted as a woman in a white dress with short hair.

Following the rise of the Umbral Dragon, there are few who do not pray to Marina.  Some pray to her to take them to Paradise when they die, while others pray to her to keep them safe from the horrors that exist beyond the material world.  While most priests are unarmed, Marina has many paladins that bear longswords and shields.

Some people believe that Torol was Marina’s herald, though no one can say for sure.

Iolas

Plant, Healing, Water, Love

Chaotic Good

Iolas is the goddess of love, fertility, and harvests.  She was the 2nd child of the Will, and the goddess who first blew life into the World.  She is often depicted as a beautiful woman with flowers sprouting from within her hair.  She is also sometimes depicted as the lover of Daviso.

She is typically worshipped by farmers, lovers, and doctors.  Prayers are normally done at dawn and just before any meal, thanking both Iolas and whatever plants or animals gave their life for the food.  Priests tend to carry at least one knife with them, as a knife has far more uses outside of combat than other weapons.

Daviso

Luck, Lust, Travel, Weather

True Neutral

Daviso is the god of wealth, weather, and art.  He was the 3rd child of the Will, who first set the skies and seas into motion.  He is often depicted as a handsome young man with short hair and dressed in luxurious robes.  While he is non-violent, he is sometimes shown with a spear or glaive.  He is also sometimes depicted as the lover of Iolas.

He is often worshipped by merchants, adventurers, artists, and thieves.  These prayers are often done to a single coin, which are then left out on roads or tables.

Scathatch

Evil, Destruction, Knowledge, Darkness

Lawful Evil

Scatatch is the goddess of nights, darkness, and evil.  She was the 4th child of the Will, who created the moon to shine in the darkness of night.  However, she lost faith in man after they committed the first sin.  She is either depicted as a curvaceous woman in a black gown by her worshippers or a monsterous, goat-legged woman by other southern priests.

She is rarely worshipped anymore, though her hatred for humanity attracts many non-humans, along with murders and other power-hungry worshipers.  Those who pray to her must pray either at night or in a dark room with no light.  Humans must also denounce their own humanity.  Many of her priests carry maces with them.

Barjol

War, Strength, Nobility, Judgement.

Lawful Good

Barjol is the god of war, nobility, and honor.  He was the 5th child of the Will, who gave the first king the strength to rule over his people.  Following the first sin, he was forced to fight Scathatch and cast her into the Abyss to prevent her from destroying what remained of the World.  He is often depicted in full armor, though he is sometimes shown to be a large, muscular man with long hair and a large beard.  However, he is rarely shown without a greatsword in his hands.

He is often worshipped by soldiers, knights, and aristocrats.  Prayers are done to a warrior’s weapon rather than to Barjol; so long as you swear to fight honorably and to protect the weak, he will hear you.

A few people believe that Torol was Barjol’s herald, but this is an unpopular idea.

Boom, NOW you can think a bit about divine stuff.  These are the gods that are most popular in Aliech and the western desert.

Scathatch, an evil goddess.

First i've heard that name used for something evil. And not depicted with a spear or as a instructor of the martial arts.

Alright, I'll see what i can do.

Really?  I thought I was just being lazy; It's literally just irish for "Shadow"

Aye, Scathatch the warrior maiden/shield maiden is a legendary figure in celtic tales. mainly due to her tutelage of Cu chulainn who in turn learns a great deal from her... and as tales tend to go, screws alot of things up. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scáthach

She is more or less a neutral figure, not to good, and not to evil, often depicted as a beautiful red haired warrior, wielding the spear gae bolg before she had gifted it to Cu Chulainn. 

if the names seem confusing to ya'll blame gaelic, its the hardest language to learn if you already know english.

Bleh.  Welp, maybe I should come up with a better name once I post the full list.

up to you, i just thought it was funny to see there. 

just a name, not gona lose shit over it :^P

I am a towering volcano of rage at the name of that god, burning with the white-hot fire of ten thousand exploding suns.

In other words, I'm cool with it. :D

Yah... it seems a bit cheap, tbh.  One of the things that balanced 2 weapon fighting was that you needed DEX to use it well, but that took away from your STR and therefore damage per hit.  That way, it was a balancing act between getting in more hits, hitting hard, and still being accurate.  Having it all based on Strength would nullify that; you'd have all 3 in one fell swoop.

Also, the southern gods (plus one... thing) is pretty much done.  Just need the northern, eastern, and etc. gods.  Also, is anyone interested in making an oriental character?  Because if not, I'm gonna skip those gods for now.

i've finally settled on one, class will be samurai but I'd like to run this archtype through you first. http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/alternate-classes/samurai/archetypes/rite-publishing---samurai-archetypes/shogun-samurai-archetype it's either this one or a sword saint... if I don't feel like having a horsie.

It seemed like fun to me really. yea don't need to do the oriental gods now, probably wont make the character focused on the gods to much anyways. 

if you wnat to, i'm game, but if not, don't sweat it. 

So, do we have an ETA for this event?  I'm anxious to get going.

I wouldn't say I'm not excited as well, just something to expect would be nice. If things are tough going thats all good. 

Hey, back guys.  Sorry, had to take care of a bunch of things and let this slip by for a bit.  But I'm back now, I have... most of the world done.  I'll add a lore thread later, but for now here's the sign-up;

Additionally, for those curious, here's a naming convention thing.  This is mostly for humans, but some other races follow it too.  I'll have a map up later when the lore thread is up.

• Aliech: Irish, Gaelic, and Old English.  Hebrew is also common in the east, near the desert.
  • Purbala: Spanish
  • Reichtum: German
  • Basilus: English and Latin
  • Basilus-Vedino: Russian, though English and Latin are somewhat common in people under the age of 20
  • Fiore: Italian and French
  • Draak Desert Territories: African and Hebrew, becoming more Islamic in the north-east.
  • Mahakam: Dwarven
  • Orcvan:  ...Orcish.  Duh.
  • Rongxing: Chinese

Hey, back guys.  Sorry, had to take care of a bunch of things and let this slip by for a bit.  But I'm back now, I have... most of the world done.  I'll add a lore thread later, but for now here's the sign-up;

Additionally, for those curious, here's a naming convention thing.  This is mostly for humans, but some other races follow it too.  I'll have a map up later when the lore thread is up.

• Aliech: Irish, Gaelic, and Old English.  Hebrew is also common in the east, near the desert.
  • Basilus-Vedino: Russian, though English and Latin are somewhat common in people under the age of 20
  • Draak Desert Territories: African and Hebrew, becoming more Islamic in the north-east.

*Squeals of excitement* 

Ah, I had lost faith abit, no offence to you but pf has never been an easy beast to get moving on this site...

Nah, it's fine.  Understandable, considering I kind of poofed for a week.  Don't worry though, I should be back daily now.  Just getting used to my new schedule.

Nah, it's fine.  Understandable, considering I kind of poofed for a week.  Don't worry though, I should be back daily now.  Just getting used to my new schedule.

school eh?

I'll be back into it next week, should be fun! < is not at all sarcastic and loves his schooling.

Oh yea, your thoughts on that 3rd party archetype? For samurai? I can rummage it up again if you don't want to dive into the pages. 

And just as a thing, maybe mention the others in a post or soemthing, just to shake them out of their holes. 

School plus getting a new job in the same week.  Good luck though!

Samurai and shogun are fine skill-wise.  Though, why is a shogun-style character here?  Most of the game is being played on the Mazeron continent, and while I'm not against Rongxing characters, it just strikes me as a bit odd.  So if you have a good backstory or reason, sure.

School plus getting a new job in the same week.  Good luck though!

Samurai and shogun are fine skill-wise.  Though, why is a shogun-style character here?  Most of the game is being played on the Mazeron continent, and while I'm not against Rongxing characters, it just strikes me as a bit odd.  So if you have a good backstory or reason, sure.

Hmmm.... a good question, I shall think on it as I go about it. Though, is there a link to the world description? or does the new system run differently and it's elsewhere? has me so confused on whats where these days. 

@Sherwood @TacoMann @Vaneheart Seems were up and at em! 

Cool deal. I have my thief ready to roll out. All I need is the forum up for me to post it.

Again, the character sign up IS up.  I JUST posted it, it's just the lore tab that isn't up.

Seriously guys, read my posts xD

Again, the character sign up IS up.  I JUST posted it, it's just the lore tab that isn't up.

Seriously guys, read my posts xD

i was more confused into the fact it wasn't tied to a large thread thing yea know? Sorry if it seemed like I didn't read... 

Like how you could from the main part go into a forum where you can make threads, go back and then navigate towards say... an ooc or main rp thread or lore. I knew you weren't finished, i was just confused thats all, if it's not all done, it's not all done. 

I just wanted to clarify, didn't mean to seem rude. 

Was speaking more to Sher, but I understand.  I feel like this update has been more of a downdate >.>

Was speaking more to Sher, but I understand.  I feel like this update has been more of a downdate >.>

Were all still learning the new system, so yea.. kinda is annoying. 

Well do you have anything you'd like to see in the character sheet now that i have you? aside from reasoning why the hell the Samurai is off wandering the world? 

A personality and a backstory.  Doesn't need to be super detailed, as long as I get a good feel for the character.  Making interesting situations is easier when you know what kind of character you're making it for.  Also some world consistency; you wouldn't expect someone from Basilus to pray to Aliech gods without ever having been introduced to it by some foreigner.

A personality and a backstory.  Doesn't need to be super detailed, as long as I get a good feel for the character.  Making interesting situations is easier when you know what kind of character you're making it for.  Also some world consistency; you wouldn't expect someone from Basilus to pray to Aliech gods without ever having been introduced to it by some foreigner.

Sure, sounds good. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back