• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Lightfall [Pathfinder]

A post about nations? In truth I never seen one detailing such...

Depends on where you are.  They don't have firearms in the northern kingdoms, and magitech weapons are pretty expensive, so swords and bows are far more popular.  There's no magitech if you go even further north into the Dwarven kingdoms, so they're used far more frequently there.  In Aliech, firearms and ammo are still mildly expensive.  They're more popular farther away from large cities, where it's hard to get more advanced weapons in stock and weapon control laws are harder to uphold.  Some nobles, knights, and paladins serving the church also carry medieval weapons, but that's more of a tradition thing.  There's also the free city-states to the east, which kinda do and don't have laws...?  They don't have the right resources to make gunpowder, though, so guns are way more expensive there.  Magitech's also a thing there, due to a mineral that's found in some fossilized remains called Almasis.  Though since they don't have a lot of people with the proper know-how, there still aren't that many Magitech weapons available.  Fiore, an island country west of the continent, uses both firearms and medieval weaponry; they're famous for their undefeated gun-spear division.  Though the dictatorship there makes it impossible for any citizen to legally own a weapon outside the military.  There's an island controlled by orcs on the north-eastern sea too... I probably don't have to tell you that swords are quite popular there.

...also, before you ask, they did try to make gunblades in Fiore.  It hasn't worked so far; the weight and balance is so weird it's impossible to aim or shoot without cutting yourself.

But yah, I understand weird working schedules.  I'm just stating my own preference; I can do either, but let's wait on more people before we figure it out.

Third post I made, and it's on the first page.

Forgot to add there is an oriental nation far to the south, though not much is known about it and communication is fairly limited between the continents.

Last edited by a moderator:
Third post I made, and it's on the first page.

Forgot to add there is an oriental nation far to the south, though not much is known about it and communication is fairly limited between the continents.

Aye just saw it, the part with the weapon didn't seem to important at the time. In truth looking at it the weapon is a Piercing axe/hammer musket, but with it's classification as spear as well some fun can be had with certain feats. 

Though... to go through gunslinger or fighter... that's the question.

Well, no matter what the setting is, a good thief is always useful.  So I'm sticking with my build.

Well, no matter what the setting is, a good thief is always useful.  So I'm sticking with my build.

Good thinking, I'm just as indecisive as a crow with two loaves of bread.

So what would the starting Level/Point Buy/Gold be? Or are we doing a Level 1- Honest rolls startup?

So what would the starting Level/Point Buy/Gold be? Or are we doing a Level 1- Honest rolls startup?

it's either 20 points or roll, starting gold is standard for class(or you know, rich parents)

Level 1 yo

Welp. Money is no object for me anyways! Vows of Poverty, Celibacy, and Fasting leave little to need :D

Welp. Money is no object for me anyways! Vows of Poverty, Celibacy, and Fasting leave little to need :D

thats alot of extra ki. 

Also, that signature... do we call you papataco now?

I AM THE ALLMOTHERFATHER.

MOMDAD.

DADMOM

MOMMYPAPPY.

Yeah no I've accepted that- Wanna know what I'm like IRL? I'm a live action version of Ranka Fujioka.

I AM THE ALLMOTHERFATHER.

MOMDAD.

DADMOM

MOMMYPAPPY.

Yeah no I've accepted that- Wanna know what I'm like IRL? I'm a live action version of Ranka Fujioka.

Glorious~!

Wish i knew Ouran, but hey, i get yea. 

I'm still torn left right and center on what to build...

No, like, it was weird. Watch Ouran and- First time I watch it, I was wearing the exact same outfit Haruhi's dad is introduce in.

IT FREAKED ME THE FUCK OUT.- Also. How about a gunslinger built around using crossbows? Or an arcanist who uses shotguns? or a Paladin of Bahamut?

*Shrug*

No, like, it was weird. Watch Ouran and- First time I watch it, I was wearing the exact same outfit Haruhi's dad is introduce in.

IT FREAKED ME THE FUCK OUT.- Also. How about a gunslinger built around using crossbows? Or an arcanist who uses shotguns? or a Paladin of Bahamut?

*Shrug*

Man i've been all over the place, from shooty, to choppy, you name it. 

So far for classes with divine stuff @Hanakai said she'll be giving us a gods list soon, so i figured i'd wait on those ideas.

I'm leaning towards alchemist, or maybe a fighter that uses a mix of swords and guns.

A switch hitter isn't a bad plan, espeacally with guns being martial, though I wonder if shes using the commonplace guns rule, meaning the prices are down to roughly 25% of the listed cost. 

Still costs three arms and 4 legs, but still. 

Man i've been all over the place, from shooty, to choppy, you name it. 

So far for classes with divine stuff @Hanakai said she'll be giving us a gods list soon, so i figured i'd wait on those ideas.

From what I understand, you have some time to figure out your character, since our ST is waiting to have all the materials ready to go before opening up the forum.

From what I understand, you have some time to figure out your character, since our ST is waiting to have all the materials ready to go before opening up the forum.

aye, but I'm bangin' my head against a wall trying to drag a idea out of my skull.

perhaps I'll figure soemthing from  the endless piles of unused character art i have.

What's ST stand for?  Also, gods should be done tonight.

story teller, pretty much another abbreviation for GM. 

Atleast thats what i think.

And yay~!

story teller, pretty much another abbreviation for GM. 

Atleast thats what i think.

And yay~!

Yup, ST is short for Storyteller.  Looking forward to seeing this game take off.  Thanks for running it!

I kinda miss my dwarf barbarian, Kazrik.  He seemed fun.  Wouldn't work well in this setting though.

I kinda miss my dwarf barbarian, Kazrik.  He seemed fun.  Wouldn't work well in this setting though.

He might.  A lot of the dwarves retreated to the north and closed off their country when technology started taking off.  Technologically, Mahakam's the closest place you'll get to a 'medieval' setting, since they distrust both gadgetry and magitech.  There are still some elves that live up there though.

And no problem, it's my pleasure!  Been wanting to do this for a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
I might look at doing that then.  I'd have to retool him a little, since he's using the third party feat "Prodigious Two Weapon Fighting," which lets him use Strength for two-weapon requirements, unless you don't care about it.

Yah... it seems a bit cheap, tbh.  One of the things that balanced 2 weapon fighting was that you needed DEX to use it well, but that took away from your STR and therefore damage per hit.  That way, it was a balancing act between getting in more hits, hitting hard, and still being accurate.  Having it all based on Strength would nullify that; you'd have all 3 in one fell swoop.

Also, the southern gods (plus one... thing) is pretty much done.  Just need the northern, eastern, and etc. gods.  Also, is anyone interested in making an oriental character?  Because if not, I'm gonna skip those gods for now.

The Will

???

???

The Will is the cornerstone of the southern pantheon.  Unknowable, unthinkable, yet everywhere.  The World was first created by The Will, soon followed by the gods, the celestials, and soon after humanity.  However, after man committed the first sin, The Will shattered The World into the planes of existence we know today.

Few people pray to The Will, simply because it is so far beyond our understanding.  Many people have lived and died trying to understand The Will and find why The World was created, but with little success.  Few people beyond priests and monks think much about The Will.

Marina

Law, Protection, Good, Death

Lawful Good

Marina is the goddess of life, death, and the boundary between worlds.  She was the 1st child of the Will, who created the sun and heavens over the World.  However, after The Will shattered the World, Marina prevented the fragments from destroying one another by creating the boundary between them.  She is often depicted as a woman in a white dress with short hair.

Following the rise of the Umbral Dragon, there are few who do not pray to Marina.  Some pray to her to take them to Paradise when they die, while others pray to her to keep them safe from the horrors that exist beyond the material world.  While most priests are unarmed, Marina has many paladins that bear longswords and shields.

Some people believe that Torol was Marina’s herald, though no one can say for sure.

Iolas

Plant, Healing, Water, Love

Chaotic Good

Iolas is the goddess of love, fertility, and harvests.  She was the 2nd child of the Will, and the goddess who first blew life into the World.  She is often depicted as a beautiful woman with flowers sprouting from within her hair.  She is also sometimes depicted as the lover of Daviso.

She is typically worshipped by farmers, lovers, and doctors.  Prayers are normally done at dawn and just before any meal, thanking both Iolas and whatever plants or animals gave their life for the food.  Priests tend to carry at least one knife with them, as a knife has far more uses outside of combat than other weapons.

Daviso

Luck, Lust, Travel, Weather

True Neutral

Daviso is the god of wealth, weather, and art.  He was the 3rd child of the Will, who first set the skies and seas into motion.  He is often depicted as a handsome young man with short hair and dressed in luxurious robes.  While he is non-violent, he is sometimes shown with a spear or glaive.  He is also sometimes depicted as the lover of Iolas.

He is often worshipped by merchants, adventurers, artists, and thieves.  These prayers are often done to a single coin, which are then left out on roads or tables.

Scathatch

Evil, Destruction, Knowledge, Darkness

Lawful Evil

Scatatch is the goddess of nights, darkness, and evil.  She was the 4th child of the Will, who created the moon to shine in the darkness of night.  However, she lost faith in man after they committed the first sin.  She is either depicted as a curvaceous woman in a black gown by her worshippers or a monsterous, goat-legged woman by other southern priests.

She is rarely worshipped anymore, though her hatred for humanity attracts many non-humans, along with murders and other power-hungry worshipers.  Those who pray to her must pray either at night or in a dark room with no light.  Humans must also denounce their own humanity.  Many of her priests carry maces with them.

Barjol

War, Strength, Nobility, Judgement.

Lawful Good

Barjol is the god of war, nobility, and honor.  He was the 5th child of the Will, who gave the first king the strength to rule over his people.  Following the first sin, he was forced to fight Scathatch and cast her into the Abyss to prevent her from destroying what remained of the World.  He is often depicted in full armor, though he is sometimes shown to be a large, muscular man with long hair and a large beard.  However, he is rarely shown without a greatsword in his hands.

He is often worshipped by soldiers, knights, and aristocrats.  Prayers are done to a warrior’s weapon rather than to Barjol; so long as you swear to fight honorably and to protect the weak, he will hear you.

A few people believe that Torol was Barjol’s herald, but this is an unpopular idea.

Boom, NOW you can think a bit about divine stuff.  These are the gods that are most popular in Aliech and the western desert.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back