• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Kineticsyngery

Hi Hi! So, I thought it would be fun for a group of us to sort of... "create" an anime. This makes it necessary for anyone who wants to join to be:
familiar with anime in general and it's tropes
cooperative and open to ideas of all sorts
understanding that a trope of anime is "one main hero/heroine" and side characters with their own unique arcs.

THIS ROLEPLAY WOULD BE A GROUP EFFORT.
Again, cooperative and open minded people. Despite how great your idea there is no guarantee it will be used in an established group canon.
---
Okay okay so, what exactly would we be doing? Roleplaying and forming an anime of our own!
this includes, as a group, debating and deciding:
Genre, general plot, main arcs, minor arcs, world canon, etc.

How demanding will it be of our time?
It'll be a casual roleplay but obviously the more you're there the more your word, character, etc. will be involved and taken into account! If you don't have a lot of time but want to be a part of it still, feel free to be a small character and just keep up with the lore.

Platform?
So, I've put this thread in the general group interest check so I'm not AGAINST doing this on RPNation but I'm less familiar with it.
so, let's start our group decision making process with:
RPN or Discord?​

Question: What degree of planning are you hoping for here?
continuous. Most of the story and stuff will rely on the roleplay but certain elements need t9 he decided and planned on. Like lore/canon that shouldn't be up to one person to decide on the spot in the roleplay

continuous. Most of the story and stuff will rely on the roleplay but certain elements need t9 he decided and planned on. Like lore/canon that shouldn't be up to one person to decide on the spot in the roleplay
I see, I see. That being the case then, I wish you the best of luck with the roleplay :)

yeah xD what type of anime (though tbh imma probs join no matter what lool)

The whole point is to be a group and interact as a group.
Yeah, I get that but I don't really want to sit and plan a bunch of stuff for this rp only to drop out because this turned into a harem thing.

It's better for everyone if I join after the genre have been decided.

I'm curious, but

a. I'm with Zipper Man in that I want to know the genre first cause, y'know, there are definitely some anime genres I don't like *cough*harem*cough*.

b. If it is on discord I will be completely unable to join.

So... I guess I'll be watching for now to see what decisions are made.

As what others have said, you should probably decide on the genre first and foremost. Anime isn't a monolith, (or at least it wasn't before isekai and harem series made it big) and it can't be both Tokyo Ghoul and Little Witch Academia at the same time. So maybe put that in the polls and shelf the "on-site vs discord" for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back