• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Whelp, ya'll have fun, i'mma go die for a few hours.

See yea when I rise again.

update: despite getting distracted with some videos the lore reading has been pretty damn fun. Also poor chaolong!

Also sleep weeell
Glad ya enjoyed.

Sleep well!

Momshula quechon; Do knives used for tricks count as weapons or personal equipment stuffus??
Good quechon. If it is used to harm or kill, it is considered a weapon. Personal equipment slot 1 and 2 on the sheet pertains to things like a good luck charm or any off-hand items.
Wouldn't want one individual to hoard a backpack full of AR-15s and AKs.

Glad ya enjoyed.

Good quechon. If it is used to harm or kill, it is considered a weapon. Personal equipment slot 1 and 2 on the sheet pertains to things like a good luck charm or any off-hand items.
Wouldn't want one individual to hoard a backpack full of AR-15s and AKs.
But its my safety M4A1 : (

I know a few words that make people take psychic damage for certain.

I think I may have hit a stroke of genius with the baqi?? I wanted to make the character have started with a style not that fitting to them, but modified with their own skill and self-evaluation to be more fitting with time

Starting with water aligned and then shifting into expertise (Metal).

Liquid metal! mercury, mercurial, the idea of sudden shifts in mood or mind.

I swear sometimes character ideas just unravel themselves lmao

I think I may have hit a stroke of genius with the baqi?? I wanted to make the character have started with a style not that fitting to them, but modified with their own skill and self-evaluation to be more fitting with time

I mean technically according to the Wu Xing elemental system you’re supposed to transition from Metal to Water :V

Techniques vary, and that's great.
But the Wu Xing element will be definite once you choose one. This has to do with compatibility for certain sidequests in the future that requires cooperation between certain chars picked for the job.

As a side point, I would like to say that not all chars will have their stats adjusted accordingly. Prime example being Dao Chaolong with low expertise. So you need not follow the norms of having a high stat for an element. In fact, you can have a strategist that can react quickly (high Instinct) but has a hard time coming up with a long-term battleplan (low Cunning).

Ohhh. Very duly noted on that fact. And it does make sense considering how the stats work u.u

oh and what i meant by liquid metal is not really water + metal. But just Metal that has some leftover/remaining properties of its start due to the variation! But still most certainly metal in the end.

Ohhh. Very duly noted on that fact. And it does make sense considering how the stats work u.u

oh and what i meant by liquid metal is not really water + metal. But just Metal that has some leftover/remaining properties of its start due to the variation! But still most certainly metal in the end.
Ah. Far as fundamental elements in magic is concerned, your Baqi techniques does not have to adhere by your character's Wu Xing. The Wu Xing works both as a compatibility system and my way of classifying the court roles/professions to keep it simple for us. So yes, your idea is plausible to carry out. o7

Ah. Far as fundamental elements in magic is concerned, your Baqi techniques does not have to adhere by your character's Wu Xing. The Wu Xing works both as a compatibility system and my way of classifying the court roles/professions to keep it simple for us. So yes, your idea is plausible to carry out. o7
Btw, how exactly does the strengths/weaknesses aspect of the Wu Xing work in terms of compatability?

also what kind of compatibility we talking here, this has shipping chart implications

Btw, how exactly does the strengths/weaknesses aspect of the Wu Xing work in terms of compatability?

~~also what kind of compatibility we talking here, this has shipping chart implications~~
Story/interaction determined mostly. As for compatibility, certain tasks will require certain elements. Say if a research is underway, and it needs a Fire and Water chars for the job, the ones with those elements will be the candidates for the detail by default. For example, a Tuntian garrison system will require a Wood and Fire chars to work together to complete the task.

Story/interaction determined mostly. As for compatibility, certain tasks will require certain elements. Say if a research is underway, and it needs a Fire and Water chars for the job, the ones with those elements will be the candidates for the detail by default. For example, a Tuntian garrison system will require a Wood and Fire chars to work together to complete the task.
Aha, gotcha. Something like building a harbor would take Metal/Water, and so on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back