• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Is it Halloween yet? [ monster high school ]

mikaluvkitties

Professional Unicorn Lover
If I do this formally, I'll die, so let's get to it!

Swampwood High is a high school rp with a twist- All the students are monsters of the variety you'd find in a Halloween movie! In this world, monsters aren't hiding, and humans are cryptids that you SWEAR your cousin saw eating out of the trash once.

The roleplay would center around the cultural event of Spirit Week, which is Halloweeny in feel if not actual performance. Families found and born alike come together across wide stretches of land to spend a week celebrating unity and existence. There's sweets and small gift exchanges as well as tons of dancing and, at the end as a kind of cap-off, a masquerade ball.

Couple of things: I will be vetoing certain monsters. My reasons may be arbitrary or they may not be. If you're worried, feel free to ask me about your idea ahead of time. If I tell you no, feel free to ask why. Also, gender and sexuality do not exist in this universe the same way they do in ours. Get funky with it- They're monsters!!!

EDIT: Magic is innate to the setting, so while you can play a witch, you cannot play a human witch. This is also going to be light-hearted, maybe even veering into actually comedic. No sirens, no succubi/incubi.

CS is here

RULES:
- Post once a week
- Listen to me and my co-mod elytra elytra
- At least two paragraphs of three lines on computer per character per post
- Have as many characters as you'd like
- Let's try not to have any drama, but if you really have an issue with someone, contact one of the mods.

Last edited:
Hey! I'm totally interested in this! Sounds like soooo much fun and I'm in severe need of some Halloween vibes right now!

Reminds me of Monster Prom, which I just recently found out about.

Sounds freaky fun. I'm pretty sure I'm in. Maybe with a Medusa-esque character??

Reminds me of Monster Prom, which I just recently found out about.

Sounds freaky fun. I'm pretty sure I'm in. Maybe with a Medusa-esque character??
I'm glad you think so :D Medusa-esque will probably work. Just keep mashability in mind and you should be fun :p

What about SCP-049?
F!!! While I'm not entirely down the a wholesale SCP-049, I do adore the idea of a plague doctor-esque monster. If you wanna create some lore for that, keeping mashability as always in mind, I'd be totally down.

F!!! While I'm not entirely down the a wholesale SCP-049, I do adore the idea of a plague doctor-esque monster. If you wanna create some lore for that, keeping mashability as always in mind, I'd be totally down.
That's simple, he's a [REDACTED]

I was wondering if I could be a hannya? They are a type of female demon (kijo) from Japanese folklore!

Just got a plague doc tattoo, the spooky cravings are coming in HOT this year! This sounds interesting for sure
Excellent! :D

Can I be a witch?

~Selena
As long as you're not a human witch. I've been imagining magic as innate to monsters in the setting, so it's more a hobby than a species.

I was wondering if I could be a hannya? They are a type of female demon (kijo) from Japanese folklore!
Sure! As long as you're respectful about it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back