• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Into the Ruins - Exalted 3e OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Also, even though you killed my big bad guy before he had the chance to rise up and get busy with you, I'll grant you some xp. Everyone gets 5 regular points and 5 Lunar/Solar xp. The totals have already been added to the xp tracker in the Character thread.

Also, even though you killed my big bad guy before he had the chance to rise up and get busy with you, I'll grant you some xp. Everyone gets 5 regular points and 5 Lunar/Solar xp. The totals have already been added to the xp tracker in the Character thread.
Woohoo!

I'm banking my regular points for more Charms, but some of my Solar xp has gone to increase my Thrown Ability to 3, with two points left over.

Rolling with a willpower point tossed in for the extra success.

A total of seven successes
since you are the one directly in front of the three remaining cultists, you can see that they are a pair of men and one woman, all appearing to be in their mid forties, and they are totally cowed at the moment, and from the smell of things, at least one has voided their bladder in their robes.

Seven successes? Now all three of them need a change of underwear! =)

<insert GIF of brown pants here. Then again, let's not. Hah!>

Now, just to be clear on something that I confess that I missed earlier. The guy that was stomped on by Fat Cat is quite dead and squished, so unless you have a necromancer in your pocket, you won't get any details from him.

Now, just to be clear on something that I confess that I missed earlier. The guy that was stomped on by Fat Cat is quite dead and squished, so unless you have a necromancer in your pocket, you won't get any details from him.
Thanks for clearing that up.

Psychie Psychie Ah, I have a problem with this. This is your game. Consider this whole post just me venting - I am not asking for you to change your ways or your game. You're the boss here, as always. But this is not cool.

I get that you missed it. No problem there. However, I don't feel it's fair to dock us* for your mistake. Why?

1. My peaceful jungle-born raised by peaceful people just killed a guy he didn't mean to kill...

2. ... and there is not a damn thing I can do about it. Through no fault of my own and no dice involvement, he's dead and my character did it. O Mighty Fat Cat is under the impression that these cultists are townspeople. Right or wrong, he's just killed somebody he thought might have been a possessed cultist.

What would Da Chonk feel? Honestly, he is going to feel like utter crap because of this. That'll be the last time he dances like that if he is going to "lose control" or whatever and possibly stomp somebody. I don't recall Da Chonk trying to kill anyone all game (harm? Yes. Kill? No.). Plus, now I have to RP a guy who has been hopping around trying to get help for a possibly possessed villager for my past few posts now. I am not looking forward to O Mighty Fat Cat's next post.

I'll work through this. Thank you for listening to me vent. Again, don't roll the clock back or make any changes. I just need to express my feelings. I'll be cool later. This took me by surprise is all.

* By "us," I don't mean to rally other PCs to my argument; I mean to say this 4th cultist was of potentially major benefit to us - a way for our Circle to get information the other three clearly don't want us having.

In the future, I would like to recommend that while owning up to your mistake is a great thing to do, ,please don't punish your Players (even one) while doing it. Not when it is not their fault. Instead, the next time, maybe ask what everyone feels the most fair solution is? When in doubt, err in their favor if the situation isn't their doing. Not telling you what to do; just passing it along.

Well, I can understand that, but it was, I thought, made clear that a t-rex landed on him and then danced around with a much flatter cultist under his feet.

Due to the lack of clarity, I will back up and say that he's in critical condition but still alive if he gets some serious healing.

Well, I can understand that, but it was, I thought, made clear that a t-rex landed on him and then danced around with a much flatter cultist under his feet.

Psychie Psychie This is what was written.

The sudden appearance of this horrible monster is enough to unleash the primal fear locked away in the back of the mind of those that are sane, and four off the remaining five robed figures scatter and run; the fifth is stuck under Fat Cat's massive foot and is going nowhere.
This was posted on the 25th of April. The fifth is stuck and going nowhere.

With the rampaging Lunar stomping around, it has sent the cultists (the ones that can still run, that is) scattering to the four winds. They clearly don't have any desire to continue the ritual that you have disrupted.
2nd of May. Nothing about a dead cultist.

The three surviving robed figures skid to a halt, starring at Grey Stone and his massive hammer in fear. The desire to run is still there, but they are quite frightened and are currently motionless.
"Surviving?" Now all of a sudden one is evidently dead? No die rolls? Just... gone?

The last of the cultists are all on the run, and obviously have no stomach to stick around and see what happens next.
21st of May. Unsure wording here.

That does leave the four remaining cultists that are desperately running away, and are undoubtedly the ones responsible for causing the torment of the townspeople. They are scattering away as fast as their legs can carry them.
24th of May. "Remaining" could imply dead, living, or simply incapacitated.

since you are the one directly in front of the three remaining cultists, you can see that they are a pair of men and one woman, all appearing to be in their mid forties, and they are totally cowed at the moment, and from the smell of things, at least one has voided their bladder in their robes.

What are you doing with them?
31st of May. Same as 24th of May.

Behind Amara, a O Mighty Fat Tyrannosaurus Rex is gently hopping toward her as unobtrusively as he can in a polite effort to ask for her help in removing this stuck cultist jammed hard between the gigantic Lunar's toes. However...

... the moment she starts, he freezes!

Da Chonk's giant toothy reptilian face take on this astonished and fearfully-uncertain look as he hears what's she's saying and the tone she is saying it in - and he immediately turns away from her and heads towards any other person in the Circle that isn't likely to cut this cultist into teeny little pieces! (In other words, intimidation check or not, O Mighty Fat Cat believes Amara at her word!)

Da Chonk right now:
Coming Back Oh Man GIF by Law & Order
My post on 1st of June. (bold mine)

Today.

Due to the lack of clarity, I will back up and say that he's in critical condition but still alive if he gets some serious healing.
This is your call.

Psychie Psychie Sorry for this. I just realized it could very well be my eternally-strong ADHD symptoms. Everyone else here might have clearly understood your intent all this time. Everyone besides me that is (it wouldn't be the first time such things have happened on my end).

I apologize if I was not clear, but it seemed pretty straight forward to me that the dinosaur landed on a man, and then you went dancing about the place with this guy under foot.

I don't mind backtracking to fix this, but I genuinely thought it was clear.

I don't mind backtracking to fix this, but I genuinely thought it was clear.
Psychie Psychie If it were (at least on my end), I would not have typed what I typed for my past 2-3 posts. This is the "base post" I am, and have been, going off of. You posted this right after Da Chonk's dancing post. A guy is stuck under his foot. Later in OOC, I asked if he was stuck between his toes . You said he was. I have been going off of that ever since.

I think I found the problem. I thought "toe jam" meant something caught between the toes. Per Healthline.com, Its literal definition is: "Toe jam is a nonmedical, umbrella term that refers to the smelly gunk which can accumulate between toes. "

"Smelly gunk" implies (at least to me) that whatever is there is probably not alive. Go me.

Thanks for clearing that up.
Sherwood's post tonight implies that it was not clear to him (though I'll let him speak for himself, of course).

All right. I should have already gone to bed. Sorry for taking up everyone's time again. Sleep well when it's your turn!

Tbh, maybe it's just because of what's been said here very recently, but looking at post #386, when Fat Cat entered the battle, I do get the impression that he was trying to avoid doing anything lethal. Mostly from this line:
O Mighty Fat Cat soars up just enough that when gravity takes him, he will fall back to the earth either among or on top of the chanters! Either way will stop them probably without killing them, right?

I would think that a t-rex landing on a person would do some lethal damage to a normal human. I was confused with it sounding like he was dead then having Aredin and Fat Cat say they were trying to interrogate him. That's where I was saying thanks for being clear on what was going on.

Tbh, maybe it's just because of what's been said here very recently, but looking at post #386, when Fat Cat entered the battle, I do get the impression that he was trying to avoid doing anything lethal. Mostly from this line:
Yes. This.

I would think that a t-rex landing on a person would do some lethal damage to a normal human. I was confused with it sounding like he was dead then having Aredin and Fat Cat say they were trying to interrogate him. That's where I was saying thanks for being clear on what was going on.
He was trying to disrupt them, not attack them. Or I would been asking to roll Brawl + Dex.

These things happen more often in text-based communication than in tabletop. All I think I can do in the future is ask more questions and write more clearly.

Last edited:
The three shy back from Amara like she just sprouted horns and fangs. One man leaps to his feet, points at the woman and screams out, "It was her! ALL HER! We would have never tried to raise that monster of it weren't her idea! Do what you wish to them but just don't hurt me!" Aredin can tell right away he's telling the truth this time.

This gets a venomous glare from the woman, and her hand slips into her robe and comes out with a wicked dagger in hand. She lunges after the man, but since he was on his feet and she was on her knees he is able to leap away and not get stabbed.

This doesn't seem to deter the woman as she snarls out, "You are unworthy and will be purged like the rest of these weaklings! I'll kill you myself!"

Both Amara and Grey Stone are close enough to do something to stop her. What do you do?
Psychie Psychie If there is one thing that has been determined without a doubt in our O.O.C. conversation here, it is that O Mighty Fat Cat definitely has something lodged between his toes. Right? So how about I try to turn what was a bit of a downer moment into something fun and positive when I ask...

... can O Mighty Fat Cat fling whatever is between his toes (living cultist, smelly gunk) at this crazy weirdo who seems to be at the heart of all of this trouble? Not with the intent of killing anyone or anything - just enough to smack her off of her feet or otherwise buy time for the rest of the Circle to have an additional advantage (besides numbers) on her? =)

That's a cool attempt at turning bad to good, right? =) (If the answer is no, that's fine! I just feel good making the attempt.) =)

Lol sure. If you are trying to knock down the knife welder, that's a dex + thrown roll. What is your die pool for that?

Nothing in Thrown. His normal Dexterity is 4 (Caste) but he is not in his usual form but something that might have greater Physical Attributes? I don't know Exalted enough to know. He's got Charmed Existence.

Is this a good time to use his Charm, Finding the Needle's Eye? Perhaps to lengthen his giant leg at her to shorten the distance between the flung object and the knife wielder (thus maybe dropping the Difficulty or something)?

Cost: 3m; Mins: Dexterity 2, Essence 1
Type: Supplemental
Keywords: Uniform
Duration: Instant
Prerequisite
Charms: None

The Lunar’s limbs flex and warp along unexpected angles to avoid obstacles between her and her prey. She rerolls (higher of Essence or 3) 1s on an attack roll and imposes a −1 penalty on her target’s Defense.

With Dexterity 4, the Lunar may attack a lower-Initiative enemy through full cover with an appropriate stunt, but he receives +3 Defense.

Protean: In shapes with a tail, tentacles, or similar flexible appendages, attacks with them reroll an additional 1.

Good choice to use the charm. And just to be on the same page this time, you are going for a Withering attack for no real damage, just to knock down the woman, correct?

Amara will hold until we see the results of the body toss.

Good choice to use the charm. And just to be on the same page this time, you are going for a Withering attack for no real damage, just to knock down the woman, correct?
Yes!

Ok, go ahead and post your action and I'll make some rolls for you once I see what exactly you put up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back