• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Innocent Criminals

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
She immediately ducked and rolled sideways beneath the hurtling hammer, her sword clipped the projectile and rang out with a loud metal sound. As soon as she got down, she realized that he had followed behind the hammer, and immediately pushed herself backwards, trying to get some space from the weapon personified. Rai quickly scrambled to her feet, she jolted when the hammer hit the wall behind her, smashing through the dilapidated brick with great force. She held the sword out in a defense stance at the oncoming threat, ready to parry.

Scarlett-Wulf Scarlett-Wulf

Last edited:
Victor had his arms up in front of his face and his body lowered to the ground, much like a boxer, as he slid to a halt, his left leg outstretched and his upper body leaned back with his right arm. Throwing a punch aimed for the sword again, this time he put his weight and force behind the punch
sleepontheCeiling sleepontheCeiling

Rai began to sidestep the punch as soon as she noticed the shift in his fighting stance, but she couldn't telegraph the punch soon enough. His fist connected with the top edge of the blade and rang out with an even more piercing metal sound. Her katana had bent slightly, and was now off-balance and slightly awkward to handle. Rai's eyes widened, she watched the sword deform as she tumbled to the side, narrowly missing the rest of the force he had put behind the punch. Her footing was quickly found, however, and she didn't hesitate before forcefully rushing forwards with the sword aimed straight at his torso.

Victor doubled over, giving the appearance that the sword had pierced into his body. One of his hands appearing to hold his stomach where the blade would have pierced, but in all actuality he was gripping the blade with all his might. Looking up slowly at Rai, a twisted grin on his fa e as he clocked his head to the side, a slight laugh escaping his lips. "Good try.....if I had used steel instead of diamonds you would of had a much better chance against me....but too bad so sad" reaching out with his free hand, grabbing her shirt tightly before starting to pull her towards him. "Are you going to go quietly now or will I have to actually hurt you? That isn't to say I'd just hand you over to them, hell you arent even on their radar yet....I could just bring you in as a new recruit to let you live...well up until you use those sparks of yours..."

Rai thought she had been victorious in somehow piercing his diamond hide, but that pride quickly turned when he grinned instead of crying out in pain. She tried to wrench the sword back, but to no avail, he had it in a lock-tight grip. As soon as he grabbed her shirt a jolt of fear shot through her, she struggled and thrashed but he had an iron grip on her shirt as well. Her eyes were blazing as she glared up at him,

"Go to hell." She spat, before tightening the grip on his wrist and discharging a volt of electricity so large it sounded like an explosion had gone off. It was bright and had caused nearby litter to combust into flames. The grip on his wrist immediately slackened as her legs gave out from under her. The electric shock had been a last-ditch resort, and she was now struggling to stand.

Smoke bellowed off of Victor, the diamond in the hammer shattering along with his diamond armored skin. "That's a first...." standing up he let go of the sword before throwing Rai over his shoulder. "Cant leave you here in this part of town like this" shaking the feeling he had off trying to make it back to the Apc. "I'd rate you in the upper A class...if you had as much time as Mors or even me you'd be an s class easily..." punching the back of the Apc to wake Alexis up.

Scurrying around she opened it up letting them in. "Victor where the hell is that blood guy?" She asked as she watched Victor get inside and set rai down, only to quickly shut the door and throw up into a bucket. While his ability was strong even he had his limits, and Rai had managed to break his defenses. "Who is that? And what the hell happened? You know we won't get paid!"

Victor sat down in the back watching Rai. "Lexi shut the hell up and just get us back to our office.....I'll explain later..." covering his mouth while watching Rai.

Alexis went to the front, starting the apc she started down the street heading towards the shipping docks. "Yes captain!" She exclaimed

Rai had mustered up all of her strength to resist when he had slung her over his shoulder, but all that she could manage were a few weak thumps of her shaking arms against his back. Her exhausted mind finally caught up to her body shortly, and she slumped onto his shoulder. She weakly turned her head, looking to see if Mors was anywhere nearby so he could stop her from being taken. Her ears were ringing, and she knew victor was talking, but couldn't make out the words.

Where is he taking me?
Is it to the labs? Is he going to torture me?
God, Rai. That was a stupid move. Now you can't even fight back.

Her half-coherent thoughts were interrupted when she felt herself being lowered on something smooth and cold, followed by the muddled sound of a slamming door and a growling engine. She could hear someone wretching, but couldn't lift her head or clear the spots swimming in her vision to see who was getting sick. Her stormy, bleary eyes darted around without seeing anything but blur and large blots of color. Her chest heaved with ragged breaths as she lay, unable to move or see what was happening. Something warm and metallic-tasting pooled in her mouth and dripped from her nose. Blood.
Within a matter of seconds, her eyes fluttered shut and her body slumped unconscious onto the van floor.

Mentions: Mot Mot

Alexia continued to drive to the docks, not bothering to press on the subject of what her brother had done.

Victor wiped blood from his mouth, that having been the only thing that came up. "I'm glad the little ones batteries ran out or I would have been screwed...that was one hell of a shock..." looking down at Rai he sighed and pulled his red handkerchief from his pocket wiping her nose before shoving it into his jacket pocket. "Killing you would be a waste, you have talent and time to grow..." taking some pills that Alexis had set out for him before retrieving a blanket and gently wrapping Rai in it and letting her rest her head in his lap. "When we get there make some food for her, I'm going to grab a shower." Closing his eyes until they arrive.

Alexis parked the vehicle, for getting to shut the gate as she stopped and headed inside. Victor carried Rai into the building, leaving her on a couch next to the kitchen and in Alexis's care while she started cooking grilled chicken with lemon and pepper. "She seems normal...maybe he saved one this time..." talking to herself as she set the chicken. In the pan, sprinkling pepper on it then adding lemon juice and lemon slices.

Victor had headed upstairs to shower and to not let Alexis see what condition he was really in.

Rai's eyes had slowly opened. Now, instead of the cool floor of the van, she was wrapped in a blanket and laying on a couch. The aroma of chicken and lemon zest flooded her nostrils, and her stomach gurgled violently. She couldn't remember how long it had been since her last hot, home-cooked meal, but now she was starving. Her body was in desperate need of food, so she slid herself off the couch and landed on the floor with a thump. She used shaking forearms to inch towards the heavenly smell wafting from the kitchen, letting her legs drag behind her. Rai didn't stop to realize that this was a weird situation, or that she should at least check her surroundings in case there was a threat. She was moving on instinct, and instinct told her that she needed to get to that food smell before she completely lost her energy.

Scarlett-Wulf Scarlett-Wulf Mot Mot

Alexis stopped hearing the thud, setting her tongs down she made her way to the couch to see Rai dragging herself across the floor. Wiping her hands off on the black apron she knelt down and held her hand out to help her up with a warm smile on her face. "Hello, I'm Alexis, but if you want you can call me Lexi. That's what my big brother calls me" brushing her hair from her eyes with her free hand. "If you are hungry I made extra, but if you are hurt you shouldn't be moving around too much"

Rai looked up at Lexi when she offered her hand, and she looked and acted so sweet that Rai immediately smiled weakly in return and took her hand. She hoisted herself up with the help of Lexi, staggered back over to the couch, and fell unceremoniously onto the cushions.
"Thank you Lexi, and food sounds really nice, I'm starving." She rasped out, voice barely above a whisper.
She righted herself and leaned back onto the cushions, letting her head rest on the back of the couch. It really wasn't that hard to stay still, since she could barely move. Loud rumbles came from her stomach at the thought of food.

Alexis giggled when her stomach growled "well I guess you are hungry, but your are welcome" after Rai had gotten back onto the couch she left for a moment and came back with some green tea in a cup with a bendy straw on it. Setting it down on the coffee table before returning to the kitchen to finish up. After finishing the three plates. Her brothers placed in the microwave before carrying the other two over to the couch on a tray with two more cups and some more tea. Sitting down she started to cut up Rai's chicken for her. Stabbing into a boiled carrot then the chicken before holding it up to Rai's mouth "say ahh!" She told her and laughed "it's my first time cooking it like this but I was tired so I'm sorry if it is a little burnt"

Rai smiled when Lexi had held the food up to her mouth to help her eat. Then she began chewing and immediately swallowed it down.
“Lexi, this is delicious! Are you some sort of professional chef?” Rai exclaimed, enthusiasm shining through the exhaustion in her voice.
She gained enough energy to move her arm again and reached out to her plate, picking up chicken pieces with shaking fingers and popping them into her mouth. She would hardly chew before swallowing. In minutes, the plate was cleared.
“That was the best meal I’ve ever had. You’re an amazing cook!” Rai gushed. The dullness had faded from her eyes and she was becoming alert again.

"No, my brother just sucks at cooking so I've had to ever since we were little" laughing and trying to hide her embarrassment and cherry red cheeks. "But I'm glad that you like it, so what is your.....name...?" Squealing and covering her eyes when she noticed what her brother was doing, which was standing in front of her drying his hair with only a towel covering his waist. "Idiot we have a guest!" She exclaimed before peeking between her fingers and looking back to Rai "I'm sorry....hes... "

Victor sat down next to Rai, after getting his plate from the microwave. starting to eat, he had scars running from his neck down to his ankles and back up to his wrist, each seeming to be placed in a way that it would avoid being seen if he wore a full suit. But that didn't take away from his appearance and looks."glad you didn't die, your nose was bleeding" he said before leaning back and looking at Rai.

“Oh, my name’s Rai...” She began, trailing off as her eyes followed to what had made Lexi begin to complain. She froze, it was the man who had nearly killed her... standing in just a towel.
Rai was alarmed, then confused, then alarmed again as he sat next to her with a plate of food.
Why is he here? Where even is here? Why is he half naked? Did he not just try to kill her? What the hell is happening?
Her head swam with questions, but she couldn’t process them all at once, so she shut them down. Wherever here was, she wasn’t being attacked, she was just fed the best meal of her life, and there was no immediate threat. Rai calmed her nerves and looked over at Victor. At first glance, she noticed the long scars on his body, Making a mental note to ask him about those later.

“Yeah, I’m glad I didn’t die either... but, if you didn’t want me to die, why were you trying to kill me in the first place... You said, and I quote, that you were going to take my head off.” She furrowed her brow, keeping a strong gaze on his face to try to ignore the fact that she was seriously interrogating a guy that was just in a towel.

“Oh, my name’s Rai...” She began, trailing off as her eyes followed to what had made Lexi begin to complain. She froze, it was the man who had nearly killed her... standing in just a towel.
Rai was alarmed, then confused, then alarmed again as he sat next to her with a plate of food.
Why is he here? Where even is here? Why is he half naked? Did he not just try to kill her? What the hell is happening?
Her head swam with questions, but she couldn’t process them all at once, so she shut them down. Wherever here was, she wasn’t being attacked, she was just fed the best meal of her life, and there was no immediate threat. Rai calmed her nerves and looked over at Victor. At first glance, she noticed the long scars on his body, Making a mental note to ask him about those later.

“Yeah, I’m glad I didn’t die either... but, if you didn’t want me to die, why were you trying to kill me in the first place... You said, and I quote, that you were going to take my head off.” She furrowed her brow, keeping a strong gaze on his face to try to ignore the fact that she was seriously interrogating a guy that was just in a towel.
"How much do you know about Mors?" Victor asked as he set the plate down, having already eaten it all. Lexi had given him the burnt piece of chicken and the smallest pieces of carrot. "I don't kill you because they don't know you exist and the government was sent out because we didn't report in when you damaged my ear piece...if they had brought you in the tests they would have put you through would be worse than anything I could do" his tone of voice was serious and almost cold. "Mors himself is on a different level than me, and not just in his abilities but he makes me look like a rabbit and he's hannibal lecter...." laying his head back before resting his arm over the couch, opening one eye to look at Rai "plus you never once pissed yourself or screamed when we were fighting, it was kinda weird to me, were not you scared?"

She furrowed her brows even more when she heard him talk about Mors like he was a dangerously powerful man. Rai didn’t think he was as sinister as Victor made him out to be. She listened anyways.

“Oh hell, I was terrified. You’re a menacing sight when you’re barreling towards me at breakneck speeds with the intent of clubbing me with a massive hammer. I guess I was just focused on buying Mors some time to escape, and didn’t let myself freeze up or run.” She shrugged.

A wave of exhaustion hit her once again, and she yawned loudly. She realized that her mind may be awake and ok but her body definitely wasn’t.

“...Hey, this may be a weird question, but do you have any large batteries, or at least some sort of wall plugin cord?” Asked Rai, scratching her neck awkwardly.

"Lexi, charge sparky here, I'm going to sleep....let her sleep with you, I'll talk more in the morning to you both" victor held his chest as he headed upstairs to his office.

"Sorry about that, but if you need a charge I'm sure we can hook you up to, after that if you want to shower afterwards just let me know..." Alexis seemed to be sad when Victor left holding his chest. Wiping a tear away she put a smile back on and stood up heading to a generator in the garage portion of the building. "Our files say that mors has done some pretty terrible things but based on my research some of it may be false and that has him questioning who we work for..." taking her coat off and hanging it up before starting the generator. "Victor's body is badly beaten, he and I were captured, they kept me to threaten him to obey them all the while they ran test on him...each scar was from a test. They even forced him to kill other abnormals just to push his limits"

Rai’s eyes widened in horror when Lexi described what had happened to Victor.
“Oh god, that sounds awful. Is he fully recovered, mentally, at least? Are you ok from that whole ordeal?” Asked Rai, concern thick in her voice.

Rai thanked Lexi for showing her to the generator and sat down in front of it. She grabbed the power cable and immediately shuddered as the powerful current rushed through her. She lifted the front of her shirt and sucked in a breath at the large mottled purple and blue bruise that sat in the center of her abdomen. Pushing it gently, she hissed and grit her teeth at the tenderness of the wound. The cable in Rai’s hand sparked, and she looked as if she were faintly glowing. Rai laid on her back and spread her hand over the bruise, it began to glow slightly brighter than the rest of her.

She looked up to Lexi,
“I can sleep in here tonight, you can still have your bed to yourself. I need to heal, and that takes the whole night while connected to a power source. I’ll be fine.” Rai smiled gently at her before closing her eyes, exhaustion immediately taking her away. She was out cold, the cable still in her hand and a faint glow still emanating from her wound.

"I'm glad he's alive but...." Lexi pulled the collar of her shirt away, a small leather collar was around her neck "if he disobeys them they will kill me...if we tamper with it it'll go off...but he's still hurt, due to it he is detached for the most parts from his emotions" lexi nodded once Rai was all set up. Return ing with some rubber gloves on and covered her in a fireproof blanket and set a pillow under her head. She herself took a shower and ended up sleeping near rai in case she needed anything during the night.

Rai caught the rest of what Lexi had said before drifting off, and she was deeply saddened for them and angry at the situation they were in. The strong urge to protect Lexi gripped her, and she would have hugged her if she wasn’t hooked up to a generator. Rai also felt a deep sadness for Victor, she wanted to talk to him.

When Rai woke up, she stretched and yawned, then popped her back. She winced a little because of her still sore stomach, but all that remained of the bruise was a faint yellow-purple mark. She turned off the generator and wrapped the fire blanket tighter around herself. When she spotted Lexi sleeping near her instead of in her bed, that fierce protective urge swept through her again and she knelt down to gently wake the girl up.

“Hey, sleepyhead,” She smiled gently, “You slept in here last night, Just to take care of me? You know you didn’t have to. But I really appreciate your hospitality, you and your brother are being so kind to me, and I thank you for that.”

Rai caught the rest of what Lexi had said before drifting off, and she was deeply saddened for them and angry at the situation they were in. The strong urge to protect Lexi gripped her, and she would have hugged her if she wasn’t hooked up to a generator. Rai also felt a deep sadness for Victor, she wanted to talk to him.

When Rai woke up, she stretched and yawned, then popped her back. She winced a little because of her still sore stomach, but all that remained of the bruise was a faint yellow-purple mark. She turned off the generator and wrapped the fire blanket tighter around herself. When she spotted Lexi sleeping near her instead of in her bed, that fierce protective urge swept through her again and she knelt down to gently wake the girl up.

“Hey, sleepyhead,” She smiled gently, “You slept in here last night, Just to take care of me? You know you didn’t have to. But I really appreciate your hospitality, you and your brother are being so kind to me, and I thank you for that.”

Alexis opened her eyes slowly, pausing to rub them "I don't wanna work today....can we just go to the beach or something.." she said before sitting up. Her face flushing red as she looked around to see where she was. "I wouldn't say he was really all that kind....but you are welcome and yes I did, your stomach looked like rotten fruit.." alexis fell against Rai closing her eyes again "are you all charged up?" She asked as a few strands of hair fell over her face as the smell of burnt food filled her nose. "Oh..no...he's tried cooking again, what ever you do don't eat it, even out of pitty!" A look of terror on her face as her eyes widened and she covered her mouth. "Hurry let's get to the showers before he finds us!" Standing up only to stumble a little, her legs were still asleep due to how she slept the night before.

Rai grinned confusedly,
“Before he finds us? What does that mean? I know he’s a bad cook, but will he really force us to eat it?” She chuckled.

She left the garage and found one of the bathrooms, quickly hopping into the shower. She stepped out a short while later, and wrapped a towel around herself. She looked at the clothes she previously had on and wrinkled her nose. They were dirty, bloody, singed, and torn. Cracking the door open slightly, she called for Lexi,

“Hey, do you have any clothes I can borrow? All I need are shorts and a t-shirt. Thanks.”

Lexi brought Rai a plain grey shirt and bright yellow athletic shorts. Rai thanked her gratefully and put on the clothes, they fit perfectly. To dry her hair she just tousled it with the towel and finger-combed it. After she deemed herself decent, she made her way back to the kitchen where Victor had severely burned a perfectly good breakfast.

“Good god, what did that food ever do to you?” She snarked.

"What I wanted it well done..." victor sat down eating a piece of bacon that looked like a piece of asphalt. The burnt food not phasing him the slightest. "If you don't want it you can...." pausing he walked over to her, taking some of her hair in the palm of his hand he sniffed it. "Interesting choice...there's cereal in the tool boxes and milk in the cooler" victor flipped the cooler open grabbing a beer before laying out on the couch and chugging it. "Hope you slept well because the higher ups are sending someone for my weekly checkup!"

Lexi laughed at the meal before grabbing a box of frootloops "but that doesn't mean you have to leave, we can just say we saved you from an abnormal, well from mors" sitting down on a bar stool she looked at rai "plain but cute" she said and tossed her hat off onto the table, two ears popping up onto of her head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back