• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Innocent Criminals

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

R.I.P

Basically, the whole gist of the RP is that people who have developed powers are feared by society. Government forces decide that they have to be hunted down and imprisoned (The only thing stopping them from being killed is the fact they are still Human.) and the ones who are on the run are still being hunted.

There isn't really anything else to explain, except that you can't be too overpowered or dodge/hit every time whilst in a fight. Cursing is allowed, no matter how much you do it and you can only kill someones character if they allow it. Other than that, you're golden.

"How many times must the government discriminate against people? No matter how you look at it, it's always the same problem. Someone is different. And apparently, us as human beings don't like it when someone is different. Not only have we been discriminated against, but we've been locked up, the only thing saving us from death is the fact that there is something still Human inside of us.. We're not bad people. We're just perceived to be."

The wind blew past the man as he walked the streets, Katana being hidden by a long black jacket. His name was Desmond Kaneri, a wanted man being hunted like a dog. His background was unknown, but rumours have spread that he was raised under a well-known swordsman named Kai Ichimaru. The time was night, such a terrible time for the wanted to be outside.. But Desmond didn't give two shits. He welcomed a challenge. Someone to test his own strength.

"Damnit, bitch, I said give me ya' damn purse!"

Came a voice from the shadows, followed by a scream of defence. As he walked slowly up to the scene, he saw a man with a knife holding onto a woman's purse. Noticing Desmonds approach, the man turned his head to face him.

"I don't know who the hell you are, man, but I'll slice you to peices if you don't~"

Before anything else spouted out of this mans mouth, Desmond was already inches away from his face, his fist covering the distance and connecting with the man. Falling backwards and hitting the floor with a loud 'Thud', the man stopped moving, the only sign he was alive being his chest moving up and down.

"It's not nice to pick on woman. Asshole."

... Is what he would've said if he wasn't deaf. He would sound way less intimidating, so instead, he just picked up the purse and handed it back to the woman. She thanked him immediately, causing him to sign a "No problem, miss." with a short smile. Afterwards, he walked away, back down the empty street.

She sat silently on a simple bench in the street, kicking her legs back and forth as she stared at the ground. Normally, if she acted calm, she wouldn't feel the need to hide. However her ragged dress and messy long hair often gave away that she was not of the 'good side' of people. The people in this city are and always will be afraid of the gifted ones. They had something that the normal humans didn't... Power. But as said, they are all still humans.

She pulled a part of her hair to fall over her shoulder as she twirled it in her hands. Most gifted people her age often got quickly captured, as most don't recognise their powers until it is too late. Esmee had a lucky escape with that.
She heard the screaming of a woman a street over as she raised her head in alarm. She wouldn't move to help, she was too afraid. She was a coward, she always had been. All run and hide, no fight. That's how she lived.
She continued to kick out her feet, inhaling slightly before humming a tune. Every so often, she held out her hand to the bench and watched as her skin slowly changed, just to check that she could still change on demand.

Desmond looked to his surroundings, his eyes capturing everything around him. Not being able to hear was a bother, but he learned to like it. It helped him concentrate in battle and prevented anyone from hurting his ears with loud noises. Desmond's senses were a lot more sharpened too. In the distance, he spotted a bench, no one sitting on it by the looks of it. "I need a rest." Desmond thought to himself as he sat down, quickly jumping back to his feet afterwards and turning around. His eyes scanned the bench, but nothing was there. But it felt like he just quickly sat on a person. Slowly, he reached one pointed finger out, to test if he wasn't going insane.

She saw the man walking towards her as she quickly turned herself to blend in with the bench. As he sat down, she squinted her eyes shut. He was heavy! Of course it hurt! She kept her eyes shut as she felt a point to her forehead. As it did, ripples of colour faded around the point to disappear, showing her normal self again as she slowly opened her eyes to see the male standing in front of her. She stared wide eyed as she shuffled back on the seat. 'He must be a undertaker. This is it. This is where I finally get captured' She looked at him before quickly closing her eyes, attempting to blend again.

Desmond saw the ripples of colour fading into a woman, slightly taken aback at the power. "This is new.. I haven't seen someone with this kind of power." he would think, looking at her until she closed her eyes. She seemed scared of him. "Waihh" he would say, his voice sounding off from where he couldn't hear his own words. Desmond reached into his pocket, pulling out a small notebook and pen. "I'm not a hunter. I'm the same as you." was what he had wrote down on the paper. He'd twist it around, holding it out for her to read. Hopefully she could trust him after some reassurance.

She jumped slightly at his attempt to speak as she opened her eyes. She waited a while before releasing one hand to carefully lean towards the note. As she moved her hand, the colour of the bench faded up her arm to her light pale skin as she gently took the note. She looked to the note as she let out a shaking sigh. She probably shouldn't trust this man, but she couldn't help but feel that he was telling the truth. She continued to have a mental debate with herself before growing dizzy as she let the colours fade, looking at the male awkwardly before holding out her hand, giving him back the paper with a small nod to say she believed him, but it didn't stop her from being afraid.

Taking the other side of the note, he proceeded to write down something else on the paper. Once he was finished, he handed it back. His writing was a bit sloppy, (but that's another story), but the writing read

"Can you understand sign language?"

Desmond handed the ripped off paper back to the woman, waiting for her response as he scratched the back of his head. There was a small, irritating itch that he just had to get rid of.

She cautiously took it again before placing the paper beside her on the bench. She looked to her hand as she held it up, holding her thumb to her palm and curling her other fingers over her thumb and tilting her fist forward, signing yes. She shuffled back on the bench a bit more, still feeling light headed as she looked around the streets. It was unsafe that the both of then were there. And at night too. It was definitely a gamble.

Desmond smiled in reassurance, making himself not as threatening as he seemed. People always hesitated around him, something about his eyes. He didn't want to scare her off like he did most people. With his hands, he signed the words that he wanted to say, it was a hella lot quicker than writing it down.

"Why are you out here this late? It's almost twelve O'clock."

She squinted her eyes, trying her hardest to remember what each sign meant. It had been a while since she had done sign language. She hadn't needed to. She figured he couldn't understand her speaking, so she tried her best to answer back. Only creating the sentences of: 'I live out here. Street safer than house' She kept her expression weary, but she felt a little more at ease as the male smiled. It was something about his eyes that must have scared her to begin with.

"The streets aren't safe. Anything could happen out here. Although, when you're in a house it's a lot more likely they'd find you."

He would sign, noticing that she was also signing and not talking. Of course. Desmond forgot to tell her that he could read lips.

"Oh and by the way, I can understand what you're saying. Reading peoples lips is pretty easy when you're used to it."

Desmond looked at her and her situation. She was living on the streets at such a young age with no source of food, water or warmth. He didn't know weather to invite her to crash on his couch or to just give her a couple hundred dollars. She probably wouldn't dare to trust him though, they just met.

She scratched her arm slightly, a little embarrassed that she could have just spoken the whole time. "Oh... Okay.." She looked around the streets and squinted her eyes, seeing but one person in the distance. She looked up at the male and sighed. "You should go where it is safe Sir.. There is bound to be trouble, especially after that scream earlier" she attempted to push up off the bench as her hand slid causing her to sit down again as she rubbed her head, not quite caught up on gaining her energy. "Damn this world..." She cursed under her ragged breaths as she kept an eye on the person in the distant view.

"I can't just let you stay out here on your own. I'd feel to bad about it later." Desmond responded, taking a seat on the bench, next to her. He'd cross his arms, leaning back on the seat, signing when he needed to, but returning to the position whenever he stopped talking. "I know that we've only just met, but I'm sick of seeing people being caught for a crime so stupid. People fear us, but really, we're the ones who are scared for our lives, when we've done nothing wrong."

She watched the male closely, understanding his signing as she saw the person slowly moving closer. "They're afraid. Afraid because we have the ability to change the world for the better...and they can't have the honour of saying they did it...they've taken many amazing people.. And no one hears from them after. " she looked up as she squinted her eyes before sighing lightly "Sir, you should really move. That man there, I don't think he is one of us... Or, a normal for that matter" she gripped the bench slightly, waiting for the man to leave.

"I know. Fear overtakes peoples ability to think. They think we're a threat. But we were born with this, it wasn't our fault." Desmond was pleased that she understood his views and it was nice to talk to someone who was like him. When she mentioned that he should leave though, he looked around, not turning his head though, only his eyes. "Then that's even more of a reason to stay. Let me handle him if he tries anything." Desmond told her, confident that whoever this was, they didn't know sign. "Just act normal."

She froze a little and tensed up as the male walked casually closer before stopping, his hands in his pockets as he stared at them both. She grabbed the edge of the bench tightly as she slowly closed her eyes, with an increase of her heart rate. After a while, the male walked over to the two.
~~~~~~~
"You two are out awfully late aren't you."
Esmee avoided eye contact with the male as she stared at the ground, kicking out her legs and swaying them to attempt to calm herself.

Desmond took the notebook again, writing down the words "Sorry, I am deaf. But I can read your lips if you speak. Yes, we're out late because we just came back from the local bar. It's been a hectic night." he lied, handing the note to the stranger, before looking back towards the girl. "Don't worry so much, everything will be fine." he signed whilst chuckling a little to make it seem like he was saying something else.

She nodded as she looked at the strange man slightly. He looked at the note and nodded in understanding before looking at the girl. "You're a bit young to go to a bar aren't you?"

She kept her eyes closed shut before inhaling and looking up. "I'm 18" she lied. The male smirked slightly as he placed his hands behind his back. "What's your name?" She kept strong eye contact with the male. "Ella. Ella white."

He put on the act that he was just a simple deaf guy, out on the town with a friend. Although, this guy was probably suspicious about them being out at a time like this. He could even tell that she was too young for a bar, but it was the best thing he could come up with at this point. Desmond looked back to the guy, scanning his figure and the way he used his body language. He needed to know how much of a threat this guy really was.

Esmee looked to the side at the deaf male and looked back. "Forgive us, we must get back now. My dear friend here needs to be home...family to look after and all" Esmee briefly stood from the seat, turning to the deaf male as she held out her hand to him, using her eyes to indicate that they should leave.

Not long before a hand rested on her shoulder. "Now. Just exactly what did you say your name was?" Esmee chocked. She kept her back to him, trying to remember what she had only JUST called herself.

"Uhh...Ella?"

Desmond looked to the man who was suspiciously talking to them, wondering what he wanted in the first place. Was he a hunter? Was he one of them? One thing was for sure though, he was definitely not normal. Desmond didn't want to reveal his powers right out in the open like this, but if it came to it, he would defend himself and the girl.

"Ella what?" The male smirked as Esmee cautiously turned to face him, his hand still on her shoulder like he was intimidating her.
"Ella....ummm..Ella.. Wh-- oh fuck this" Esmee pushed back the male by the shoulders and squinted her eyes tight, blending into her surroundings as she crept out of the way.

Yasuo wore a trench coat that blended him in with the night.. His arms dangled by his side with hands covered in black gloves and with the night he wore a mask to blend in even more. As he watched a family roam the mother and father stayed linked with each other through the child in the middle. Though they seem normal to the eye they are abominations under there skin "Inmates so far from home." Yas said . The sound of his voice echoed through the mask. The father quickly turned his head and looked towards Morse with a begging look. "Honey.. Take our son somewhere away from here." The child seemed worried and looked back at his father as his mother quickly yanked him and picked up him up. Not hesitating she nodded and ran down the streets and turned the corner. "The government are that cowardly that they needed to send you after us?! BISHOP!" The man's tone seemed more or less aggravated then fearful now. "JUST BECAUSE YOUR SCARED OF US DOESN'T MEAN YOU HAVE TO TREAT US LIKE ANIMALS!"The man stood and balled his fist by his side and Mors kept a straight posture with a calm look. "Do you resist?" He said The man's look became angry to his response. "Of course like every government dog!" Fire formed around the mans hands and even bursted out of his eyes in anger his fire approach came to running at Mors with a fist ful of flames. His battle cry was a loud yell but ended two seconds after it had started. Sliced. The man dropped. Mors now had katana in his hand that was coated in all black and looked as if he was holding a shadow. The man bleeds quick and his flames faded. "Cry for help as i end your bloodline, I dont fear you. I despise you." Mors walked off after the mother and child and it wasnt long until he found them again. He rushed quickly and ended up bringing them to a dead end in an alley way. The mother set down the child in the corner of the alley behind her and she stood in front of him. "Just take me and leave him!" She yelled out in panic. "I cant do that." Mors responded. Just like the man her face went from shock to anger. "Jared was right about you! YOU ARE ALL MONSTERS. DO-." "I've heard enough from the dead man." Mors interrupted and sheathed his weapon. "You can go back to where you belong with your son. Or can you die with your soulmate but leaving your son stranded. Make a choice." The Woman gritted her teeth as tears ran down her cheeks. "Ill go! Just please dont kill my son." Mors nodded. Several moments later a truck had parked on the side walk loading the mother and the child into the truck. Mors had left the scene and continued to roam the streets. The lower undertakers that were sent to investigate the area for more checked out the scene of the burning man but all was left was a blood stain on the pavement. "We have an survivor." They said into the radio and they searched the area. Mors took off his mask and hid it under his coat. His classy suit under made him look like any working civilian. As his footsteps traveled the side walk he mutter to himself. "I forgot to walk the dog.. Oh well."

'Crap, she just had to lose her cool.' Desmond thought to himself, keeping his guard up and looking surprised at how she disappeared. The man probably knew by now that Desmond was an abnormal, because they were trained to spot anyone suspicious like him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back