• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Innocent Criminals

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
She kept crawling, silently, as she changed in perfect sync to her surroundings, until she reacher an alley. She let her blend fade as she fell to her knees in exhaustion, her eyes turning blurry as her breathing deepended. Meanwhile...

The male groaned as he climbed to his feet and dusted his now grazed hands. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a thin pocket knife as he looked at the suspicious male. "Seeing as you have limited to reactions to the freak female, I'm guessing you are one of them. We can do this the easy way, or the hard way. They'd prefer a grown male to a little girl anyway" He moved closer, his pocket knife in hand.

Mors walked down the street his fancy shoes sounded as they touched the ground with every step. His arms stayed by his side and he stopped infront of an alley way. The sound of breath, He turned his head to look down over a woman on the ground. His body turned towards her he kneeled down and looked over her. "Ma'am are you okay?" He reached out his hand to her. "Here let me help you."

1522506755031.png
Immediately, his face turned from acting to normal, looking at the male as if he were a small fish in a big pool. He decided that he'd talk this time, instead of writing a note. "You'we puny." Desmond then put his hand on the handle of his blade, slowly unsheathing it until it was fully out. Compared to the pocket knife, the blade obviously had more reach. Desmond, using one hand, put the pointed end of the blade up against the mans throat, drawing a small droplet of blood.​

The male widened his eyes and dropped his knife, his hands up in defeat. "I..I'm new man! I'm...I'm sorry!"

Esmmee looked up at the male, her eyes drooped as her energy continued to fade, she had one thing in mind. 'Save yourself'. She gently took his hand and stumbled to her feet, leaning against the wall. "It was.. I'm..." She shouldn't be doing this. That man tried to help her. "I'm okay... But...I'm.. You should get out of here sir, the abnormals.. They're out here..I heard a woman scream half hour ago.. I think it was one of them"

"I already saw the truck, We should be safe as long as we keep a distance. Come on let me help you get far from here." He perused to help her up. "We should be more worried about the enforcement they might insist. It wouldn't be my first time they mixed me up, Dogs.." He helped her to her feet her arm around his shoulder and his arm around her back to support her.

He didn't respond to the male, sign language would just be a waste of his time. Instead, he quickly took the opposite end of the katana (the handle) and whacked it on the top of his head, causing him to stagger for a second and fall, knocked out. 'Now would've been the time to say something bad ass. I wish I wasn't deaf sometimes.' Desmond thought, shaking his head. 'Now, where did that woman go.'

She nodded weakly as she resisted on the male. "I'd hate..to get muddled with those...those monsters" she played along, leaning her weight against the man to attempt to walk. 'Human monsters' she thought to herself. She had this all planned out. Let the man take care of her until she regenerates her ability, and escape. Far from a city, far from humanity.

"No kidding.. What experience have you had?" Mors walked slowly down the block with her " Think you can walk now?" He stopped for a minute. "Hey.. How did you end up back there anyways?" He seemed tired , But he only made his appearance seem not physically suitable for combat. He breath heavily on purpose as if he was winded from holding her. "Sorry about , I dont go to the gym alot like i used to!" He held his knee as he leaned over a bit but still held her.

Desmond took a step forward, before suddenly bursting into speed. He couldn't do this endlessly, but he could do it until his stamina ran out, which would take a while. His footsteps knocked loudly on the floor as he ran, his face unchanging as he jumped to the next rooftop. Desmond wanted to look for the girl, although it might just be impossible due to her ability to camouflage.

She stood on her own after a while and nodded her head. "The gym isn't my choice of fun either" she forced a chuckle. She attempted to catch her breath as her energy began to slowly regain. She rubbed her eyes and looked to the male. "I was there..because I had an argument...with my folks...they think young women aren't strong enough for this world. And...I wanted to prove him wrong of course... So I ran away. He started to chase after me... He can be..." She forced her eyes to well as she sniffled and looked to her feet. "He can be heavy handed...I've been running for hours... And, well, you caught me stopping just there."

"Why not just call the police?Insisting the heavy handed part." He questioned "Im sure you can borrow someones land line or cell." He stood and stretched out his back. "Oop my back, Err im getting old.. Hey, Speaking of abnormals im not going to lie their pretty cool. Think about it if i had telekinesis i could lift trucks from wrecks and save people from falling. As a boy i always loved the comics like marvel and dc. Superman was always my favorite!"

Desmond jumped down from the roof top, swinging on a pole that was sticking out from the wall and going through an open window. He made sure he was quiet, but quick, dodging furniture until he reached the other window, jumping through it swiftly. Desmond landed on the ground in an ally, looking from left to right as if he was bored. He chose right and proceeded to move quickly down the path.

"I don't really like to ask others for help, I like to think I can handle myself...sometimes..." She scratched her arms nervously as he spoke of his pride in abnormals. "You...like them?... But you should hate them. You're supposed to think they are monsters... You all do.. Uh.. WE all do." She quickly corrected herself as she began to walk on slowly

"You? No way! I wish i had powers. I mean i wouldnt think they were monsters unless they were out for blood but in my eyes there like the heroes in the comic! THOR with his loud thunder. " He went into intros and he waved his face in the air liked he was holding a hammer. " And spider man, With his reflexes! There all so cool!"He caught up beside her and had a smile on his face like he was enjoying himself. " What do you think about them?"

She smiled to herself at hearing this man talking about her people like they were gods. She loved it. Finally. Someone saw them for what they really are. But she couldn't back down on what evidence she had given this man.

"I think they are menaces. They use their powers to escape and be free..how dare they." She used a sarcastic tone in her head, but for the ears of others, she sounded persuasive. "I've only ever heard of one abnormal to have been good." She continued. "She was graceful, and beautiful...she never brought harm to anyone. Her ability was to heal, heal any wound you could think of. It was ridiculous.." She kept walking, however this time at a slightly faster pace.

"She would heal anyone, even if they had a paper cut. Her biggest discovery was healing someone with a Tumour... Her husband. It almost killed her to do it. Her husband was normal.. Like us. A human. He had fallen in love with her...all of her. Power and all. When the hunters discovered that she had this ability, well, they presumed she had put the Tumour in him...not gotten rid of it." She kept her tone calm, her eyes were focused on the male she was telling the story to. "The hunters caught her. And she admitted to putting the Tumour in the man" it pained Esmmee to lie. But even around a simple human, she had to blend in for the best. 'The tumour wasn't put in the man' is what was the truth. But Esmee had to lie. "The abnormal woman was killed on sight. And that is why I think they are menaces. All of them." Esmee stopped walking. Looking at the ground. What a lie to tell...

"Fake news spread out of fear." He stopped her by grabbing her hand to pull her to eye contact and so they could rest because if she had gone any faster he looked as if his lungs would explode. "Thats no reason to hate an abnormal. Thats a reason to hate the government more than we ever should. I think your hiding what you truly feel out of fear.. You want all this hunting to stop and peace to spread." He massaged the palm of her hand. "Within the first minutes of meeting you i know your not that type of person to hate people who do the most harmless of things. To be strong as you say in your story and rebel against the vision your folks had put over you." He let go of her hand and looked around to the darkness of the night. " Hey, Its pretty late. Do you have anywhere to stay?"

The whole means of his speech, she couldn't stop looking at this strange man and his strange words. Maybe...maybe she could trust him?... Would it be so bad to have someone who understands her for all she is? She stared at his every movement, and traced his hand movements against her own before she inhaled sharply. Maybe him finding out wouldn't be the worst thing to happen?
"No. I don't. I ran away, remember?" She tilted her head at the male. "All this talk of abnormals has tranced your memory so soon...oh..and you aren't old. You shouldn't put yourself down, there are people for that" she smiled before looking at the sky as it only darkened again. "I'm a big girl, I'll be fine. You should head home...or wherever it is your going... Hey...where were you going?" She turned her attention back to him.

He'd rub the back of his head as he looked up to the sky. " Well i cant go home, I stayed out so late an emergency happened down town, And sadly i need to take a train through down town since my home is on the other side of the city. So im stuck out for the night, When i found you i was searching up bnbs nearby on my phone or better yet a hotel i cant rent for the night. Supposedly there is one not far from here. Want to come, Seems you have no where to go too so might as well keep each other company?"

'What a load of bull crap' she thought to herself. Seems like he was hiding something, but so was she. Even if this man was nothing but a simple human, she had someone to make her look normal. Perhaps this could be her ticket to escaping the hunters once and for all.
"Sure..not like I've got anywhere else to hang. But, I'm a little low on cash" She tugged on her ragged old tatty thin dress. "No pockets and...no purse" she shrugged her shoulders, tucking her long ginger hair behind her ear.

"Ah its no problem i have just enough! Onward madam!" He walked in the direction down the block . The streets were empty and he tucked his hands into the pockets of his trench coat. "The sky is sure glowing tonight. Beautiful dont you think? If i ever was to die, I'd rather die looking up at the sky for of bright twinkling stars." He smiled and closed his eyes imagining it for a moment and looked back at her. " I never got your name. My name is Arthur. Arthur Mculling. Whats yours?"

She started at this man in confusion as she walked bare footed along the streets. 'What a psycho...' She looked up at the few stars and raised one eyebrow before looking at him. "Oh..you don't really look like an Arthur... Maybe...a Dimitri? I'm Lucy Haggern." She kept walking, focusing on the roads. "What exactly do you do again?" If there was a chance to catch this guy out, assuming his job might be the way to see if he was truly a normal human.

In Mors's thoughts it was like chessboard. She questioned him trying to figure him out like He was with her. He was impressed but the moment she stuttered shed suspicion But he wanted to confirm. "Dimitri would be an awesome name, But my dad really loved the story about king Arthur so here i am with my name." As she asked about his occupation he turned his head to her and smiled. "I work as a bank teller for the local bank not far from here,But you know when you said those Abnormals were menaces i was pretty offended."

This was it. Her chance. Her chance to discover this...Arthur.
She paused in her tracks. Her arms by her side as she looked at him.

"Why would you be offended about abnormals?... Forgive me for intruding Arthur... But, I feel as though...you've been in contact with those...things."

'Jackpot.' She thought to herself. If he is, she could be safe, if he isn't, she has trouble. No human likes abnormals. It isn't possible. No way.

"Can i be honest with you without calling the police on me?" He choked on his words for a moment looking left and right before stopping and turning to her. "It is True my name is Arthur,But im not a regular human.. Im an abnormal..an escapee.. I've been trying to find a way out of the city. Sorry to be so sudden, But i feel like i can trust you Lucy.. If your lost aswell as me would you trade me in? For heavens sake these cloths are stolen.But its better than the suits they had us wear. I never thought humans could turn into animals when it comes to degrading us. Dont send me back..." He shook for a moment before his tears released, And he grit his teeth. "I dont want to be called a monster for being born like this." He looked at his hands and the tears dripped into his palms. "I want to be free.." .. The air went silent after he said that and especially being late at night no body was in the streets. The whole persona he wanted to establish was he needed help and he need to vent. This was the knight Mors left out.

She stared wide eyed. He was one of them. One of us. Without hesitation, she hugged the tearful male, she had to help him. "Its okay Arthur, I wont call the police. Because we can help eachother...okay?" She stepped back and looked around them. "You see... I need to get out of here, just like you. You're safe, I wont hand you in. I promise, we need to get away from here. The hunters, they could catch you, I've never met an escapee before... I have so many questions! But we need to get to the B&B...we need to make sure we aren't followed... It's very foolish of you to tell a stranger your being"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back