• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Le Sigh

Lord of Microsoft Paint
Edit: Imperion is now closed to requests to join.

It has been one thousand years since the Imperion shaped this world. One thousand years since they built up the Nations of Light and grew the Races of Reason. And one thousand years since, for no reason known to man, abandoned their creations, never to be seen again.

In their absence, all of the creations of the Imperion fell to chaos and ruin. The Nations of Light fell to anarchy. A war of great magicks lit up the skies and cursed the world, bloating the wildlife and turning the landscapes cancerous. Billions across the world died, and then everything cooled down. There was nothing left to fight for.

In the years since, the world has been rebuilt. City-states were built atop the ruins of the old Nations. The Races recovered and grew once again. But the world has changed - make no mistake about it. The current amount of life in this world is but a fraction of what it once was. The ruins of old, hidden by the diseased foliage, hold both great treasures and dangerous secrets. Bands of raiders roam the lands, killing folks for nary but the copper coin in their pocket.

But something is different. A strange being has arrived, declaring to be one of the last of the Imperion. It has returned to our world to reclaim the land. But some of us don't want to be reclaimed. Why should we join with this being who betrayed us so long ago? And yet... it is tempting. To have all of your troubles brushed away. To never had to worry about starving, or invasion, or dying alone in the dark. To hand the reins over to someone else, and maybe even help them return the world to what it once was.

Then again… who is to say that this being really is one of the Imperion?

Welcome to Imperion, a dark fantasy post-apocalyptic roleplay. This is a group roleplay in which players will be given the option to play on one of two sides - with the Imperion or against it. Someone could play a loner if they really wanted to, but I'd prefer if everyone stuck to the given plot as to not get caught up in a tangled web of sidequests.

The world of Ion in which we will be playing is kind of a cross between Fallout, Dark Souls and Diablo. Fell magic has vastly altered the landscape in several ways. Terrifying monstrosities roam the wilds. A few shining lights of civilization exist but they tend to be either very poor or under the rule of a cruel dictator. Only a couple of nations exist, which may become allied or enemies with your character depending on your actions.

Your characters can be pretty much anything you want, as I haven't really figured out the specifics for the Races of Reason. Humans, dwarves, elves, pretty much anything you'd find in a Tolkien novel can be used, or you could play as a made-up race as long as it fits the setting (i.e. no unicorns or pixies). Now, for the more concrete rules.

1. No racism, sexism, homophobia or other prejudice.
2. No NSFW content. Kissing and hugging are allowed, and so is sex - BUT ONLY IF IT IS OFFSCREEN. (The sex, not hugging and kissing :P )
3. There will probably be a lot of death and gore in this RP. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
4. Don't create a character if you are never going to use them. Make sure you will be able to make time to RP in this before joining.
5. This is a Paragraph RP. That means that in each post you must use a 3 SENTENCE MINIMUM. Don't just say "He shoots the guy and runs away". Actually take the time to explain your character's thoughts and what they are doing.
6. Please, please, please do not break the fourth wall. It's annoying and grinds the action to a halt.
7. You can be edgy if you want, just don't be over-the-top about it. I don't want to open up that can of worms.
8. Have fun!

Last edited:
Interesting!
I may have missed it while reading but is there proper magic in this world? Or is it purely “fallout” in the sense that things are tied in with the world and plays along with it?
Example being: Many of the odd races and lore is directly tied in with the radiation which is a real thing and not just “magic”.

Interesting!
I may have missed it while reading but is there proper magic in this world? Or is it purely “fallout” in the sense that things are tied in with the world and plays along with it?
Example being: Many of the odd races and lore is directly tied in with the radiation which is a real thing and not just “magic”.

No don't worry, magic is real and proper, you can play a wizard type if you'd like. Magic isn't really tied to radiation or anything, though I suppose the whole "magical curse war" could be interpreted as a nuclear war. But yes there is magic and it is fairly D&D-esque in style, i.e. Fireball, Scrying, Mage Armor... Though I'd prefer if people limited themselves a bit so that they don't make super-OP wizards who can basically Thanos Snap everyone.

Alright cool, that pretty much solidified my joining. And don’t worry, I’m pretty good when it comes to making non OP stuff cause what’s the fun in a character without flaws haha.

Hell yeah, definitely interested. How many people are you looking for to start?

Hell yeah, definitely interested. How many people are you looking for to start?

Well we've already got five members, plus a guy who PMed me saying he's in, so that's six plus me. Yeah, I'd say that's a pretty substantial group.
However just to be fair, I think I'll hold the door open one more day so that anybody who wanted in but are still trying to make due w/ schedules. Also because this is my first RP and I'm gonna need a day to get the hang of it XD
See y'all soon! :)

Edit: I'm not sure if the people who are liking my post but not actually asking to sign up are with it or not, so I'll have to contact them. If they are in... hoo boy, I might have to close it today tomorrow afternoon after all.

Last edited:
Hoping to note interest before this closes. Love the concept.

Heck, knew I should've closed the door sooner. Fine, I'm too merciful, you all get in. Not gonna wait for the two still making up their minds, just gonna say their in and if they don't show up and make characters then that's that.
Sorry I'm a bit ornery. Kinda late at night and dealing with a dextrose hangover after stuffing mah gob with all the good shit I got yesterday. I really am happy so many people are interested specially since I'm kind of a noob to this site.
Imperion is now closed to requests.
Sorry, anyone who still wanted to join. I gave you two extra days, and we've got quite the full house here. Don't worry, I can work with this. :)
Current List of People In:
  1. Le Sigh (me)
  2. FiSHY_Boi_0149 FiSHY_Boi_0149
  3. LieutenantL LieutenantL
  4. Paolumu Paolumu
  5. norway norway
  6. Sylvio Sylvio
  7. Phoneutria Phoneutria
  8. Haru Rivers Haru Rivers
  9. AsterRose AsterRose
  10. Dad Dad
  11. Transparent Transparent
  12. myst.erion myst.erion
  13. thirdworlder thirdworlder
  14. Elenion Aura Elenion Aura
  15. RipEverything RipEverything (maybe?)
  16. SirDerpingtonIV SirDerpingtonIV (maybe?)
It's a very large group but that's a good thing, now people won't have to double up for roles (a thing I was accustomed to on my other site, which is why I was surprised about the numbers). Even if a couple people don't show up or have to drop out (which, not to accuse anybody, will probably happen because life) we'll still probably have like ten or more people, which is pretty damn good in my book.

I'll post the character thread in Extra Pages soon, just hang in there as I waste thirty minutes surfing the web before doing something productive take a half-hour to reiterate the rules, make a decent skelly (character sheet) and list some possible roles that may be taken by players - not the Imperion though, it is reserved for me.

See y'all soon! :D

~ Le Sigh

Edit: If you have any questions feel free to ask them on this thread until I get another one up.

Edit 2 - Electric Boogaloo: Link to the Character Skellies is up. Have a link.

Last edited:
I'll have to finish the progress on my CS tomorrow cause my stupid ass managed to get strep throat, I'm really sorry guys 😔

I really want to apologize that I won't be able to participate in this roleplay, things happened irl today and turns out I'll be much more busy than I thought and can only handle one rp at a time, I'm wicked sorry I led you guys on and I sincerely wish you all the best of luck, just with the way things are I'd rather call them off early than having to quit mid rp :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back