• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Alright, I vote we go to the armory (if we have to pick one within the armory, weapons are the priority, since we’ll need them to protect ourselves and hunt), and food. I would really have wanted to go get gold, but given we don’t know where we are there’s no guarantee we’d arrive at somewhere we could trade it before we starved, and if we give up the weapons for the gold we risk it getting stolen by bandits or something.

Armory and gold. Protection and then be able to buy the other stuff at a later point. I doubt we would be able to even read the stuff in the library since it's probably in the native language.

Armory and gold. Protection and then be able to buy the other stuff at a later point. I doubt we would be able to even read the stuff in the library since it's probably in the native language.
Why not the food though? We have no idea whether we will be even able to use the gold on time if we can’t feed ourselves.

Well, we are clearly in some kind of structure place so I doubt that civilization isn't too far off. I also don't think food is that important because there usually is a starting village close by in this genre. I will be honest though I met be giving the protag to much credit with a bow (I assume one would be in the armory), so hunting might not be as easy as initially thought.

The structure seems to be more like ruins though, at least from what I got , like some kind of catacomb. Might not really be anywhere remotely close to civilization.

PS: If we vote for the weapon, I’ll probably vote a spear.

We should check out the Armory and Library.
Are you on the fence or can I change your mind? Here are the reasons I'm choosing them.

The Armory will certainly come in handy here. Having weapons and armor will grant us the ability to defend ourselves, hunt for wildlife, and etcetera. We even get outfits too, which may help us figure out how the people around here like to dress.
The Library is useful because as they say, knowledge is power. Books and scrolls will give us much-needed information about the world and its cultures, while maps will ensure we don't get lost trying to navigate it.
Money is a non-issue if we're going to start out like this, and food is a problem that can be solved by arming ourselves with weapons and knowledge.

Decision Reached!

Armory - 5
Library - 3
Pantry -1
Treasury -1

Vote goes to the Armory and the Library

Peeking into the newly opened passageway, it appears to be a large room with various items in display. From weapons, armor, to even civilian clothing all lined up in the walls as well as a few manequins which contained different kinds of clothing of various color. There's also a backpag in the middle of the room, laying on a podium with a sign that says:

'Weightless Inventory Bag: a pocket dimension where you can keep anything without bearing it's weight.'

Renald approached the bag and took it out of the podium, fliping it around as if examining every nook and cranny. He raised his brow as if thinking it's a scam. To test this, Renald grabbed the longest thing he could find--a silver pike with a yellow tip and shoved it into the bag. Surprisingly, the pike's staff did not bulge out of the bottom nor did it rip the bag in half considering that the blade was shoved in first...Might be useful, actually. Keeping the pike there, you decided to pack the bag with a bunch of different clothing that he didn't bother checking if it fitted him and Alice nor did he bother if they matched. Shortly afterwards, he went ahead and nabbed a couple of weapons too--a sword, bow and arrows, a staff, bombs, and even that one that looked like an arm cannon. Not only that, but he made sure to pack some weapons for Alice as well, such as a dagger, a wand, and a small pistol....Giving a firearm to a kid sounds bad, but you have to do what you have to do.

After nearly emptying the room, Renald heard something rumble in the distance, rushing out with the miracle bag slung on his shoulder, Renald rushed out of the armory and saw that the other side of the room, the side he was laying on, also had a similar passage. It would appear that Alice had figured out how to enter the secret room. Entering it, Renald saw what is essentially a small library--seeing books upon books from wall to wall all about different subjects and genres. Naturally, Renald took out one of the books from the many shelves and skimmed through it. The book was quite recent, despite the current state of the room it was in. He skimmed through the book and found himself in disbelief. The things written in the book itself were utterly ridiculous. From the looks of it, it was a book of magic, filled with spells of a certain kind, complete with a strange kind of writing system...Looks like something one of his students would make on game night. Renald glanced around the room to see Alice looking at what would be two sets of maps on a small table in the middle of the room.

"These maps look strange..." Renald heard Alice comment on the maps as she trailed a portion of the maps' roads with her finger. "I wonder where are we on any of this?" She asked as Renald approached her and took a gander at the maps. True to her observations, it doesn't look ANYTHING like a map of the world. In fact, the two maps Alice was looking at were different from one another. The black map had the label of 'Ylim', and the white map had the label of 'Ylaw'.

"I...I don't know." Renald truthfully answered as he took the white map and scanned it for any potential locations. However, as clearly stated, this map was not of earth's. The geography and the oceans are vastly different, resembling that of Pangea but with a duplicate on the other side of the ocean. The other map appeared to have a similar geography except there were less water and had more emphasis on elevation. "Why would anyone dedicate their time to making such an elaborate library...?" He uttered to himself as he folded the map. He had a gut feeling that they'll be needing one of those maps real soon. As he shoved the maps into the bottomless abyss of a bag, Renald took one more glance at the shelf where he found the spell book. If his hunch is correct, then perhaps those books aren't just some elaborate roleplay prop. Once more, he walked towards the shelf and took a couple of books, keeping it in the bag. Thinking that he would've taken everything he needed, Renald walked out of the newfound library and onto the room where he woke up with Alice. There, he saw the girl circling the walls once more, poking every brick she could reach in the process.

"Hey Alice." Renald called out to the child as she stopped in place, appearing to be stuck in thought.

"Yes?" Alice turned to Renald when he called, her small hand rubbing her chin.

"Whatcha doing there?" Renald asked, approaching her.

"I'm looking for more of those rooms." Alice answered, soon looking down as she twiddled her thumbs, clearly disappointed at what she found. "But it doesn't look like there are any more...I was hoping there's another way out..."

"Don't feel too bad, Alice." Renald knelt to her eye level, patting her head, "I'm sure we'll figure something out." He said, glancing at the two large, rusted vaulted doors with emblems engraved on them which were equally as large as the vault doors. Just as he said that, he felt the ground shake. The shaking was strong enough to throw Alice off balance, causing her to fall onto the ground. It didn't last longer than a few seconds, stopping rather abruptly, even. "What was that...?" He asked, glancing around to see if anything changed. Just then, a loud creaking noise resounded all around the room as one of the vault doors opened.

Which vault door opens?
>The one with the Sun Emblem
>The one with the Moon Emblem
Idea Idea Goddess Of Twilight Goddess Of Twilight official clown business official clown business Skylord Nexus Skylord Nexus @Unbreakable Patches @Feral Squirrel @ProfessorSobble

Moon Door!

I fancy helping stop a tyrant if it leads to the underground world as I suspect. Also there's the joke to make about Alice going underground so it's like Alice in Wonderland XD

The one with the Moon Emblem

Yes, I'm all about that moon door. We're going through and hoping whatever's behind it will be good news. Maybe someone who'll be happy to see us?

Act. 1 - Trek To The Underworld

I'm baaaaack

Also, unanimous decision reached. Moon Door it is.

Creaking loudly and squeakily, the loud vault door showing the moon door began to slide open slowly, rubbing metal against metal, creating an unpleasant noise rapping through your ears, scratching and screetching through your eardrums. Dust fly about like smoke as the gust coming from what's beyond the Moon Door swept across the room, prompting Renald to cover Alice with his own body.

Moments later, the dust starts to settle, and you see a couple of silhouettes coming from the door. Feeling as if you're in danger, you grab hold of one of the weapons you've packed in your Inventory, feeling the pistol in your grip, you stare at the silhouettes as one of them entered the room, a metal boot clanging on the floor.

"Damn, that's a lot of dust!" A rough, gruff man's voice coughed, "You sure this is the right place?!"

"I'm sure." A rather calm sounding voice which borders between sounding as rough as the gruff man and as gentle as a woman's told the ridiculously manly voice. "However, I haven't seen it open yet, so keep your guard up. There might be more of those things in there."

"Yeah, yeah, just watch that corridor and make sure no one touches her!" The man scowled as he walked around the room, scaling the walls. It doesn't look like he notices you...

What do you do now?

> Make a run for the door
> Sneak towards the door, past the figure
> Confront the figure

Well, this was certainly unexpected... but I'm gonna roll with it! I vote to sneak past the figure to the door!

Decision reached - Confront The Figure

Knowing for a fact that there are some people outside of the room, you doubt that you'll be able to get far if you try to get out without a fight. You glance at Alice, stroking her hair. As you whisper to her ear. You instruct her to hide out in the pod you woke up in. Alice nodded, who proceeded to rush off to said pod. The man heard this as you notice the silhouette jolt as the smoke clears out.

You cock your pistol, which appeared to be a silver Desert Eagle with an odd gem on the hammer. Swiftly aiming it at the man with both hands, you let out a gulp.

"H-hands where I can see them!" You yell out in confrontation, obviously not used to holding a live firearm, but you now determine that this man is indeed, armed. Armed with a sword, that is.

You finally get a good look at the silhouette. It appears to be a dark skinned man with a rather muscular body frame clad in what appears to be purple chainmail and golden pieces of armor. Two gauntlets, a large shoulderpad and greaves. This armor appears to have strange curly engravings on it, alongside the same purple gems that adorned your pistol. He bears really short hair, cut right below his hairline. He bears a scar on his left eye, which seemed to render it blind while the other eye still sees, bearing a golden hue.

"Who goes there?!" The man finally spoke, his sights shifting to your direction as he grabbed hold of his sword's hilt, which seemed to fit in a really small scabbard. He didn't flinch at the sight of the weapon, but instead, lowers his stance. He eyes your appearance with a raised brow, gritting his teeth as he tightens his grip on his blade. "What kind of sick looking bastard are you...?" He growled, glaring at you. He eyes your weapon, as if ready to strike it off your hand the moment you even try to use it.

How do you respond?

>Threaten him
>Shoot him
>Interrogate him

crap, was kinda busy yesterday and couldn't post yesterday...

In any case, I'll vote for
> Interrogate him

In these kinds of stories, more info is sure to come in handy. It could also make discussions more fun XD

Decision reached - Interrogate him

Ignoring the insult, you believe that it is too hasty to shoot yet. His glare makes it so that threatening will do less that nothing. Thus, you infer that you should instead question him at gun point.

Let's start with the obvious.

"Who are you?!" You asked, the man simply grunting an answer. "What do you want?!"

"That's none of your concern, beast." He huffed, still gripping his sword. "My concern is dragging this Isekaid out of this blasted chamber." He drew his blade slightly. "And you're probably its guardian, aren't you...?"He drew his blade, pointing it at you as he circled around you. In turn, you turn your body to follow the scarcely armored man, pointing your pistol at him.

"I-Isekaid? What are you talking about?!" You asked, "Where am I, anyway?!" You pressed, glaring at the man.

"Bah! You've forgotten what you're protecting, then?" The man growled, gripping his blade tightly in a two handed stance. You studied the blade pointed at you--it's as gold as your gun. It has engravings, colored silver adorned with rubies and sapphires near its guard. "All the more reason to kill you--!" He charged at you, raising his blade. However, just as you are about to react, someone intervened.

"Stop!" A woman's voice called out, just as you feel the man's blade press against the side of your neck and the barrel of your pistol against his chainmail chest. "G'warda, please, do not hurt that man!" You look at the source of the voice, to your right seems to be a red haired woman with pale brown skin, bearing bright emerald eyes that seem to glow slightly, appearing to be frail and gentle. She's garbed in a black dress riddled and tattered with holes and rips, held together by a golden breastplate covering her left chest and shoulder, which bears some sort of crown crest with a jade in the middle of it.

"Princess...!" The man named G'warda turned to his left, drawing his blade away from your neck, making you wince a bit in pain as he faced the Princess. "I thought I told you to wait outside?"

"Forgive me, but I cannot just stand by and watch you kill what may be our only hope!" The Princess argued, scolding the knight as he glanced back at you. "The Ancient Text says that whatever it is that lies inside of this chamber is the Isekaid themselves!"

"So what, you're saying that this white skinned freak is the Isekaid?" G'warda growled, turning to you in a glare. Clearly, he doesn't approve of you.

You should probably talk...

>Run
>Politely introduce yourself
>Stay silent
>Ask what the hell are they talking about

>Politely introduce yourself

I don't know, I think it'd just be funny that after all that we just go
"oh yes, where my manners? It is my utmost pleasure to meet you miss and mr, I am [name here], and I must apologize but I am utterly flabbergasted without the slightest hint of a clue about what might be happening at this time. If it wouldn't be too rude, might you perchance illuminate me?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back