What's new

Fantasy I S E K A I D (Always Accepting Votes)

Sub Genres
Action, Adventure, Anime, AU, LGTBQ, Magical, Multiverse, Mystery, Romance, Slice of Life, Super Powers, Supernatural
Prologue Choice 1: YOU

Thepotatogod

MECHA IN COOKING OIL
Long ago, the world was a cluster of light and darkness, created by two Gods. While the two Gods created the world and its' creatures in tandem, their creations did not see it as such and believed that the creatures that the other God created brought evil and misfortune.

Hearing their creations' plea, the Gods talked about the issue and decided to separate their creations from one another while still remaining in the same world. The Creatures of Light lived above the surface while the Creatures of Darkness roamed the depths, separated by a border in between the surface and the depths which prevented the two creations from meeting one another and clashing. In turn, the Gods duplicated their creations to make the other God feel satisfied with the separation.

While the Gods promised their segregation, they had placed different entry ways from both the surface and the depths inside the border, leaving records of the world before and allowing the two creations to meet should they ever want to make peace. If they don't, however, a failsafe had been placed in the form of the Twilight.

The Twilight were creatures that were sealed in the border, roaming about and guarding the gateways to the Isekai, the room between the Light's Surface and the Darkness' Depths.

As years passed, the creations were made aware of these entryways and made it a profession to explore the border. They called these winding paths within the border 'Dungeons', and would often abruptly end with a giant circular door with an emblem of the sun and the moon overlapping with one another on it.

Fearing that their creations would ------ should they break open the door, the Gods created ------- last failsafe to leave the fate of world to. And that is the one who would the fate of the world. The ----- being who would ------- and bring about ------- or -------, commanding the -------- as --- were born along with -----.

------------------------, it'll lead the world to the new age, closer to the Gods. The ISEKAID.
-------->


  • "...And that's where it ends." A female scholar, garbed with a cloak over a dress. The scholar had just finished presenting what the Explorers had found within the Dungeons.

    Within the halls of the throne room, several holographic screens were displayed as the Scholar presented the Explorers' findings, allowing the King's royal subjects to read along.

    "...Looks like a portion of the 'legend' remains uncryped." The King, who sat in the far away from most of his subjects and a platform away from the floor that visitors roam said as he tapped on the screen whixh displayed the description of the Isekaid. "This should've been translated by now, shouldn't it?"

    "Yes, my king." The scholar nodded, "However, the writings they found about this 'Isekaid' were either erased or smuged, rendering them unreadable." She explained, "This is the best we can do." She shook her head as she closed her hand, the holograms shutting off, disappearing from the air while the one in front of the King remains.

    The King was silent for a minute, as if pondering his choices before allowing the hologram to disappear.

    "To think, the Creatures of Darkness had been living below us all along..." The King sighed as he leaned to the right, using his fist to rest his cheek. "I shall bring this matter to the Holy World Council." The King said, "In the meantime, alert the Explorers and Scholars. Tell them to figure out that door at the end of the Dungeons. If this legend is true, then having the Isekaid will prove to be beneficial to us." The King raised his hand forward, as he stood up. "Bring this 'Isekaid' to me! The one who does will be rewarded immensely!" He ordered, decreeing as the King's subjects cheered, claiming that they will bring the Isekaid to the King.

    However, the Scholar feels some doubt in bringing the Isekaid to the King, fearing that bringing them to the King would be a wrong choice.

    The Surface is in the middle of an era of peace between several nations and kingdoms. However, a cold war is brewing in the midst...

You are about to be caught up in a series of events that'll change the world as the fabled "Isekaid". Before we truly begin our tale...Who are you?


Answer the series of questions:

[1] What is your gender?
- Male
- Female

[2] How old are you?
-14
-18
-25
-35

[3] What do you do?
-Nothing much.(Hobo)
-Staying Home all day, everyday.(NEET)
-Being an active member of society. (Salary man)
-Attend School(Student, if young. Teacher if old.)
-[Write In]

[4] Do you have friends? If you do, what are you in said group of friends?
- No, I don't bother getting one.
- No, cause they left me.
- Yes, I'm the star of the group.
- Yes, I'm the caring one in the group.
- Yes, I'm the stupid one in the group.
- Yes, they're the only friend I have.

[5] What would you say is your hobby?
- Drawing
- Writing
- Playing Video Games
- Watching Anime
- Going out with friends.
-Reading Stuff.

[6] Do you have a unique sexuality?
-Yes.(Please specify)
-No. (Heterosexual for the win.)

[7] Would you like to die? ((Not a threat, I swear.))
- Yes
- No

 

Idea

The Pun Tyrant The Gif Hydra
[1] What is your gender?
- Male
- Female
Either works...would even take genderbends

[2] How old are you?
-14
-18
-25
-35
Let's go with...25. 18 would have been nice, but it seems limiting on what jobs our character could actually have for the next option. 14 is young, but it doesn't feel like enough of a commitmment to youth to me, and 35 I'm purely not interested in.

[3] What do you do?
-Nothing much.(Hobo)
-Staying Home all day, everyday.(NEET)
-Being an active member of society. (Salary man)
-Attend School(Student, if young. Teacher if old.)
-[Write In]
Ah, good ol' typical options. Guess I'll try to be atypical for a change (get it? :P ) and use the [write in] option. Now what would be good for isekaid...

A historian of some kind might be good, but to be honest it might be asking too much from you (adding piles of unexpected research and all..). I think a lawyer (watch him pick apart the magic system, or use the technical details of contrats or the law or challenges to outwit obstacles) , pet trainer (tame all them monsters!) or hunter.

So those are my answers: "Lawyer", "Pet Trainer" or "Hunter". Main vote for "Lawyer"

[4] Do you have friends? If you do, what are you in said group of friends?
- No, I don't bother getting one.
- No, cause they left me.
- Yes, I'm the star of the group.
- Yes, I'm the caring one in the group.
- Yes, I'm the stupid one in the group.
- Yes, they're the only friend I have.
"No, cause they left me" really seems like it's calling for a pretty interesting backstory, so I'll go with that!

[5] What would you say is your hobby?
- Drawing
- Writing
- Playing Video Games
- Watching Anime
- Going out with friends.
-Reading Stuff.
"Watching anime" 100%, I want that trope knowledge!

[6] Do you have a unique sexuality?
-Yes.(Please specify)
-No. (Heterosexual for the win.)
If the character ends up being male, please consider my answer "No", if the character ends up being female, then I would ask for "Yes- Lesbian or bisexual".

[7] Would you like to die? ((Not a threat, I swear.))
- Yes
Reincarnated stories are usually more interesting and they open more potential for what the protagonist may end up like. Vote is for "Yes"
 
[1] Female
[2] 18
[3] Staying Home all day, every day. (NEET)
[4] Yes, I'm the caring one in the group.
[5] Drawing, I can just an entire room cover in drawings and paintings.
[6] Yes: Bisexual
[7] Yes
 

ProfessorSobble

studying the ways of the sobble
[1] Male
[2] 14
[3] Attending School
[4] Yes, I'm the stupid one in the group
[5] Playing video games
[6] Yes: Homosexual
[7] Sure
 

official clown business

big bad drive imp
[1] Female
[2] 25
[3] Being an active member of society. (Salary man)
Now, I was thinking of Idea's write-in, but I appeal quite a bit more to the classic idea of "regular guy" rather than a lawyer.
[4] No, cause they left me.
[5] Playing Video Games
epic gamer moments inbound
[6] Yes. (Take the wheel, friends.)
[7] Yes.
oh boy I can't wait to see what the afterlife is like
 

Feral Squirrel

New Member
[1] Male

[2] 25

[3] Teacher

[4] Yes, they're the only friend I have.

[5] Reading stuff

[6] You can bet he's het.

[7] I mean, at some point.
 
Last edited:

Idea

The Pun Tyrant The Gif Hydra
@Thepotatogod can we have an OOC thread for discussion and such? Us write-in people seemed to be giving such different answers it may be hard to impossible for any to actually go through at this rate, I would like the ability to at least discuss and negotiate with my fellow voters
 

Thepotatogod

MECHA IN COOKING OIL

W A R N I N G!
The text below has entered meme mode: It may sound a bit offensive, but I swear it's all in good fun. If any of y'all hate meme mode, then tell me and I WON'T do it again.
Minimum limit reached! The votes are as follows:
[1] *Every Pokemon Professor in the beginning of every game* ArE YOu A BOy Or A GiRL
Male - 4
Female - 2
Yes- 1
[2] Are you legal or not?
Not Legal(14) - 1
Barely Legal(18) - 2
Legal and ready to mingal(bad pun)(25) - 4
[3] What do you do with your life right now.
Be a useless shit(NEET) - 1
Being a kawaii or bishie highschooler/Teacher(Attending School) - 3
Contributing to society (Salary Man) -1
[Going through life as Phoenix Wright baby(Lawyer)] - 1
[Going through life as Bob the Builder(Construction Worker) - 1
[4] Do you have n a k a m a s?
Nope, I only like b e e r - 1
No, they left me cuz I'm too edgy*- 3
Yes, I'm the mom - 1
Yes, I'm the dumbass - 1
Yes, I only have 1 on em. - 1
[5] What do you do in your free time?
Draw shit - 1
Play shit (Video Games) - 3
Read shit - 1
Goin to town with f r e n d s - 1
Watch shit (Anime) - 1
[6] Are you part of the LGBTQInfinity+1?
Yes: I like both men and women equally(Bisexual)- 1(+1)
Y e s: 1
Yes: I'm g a e(Homosexual) - 1(+1)
Hell No - 4
[7] D o y o u c r a v e d e a t h ?
Yes (that's most of us pal)

* - Not really edgy, but there's a good explanation why.
 
Prologue: When it once ended

Thepotatogod

MECHA IN COOKING OIL
Our story begins one snowy Friday night, a young man at the age of 25 walks around the city street garbed in a simple brown coat, black vestsuit and blue tie, his hair somewhat scraggly and messy. This young man is Renald Eeves, a teacher at some high school somewhere in Los Angeles. He is currently walking home from the local gamestop and bought one of the games that came out for the Nintendo Switch which he has been dying to play since its' release, but only managed to buy it now because of his wage as a teacher.

Renald smiled as held the paper bag that contained the game that he was waiting to get his hands on. Persona 5 Grand Arena...The Fighting Game title that was specifically made for Persona 5 and Persona 5 Royale, one of the best games he had played since his days as a college student. He lowered his hand, stopping at a pedestrian crossing with the lights turned red. He held his excitement of playing the game in his Switch as he waited for the light to turn green so he could walk. He never really had many friends to spend time with, only fellow teachers and the students he teaches. Most of which he was never really fond of. Ever. He was looking forward to actually playing the game for a bit considering that he is mostly done with the work he needs to do.

At this point on, Renald did not know that he would never have the chance to play that game.

All of a sudden, a truck began to swerve in the distance, heading right for the sidewalk where he is. It seems to be rapidly speeding up as it got closer in nearly a few seconds after the people noticed it. Renald was about to run off when he was suddenly tackled from behind, shooting him away from the truck that quickly barrelled past him. However, before he could thank his savior, Renald was hit with another disaster.

The Truck that sped past them crashed in the middle of the street, causing one huge mess of cars crashing into one another. One of the cars that crashed afterwards was another truck that was sent flying by the crash tumbled it's way towards him, and before he could react...

Let's just say it wasn't pretty being crushed under a truck's trailer...

---------------->

However, that did not spell the end for Renald.

Renald's eyes shot wide open as he breathed heavily, lying on sort of metal table, angled up to make it seem like he's standing. He rubbed his forehead as he got up, wincing from what feels like a terrible dream...But was it a dream though? Looking around, he noticed that he wasn't in his bedroom. In fact, quite the contrary. He's in some sort of large room in a facility, so old that it's practically ruins of one. There are two large circular doors on his left and right, most likely sealed as tight as it was rusted. In the distance in front of him was someone also lying in the same position as he is, but he can't exactly make out the details due to this foggy plastic around him.

Renald pushed the plastic that encased him, and found that it was easy to remove as it simply fell off. Afterwards, he got off the table and approached the the person at the other end of the room.

Indeed, there was a silhouette of a person inside of it, obscured by the amount of dust on the plastic itself. As such, Renald wiped a portion of it and saw...

What did Renald see?
- A young man, about the same age as Renald.
- A teenaged girl that is most likely in highschool.
-A young child.
-A mechanical shell shaped like a girl.

@Idea @Goddess Of Twilight @official clown business @Skylord Nexus @Unbreakable Patches @Feral Squirrel @ProfessorSobble
 

Idea

The Pun Tyrant The Gif Hydra
-A young child.

I like these types of character usually, so it gets my vote
 

Thepotatogod

MECHA IN COOKING OIL
Unanimous decision reached--y'all want kids.

Wiping the dust off of the capsule, Renald was shocked to see a young child with brown hair, around the age of 7 or 10 inside the capsule, unconscious--sleeping, even. You instinctly removed the plastic that sealed the capsule, remembering that they were quite easy to remove. From there on, you get a good look at who's inside. It was, as described, a child, clad in a green hoodie, white shirt, brown slacks and red boots. You cannot tell their gender at the moment, considering their stature. He took a few steps back and covered his mouth and chin and began to think.

Why was a child in that capsule? More importantly, why was he in the same capsule as well? Renald glanced back at the side of the room where he woke up. He didn't see any form of wire from either side, so he could rule out the possibility of it being a cryo chamber or a Matrix-esque machinery of some kind. He then heard groaning coming from the child, signs of them waking up. They got up to a sitting position, rubbing their eyes as if they got up from a deep sleep.

"Hello." Renald instinctively greeted as he turned around, checking on the child. "How are you feeling?" He asked as the child began to rub their head.

"...My head hurts..." A somewhat high pitched voice commonly found in children around her age came out of their mouth, however, the pitch seems to lean in favor of the child being female. The child then glanced left to right before facing Renald with a question. "Where are we, mister?" She asked, soon following up with, "And...Who are you?"

"I'm Renald." Renald introduced himself, answering the child's second question first. "To be honest, I'm not sure where we are...But I'm sure we can go home real soon." He let out a welcoming smile, hoping to comfort the child. He then asked, "Do you know where you live?" He asked, wanting to know where to drop the child when they get out of this place.

"Where I live?" The child repeated, falling silent for a second as if to think, soon rubbing her head in pain once more. "I...I don't know." She shook her head.

"You don't remember?" Renald asked, realizing that the child doesn't remember where she lived, "Then...Do you at least know your name?" He asked, wanting to know the child's name. The child merely shook her head, not knowing a thing about herself. It appears as if this child had amnesia...Not an easy thing to explain to the police, really.

"What's my name?" The child asked, wanting to know who she is, even though she doesn't remember anything. "Can you give me one?"
{Write In; I'll choose the best one}

@Idea @Goddess Of Twilight @official clown business @Skylord Nexus @Unbreakable Patches @Feral Squirrel @ProfessorSobble
 

official clown business

big bad drive imp
Everyone breathed a sigh of relief when you named the guy for us, and then suddenly you drop this. Names are hard, you know!

I don't have any one name in mind, but I can get the ball rolling with a few decent suggestions:
  • Alis
  • Fio
  • Leah
  • Sam
  • Tamara
Some of these names can be changed slightly (such as being longer or having easier to say nicknames). If you think you can come up with something better, it's up to you to counter with a better suggestion.
 

Thepotatogod

MECHA IN COOKING OIL
Minimum limit reached -- The child's name will Alice.

"Yeah, sure." Renald nodded, as he soon took a few seconds to think about a name. At the time, he couldn't think of anything else other than finding a way out of whatever this place is, and so, the name he decided to go with is..."How does Alice sound to you?" He asked, asking if the name is to her liking.

"Alice..." The girl, now named Alice took a second to comprehend the name before letting out a nod and a warm smile. "I...I think I like that."

"That's good." Renald nodded before looking at his surroundings once again. "Now we have another problem...Getting out of here." He said before walking over to one of the circular vault doors. Upon closer inspection, there seems to be no way to open it. No dials, handles, bars--anything. It doesn't seem to be possible to force out either considering that it feels like its' made out of steel. He then headed for the vault door on the other side and found the same thing--absolutely nothing. Although the two doors did have an emblem in each on of them. The door on the west had the symbol of a crescent moon over a full moon. The door on the east had the symbol of a sun. He pondered if the symbols had any meanings or it was just there for aesthetic purposes.

While Renald was examining the doors, Alice began to wander around the room, trailing the lines on the wall and eventually circling around the room to the pod she woke up from. Alice then took note of a certain area that the lines formed a rectangle on a certain area. Thinking about it, there was one near Renald's side as well.

"Uh, Mister?" Alice called out, shaking Renald off of his train of thought. After getting his attention, she then pointed at the rectangular area. "Do you think this does anything?" She asked as Renald walked over to her pod, crouching near the small rectangle, highlighting a certain brick in a rusted, metallic brick wall. "Hmm....Something tells me to press this." He said as he pushed the metal brick. All of a sudden, the room shook with a rumble--creaking loudly as if it hasn't moved in ages. It opened up a passageway leading to a room of some sort.

There, they find...
>Weapons, Armor, and Outfits.(Armory)
>Dozens of hundreds of books, scrolls, and maps.(Library)
>Food; rows upon rows of them. From fresh, chilled meat to bread.(Food Supply+cafeteria)
>Gold. (Treasury)

I advice you pick 2 of the choices since there's one in each wall.


@Idea @Goddess Of Twilight @official clown business @Skylord Nexus @Unbreakable Patches @Feral Squirrel @ProfessorSobble
 

Idea

The Pun Tyrant The Gif Hydra
Question- how many choices can we pick, and how many do we HAVE to pick? Since you're "recommending two" I want to know what the numbers and risks are.
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top