• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Hunter's Moon: The Sin & Sentence [IC] [CLOSED]

Senya then stood upright, holding the urge to laugh at his request. She simply bowed in respect, “You have a good day, Grand Magus.” And walked away from him, heading to one of the tables Loque was sitting at.

As Anya and Gwen eventually found the hallway lined in doors leading to luxurious baths, they soon found Wesix departing from the first one on the right. He was wearing a black bath robe, which had been tied at the waist just so, as to not reveal his lower half to them. Still, they got quite a nice view of his chiseled abs and torso. He noticed them, and gave them a smile. "Ladies! My apologies, as I was kept a bit long by your kitsune friend. Please, use any of the rooms you see. I would offer my services to you, but it won't be much longer before you arrive at your destination. Perhaps next time? I'd love the chance to serve the two of you." A moment later, he gave them a deep bow before strolling past them on the way to the cabin area.

Uloth grunts at Seriphine's attempted diplomacy, finishing her meal without making any more mess or splattering juices and rendered fat on Seriphine's precious little face. She sits back and wipes her mouth with the large napkin like it was a rag rather than handling it with any sort of care. She looks over at Seri and finally gives a proper response, "Maybe nex' time, you'll mean it, aye?"

Takato had just missed Wesix, but it didn't matter as he had managed to find what appeared to be the bath area's only communal section - he wouldn't need to enter any of the other rooms, all of which appeared to be private, as now he could just access the washing area and avoid the bath. He respectfully took off his footwear, and made his way to the washing area, where he commenced his daily ablutions, washing his hands, his face, and rinsing his mouth. He'll have to find something for his teeth another time.

Wiping his face with a towel, and then proceeding to use it on his feet as well, he departed from the communal area and went down the hallway, bumping into Anya and Gwen, giving them a quick bow, before continuing onwards. Now to find where the others were.

"Say, you really want to learn it, yes? How about... I show you?"

The succubus perked up. "Oh yes, please! If you know the recipe, I'd love to learn it. I'd do anything to know it!" she said, quickly walking around to where Loque was sitting.

Meanwhile, Vincent gave Seriphine a nod. He went to say something but Uloth spoke before he could. Once she had finished, he looked to Seriphine again. "...She's right, you know. Simply saying the words doesn't have the power of actually putting meaning behind it." he stated, before smiling. "You're on the right track, though. Just keep at it."

It didn't take long for Takato to find the dining room, as it wasn't far from where their cabins were or the baths. And shortly afterwards, Wesix arrived in the dining area as well. He was dressed in a fresh suit, now. White with a black, partially unbuttoned shirt. No tie, as always. He glanced over to Inari, and gave her a warm smile.

Takato found the appearance of the dining room curious, rather fanciful in the Adonian style. Looking over the room, he noted the folks present - Uloth, Seriphine, and Vincent at one spot, Riberta, Aliana, Hudson and Gödrun at another, Jakob nearby, Senya walking over to Henderson and Loque, the latter appearing to be talking to Catsha, Inari appeared to have arrived earlier, and Venextos to the side smoking a pipe. Just as he had entered, so too did the demon from earlier who had woken them up - Wesix, presumably.

Takato walked over to Venextos, doing a casual bow as he stood beside him: "Good morning, Grand Magus. Slept well?"

Last edited:
"Oh yes, please! If you know the recipe, I'd love to learn it. I'd do anything to know it!"

Loque rubs her hands and cracks her knuckles as she stands up to get ready to start cooking 'Lord' Thorgran's most favored dish for this lowly succubus, and by extension whichever clients she may have next. "Ah! Show me to the kitchens then!" she says in anticipation to get started. Though it appears Senya seems interested too.

"Senya, would you have any care to sample a dish I am about to create? Misses Catsha and I are about to prepare it." she asks her.

Venextos was somewhat taken aback when Senya promptly left, and was furthermore concerned on whether or not he had accidentally touched a nerve of some sort. "Warden, I apologize if I insulted you in any way-" he began, but the Red Warden had already walked off. This had left him more confused than anything, but he also felt a bit guilty if he indeed had insulted her in some way. And then Takato came over. He still had not forgotten that strange conversation where the monk went in to detail on... unsavory things. He only returned a half-hearted nod as he focused on smoking.

Takato wasn't sure if Venextos had forgotten what he had shared the night before, but the half-hearted nod didn't instill any confidence in him. He sighed, as he watched the others. He did wish to break the ice between them, and began pondering on what he could share with the mage, before he got an idea.

"...Recalled have I that you had asked how I had gotten to be here," Takato began with a serious tone, "and when retorted, a glimpse was shared of your own story."

"My place it is not to ask, but if I were to share my tale, would you share yours?" the hermit monk asked his senior mage by how many years.

As she sat down, the demon succubus and Loque were talking about someone's favorite dish? Senya glanced at both of them, drinking water from her canteen. It was only until Loque needed her assistance that she was willing to try something. Senya planted her elbows on the long table with a neutral expression. "Yeah. I'm up for it," She easily nodded, turning to her. "That'll be three gold notes by the way." She smirked.

"I'll do you one better, promise." she says, pointing at Senya as she departs quickly for the kitchens. As the doors leading to them open, the familiar smells of boiling broths, sizzling spiced meats, and baked breads overtake her in waves, sensations so strong and so delicious that she pauses momentarily just to take them in some more. Each sweet scent brings back fond memories of when she used to cook... as well as many, many bad ones. Fortunately, their resurgence snaps Loque out of her culinary-induced trance, making her wipe her salivating mouth and forcing her to finally get down to business. The workstation that's been cleared for her is now packed with bottles and sacks containing everything she needs. Eggs, flour, butter, sugar, pork, olive oil, yogurt, peppers, honey, garlic, wine and more; all these ingredients are like notes to Loque as she composes the perfect song. Minutes pass as it all carefully comes together as the ovens burn and the pans fry. A little more oil, a little more spice, and a few more mixes in the sauce bowl until it's finally completed. Loque's finest dish, tailored specifically for the Icon himself, is now finished: a roasted and tender suckling pig's thigh that's been marinated and stuffed with buttered vegetables, bits of offal and herbs, and wrapped in a crispy and sweet canelé-like crust and dressed in creamy honey-garlic sauce with pepper flakes and seeds scattered on top of it. All the flavors and food groups within one bite, a dish fitting for the Icon of self-indulgence.

"...So there it is! My masterpiece!" she proudly and loudly proclaims, spreading her arms open as if embracing it's magnificence. "During my time as chef, this is the one thing he requested the most. He always loved it when I made this for him, until..." she stops herself before she says anything else. "...Nevermind, let's give this to Senya so she may finally sample it."

The giant platter it sits on is rested on a kitchen cart and is pushed out towards Senya, still waiting at the table and probably hungry too.

"Dinner order for a particular Red Warden?"

Senya raised her head when Loque called out her title, waiting for whatever surprise Loque had in store. She didn't really know what to expect as she was so used to eating modest food on the road. Senya used a metal knife and a fork to slice pieces of the platter into smaller portions. The food was familiar, tasted with honey-garlic sauce. A bit crisp and some smooth cream done in. Pretty good she had to say. Senya raised a thumbs up to give her initial impressions.

Last edited:
Loque clasps her hands in delight that someone new enjoys her cooking. "Worthy of five stars, am I right?"

“Quiet approval aside. I’m kind of surprised by the dish. Tastes good, the flavor mixed in pretty well and the sauce is creamy. A bit overwhelming but I was fine with it for the most part.” Senya explained more as she turned to Loque. She added in a shrug for good measure.

"Why, thank you!" Loque performs a bow, though a little confused by the shrug. "I conceived the idea behind it myself!"

Wesley was in his cabin. his eye closed as he foccused his meditation. only to be abruptly disturbed by a poorly-placed book from a top shelf falling and landing hard on the top of his head. this made the young vampire painfully yelp and reel back from his sitting position as his arms went over to where the area of the book hit him. he looked over to where the culprit that caused and found that it was the journal he wrote when he was hiding in Shoya. it was no use trying to meditate again, seeing as the contents in his journal were already interesting enough. he flipped a few pages until he reached one where he was most fond of.
-----------------
June 17th, 1779

A pleasant morning arrived in the small town of Jōshō-hana. the men have tended to their crops in preparation for harvest. while the women took care of the children and sending them to the local school. In the the shade of the buildings overlooking the crops. painting on the canvas of the farmers working on their fields. Wesley Wilch finished in the nick of time as Master Saito opens the sliding door and steps into the room

"Are you done?" He looks over to the painting. studying the details.

"You caught me in the nick of time." Wesley stands up from his pedestal and cleans up his hands from any leftover paint.

"Ahhh.. nicely done, young one... shall we start our training for today?" Master Saito said.

"Yes. Yes we shall." Both of them walked out of the room with Wesley closing the door behind them.

--------------
Wesley closes the journal and puts it safelt back into the knapsack where it wouldn't fall out the next time he meditated. he soon decied to get out of his cabin just so he can wander around and see the sights of this hellish place has to offer. He didn't introduce himself to his new groupmates just yet. as he was keeping silent and study their behavior from afar. he decides to go to the dining room first. and sees both Senya and Loque.

"Hello." He vowed, "I believe you are Senya and Loque?"

Senya raised an eyebrow at this stranger. I think she saw him at the boat or whenever they arrived. She turned to Loque if she wasn’t the only one to see the man. Senya switched back to the man, “Yes? Why?”

Well, well. Looks like the mute boy's finally started talking. His silent presence unnerved Loque, and made her very wary of him. While she can count on Senya to be friendly and Hudson to be a tremendous jackass, she had no at all idea on how to classify him.

"So, you can talk after all." she says to him.

Inari sauntered into the dining area, giving a thumbs up at the red warden whenever she got a chance glance at the woman, and eyed the others. No one was bashing bottles against their faces or slashing throats, so it seemed like a productive morning. She headed over to the food and looked the incredible excess over. While she enjoyed her special meal in the bath, this looked like she could have made a rather adventurous dish herself. More unfamiliar foods, all looking delicious.

She didn't want to stuff herself so she chose something light - a small cut of some type of cake, which she soon discovered to be a lemon pound cake. It crumbled in her grip and she quickly scarfed it down, smacking her lips, before perusing the beverages. Alcohol was out of the question, so she settled on some soft cider. An apple cider which went down like water.

She spotted Takato chatting with the sorcerer, Venextos, so she lingered towards them nonchalantly just to eavesdrop. Or annoy them. Her eyes mostly fell upon Venextos, and if he ever caught her gaze, she would gnash her teeth at him with a grin.

"Perhaps..." Venextos replied as he noticed Inari walk in and staring at him. She flashed him an odd grin, which got him to tilt his head so slightly and return his own soft smile as a retort. Who is she really? he thought to himself for a brief moment. "Though perhaps another time." he then said to the monk as he got up with his pipe in hand. "I have a few discussions to partake in in the time being."

He then began to make his way to Senya to speak an apology, but he then saw Inari flash him yet another grin. Now he had to know what was up with her. And so he course corrected and walked over to the Redonian: "Pardon me, but I don't believe we've properly met madame... yet you deliver a face to me with a strange visage. To whom do I owe this pleasure of chatting with?"

Inari drank down more cider and licked her lips clean. Once she had lowered the cup, she realized Venextos was heading her way now. She didn't know him, though his association with Takato put him rather low on the board of opinions. He was a sorcerer as well, a useful occupation, but an easily abusable one. Not to mention most magic wielders she had known were weird people, or very intense.

"Inari," she grinned, reaching out and giving him a hard pat on the shoulder. "I see you know monk man, too?"

Venextos turned his head to Takato for a moment before returning his gaze to Inari. "Indeed I do. We've had some talks about things, interesting conversationalist, but has a strange choice of topics to speak of sometimes." he said before tilting his head a bit. "And what about you? You seem to know him judging from how you spoke of him."

"Oh, yes! We come from similar home places," she nodded, considering what Venextos said. Could she play with him or perhaps aggravate whatever likely small relationship he had with Takato? She stepped closer to Venextos, her shoulder nearly bumping into his. Even if this did nothing, it was still good entertainment to you with the little wizard.

"Mmm... yes he say weird things sometimes, yes?" She cleared her throat and deepened her voice a little, which was already naturally husky. "You know... you know what he did, right? No wonder he in Abyss...."

Venextos frowned for a moment before responding. "He's an Oni. The door made me suspicious and Lady Tariun only confirmed my thoughts on his abyssal heritage."

He then leaned in closer: "And I think there's something different about you madame." he said with a slowly growing smile on his mouth.

"Many oni do bad things, why you think so much war happen in Redonia? He one of the worst. Many slaughter, he does, and he try to be kindly person to mislead unwary." Inari responded. She gave the wizard a grin of her own as he leaned in.

"Yes, there many thing different with me to him. Like I am woman, I use sword, I prettier." She suppressed a little giggle as she decided if he leaned in any further to be conspiratorial, she'd keep leaning in, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back