• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Hunter's Moon: The Sin & Sentence [IC] [CLOSED]

Jakob stopped at the moment she stumbled backwards. He wanted to get closer and hold her, but it was clear that the woman hated him only for the fact of being a Lycan. Jakob simply looked away, fixing his hat. "If you want to control the beast inside of you Anya, then think of good memories... try your gods damned best, to remember those times you relish the most, that'll be enough to control the wolf inside you. A god told me so." He began to walk away but he stoped a moment to look back at her. "...I'm sorry about your family, but you need to understand that Lycans are just like everyone else, people... some evil, some good... some are just unable to control themselves." He turned back around and walked towards Riberta and Vincent. As unjustifiable her hate might be, he would understand if that woman continued to hate him, losing your family... it a felling Jakob can relate to.

Vincent finally spoke up once Jakob had finished. "People, we need to find a way to work together if we're going to make it out of this place alive. Put aside your differences or hatred of one another, and focus." he said, looking back to Jakob and Riberta. He also glanced to Hudson as well, before turning back around. There was a crowd of Hollow up ahead, wandering down a shattered cobblestone street. "We should avoid these large clusters. If one of them decides to get handsy, we'd end up alerting the rest of them, or something worse." said Vincent, motioning towards the horde, before pointing towards a nearby alleyway that featured some stairs leading up between two nearby buildings. "Gwen, how good are you with that rifle of yours?" he asked, glancing back to the Elf. "Now would be a good time to show Aliana the basics of shooting, eh? Take her and head up to high ground. We can take the low ground. Jakob, go with her. Riflewomen need a little close quarters assistance."

Riberta cut Vincent a look, before looking down to Aliana. "It'll be alright, little one. Just do whatever Gwen and Jakob tell you. You'll be just fine." she said, with a smile. Vincent then spoke again, pointing out a road which lead beneath a collapsed tower which was lodged between two buildings. "We'll head through there. Quietly."

Inari watched Anya carefully for a moment, wondering if the woman was going to lose it again to the werewolf within her. That was quite the curse. She often let her own inhibitions lose and kept a handle on them at certain times, but she wasn't sure how she'd be if she could rarely control them. She could - she just didn't want to. Usually. Maybe they could find some magic to help that woman.

The kitsune waved goodbye to Gwen as she was directed to go off with some others, and the talk about high ground gave her an idea. Inari sought out Uloth and looked up at the orc.

"You very tall woman. Can I sit on shoulders? I want to see far!"

Hudson met Vincent's gaze for a short moment as he spoke, any deeper meaning to his message for the group lost on him. Of course he was focused at this point, so long as none of the psychopaths in the party were trying to eat him or assault him he would be fine in combat. The man is incredibly daft if he would suspect him to risk life and limb for the vast majority of their 'compatriots' however. He simply nodded as he started to set off for the road. The hunter kept his eyes on the pack of Hollows, observing how they move and acted with their generally sluggish nature. Not too different from zombies, but this place was uncharted territory so he wished to be as prepared as he could possibly be.

No questions needed to be asked from Loque since the ruined and decayed condition of the city answered any question she might've had. The only one that still doesn't have an answer is 'where's the priest', but considering the poor state of just about everything in front of them, finding him probably wouldn't be too hard. More than likely he's living it up in some fancy looking church building, one sticking out like a sore thumb in the midst of all this concrete rot. He might even be the only potential threat in Sheol too, as these Hollows look too enveloped in their meaningless shambling to care about anything else around them. To properly gauge their threat level however, she singles one out as part of a test, one that's wandered off from he others.

Loque points at it. "Vincent, may I test something?"

"I can be of service by scouting out a path for us to traverse from the air. That way we can get to the priest faster and avoid as many of these hollows as possible." Venextos suggested to Vincent, eager to help.

Uloth, already burdened by her pack and her Vickers, looks at Inari for a moment then grunts, "Nho, I'm already carryin' enough at tha' moment, dunnae need more on me shoulders." She continues to plod along, the muzzle of the Vickers bobbing and sweeping as she keeps an eye on where the threats are. The place was a dump and she's sure the priest is probably in a slightly less dumpy spot, she doubts he's in anything lavish given that would have stuck out completely from the train platform. She watches Aliana, Gwen, and Jakob split off from the party and she veers to remain with the party and hopefully evade any big fights that would give away their presence in the city.

"Hmmph." Inari watched the orc carry along with a slight huff. So much for that. Riberta seemed less approachable, so she simply followed along with the others, her hand resting on her sword as they entered into the city proper. With luck there would be some other demons rather than these mindless hollows that simply wandered about.

Takato placed his hand on Venextos' shoulder, before joining in his suggestion.

"Four eyes are better than two, Grand Magus. Especially as traversal in the air isn't a difficulty for me," he commented, proposing himself to join the mage.

Aliana was unsure of working with Gwen, knowing how she felt about her. She'd be disappointed working with Gwen, preferring to stay with people she liked to be around, but forgoes her opinion in favor of Riberta's reassurance. She looks up at Riberta, nodding, then letting go of her hand and holding her rifle properly. Jakob would be here as well, so nothing can go wrong. Hopefully, she thought, there wouldn't be any trouble as they go along. If she fucks up one more time, she can expect a sword in her back, or worse.

She adjusts her side cap, looking down at the ground as she's shuffled along with Gwen and Jakob. Was the cracked amulet affecting her this much? She doesn't know the exact properties of the amulet, or how it keeps her calm. This is magic she has no knowledge of, or wants to know at the moment. Aliana's hands grip the rifle tighter, as a small pang of anger hit her. Her parents did something to this gem, probably to try and control her...

"Do you understand now?!" The voice returns. "They didn't love you!" She drowns out the beast with thoughts of Riberta and Jakob. "I'll be fine, I'll be fine!" She repeats to herself in her mind, staving off the thoughts for now, but not for long.

"Let's just get this over with." She says, flatly, to both Jakob and Gwen.

Gwen stepped off of the train, feeling a lot more refreshed than she had been when she woke up. She even seemed like she was in a better mood now, too. Muttering to herself before looking across the much less opulent landscape, she shrugged. "Ah... this place reminds me of that time I had to carry myself over to one of those dark elf islands." She visibly shuddered for effect, shaking her head. "Eugh. Nasty place, it was. All dark, and brooding, and cold." She pondered a moment, before looking to the shambling hordes in the streets. "...The slaves they had there conducted themselves a lot like that, too! Mm. Maybe a bit less clustered, though." Vincent informed her that she'd be working alongside Aliana and Jakob. Two who she hadn't really spoken to yet, but had enough of a feeling of them that they'd at least conduct themselves well.

She looked down to her rifle, more importantly. "...They call this a rifle?"

Whilst she was distracted by her, in all honesty, unneeded spiel of reminiscence, she was a little surprised at how Aliana had come up. Much less... what was it? Scared? Perturbed? Than she'd first seen her. A single eyebrow raised itself in her fellow elf's direction, before Gwen looked across the more empty street. With few appealing options, she pointed over to the alleyway between buildings. "...Mnn. Anyway, we should head up there. High ground's much easier to shoot from. Plus I ah, imagine it'd be easier if we funnel in those things somewhere, rather than have the open street to worry about, mhm?"

Jakob looked to Vincent, giving him a nod before looking back to Gwen and Aliana. He was surprised by Gwen's reaction. She was carrying this weapon around, and didn't even know what it was called? "Hm...alright. You're right, madame. Lets go, ladies. I see a good place for us to practice from." He then looked at Aliana, and gave the young lady a friendly smile. "Hey, nice trigger discipline. Good start." He gave her a thumbs up, before walking along with Gwen.

"We'll meet back up at the train platform once we deal with the Priest here." said Vincent, as they began to walk away. He then looked at Loque, as she asked about testing something on one of the hollows that had moved away from the horde. "If it doesn't draw a lot of attention, sure. Be careful." he replied, before looking to Venextos and Takato. "There may be flying demons here as well, so I'd suggest that both of you be careful, too. If you spot anything, come back and let us know." He then motioned towards the empty street with the fallen tower over it. "Let's start walking, and keep an eye out for anything suspicious." He then flicked the safety lever off on his rifle, and started to stroll across. As they moved, they kept an eye on the horde, while Loque moved to do whatever she planned on doing. Gwen, Jakob, and Aliana broke off, moving towards the alleyway with the stairs.

Aliana simply looked up at Jakob, and gave him a fairly weak smile. She's only copying Gwen, after all, she doesn't deserve the praise or anything for that matter. She kept her eyes to the ground, drawing circles in the dirt with her foot, before walking along with the small group.

She looked up to the sky, and found nothing to comfort her, no stars or light to discover. Were she only home, she'd be able to count the start formations and be at ease.

"I wonder what this place looked like back when it was built..." She remarked, brushing a hand over the walls as she passes by them. It probably always looked this way, decrepit and crumbling as it is, and always shall be.

"They are no slaves." Gödrun spoke suddenly after having be her quiet self for a prolonged time.
She walked slowly through the group as she took the shield from her back and lifted her sword in front of her mask. "They arth mere husks of demons and mortals alike. They require no redemption, for naught remains to redeem. They are nothing."

Gödrun continued to walk past the group as she whispered to her sword, solem in potestam, and the sword lit up as it had before but now in a more gradual fashion instead of exploding brightly.
"The foul being thou seekest, the priest of the dead, the damnable Sangron, cursed be his name for eternity by the righteous fire, takes refuge in the Cathedral of the Damned. His hellish reign of a place of such pious depiction has come to an end."

"Damnation of the highest order shalt be him truly befitting." she finished as she took her place next to Hudson in the front of the pack.

Last edited:
Takato nodded to Vincent, before turning towards Venextos and stepping back a bit.

"The lead is yours, Grand Magus," he said, as he pulled out a small box from within his robe, and from it, removing a pair of talisman-like cards. Putting the box back into his robe, the two cards in his hands began glowing and getting loose. He wrapped both of them around his ankles. Flight by itself isn't a hard task at all, but the cards do ensure that any error on the part of the person flying could be mitigated, such as falling unconscious for whatever reason.

That lone shambling Hollow doesn't even know what's coming to it as Loque cracks her knuckles when she's within range. Checking to see if anyone's watching, she undoes the mask portion of her helmet and creeps up rather uncomfortably close to it. Something stretches out of it, some sort of appendage. The others were too far away to get a close look, and impeding their vision more was the fact she had her back towards them. Whatever it was, it extends from her mask and goes right towards the Hollow's neck. It bites down hard and rips out a large chunk when Loque retracts it; the bloody piece still ensnared within its jaws as it does. The Hollow doesn’t even notice that it’s got a nice piece of its neck missing as it continues slowly walking forward, only finally wincing in pain a few more seconds after the fact. It moans and thrashes around blindly, albeit just as sluggishly as it was before, until it finally stops and simply falls to the floor like a sack of rocks. Loque didn’t even move during its final death throes, except to avoid getting some extra blood spilled on her boots.

She snaps her now-slightly bloodied mask back shut and returns to the group.

“Yeah.” is all she has to say.

Last edited:
"...I suppose." Senya nodded to Gödrun's comment about the hollows throughout Sheol. Gwen, Aliana and Jakob splited from the main group while Takato and Vex did their own thing. She followed Vincent, acting as some sort of bodyguard.

Venextos returned his own nod to both Vincent and Takato as he stepped ahead to a clearer area before preparing himself for flight. He twirled his fingers for a bit as he muttered an incantation, causing clouds of black smoke to appear around him, coalescing onto him as he seemingly shrunk in size and his form transformed. His own cloak served to be the feathers of his body and his arms transformed into wings. And soon enough he finished turning into a large raven, albeit slightly off color and slightly larger than one would expect, and began his flight upwards to the skies.

Takato looked confused and intrigued by the sudden shift in form Venextos had taken. Could the Grand Magus not fly otherwise? Questions for later, as he quickly followed the raven-formed mage, with a quick leap into the air seamlessly shifting into flight.

"Everything's a slave to those folk." he muttered to Gödrun. "Don't waste your breath explaining any of that to them." Hudson told her, sword drawn as he kept on walking down the road. His eyes kept scanning for any change in enemy movements as they slowly advanced. He still didn't trust her in entirety, but if she was familiar with where their target was he would be a fool to not take advantage.

"If you know of him, do you know the quickest way to him?"

"Many a servants of his I hath offered absolution to by the grace of the righteous flame, hath foretold of his title and his twisted bastion." she continued, keeping her gaze and stride forward.

"I hath not witnessed neither being nor structure. But alas, The righteous flame, bestowed upon this weapon by the blessed grace of the mother of mothers, praise be onto her, instills in me divine conviction. I know he is here."

Last edited:
Inari watched curiously as Venextos changed into a large raven and took flight, with Takato in tow. Just how the hell were you supposed to trust someone who could turn into a bird? He was already a mage so that went against him, but the bird transformation made it much worse.

["Tōsatsu,"] she snorted to herself, unaware of whatever the Atracan translation would be.

"Now, I'm not one to ask rude questions to a lady, unsolicited" Henderson said as he walked to Loque "But can you explain, just what in Adona's balls was that?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back