• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Hunter's Moon: The Sin & Sentence [IC] [CLOSED]

"I'm good, thank you," Senya replied politely, turning to the group eating their breakfast. Vex said he was pondering many great things, but what that was he didn't answer. She leaned in for a moment, still eying the entire group. "What do you think of this group so far? Yesterday was not pleasant, but they're not bickering at the moment. Of course, most likely the train's luxuries," Senya gestured upward. While the food and comfortable services were great, it's probably the only thing that's distracting the group from each other. Once they leave and enter Sheol, it'll be a different experience for sure. She hoped Vincent could straighten them out before it's too late.

It was a while after every one else had woken up that Gwen had finally awakened. She's not exactly a mornings type of person. Especially considering what she usually used to do at night. She's dressed up in the bare minimum she can to make herself look decent, along with her cloak wrapped tightly around her body. That'll at least prevent her from having any unfortunate run-ins with the rest of the crew. She hadn't slept this well in a while. Ever since she'd... done time magic stuff, her sleeping conditions were less than ideal. But this abyssal train? Ooh, well it was just perfect for her. The rooms spacious, the beds comfortable, and the decor rather tasteful. No doubt in no small part because of the demons of lust having a bit more of an aesthetic-conscious mind, after all.

...They did say something about having a bath room, didn't they? She stumbled her way through the halls, trying to find out just where it was. She... wasn't exactly paying attention when they were talking about the rooms of the train. She was focused on other things.

Gödrun nodded as Hudson spoke about caring about only a few of the party.
"Perhaps thine caring nature makes thee lest sinful than thou thinkst?" she said, staring at the wall.

"I think its a group of strange, disparate people who have no cause nor reason to ever be together had this crisis not ever come to be. Yet desperate times call for desperate measures, and perhaps a bit of unconventional is what we need in the grand scheme of things." the wizard replied as he looked around. "A bit of faith in people, no matter what kinds they are, can go a long way..."

He then looked at the Warden for a moment before speaking again. "I'm sure you probably do not share my sentiments."

The hunter also stared at the wall. "I look after my own. All I've ever done." he admitted, hands hanging limply from the wrists laying on his knees. "I've only recently truly started to care about other people. It all comes too late for me, though. Being down here, doing this... It might be the only chance I have for absolution."

"Ahh" Gödrun responds with a long pause.
"The path of retribution is long and hard, fair hunter. None can tread in thine place. Thine suffering shalt be terrible, before thee can know true absolution" Gödrun replied with a raspy voice, as a single tear rolled down from beneath her mask.

Senya shook her head, "No, I agree with you. I see potential in the group. However, it'll take some time and enemies to slay before they realize how important this contract is. I wish for something better, but, this is our only chance to delay Taranoch."

"Not just Taranoch... but the rest of the Icons too. Sazak the most of them all. They are all a threat." Venextos replied before taking another puff from his pipe before making a change of subject. "Do tell, have you ever tried dwarvish pipe weed?" he asked as he raised his pipe up to her with his hand.

"You sound like you speak from experience." Hudson replied, unable to pick up on her tear due to both ignorance and her hidden visage. "i had been given a life I never even imagined I could have, much less deserved. Being given this mission is my way of earning it." he said, voice sounding somewhat detached.

"And why have you been sent to rot down here? You talk as if you come even before the Dark Ages."

"Never heard of it." Venextos raised his pipe weed towards Senya, who looked a bit confused by the name dwarvish pipe weed. It was an odd peace offering for sure. The Red Warden grabbed the pipe, smoking it slowly. It was a little light in her mind, but it might have been the body alterations talking. She twirled the pipe, inspecting the material. "How'd you get it?"

"It was quite rare ever since the dwarves disappeared, they have a special way of growing and cultivating it. But ever since their return with everything that has been happening, it's been in abundance again, much to my own delight. It's quite relaxing, helps take a bit of the stress away, although the taste is something that is acquired over time I must admit."

He saw the Warden smoke it and then chuckled. "What do you think of it?"

Gödrun remained quiet for some time before answering.
"In ages long forgotten, I was cast into this dark abyss by corrupted pawns. I have served, reluctantly, under the yoke of the Icon of Wrath. But through mine of suffering and actions, I hath regained mine own will and divine spirit. Thusly, I hath been mandated to carry out hither task most difficult."

Gödrun didn't even look around if there were any demons listening.

"To put mine sanctioned blade to the throat of Taranoch and end his infernal reign."

"It's alright." She said in a somewhat content tone, but she was more focused on other matters if she had to be honest. She passed the dwarvish pipe weed to his hands, thanking him for the try at least. Speaking of the dwarves coming back in abundance, it begged the question she wanted to ask. "The Church's members stated time was becoming undone, bringing these major races back in the known world. Do you think this is a permanent effect even if we retrieve the Ring of Adona? I don't know much about Adonian politics. But these mass purges, are they necessary?" Senya raised an eyebrow.

The hunter gave a chuckle at that despite himself, unable to hold himself back. The group had a side mission of at least slaying Sazak but fighting Taranoch himself was far more than a tall order.

"Well at least you know how to aim high, eh?" Hudson said, sitting himself up better. "Can't promise that running with this lot will get you to him, or if we'll even survive this fight in Sheol." he said, rolling his neck slightly. "Far be it from me to stop the extremely convicted from carrying out their task."

Gödrun looked at the easy-going hunter, almost chocked as he did not take his task seriously.
"It seems to me thou arth not taking thine task at thine gravest. Were I any other despicable being, I would wish upon thee a fate similar to mine own. But alas, as a chosen champion of justice, I must refrain from uttering such curses."

Gödrun stopped and prayed for a brief moment.
"Prithee, good hunter. Cast thine anger aside and devote thine focus to the task at hand."

"Or perhaps the task is simply so grave that I'd rather see it at face value." he defended. "Were I in a team of honorble champions picked by Velin herself I might be in higher spirits." Hudson added, yet he shook his head yet again.

"Anger is my focus. And you better believe I am fully devoted to the task. Trouble is simply believing things will go a certain way won't change what's coming. I'll always go out fighting if I am to meet my end."

Last edited:
It was now time to stop doubting if her Mother of Mothers were the same being, and lend to the steeling of her fellow companions.
"Fret not, good hunter." Gödrun replied gently as she looked down towards Hudson, "Thou stand next to Velins champion. For as long as the glorious sun shineth upon a sky of azure, I shalt stand by thine side in thine service of righteousness."

"Time... and fate... they work in strange ways. No one can truly know if its reversible or not. Not until we actually try would it actually be known to us." Venextos replied. "Meddling with either or both is a dangerous thing. It is something I know all too well."

He took his pipe back into his hand and took another puff from it. "My own pupil paid the price for my hubris and intentions, however noble they might be. That is something that will weight on me forever."

She turned and kept moving as well, heading back to her cabin, only to again run into another member of the group. Anya. "Ah hah! My favorite wolf lady! You eat well? I eat well, too, demon bring me many good food!"

Anya paused as Inari addressed her and was arrested by the woman's beauty. Slightly embarrassed, she nodded and answered quickly, but politely. "Um, yes. Yes, food was very good, there was lot of food to choose from. Your bath was good as well?"

"Ah, yes! Bath and food very good! Made like how I get back home, good rice, fish, and sake - alcohol," she giggled slightly. She certainly got lucky there with Wesix helping her keep her human appearance. Otherwise she could've spent nearly an hour, if not longer, in there trying to fix it.

"Water was warm, nice soaps. Demon help lend a hand. Many hands, actually!"

"Ah," Anya said, cracking a mysterious smile. She seemed to know exactly what Inari meant by her last statement. "I will see you when I am fresh," she said, and then rushed rather shamelessly into the bath stalls.

"Of course!" She said gregariously, slapping Anya on the shoulder as she hurried past. Good to see that the wolf woman was doing better, or so it seemed. High spirits were good in the morning, though the trick was keeping them up until bed time.

Whistling to herself, Inari went back to her cabin and changed her kimono into her second set - one of three she had - and began to put on her armor, shawl, and a few personal items. It took her a moment to pull her boots on, still a little awkward with such large, encompassing footwear, before she fastened her swords to her waist. She figured everyone was dining somewhere since the rooms were rather sparse.

Fortunately, it didn't take her long to find the dining hall itself. She pushed the doors open and stepped inside, arms held wide open. "Ah, I find party! And many more food!"

“Time and fate, your pupil.” She repeated, turning to him as his hood concealed the top of his face. “You mentioned you weren’t an ordinary mage, and judging by your knowledge you seem quite fascinated by the past.” Her face changed into a quizzical one, wanting to know more about this man. “Should I ask how you became a mage?”

"Only if you share your own story." Venextos quickly replied with a chuckle. "I'm sure yours would be more interesting than mine anyhow."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back