• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Hunter's Moon: The Sin & Sentence [IC] [CLOSED]

"You're quite right about that. The tongue is not the only thing that can taste, you know." responds Loque, tapping the eye-holes of her helmet. The first thing that had the unfortunate honor of being shoved down her throat was a bagel that had been smothered in creamed cheese and had sliced fish draped on top of it neatly like a tablecloth. Seemingly unaffected with food in her mouth, Loque resumes speaking with a question. "So, I suppose while we are here enjoying some delicious company, I feel compelled to ask a rather... personal question."

Not wanting those that may be around to listen in to what she'll say next, she leans in over her plate to whisper at Anya. "... Just what in all the hells happened last night?" The tone of her voice suggested genuine concern, rather than the judgmental bite she use to have way earlier.

Riberta paused behind Hudson, leaning in and sniffing the food before him. "Hmm..." she murmured, "...Smells fine to me." She glanced down to Hudson, her red eyes gazing upon him. "...Maybe I'm lying, though." she added after a moment, before straightening up and wandering around the table. It all looked and smelled delicious, a feast that she would have loved to have had she still been human. Or even just a lycan. As a hybrid, though, she couldn't eat it. She gathered some food that she assumed that Aliana would like, putting it onto a plate, before sitting down at the table near where Loque and Anya were sitting. She pulled a canteen off her belt again, taking a gulp from it, before closing it back up and putting it away.

"... Just what in all the hells happened last night?"

Riberta's enhanced hearing picked out the whisper, but she didn't say anything for now. She did want to know the answer, though. The woman went rabid, and tried to kill the little elf lycan that had been glued to her this whole trip so far. Was she just incapable of controlling herself? Riberta had heard of cases over the years where some lycans simply could not control themselves regardless of what they tried. Often staying in a state of mid-transformation. The presence of alphas, the pack leaders of the lycans, didn't even phase them. It had been nicknamed 'Blood Moon Syndrome' by the Orders, or simply the 'Mark of the Red Moon' for other lycans. It was certainly a rarity, though.

As soon as Loque leaned in to ask her "personal question," Anya knew what was coming next. She shrunk back a bit into her coat before replying. "I do not control the wolf, I am standing on one side of door, pushing, pushing... and wolf pushes back from other side. Wolf is very strong," she said, and then, with a very dark expression she added, "wolf is stronger than I am. Sometimes she pushes, and sometime she stops playing and breaks door down. She grabs me and I am helpless; I go where she goes, do what she does- no choice. She leaves me only when she wants to. If I am scared, or weak, or full of anger, the wolf comes. And yesterday, I was..." she trailed off a moment as she reached for her vodka with a trembling hand. Watching it carefully, she paused just before her hand reached the glass, and on cue, her claws appeared, extending just enough to tap the class with a subtle clink, sending ripples through the surface of the spirit.

Anya snatched up the glass and downed it. "Yesterday was not good. Velin scare me, Abyss scare me, demon scare me, and then elf girl... She fires rifle, and wolf breaks down door. Others try to speak to me, but only wolf hear them. And wolf's rage does not go just because you tell it to. Wolf needs something to chase, something to kill. When Xager punish us all with spell to hold in place, the wolf grow only restless, and wanted kill. But inside, I still fight- I tell wolf, use anger to run, and run hard. Leave this place... And so wolf took me far away in wrong direction. There I find demon at wrong time, and wolf nearly leaves me. Then I open door, and call it back. Much easier than pushing," she added with a sorrowful smile. "Wolf and I agree, the gods are not fair to us. Life is not good this way, me and wolf, sharing a body. I miss my family and my home, but they are gone. Now I am in hell-place doing gods' bidding. Not fair," she repeated.

"Killing demon was easy. Hollow demon doesn't fight. The wolf was happy with the kill, and when I return to camp I am Anya again."

“Mmmm...” Loque downs an entire glass of wine without pausing before reaching for another as she listens to Anya speak. For a moment, she pitied Anya. This woman needs help. Badly. Loque cannot say she knows how it feels to be under some sort of split personality that only wants to kill, but she understands the horror of it. “I see. I had always considered you werewolves could control when and where you shift. Clearly now I know this isn’t the case, especially with you... no offense.” A banana is next to be devoured whole. “Have you considered speaking to the other werewolves that were unfortunate to follow us on this suicide march? Maybe they might have a little secret which may help you. Even if they don’t, I think it’s worth asking regardless.” Next, an entire chicken, piece by piece. “And you are right about that. Velin’s cursed us all to do her dirty bidding while she plays knight all the way up in the sky. If only she cared enough to do something about your affliction, am I right?”

Anya's expression darkened further still. "I am fighting wolf, always. I know I need help, but help can come from human, not from other wolf. Wolf kill my husband, kill my son, take everything from me- make me like them." There was a yellow flash in Anya's eyes as she irritably stabbed at her food with a fork. "I try find them, try to kill them. Wolf inside takes over. I get revenge- and then some! Did to woman and child what was done to my own family. It was murder... I couldn't..." she closed her eyes and sunk back into her coat a bit, and the changes subsided. She calmly took another bite of her food before looking back up at Loque. "Velin is doing something about it. She is having all wolves killed, so story like mine doesn't happen again. And if she didn't, I would."

After a few enjoyable minutes in the bath and lots of bubbles, Aliana emerges from the bath, and dries herself off, after nearly slipping a few times trying to retrieve the towels. Now she was clean and devoid of dirt. She hadn't had this wonderful of a bath in years, almost wanting to live in this train just for the bath alone. A luxury she unfortunately can't experience all the time, which leaves her a bit sad. She nearly lost her amulet in the bath as she brought it with her, but saved it from falling into the drain at the last second. Being clumsy could cost her her life later, something that isn't all too good an idea for her.

She redresses, now completely dry, finding how nice her clothes feel after cleaning herself. Even the floor feels better under her feet, as she walks out of the bathroom. If only she had this sort of thing back when she was at home, how fancy and clean the water is compared to what her parents had. She stands in the hallway now, then finding her way back to the rooms to gather the rest of her clothes and put them on. These hallways almost seem confusing to navigate to her, but she finds her way around to the dining room after dressing completely. There were already a few people here, but she finds Riberta sitting nearby and goes to her. The dining hall was huge, as massive as the church she was forced into before she embarked on this journey.

"I'm clean, for once!" She says, sitting down next to Riberta. These are comfortable chairs, though the table seems massive. Aliana sees the plate of food in front of her, leaning forward in her chair. Meat! Steak! And lots of other vegetables! Her face lights up, having not eaten a proper, full meal in forever! She looks up at her, trying to use her most convincing puppy-dog eyes for permission to eat. Aliana at least had some manners, wanting to wait. Riberta didn't seem to need to eat, but spotted the canteen and assumed that's all she needed. The food smelled wonderfully vibrant regardless, making her stomach jump in anticipation. "Who cooked this? It smells amazing~." She stares at the steak, salivating at the thick, juicy meat.

Riberta listened in, as Anya explained herself, before glancing over as Aliana sat down next to her. "Go ahead and eat as much as you want. Our hosts apparently prepared it for us." she said, giving Aliana a smile, before looking back over to Anya and Loque. Really, Anya sounded a bit like her...at least her a long, long time ago. Riberta expression softened a bit, before she drank a bit more from the canteen. So many years...so many dead. She eventually spoke up. "Velin's killing everyone else too...even those that don't deserve it." said Riberta. "And she's acting like a child while doing it." Soon, she sighed. "...I'm sorry for your loss, by the way. I lost my husband and daughters a long time ago."

Vincent sat down near Hudson, examining the food a bit before making a plate for himself. The steak was basically perfect. Nothing he had experienced before could compare. "My compliments to the chef." he said, glancing towards Cat. She grinned. "Thank you. I cooked it all myself." she replied with a gentle bow. He gave her a surprised look. "How did you learn to cook so well?" he asked, before slicing another portion of the steak and eating it. "I learned from one of Lord Thorgran's finest chefs, under Lord Ralvas' orders." she responded, as she straightened up.

With her hand that isn’t carrying another glass of wine, Loque makes a rude gesture at Riberta.

“Excuse me, but this is a private conversation. Unless, you’d like to join in?”

She turns her head back towards Anya. “She’s right though. Like I said to you earlier, Velin’s just an angry child playing the role of a god. Not a very good combination, I reckon-“ Before her mockery of Velin could continue, something captures her ears from the other side of the table.

"I learned from one of Lord Thorgran's finest chefs, under Lord Ralvas' orders."

Cat might’ve been a little distance away from Loque, but she heard that loud and clear, especially the name ‘Lord Thorgran’.

Diiiid you now...” she says rather slowly.

Last edited:
Aliana smiled wide, before taking the steak in her hands and burying her fangs into it. She tears it apart with a ravenous hunger she's not experienced before, only seen when she turns into a beast. At least her enhanced bite strength transfers over to her human form, easily tearing out chunks of the steak and ignoring how hot it is. It tasted...perfect. Perfection was the only way to describe such a steak, having been prepared with such meticulous precision that it's impossible to think such a thing exists in the Abyss. She could squeal in happiness!

As she tears apart her food like a starved animal, she overhears what Riberta is saying, but tunes it out over time unintentionally. The meat was so good she couldn't ignore it for long. Her stomach then tells her to slow down, having not eaten in so long it was a bit too much too soon. Her face contorts a bit, as she holds her food down, successfully doing so with a bit of effort.

"This is great..." She whispers to herself, before finishing the steak in its entirety with a few more strategic bites. The vegetables were then eaten with a spoon, slowly, as she can't just slam her face into the plate and expect to eat it all like a dog. She was only part lupine, anyways, and she'd rather not lose herself in these small ways lest she fully succumb to the beast. She then heard that the horn-y woman made all this food. She'll have to give her a hug as thanks, later on. And Hudson says these 'demons' are treacherous beings, or something like that. She thinks that maybe he's being a bit paranoid...

Her plate is cleared in its entirety, as she holds it up to her face so she can lick the rest of steak juices from it. If only she could eat like this every day down here, but then she'd get fat, and that's not something she wants at the moment. The plate is put down, as she rests her head on the table, satisfied with the meal and finishing it all in record time, letting out a happy and content sigh.

Inari stepped into the bathing room and looked around at the chamber. This was far more luxurious than she had anticipated. The style was somewhat peculiar, not quite what one would see in Kowareta, but it wasn't bad. A little too many flowers and vases for her like, and the gold trim was a little gaudy. She preferred warm stone and bamboo. Something one would find at a hotsprings. Her ancestral home had a rather nice spring within the castle grounds that she spent a lot of time in. And why not? Bathing was fun. She got to look at herself and her servants, and enjoy their personal time. Combined with food, sometimes music, it made a very enjoyable experience. Hopefully this place would live up to their advertisement. Inari had known many geisha in her time, and quite a few of them liked to talk large. Perhaps the demons could back up what they said.

She dropped her kimono and stepped around the bath, stopping briefly at the mirror to look herself over. Her body was practically pristine - porcelain skin, long silky black hair, and her haunting pale eyes. It was all a projection, of course. Her real body, her kitsune figure, bore all the scars and damage from a life time of warfare. She may have been able to heal well enough, but some rather bad wounds left behind their mark.

Once the bath was judged sufficient, she stepped into it and settled down, kicking up her feet. She brought her sword into the water with her and leaned it up against her arm. The water was just the right temperature.

Now all she needed was the food and entertainment. It better be good.

Seriphine glanced at the others in the cabin with great suspicion, staring at Vincent for a long time as the man seated himself next to her. Was he not aware of the customs? Of course he's not. As the others went about with their own affairs Seriphine drifted off in thoughts...

A very, very, long time ago...

The forest was littered with dead bodies. Some bore armor and finely crafted weapons while others had been equipped with rudimentary protection or had no protection at all. Soldiers. Civilians. They were all scattered about and had been slain. There was no pattern or formation, no, by the look of things the people had been fleeing when they were struck down. In reality these people had been survivors from another attack.

Having believed that they could march at a slow pace as their opponent feasted within their own halls the people had been unprepared for a second strike. Their opponent had not spent a minute feasting as they thought. Instead they had descended upon them from three different flanks and attacked mercilessly. Soldiers of different races with primitive armor and enchanted chains around their necks had charged through the forest as their warcries echoes far and wide while their Elven masters, clad in obsidian armor masked by cloth and pelts, had followed closely.

Now all that remained of the city's population were about two dozen people. They had been selected and captured for one purpose: to increase the ranks. At least that was the best option at hand.

Slowly Seriphine made her way through the forest, taking care to inspect the casualties. Initial reports from her officers indicated that her own forces had only sustained light casualties with a mere three fatalities, fifteen light injuries and one mortally injured. As she approached the flock of captured Men her own soldiers bowed their heads and whispered her name. As they did their collars glowed in the dark gently. Not all of the thralls bore collars however.

Positioned around the prisoners of war were several scarred thralls. They bore neither chain nor collar and wore reinforced armor. These men (and women) were proven and their loyalty had been tested. They had accepted their fate and through their acceptance renounced the title of slave and emerged as loyal servants of the Elven Realm.

Standing near the prisoners were also Faelnir, Seriphine's right hand. The Elf wiped the blood off of his blade at a woman who began to whimper in fear. After sheathing his blade the elf bowed his head. "[General, your prisoners as instructed.]"

Seriphine smirked and returned the bow before turning to inspect the captured men and women. Most appeared to be strong. Well-fed. She grabbed one man by the cheeks to forcibly turn his head. The man stared at her with widened eyes while she inspected him like cattle. Once she finished inspecting his face Seriphine used her golden claws to rip open his shirt, revealing his bare chest covered in sweat. He was strong. She ran her hand along his muscles and smirked before looking up at Faelnir. "[A good catch. All of them. You do me honor.]"

Faelnir bowed his head once more. "[Only the best for House Ironwind, general.]"

She stood up. "Men of the neutral territories. Today is the best day of your life. Today you enter service of the Elven Realm as thralls of the Ironwind Huntmastress. This great honor is not bestowed upon many. Some of you will be taught how to fight, some of you will work and some of you will be honored with the daunting task of expanding our numbers."

Seriphine paused, glancing at the whimpering woman who continued to cry. She approached her slowly.

"If you prove yourself- like the men before you- you will no longer bear the chains or titles of slaves but rather as loyal servants. If you manage to prove yourself you will be free- in death."

The woman gurgled as Seriphine slit her throat.

Now...

Seriphine made her way towards the dining hall without much as a word. Inspecting the food (and their hostess) with even greater suspicion she relaxed somewhat as one of the lycans, Riberta, confirmed that the food was safe to eat upon request by Hudson. Serving herself a large platter with boiled eggs, freshly baked bread and some more extravagant food and herbs Seriphine sat down near Vincent and began to eat in silence. Her ears twitched as she listened in on the others.

Inari didn't have to wait long, as soon enough Wesix returned with a wooden platter featuring two bowls and a plate of something that smelled quite delicious. He also now had a change of clothes, wearing a black robe of his own. "Here you are, madame." he said, sitting the platter on the flat side of the tub. A little out of the way, so that she didn't knock it off onto the floor and spill everything. "Taimeshi red sea bream on rice, Shikairō Champon, and Kasutera." he said, pointing out each dish. Next to the dishes were a bottle with two saucers. "Premium sake." he said, motioning to the bottle. He really went all out with her meal, it seemed. "Only the best for such a lovely kitsune." he then said, with a smile.

------
Vincent glanced over to Seriphine, as she sat down and began to eat in silence. She was rather quiet, compared to the other elves in the group. Only speaking when she needed to, but when she did, it was rather forceful and commanding. And frankly insulting. What was she, a warlord from the Age of Darkness? Perhaps prior to it? He watched her for a few moments, taking note of her ear twitching, before returning to eating his steak.

Meanwhile, Cat looked to Loque. "Indeed! It was sort of a requirement. Lord Ralvas wanted only the best on board this train, and Lord Thorgran wouldn't allow one of his chefs to be traded off. So, Lord Ralvas struck a deal with him to simply allow me to be trained by one of them."

Last edited:
Inari eyed the delightful meal, and before he was even finished talking she was already reaching for some of it with whatever utensil was available. Now this was what she had been missing. Food from home, and well made food at that. She glanced towards Wesix after she had a few bites. "Only one of you? No other pretty ones? Hmph." Inari grabbed the sake, pulled the cork out with her teeth, and took a deep gulp of it before realizing how bad of an idea that was. Drinking was not the most... appropriate hobby for a kitsune. It usually lead to bad places. At that thought she sat the bottle aside and continued shoveling the food in her mouth, giving another side glance towards Wesix and wiggling her leg. "Do work."

While she ate the demon did what he was here to do, she contemplated their upcoming mission. They had a target to kill, and she felt that they didn't know a whole lot on them - or at least she didn't. Perhaps Vincent had some knowledge. Still -

"Tell me about Sheol and demons there, what place like? Many strong demon? Bad economy? Good?" She fired off several questions towards the demon, bowl of food in hand. "Maybe ronin and mercenaries for hire, yes?"

After a second she found herself reaching for the sake again. Maybe another sip wouldn't hurt.

The hunter leered at Riberta as she gave her evaluation of the food before them. As she told him she may be lying he pushed on the table to pull his chair out as he got up and began to walk out of the dining room. He wasn't going to risk consuming poison, as that would be a dumb way to go out. Tariun was proven to have rations that didn't kill them already, but he didn't trust these demons that were supposedly in her employ.

He looked back to the others as they openly badmouthed Velin, sighing as he shook his head and kept walking. Technically it was his place to bring up the good she has done for people, but it would have been a rather useless argument. Only the most faithful to her could condone her actions, and Hudson was only in her employ to save others and himself. Out the dining hall he went, deciding to eat whatever canned rations he could find while he sat in the waiting area.

"I'm terribly sorry, my lady. There's only me and Cat on this train, besides the conductor. However, I can rectify this issue rather quickly." he said, as she commented on there being only one of him. He raised his hand up a little, a small ball of pink fire forming in his hand. Then, he snapped his fingers. Suddenly, there were four of him in the room. The main one smiled, as the others took their places around her. "Wonderful little trick. Fun at parties." he said, with a chuckle. She began to eat and drink, as the incubus and his copies began to gently bathe the kitsune. Soon, she was inquiring into the state of the Abyss. Rather easy questions, really. "Sheol is pretty much a ruin of a city, filled with lower ranked demons as well as hollows. Its a common gathering site for those lost in the Hollowlands, and it is the site of the Cathedral of the Damned. Its the most remarkable landmark there, honestly, as it resembles the Grand Cathedral in the mortal realm."

Soon, the water was a bit sudsy, soap bubbles appearing here and there as Wesix worked. He had already shed his robe by that point, all four of him sitting next to the tub practically as naked as Inari herself. "Power is what matters most in the Abyss...and obviously the Icons and the Demon King, Lord Taranoch, have it all. There are other Demon Princes of the Abyss...but none as powerful as them. At least at the moment. In Sheol, there's only the lower caste, and the Priest of the Damned. He is, perhaps, the strongest demon in the city." He paused for a moment, as she drank more of her sake, before continuing. "The economy is primarily based around trade. Something traded for something else. Usually what is needed the most at the time. Occasionally its done through favors and deals...and we demons love our deals, you know. The same goes with mercenaries. You'll always either have demons drawn to power, or needing something from someone in exchange for their services."

Seriphine slowly turned to look at Vincent. "Your eyes deceive you, Man. Do you wish to ask something or is it common these days for Men to gawk at a superior being in a rude fashion?" She took a slow bite out of her food and sipped from her drink. "Here I was thinking you were slightly more sophisticated and learned than the other members of this party."

Henderson had dozed off with the paper resting on his face only to awake when the incubus poked his head in. His innitial instinct was to clobber the interloper for daring to wake him from his sleep in such a manner, but he stopped himself. Must be getting hungry again. That piece of meat wouldn't last long. Whatever morning routine was had would have to wait. The hunger came first.

The dining room was fancy, but not really impressive to him. He had visited enough similar looking places before. In another life. A more pathetic one. What was impressive was the selection of foods. Some would be weary of the food being poisoned and deadly. He however could smell that the food was fine to eat. Soon enough he was carrying several large plates on his seat next to Loque. He stopped his jog back and forth when he saw a large platter with a silver lid on it. Curious, he took a peak inside and then closed it. Now this was something new worth trying.

"I can't believe they actually have one of these." He said to anyone who would listen. He lifted the lid to reveal the meal that had impressed him so. It was what looked like a human about the size of a child. Stuffed and roasted like it was a pig. "An actual pigmi. Where did they get this?" He said as he tore one of the legs and took a bite. The seasoned spices enhancing the flavor "There are rumors that the damn Blood Sun isles were inhabited with demon worshipers that performed blood magic and would often feast on others, but I guess this lends some truth to that." He took another bite "Tastes exactly like pork. Humanoid, but not human. They don't taste like that."

"I was simply observing, Elf." replied Vincent, glancing to Seriphine. "Gawking at someone or something is for idiots. As for the concept of a superior being, if you were truly superior, elves would have survived the Age of Darkness instead of man." He ate another piece of steak, before looking to Seriphine again. "First, your empire breaks apart in a civil war. Then, the werebeasts decimated your realms. If you were superior, none of that would have happened."

Soon enough, he finished his steak. "...So for now, as you elves have another chance to prove yourselves to the rest of the world, aim for being my equal. And maybe you'll live a lot longer." he said, pushing the plate forward. He then looked to Seriphine once more. "...And you may call me Vincent, Walter, or Sir Beaumont. Far better than just 'Man', don't you think? I'm sure you have something you'd rather I call you than just 'Elf'."

Thankfully, Vincent finished his food before glancing down the table at what Henderson was eating. He raised his eyebrows, before shaking his head. Good gods. Riberta on the other hand simply smirked. "I guess they really don't have everything." she said, glancing towards Cat. Cat nodded. "It's a little difficult to get pigmi, as Lord Thorgran tends to hoard them."

Last edited:
Seriphine stared at Vincent with a blank expression as the man went on and on. He's got a fiery spririt. She smirked. A shame he isn't an Elf. With an amused expression she leaned in towards the table and rested on one of her elbows while looking Vincent in the eyes, completely ignoring the unethical cannibalism in the background. "You seem to know a great deal about my people's failures. The fact that my people's hard work was decimated through greed, pride and lust is a shame I will have to bear. I can promise you that, had I been around, history would have turned out different."

Pausing she continued to look at Vincent although with her smirk slowly fading. "But as you say we have been given a second chance. I will not squander it. With any luck I might outlive you, Vincent."

After another brief pause Seriphine spoke up once more. "You may call me Seriphine or refer to my title as Huntmastress."

Vincent smiled a bit. "Yeah. With some luck, you'll outlive me." he responded, nodding. "And its a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Seriphine." He glanced back down towards what Henderson was eating, before looking back to Seriphine again. "I studied history in college, so I know a decent bit about you elves. Dunno how much of it is true, since it was all recorded after you died out, but its fairly likely that most of the people in eastern Escaria and some in northern Adonia have traces of Elven blood in their veins. I think most of Escaria's culture was based around the latter stages of your civilization."

Seriphine smiled a bit as well before nodding. "Likewise." She then returned to her usual blank expression as Vincent spoke of her people. It explained some of the questions she had pondered on. "If that is true about Elven blood it would explain plenty of things. Especially why one of the other Elves here, Gwen, speak with an unknown dialect of the Elven tongue as well as why some of these Escarian words sound vaguely Elfish."

She paused and looked down into the table. "Though I will have to disagree about the culture. We were proud people and when I lived we had only just begun to unite as one people after decades of famine, infighting and invasions from the Realms of Men. I will not deny my crimes but my cause was just- had we not waged war on the Men and all others who lived in the Neutral Territories we would have died far, far earlier."

"I reckon I may have to learn a thing or two now that I have been given a second chance. Whether it be your weaknesses or new perspectives remain to be seen."

As Hudson entered the waiting area, he noted that Gödrun had also relocated to this locale. Her original spot in the hallway by the rooms bore no trace of her former presence, save for a faint circle of ash on the floor where she had stood guard.

Likewise, in the waiting area, Gödrun had assumed a similar position by one of the walls. She turned her head towards Hudson as he entered, her steel mask concealing her facial expressions.
"Good hunter, thou speaketh of the mother of mothers as though she was one by the name of Velin. Prithee, tell me more about this saint of thine." she asked in her ragged voice, hands loosely resting on the pommel of her downward turned sword.

Takato, after telling his story, awkwardly shifted to his corner of the room, and decided to begin his pre-sleeping chanting, as the others shifted to bed. When he finally finished, he set up a seat-cloth, utilized a sleeping qigong and fell asleep sitting. As a Douean, he only slept as much as he needed. He even noted how Loque had awakened first, and had departed from the cabin, though he paid no mind to the physical form. When Wesix poked his head into the cabin and informed them that they were close, he maintained his posture as Uloth lunged awake, and Venextos and Wesley got up. He opted against leaving the cabin for the dining room, for he had no need for sustenance.

He just got up, put away the seat-cloth and went about his morning routine within the cabin, culminating in his morning chanting, still going on as the others enjoyed a meal or a bath. If the others found something out, he would have to find out after the fact... hopefully they'll share whatever they find out.

"Indeed! It was sort of a requirement. Lord Ralvas wanted only the best on board this train, and Lord Thorgran wouldn't allow one of his chefs to be traded off. So, Lord Ralvas struck a deal with him to simply allow me to be trained by one of them."

"So, it appears he did get a new chef after all..." mutters Loque to herself, taking a moment of silence for the poor bastard. "Well then! How about we gauge the truth of your words alongside your cooking skill? Please, if you can, bring to me his favorite dish. You ought to know what it is, and just how he likes it."

Hudson spooned his meager meal around his helmet despite the gigantic feast that took place in the other room. He had at least found a chair to sit on as he ate from the can, room temperature food inside just a step below mediocrity. The war meant he wasn't unfamiliar with such rations, and he trusted this food far more than what was in the dining area.

The hunter did stare at Gödrun as he ate, the woman still an enigma to him as she posed her question. "... If you are in service to a goddess that handles judgment of both the good and wicked you are serving Velin. Or perhaps you may have been serving whichever god came before her and would be in her employ now." he began. "Still, don't ever recall demons working for Velin to my knowledge."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back