• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Httyd: Life after Berk (reboot)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Alva sat up and yawned and stretched his tall body and then relaxed. The smell of a hot breakfast filled the air and made his mouth water with anticipation. “Good morning.” He responded and got up. He went to make sure that Serenity’s wounds were healing properly and that she didn’t move too much first thing until she could properly warm up and wouldn’t irritate the dressings. After that he helped her get up a bit and watched as she stood and went over to the fire and sat with the other girls. Once all sat together the question came up about what the plan for the day was.

Alva was the first to pipe up, “I kind of need to make sure that the plants I brought are alright and some of them need to be planted today if they are going to survive and flourish. I also need a greenhouse for some of the more delicate plants, just something I can use to culture the ones we might really need and won’t grow around here healthily.” He said before being handed some food that he started to munch on.

Serenity nodded and spoke up after Alva, “I’ll work with…Octavia, was it? So problems don’t arise and I’ll also help with rebuilding the structures.” She said and waited till everyone else had their food before she would take hers to eat.

Rose rolls her eyes as she hands Serenity some food before getting some for herself "Eat something, it'll help you heal." she says "I'm going to be working on a forge today and I already know where I want my hut." she says "Where mom's old catapult is standing, but before that I'm going to see what's useable from dad's old hut, I really like the design so I might copy some of it, but make it bigger, but I can help with the other projects."

Victoria nods "I imagine you need glass for a greenhouse?" she asks "In that case dad might lend you Meatlug, unless he's not at Berk and then we have to ask Toothless", everyobe was going to be busy with theirnown things "Oh Serenity, do you thinknyou can prevent Octavia from going crazy whennit comes to fixing the roof, she's weakening it with her welding torch and it's old enough already."

Heidi was done with the cooking when she noticed the others started to wake up. She happily smiled and bid them good morning. "Oh thank you for the water....breakfast is just about to be ready" she said. "Well after breakfast I'm free to help anyone with anything they need help with" Heidi announced. "Also Gustaf I think was going to help with the roof right?...well when he gets up that is" Heidi said looking over to the large man of a brother as he snored like a bear.

(last evening)

Ovtavia wasn‘t saying anything when Rose and the other girl with her arrived. She did stop mid pace and looked at both girls and she knew that Rose‘s injuries were her fault. Now guilt added to her already being on the brink of being overwhelmed. She also couldn‘t move so she just stood there and looked at the other two who entered the house. Coming here really was a mistake, she thought to herself. But now it‘s also too late to turn back. She walked over to the house, but instead of entering she sat down outside. Octavia really needed to sort her thoughts, if she was going to make them like her more, since she knows that she made everything worse in their eyes.

(morning)

One thing she had noticed, was that the sunrise was very pretty from here. Granted, she hadn‘t really planned on being awake the entire night, but she usually had some troubles falling and staying asleep, so here she was. Octavia was definitely going to be tired later today, but on the plus side, she had gotten to sort things out and gotten herself to also calm down. She kept sitting there, since the others were definitely coming outside sooner or later and she doesn‘t want to mess up anything more, so she just stayed here and enjoyed the view.

A soft chuckle came from Serenity’s lips when Rose had rolled her eyes before handing her the food. “Thank you, Rose. I’ll work with her and make sure she doesn’t cause any more problems than anyone else does. You included, Victoria. Don’t try to lie and say you don’t. Everyone does, it’s just the degree and how we handle those problems.” She said, still smiling softly as they all ate together. She notice that the new girl, Octavia had been sitting outside this whole time and decided to start being her mentor immediately and called to her, “Octavia! Please come in and get some breakfast.” She needed to see how the girl interacted with the others to identify the problems properly. She also needed to get to know the girl and how she thought and acted bth around others and alone. It would definitely be different.

Alva was excited to hopefully get a functioning greenhouse that he didn’t have to worry about getting destroyed or being scolded for by his family. It would be the first time he could have a place and space where he could really be himself and take care of his beloved plants and flowers. “That would be great. I’m going to need a lot of silica sand though and I don’t know if Meatlug would appreciate it too much and I don’t really want to bother the adults too much. I mean, I could try to use Thorn’s fire but I don’t think it would be hot enough to get it to make proper glass the way and the amount I would need.” He said, thinking and trying to plan but having a hard time extinguished a vision and design in mind.

Octavia whipped her head around when she had heard someone call her name. To be honest, it had startled her quite a bit, since she didn‘t think anyone of the others would want to see her yet. What surprised her even more was that the others wanted her to join for breakfast. She got up, walked inside and held on for a moment. „Victoria isn‘t going to yell again, is she?“, she asked before making her way to a place a bit further away from the others. „What‘s for breakfast?“, she asked to no one in particular.

"Not as bad a grandpa." Rose jokes and she thinks for a while "Heidi, why don't you help Alva with his greenhouse?" she asks. When Serenity cals Octasvia in and the girl asks if Victoria's going to yell at her she says "You woke EVERYONE, besides Gustaf probably, because you had to go and fix the roof at night. Serenity's going tyo teach you our customsand what not, but please don't get it into your heasd that you have to be like us for us to like you, last time I'll say it, be yourself anddon't try to take over our projects without talking asbout it."

Victoria rolls her eyes as she gets up and walks to Gustaf, poking him on his chwek "Gustaf, breakfast." she says and she sighs "He's sleeping like a log.", she looks at Alva asnd gets an idea "How about we go sparring berfore dinner tonight?" she asks.

"Morning Octavia..." Heid greeted her happily having her a plate. The plate had eggs, chopped potatoes, meat strips (bacon) and hot cakes. "Oh of cores Gustaf didn't wake up he sleeps through anything.....when we had that huge storm had to have Adler drag him out of the house because he woukd not wake up..." Heidi commented. She watched Victoria walk over and try to wake up Gustaf. "Vicky...try a hot cake...that might wake him up...." she commented.

Octavia smiled as Heidi gave her the food. To her dismay, the food was touching, so she spent a good 5 minutes separating it, before starting to eat around the parts, that initially touched another thing, starting with the eggs. Rose did have a point with her waking up everyone, but she also wasn‘t trying to steal anyones job. She knew she could fix it and help, which ultimately would give them more time to do other stuff, if they would have just let her do what she did without interrupting her.

Rose finishes her food and she stands up "Quick lesson Octavia, don't be too picky with your food out here, we're lucky if the supply we brought with us lasts a week." she says heading outside, she really did think she made a mistake, Octavia was picky, probably used to all her fancy stuff and what not. The future chieftess gets on Midnight, who flies towards a good area for a forge "Let's get to it." she says.

Victoria takes a hot cake and holds it above Gustaf, moving a bit away in case he makes a sudden movement "So how can he sleep through everything?" she asks, some could, but not this bad, most vikings woke up when they smell breakfast. "And Octavia, I don't know how things are where you're from, but here we don't do anything that is better done in a pair, without asking, you might've been fine, but what if parts of the roof had fallen on someone else?" she asks "You have to think about others before you act."

Last edited:
( Flame Demon Flame Demon you ment Octavia right?...)

Heidi carefully watched Octavia as she separated her food and ate around. "Rose it's okay if she dosnt like something....."Heidi spoke up. "Not everyone likes the same thing as everyone else....I will know for next time if I should change something or not add....sorry Octavia..." She said before setting a plate to the side for her brother. Heidi had eaten as she cooked so she decided to go outside and check up on the dragons before meeting up with Alva to help him with the greenhouse.

Gustaf was snoring as Victoria walked over to him. In an instant he shot up and snatched the hotcake out of her hand. It was incredibly fast for such a man with a big frame as he had. "Mmmm" He softly said scarfing down the little spear of hot cakes goodness.

While others, unfortunate, called Octavia out on how she pushed her food around and separated them and kept her distance from the group, Serenity didn’t see what she did as rude or upsetting at all. In fact this let her see into the girl’s personality. She looked at Rose and gave an almost sad look that her little sister would be so stern like that. There had to be a better way of dealing with the girl than reprimanding her repeatedly. “Rose, I’ll talk to you at the end of the day if I don’t see you sooner.” She called then motioned for Octavia to come closer to her and even invited her to sit next to her. There was something that the others seemed to be missing that Serenity might just have picked up on. “My name is Serenity Haddock. I’m the eldest of the Haddock children. You’ll be sticking with me for a while, okay?” She said gently, and not very harsh. She was gentile and didn’t approach more than the girl would allow. To be honest, she saw humans and dragons much the same. Both wild and unique creatures that takes time to build trust. That was how she was going to approach this. She was giving Octavia a chance to get comfortable with a couple people first before showing her anything that she wasn’t ready for. “Now, I’m not going to say keep your hands to yourself or anything like that, but be mindful that you don’t step on any toes, figuratively and literally speaking. No, I’m not in the best shape so, I’m going to have to rely on you a bit. Is that alright?”

When Victoria suggests a sparring match Alva got instantly stiff and uncomfortable. He ddn’t care much for the rougher practices of being a Viking. He was much more like Fishlegs than either of his parents. He wasn’t arrogant or strong like his father Snotlout, or sneaky and mischievous as his mother, Tuffnutt. He wanted to be in his garden and grow things and learn and heal people, not cause more injuries. “S-spar? I-I don’t know Victoria….” He tried to find a reason, any reason, to decline the invitation to spar.

Octavia looked at Heidi. „No, no, you don‘t understand. I like the food. It looks and smells really nice too, I just don‘t like different kinds of food touching. I don‘t really know why, but it‘s just really gross to me. Same is with actually mixing food.“ She looks down on her plate. „Like, here I‘ll start with eating all the eggs, then all of the potatoes, after that the bacon and then I‘ll finish with the hot cake“, she finished, explaining her eating habits, which were apparently a bit weird.

She sat down next to Serenity after she invited her to sit next to her. „… so, I‘m not allowed to step on your feet?“, she looked at Serenity with a slightly questioning face. „I wouldn‘t have done that anyways“, she laughed a bit. „Oh, and if you want to, I can take another look at your wounds. I might know something that speeds up the healing process“, Octavia offered. That was the only time where she tolerated touching a person or being touched herself, since it‘s medicine and sometimes medicine needs drastic measures.

"Rose might forget to eat, she's just like her father, good grief." Victoeia mumbles, but it was fun to see though, the similarities netween the two. "And it's just some self defense Alva, I'm not expecting you to be able to beat, say, Gustaf." she says with a smile. "I'll be on the roof, assessing the damage, again." she says heading outside and she climbs to the roof.

Rose sighs and she looks at the axe in her hand "Oh well..." she mumbles finding a nearby tree and she cuts it down, ting some rope around it when she's done and dragging it along. "Don't look like that Midnight, if you wanna help you can clear the area." she says "Or find some stones.", that the Night Fury can do so she flies off. After she has it cut up she heads to the old catapult and goes to check what she can use, maybe... she has Midnight stand back though.

(Sorry I edited it, thanks for pointing it out Aqua)

Last edited:
The girl’s words were just too much and made Serenity face-palm. She couldn’t help but think that this girl missed the first part where she said it was also a figure of speech. She definitely had a lost of work to do with this young woman. “It was mostly a metaphor, Octavia. Of course no one likes when people step on their toes really, but they also don’t like it when their business and projects get taken over by someone else. You wouldn’t like it if someone started working on what you were building or fixing saying they could do it better, would you?” She said calmly and tried to explain a bit more comprehensively than she normally needed to. When Octavia suggested she take a look at her wounds and said she could help her heal faster she got straight on that, “There! Right there. You just suggested you could do a better job than Alva, who has been trained and taught medicine since he could talk by Gothi, who can heal even grave wounds, without even just talking right to him and asking a question or two if something could be done better or if he knew of the way you’re thinking. It sounded more like you knew better, no matter his skill or knowledge, that his skills weren’t enough. Does that sound polite or nice to you?”

Alva was still hesitant. He really wasn’t much for fighting. He never did well when it came to sparring, even just light stuff. However, he was also a huge push-over. He agreed to the sparing match and he knew he was going to get his butt handed to him on a silver trey. “I’m going to try and draw up some plans for the greenhouse, just let me know when you want to spar.” He called to her and then went over to his plants to try and make a good rough idea of how big the place should be and where certain plants could go.

„Oh“, she said when Serenity had explained that it was a metaphor and quickly took a bite from the cake. Her dad had explained to her a while back what it was, though that didn’t mean she understood or even liked it for that matter. This also fell under the category of her usually being the last one to get something.

„I didn‘t realise it was offensive“, she said after Serenity had explained to her that her offering her assistance was apparently not appreciated. „Because all I tried to do was help. I mean, wouldn’t you be glad if the roof was completely fixed? And all I offered to do is make it so that Alvas medical treatments just worked faster or something that your wounds don’t hurt as much“, she tried to explain why she asked and that it wasn’t because she thought she knew more than they did.

“I know you mean well and don’t mean to offend anyone, but it comes off that way to us. The way you word things and your actions seem to come off as a bit pushy, and haughty.” She started explaining in as best a way she knew how, “While yes we do appreciate and like help, you have to remember, us Vikings, we’re a proud people. If we can do something ourselves, we prefer to. If someone says they can do something better after seeing our work, we take it a bit personal and it makes us feel rather pathetic and worthless. Us newer generation have a bit of an inferiority complex with our parents, thinking we’ll never be as good as them or what they want us to be. It’s kind of like saying, ‘You’ll never be as good or as great as your parents, so just let me do it.’ Instead of asking ME if I want you to retreat my wounds, why not ask Alva himself if he has heard of the treatments you know or if you could suggest a new way he might not have heard of yet. After all, it is HIS handiwork that you’d be tampering with and I only know basic first aid to treat some minor scratches and wounds. Does that make sense?” She was trying to be mindful of the girl and make things as easy to understand as possible without hiding or flowering anything but still being gentile with her words.

Victoria nods at Alva "Got it, but first, we got work to do." she says and she carefully moves over the roof, avoiding the hole Octavia had made that night and it was still bothering her "Gustaf! We might be better off building a sawmill before anything else!" she calls, this was the worst, well Octavia better deal with a patch job until they can do the entire roof. She jumps down and grabs some boards that are still usable before climbing back up with her bag of tools and she starts fixing the hole, before anyone gets hurt, she does however send Spike in for an old metal plate "Right then, this should do, until we get enough wood." she mumbles. She looks towards Rose and sighs "Catapult coming down!" she warns the others so they're prepared for it.

Rose hums when the giant structure crashes down and she starts dismantling it "Help me move this." she says and her dragons starts moving the large pieces away "Then I can make my hut somewhere here, maybe in the wall, makes it hidden, and put a lookout post here, just need to improve my giant crossbow catapult." she says with a grin.

Last edited:
So Octavia wasn't a full picky eater like she thought. Heidi did feel a but better that Octavia liked her food, she would always get extremly nervous when ever someone new tried her food or if she was baking a new recipe. She let out a sigh of relief, she would have to remember to separate Octavia's food for her in the next meal. Heidi had left to go check on the dragons, making sure they all had their breakfast before going tout to look for Alva "Alva!...hey!..." Heidi said happily waving to him as she walked over to were he was looking at his plants. "I'm here to give you a hand with the greenhouse.." she said
SerenityAngel SerenityAngel

Gustaf garabed and inhaled the breakfast taking the left over hotcakes and munching on them as Victoria yelled out to him. "Ya...make sure we have all the tools before building....I think we can easily build a sawmill...I can build the base if ya getting a good saw.." He yelled back in between bits as she finished eatting and went out of the club house and looked up at the roof. "This roof is crap...." he said.

"And Octavia was 'fixing it' in the middle of the night, it weakened the roof more. She was using a welding torch fot crying out loud. I'm surprised you didn't wake up." Victoria says "I guess we could make a simple sawmill, we'd need to wait for Rose her forge though, for the blade." she points out hanging upside down "But yeah, it's bad.", that was putting it mildly. She looks at Gustaf and says "Let's get that sawmill started."

“I know you mean well and don’t mean to offend anyone, but it comes off that way to us. The way you word things and your actions seem to come off as a bit pushy, and haughty.” She started explaining in as best a way she knew how, “While yes we do appreciate and like help, you have to remember, us Vikings, we’re a proud people. If we can do something ourselves, we prefer to. If someone says they can do something better after seeing our work, we take it a bit personal and it makes us feel rather pathetic and worthless. Us newer generation have a bit of an inferiority complex with our parents, thinking we’ll never be as good as them or what they want us to be. It’s kind of like saying, ‘You’ll never be as good or as great as your parents, so just let me do it.’ Instead of asking ME if I want you to retreat my wounds, why not ask Alva himself if he has heard of the treatments you know or if you could suggest a new way he might not have heard of yet. After all, it is HIS handiwork that you’d be tampering with and I only know basic first aid to treat some minor scratches and wounds. Does that make sense?” She was trying to be mindful of the girl and make things as easy to understand as possible without hiding or flowering anything but still being gentile with her words.

She looked at Serenity again. The girl had a very good point about talking to Alva. „I‘ll talk to him once he‘s done sparring with Victoria“, she said.

„So I have to ask Rose or one of the others whenever I want to do something? Since technically all of this is the doing of all of you“, she asked. It would need some getting used to, since up until now she had been allowed to do what she wanted, when she wanted to.

„Also this feeling inferior isn’t really necessary. You are already great for existing And being the children of your parents, so it shouldn’t really matter what others think of you, but more about who you want to be and what you want to do“, she finished about the inferiority thing, Serenity mentioned. That was one of the things she had quickly learned in life, since her being weird and different, people constantly told her what she can’t do. Starting with speaking, since she started to do that very late, yet here they were.

Serenity smiled, glad that the girl was getting at least some of what she was explaining. “You don’t have to ask about EVERYTHING, but just be mindful that we do know what we’re doing and what we do know works, but are open to suggestions if given the proper time and place. Again, we’re Vikings, we’re stubborn and proud to the point of being almost detrimental and set in our own ways. When you travel, yo do try to observe the customs of the people you visit, right? You don’t want to accidentally insult someone or injure someone when you’re trying to help, right? Same principle. Until you fully adjust, you’re a guest here, and will be treated as one till the time comes, so please remember that.” She then smiled again as the girl would talk to Alva later.

Alva was so absorbed in his thoughts and plans that he didn’t hear his name being called until Heidi was almost right beside him and made the boy jump from being upraised and startled. When he calmed down he looked over and saw the girl and breathed a sigh of relief and smiled, “Hey,” he replied, “Sorry, I didn’t hear you and got startled. What’s up?”

(Replies will be slow...work today and it's busy)
Gustaf shrugged "what can I say I was tired...and out like a light" He replied folding his arms as he looked at the roof. "Not the best idea using that torch....might just be best to scrap the whole roof and just place a whole new one..." He added. "Alright let me start gathering what we'll need." He said in a nod.

Heidi figured that Alva had been to consintrated in his work to have noticed her. "It's alright Alva...also sorry for startling you....and it's okay you were really concentrated in your work and I really won't have the lowest footsteps so I am always easily missed" she giggled "I am here to give you a hand in making a nice home for your plants" she replied.
SerenityAngel SerenityAngel

Last edited:
"Yes, but for now, we can't leave that hole in it." Victoria says "While I agree it should be fixed completely I'd rather have a full roof over my head during the night then half a roof." she says jumping down "I'll help gathering materials." she says with a smile.

AquaMarie AquaMarie

Last edited:
Serenity smiled, glad that the girl was getting at least some of what she was explaining. “You don’t have to ask about EVERYTHING, but just be mindful that we do know what we’re doing and what we do know works, but are open to suggestions if given the proper time and place. Again, we’re Vikings, we’re stubborn and proud to the point of being almost detrimental and set in our own ways. When you travel, yo do try to observe the customs of the people you visit, right? You don’t want to accidentally insult someone or injure someone when you’re trying to help, right? Same principle. Until you fully adjust, you’re a guest here, and will be treated as one till the time comes, so please remember that.” She then smiled again as the girl would talk to Alva later.

Alva was so absorbed in his thoughts and plans that he didn’t hear his name being called until Heidi was almost right beside him and made the boy jump from being upraised and startled. When he calmed down he looked over and saw the girl and breathed a sigh of relief and smiled, “Hey,” he replied, “Sorry, I didn’t hear you and got startled. What’s up?”

„Yeah, you have a good point“, she agreed. „Wait, how did you know I travel a lot? I don‘t remember telling you“, Octavia said and looked at Serenity again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back