• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Httyd: Life after Berk (reboot)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
"Dragons are so misunderstood." Embla replied. "If it wasn't for Chief Hiccup, then viking would probably still fear Dragons to the point of killing them. But we know better now." Embla leaned over and hugged Zephyr. "I don't know what I'd do without this guy. Zephyr is my best friend. He found me when we were both scared and alone and stuck with him from the very beginning." She said. "I wonder if we'll ever find his family too. I don't know why or how he got left behind. That's the only thing I can think of."

Flame Demon Flame Demon

"Well maybe he was curious about New Berk?" Victoria asks and she smiles slightly "I know there are more Light Furies then Night Furies, given we only have Toothless and Midnight. Maybe ephyr was exploring and got lost?" she asks, most kids got their dragons from old Berk, Midnight had bonded with Rose as a child, same then with Zephyr and Embla. Spike lands near Rose her unfinished hut and lays down so his rider can get off.

"It is very likely." Embla agreed. "Zephyr is pretty inquisitive." She said. "He lands himself into trouble with his curiosity at least once a week." She laughed. Zephyr made a noise that seemed like a protest. "You know it's true, Zeph." Embla countered.

Octavia started to get worried a bit, when she had heard the voices in the distance, but Midnight apparently handled it with a small distraction. She just hoped it worked long enough for all of them to get out of there safely. She followed Midnight deeper into the cave and towards a light that seemed to come from deeper inside the cave. For a moment she thought it was weird that there was light coming from deeper inside the cave, especially since it definitely wasn‘t sunlight. She she remembered again that dragons were a thing and concluded that the light was probably the doing of one of those creatures.

There was also a 50% chance that that was Rose. By what she had gathered about the girl so far, it was clear to her that if there was a dragon involved in anything, Rose wasn‘t far away. So she probably was with a dragon. At the same time, it could also be a hostile one and obviously, not Rose. Though she was also sure Midnight knew what she did. „Is that Rose?“, she whispered to the dragon, hoping it was, since she really didn‘t want to come across a dragon who was out for blood.

Flame Demon Flame Demon SerenityAngel SerenityAngel

Serenity took a deep breath before letting it out to keep as calm as possible so she would not immediately run straight to it, hoping that it was Rose. She didn’t want to amuse Rose to get hurt worse because she was careless and worried. Instead of waiting too long or much of a response from anyone, the older girl took careful but hurried steps toward the light and prayed to the gods that Rose was alright and safe. She called forwarded a bit quietly so that if there was a dragon there that she wouldn’t cause it to panic and attack. “Rose…. Rose are you there?” She asked, Starlight right behind her.

Midnight slowly walks forward after making sure Serenity and Starlight are still nearby. The light, as it turns out, is from a small campfire "Serenity?" Rose asks getting up and she shivers slightly from the cold, she really did miss her cloak "And Octavia too. Anyway, I'm sorry for running, or flying, off, but those guys outside were hunting him." she explains, mentioning to the injured Armorwing "And I miss the time all they used were arrows and boulders. I patched up his wing, but I'm not sure how much it helps. So after making sure I wasn't being followed I follow the poor guy, to keep an eye on him, or her, I'm not sure. They got an arrow nearby though when they saw me, but I'm unharmed" she points out. Midnight runs to her rider and pushes herself against Rose, much like a cat might do and she purrs when she's scratched on her head.
SerenityAngel SerenityAngel Hiuly of Starmoon Hiuly of Starmoon

"Well you make a fine addition to the group then." Victoria deadpans "Considering the two Haddocks also tend to cause trouble. Anyway, this is where Rose her hut will be when it's finished." she says and she goes in, tossing some wood in the fireplace "I'll have time to help after the walkway's done, can't have people getting injured while heading to the clubhouse.". Spike is inspecting the building and hits the wall with him tail, but it doesn't move, meaning it's sturdy enough to handle at least a very heavy storm, which is good.

SkulblakaWyrda95 SkulblakaWyrda95

Embla laughed. "Can you really blame them?" She asked. "We've all heard the stories about our Chief when he and the other Riders were our age." She said. "Seems to me he got them into as much trouble as he got them out of it. I have no doubt that Rose is the exact same way. They are father and daughter afterall." She said pointedly.

"Just let us know what needs to be done to get the walkway finished." Embla replied. "Mind if I drop my bags off at the main hall though before getting to work? I can empty my packs if I need to go around and gather anything to build with."

Flame Demon Flame Demon

Upon hearing her little sister’s voice come back to her from that gentile glow of a fire, Serenity’s feet instantly sped up and she ran straight to the younger girl and threw her arms around her in a tight embrace full of relief and so thankful that she was able to be found so quickly. After a minute she realized she was being to overbearing and saw that her little sister was cold, so she removed her own cape that she wore just for the occasion she got cold and wrapped it around Rose without any kind of care for her own comfort. “As long as you’re alright, Rose. We’ll take care of the dragon too, don’t worry.” She assured with a relieved smile, “Alva should be able to take care of him pretty easily.” She then looked at Octavia, “Hey Octavia, do you think you can take Starlight and help the Armorwing to the edge and into the greenhouse? Alva should have it either done or almost done by now and he should be able to take care of him. I’ll Rose and I will ride Midnight back.” She then looked to the nightfury with an apologetic smile, “Is that alright with you? Sorry to keep bothering you with having to carry me as well.” She then turned back to Rose and hugged her again, “Please, please don’t scare me like that again, Rosie. Please. I thought my heart was going to burst when Midnight came back alone and worried like that.” She begged the girl desperately and lovingly. She adored her little sister, not because she was the next chief, not because she was part of the family that took her in, but because she loved her as if she were her own blood an her sister as such.
Flame Demon Flame Demon Hiuly of Starmoon Hiuly of Starmoon

Gustaf had woken early this morning and have been busy working on the walkway. His dragon Adler by his side bring him over wood and materials that he needed. Heidi herself and her dragon had gone over to Alva's hut and greenhouse to help him put up the last of the glass paneling.

"I'm sorry." Rose says and she hugs her sister "I just needed to get away and decided to explore, next time I'll leave a note." she mumbles with a small smile. Midnight looks at Serenity and sits down, she didn't mind having to carry both the girls, but she lightly hits Rose with her tails. "Geez I get it." Rose mumbles, she knows she was reckless, especially since she send Midnight back, but she wasn't going to let people kill a dragon "But these people, they... weren't aiming to capture this dragon, they were talking about killing him and selling the parts." she says, she felt sick just thinking about it. She was going to figure out eho those people were and she was going to stop them, she had to, she made a promise to her father, to continue protecting the dragons, so she would.

Victoria chuckles "Yeah, but Rose doesn't like leading, she's more an explorer and inventor, but she'll get there." she says getting back on Spike "Lets go get some more wood for the walkways and see if we can finish it today? Maybe there's even time to see if we can surprise then others with dinner. Maybe Alva has some herbs we can use for tea." she says "You coming Embla? The sooner we finish the better. I'm betting Gustav's working on it as well, thst'd be good."
SkulblakaWyrda95 SkulblakaWyrda95

Octavia noticed how Rose‘s expression darkened a bit when she saw her and she took a step to the side. Things for her got even more awkward when Serenity started hugging her sister, since she felt really out of place there and also like she was the third wheel. It must be really nice to have a sister or actually someone care as much about you like Serenity did about Rose. She never had a sister, or friends that were that close to make her feel wanted like that and her father, while present, was usually absorbed in his inventions too much to notice or care.

Serentiy‘s request, directed at her snapped her back to reality. She nodded, showing she understood what she had to do and looked at the dragon. It was actually quite interesting as well. The skin color was purple, a very close shade to her favorite color and the metal armor welded around the body, was very intriguing. Octavia crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow towards the dragon, which stared back at her. She then remembered there was one thing she hadn‘t thought about asking. „How am I supposed to get the dragon off the island and to follow me?“ she asked either of them.

SerenityAngel SerenityAngel Flame Demon Flame Demon

"Yea, right behind you." Embla replied as she waved for Zephyr to follow. "We'll cut some wood and bring it over." She said. After a little bit of looking around, Embla found an armory of sorts and found a good wood cutting axe amid some battle axes. "Alright Zeph, let's go help finish that walkway. Keep an eye out for a good place to build our own hut too." She said as they flew off to cut some trees down that were suitable for building with.

"Well the dragon has to trust you first." Rose says "So you walk up to the dragon with you hand outstretched and your palm towards the dragon. The point is to hold still in front of the dragon and wait until he, or she, gently touches your hand." she explains and mentions to the dragon "If you want I could demonstrate it with Midnight." she adds, she didn't like Octavia, but well, she did come to help get her, so that's something.

"Don't forget to bring the wood to the sawmill." Victoria calls after Embla while going to the unfinished part with some planks "Hey Gustav, do you think we'll finish it by tonight?" she asks seeing the guy.
AquaMarie AquaMarie SkulblakaWyrda95 SkulblakaWyrda95

Now that Serenity had confirmation that Rose was alright and mostly unharmed she was able to calm down and relax a little. However, that comfort was short lived when she was told that the aggressors were looking to kill and scavenge the corpses for whatever it was they were using. This put the older girl on alert and that synched the debate on weather or not to report to the rest of the family to warn them.

She noticed that Octavia seemed a bit hesitant and down about something. The older girl could not help but wonder why nad what was bothering her. She let Rose take the lead and show the other girl what to do. “Trust and respect are the cornerstone for any relationship, dragon or otherwise. The other individual has to be able to trust you and you must trust them equally.” He explained as she let Rose show what she meant, “This is basic behavior. By shutting your eyes, you’re vulnerable in front of them and by extending your hand you are offing for them to do the same. By taking that step first, it shows that they can trust you mean no harm. Some dragons don’t trust anyone and won’t be able to be held back, like the skrill or whispering or screaming deaths, but most dragons are not viscous, but have a very strong desire to be around others. Terrible terrors especially. Group and pack mentality, I believe. Then there are the furies who have their own set of rules and will treat you as your best friend and worst enemy combined.” She then gently nudged Starlight whose tail then whipped around and puffed Serenity’s face and smirked. The two were close as possible already as their personalities seemed very similar. “But lets save the rest of the lesson till we’re back n the edge.”

Embla called an acknowledgment to Victoria as she flew off on Zephyr. She made sure to locate the sawmill before heading off into the forest. She walked around and marked a few trees that were deemed suitable for building before circling back to cut them down. Zephyr carried them to the sawmill as Embla went to the next marked tree. After several hours, the pair had a decent pile of logs stacked at the sawmill ready to be cut into planks for building.

Gustav was finishing nailing down a plank when Victoria walked over. He got up and wiped the sweat from his brow looking back at what was finished and then back at what needed to be done. "I would say if the pace is kept up we defently finished tonight.." He said

Rose sees her sister's reaction to the news about the men wanting to warn the others "We can't warn the others at home." she points out "We risk being followed and if they find the Hidden World." she adds quietly, she didn't want to think about what would no doubt happen if these people found an entire unknown area with a ton of dragons, but the answer seems obvious "First we need to get back and then we will hold an emergency meeting."

Victoria nods "I'll go and make more planks, I'm used to doing that by hand, but the sawmill is faster anyway." she says "Give me a call if you need me." she tells him before heading to the sawmill to make some more planks.
SkulblakaWyrda95 SkulblakaWyrda95 AquaMarie AquaMarie

Serenity definitely had a point, and even though she didn't like Rose too much, she was clearly the expert here and knew a lot more than her. That and they somehow just had to get that dragon off the island. Besides, what did she have to loose. In case something would happen, Serenity definitely would step in and help her - especially since she can't defend herself against a dragon. Taking a deep breath, she looked back at the dragon and the dragon practically stared back. Octavia took a few careful steps towards the dragon, since they were practically on opposite sides of the cave. The dragon, growled slightly in response, until she stopped walking closer. Just as Rose told her, she closed her eyes and held her hand out, waiting for the dragon to make its move. Right as she believed, that that would never work, she felt something against her hand. Carefully opening her eyes, she saw that it was the dragon who had decided to trust her as well in the end. Octavia smiled a bit at the revelation, that she was now going to have an actual friend, who probably won't leave her whenever she messes up something. For the first time she also didn't feel as lonely as she usually did and the dragon trusting her also gave her hope that Rose and her could get along at one point. Not as friends if the other girl didn't want to of course, but at least getting along enough to not fight all the time.

She lowered her hand again, but didn't take her eyes off the dragon. "So what now?", she asked to no one in particular.

Flame Demon Flame Demon SerenityAngel SerenityAngel

"Now you slowly lead the dragon to the outside of the cave." Rose says and she shivers again slightly, Serenity's cloak helped, but she had been there a while "And see if you can ride the dragon out of there, Midnight, can you find out where the men are and if needed, lure them further away." she says patting her dragon, who runs off "I think the armorwing can fly, but we can't be too far, I think it's safer if you fly at the front, then Octavia and then me and Midnight, that way we can step in if it goes wrong." she tells her sister, they could also protect the dragon from attacks that way "Though we really need to hold a meeting when we get back.". Going back to Berk was too risky, however they had to get whatever dragons they found to safety if needed, dammit, she wasn't ready for this.

Hiuly of Starmoon Hiuly of Starmoon SerenityAngel SerenityAngel AquaMarie AquaMarie SkulblakaWyrda95 SkulblakaWyrda95

Last edited:
Tanelia Rania + Nyala

Along the edge of the beaches, hidden from view, where the remains of a ship could be found. Dark wood littered the ground and sails were tattered and flowing through the waves as a breeze blew through the ocean. Ebony hair swirled in the water as the waves lapped at a body gently, seeming to play and try to awaken the young viking who had washed up along the island shore. A soft groan came from the girl as verdant emerald orbs opened slowly. Tanelia slowly pushed her hands down as she sat up slowly, her body aching and she carefully took stock of her injuries. A gash was above her left eye, and she felt her shoulder throb painfully which made her aware of the possibility of her muscles being wrenched. Her skin held bruises all over and as she stood up slowly, her ankle gave a twinge which almost made the girl fall over if not for the stunning white head which held her upright. "Nyala!" Lia breathed, her arms wrapping around her bonded dragon as she carefully hobbled towards a tree line, leaning against her light fury as Nya settled down around her. White and blue-tinted wings covered Lia as she let her eyes close slowly. What a way to start her life alone - getting shipwrecked on an unknown island. Great - just Great.

Nyala stirred as she felt water lap at her scales. The young light fury immediately realized she didn't have her rider near her and immediately left the damp water. Her blue orbs scanned the beach in fear and worry before finding her rider's lithe form. At the movement of her rider, Nya rushed over. Her head came around to support Tanelia as the rider almost fell as she stood up. The dragon helped her rider to the trees and curled around her protectively, keeping her head raised in order to make sure no threats would approach. Her wings covered her rider as she studied the area before tucking her head down and falling asleep.

Mentions: Open
Interactions: open

With the walkway finished and most of the huts near completion Gustaf continued the work on the stables.

Needing time away from the builds, Heidi had taken off with her dragon Tempest to patrol the island. The brunette yawned letting out a stretch as she looked down bellow. She let out a gasp and sat up stright, "that's wasn't there yesterday...." she said to her raincutter as she spotted scattered ship prices around the beach. Gently patting her dragons side it flew down towards the shore. She slid down her side patting Tempest side as she walked down the beaches shore looking through the shipwreck. Tempest wasn't to far behind water splashing around as she walked, small waves crashing into her legs as she did.

Magnus & Thor

After flying for a few days, with breaks of course, Magnus stops his dragon above a previously abandoned island, but he's surprised to see new buildings and a few things that are fixed, like the walkways. What he also spots in a Berserker ship, in pieces, so he has Thor fly down to investigate the pieces "Odd..." he mumbles, he wasn't aware a ship of theirs had gone missing, if you didn't count his cousin stealing one, but that couldn't be, could it? He jumps off his dragon and inspects the mast, or what's left of it, before scanning the surroundings, quickly spotting a white dragon around a person. He carefully makes his way over to the duo, holding one hand by his sword while Thor follows by his side, ready to defend his rider should it be needed.

Tanelia Rania + Nyala

The scent of an unknown dragon and human reached Nya's nose and the lightfury tightened her wings around her rider protectively. Her head slowly raised as icy blue orbs scanned the area. Landing instantly on Magnus and Heidi. A low growl rumbled in Nyala’s throat, her eyes turning to slits as she allowed her teeth to flash dangerously. A soft murmur from Lia had the light fury turn her attention to her rider. A soft purr-like rumble coming from her throat as Lia shifted. Opening an eye warily as she cuddled closer to Nyala. The change in demeanor was sudden as the light fury slowly unraveled herself from her rider. Her blue-tinted wings raised to shield to girl on the ground as her tail swished through the air. “Nya? What’s wrong?” Tanelia asked softly, her voice scratchy from the salt water she had accidentally infested in the crash. The girl tried to stand up, wincing as she moved and caused pain to renew its hold on her.

Nyala hissed out in fond annoyance as she gently nudged her rider behind her. Her slit orbs bouncing between the duo wandering through the shipwreck and the one approach her. Seeing a glint of metal - Nyala growled low and dark. Her wings raising a bit more as she opened her mouth to fire a plasma blast. Worry for Lia racing through her veins. “Nya , don’t! Please…” Tanelia asked softly, leaning against a tree trunk as emeralds pierced the Viking approaching them. “Help me stand.” She asked softly, leaning against Nyala as the light fury rumbled her content now that her rider was touching her scales. Lia mounted her dragon slowly, keeping her injured arm and leg as still as possible as she allowed her dragon to protect her.

Interactions: Magnus & Thor Flame Demon Flame Demon
Heidi & Tempest AquaMarie AquaMarie

Once Rose and the others arrive back at their island they call home she sighs "Octavia, please get the others and tell them to meet at the clubhouse, after bringing your dragon to Alva that is." she says, she flies to her hut and gets off there, walking in, god she hated the cold, well she survived one of the worst snowstorms on Berk, so she really shouldn't complain about it too much, once she has what she needs she heads to tge clubhouse, clearing the table and opening her map and sketches that she feels might be relevant to the discussion, well, it won't be much of a discussion, more of a 'what the hell are we gonna do now?' kind of thing. She really wanted to take a nap, but that could wait.
--------
Victoria has made good progress on her hut, sure it's a simple treehouse cabin, build in the forest, but that's fine, since she prefers the forest and she she already has some small designs for a garden for around the tree where her hut is going to be, only she'd need Gustav's help with the furniture, but that's for later.

Hiuly of Starmoon Hiuly of Starmoon SerenityAngel SerenityAngel

Last edited:
Magnus & Thor

Magnus' eyes widen when he sees who it is and he wonders what the chances are that they're meeting there or all people "Lia?" he asks when he walks over, mentioning Thor to stand back "What happened? Why'd you leave?" he asks, slightly concered, was it because she has a dragon? That wouldn't be right, his father was thrilled when he flew in with a Skrill, or that could've been because of the kind of dragon it was, but it doesn't change the fact that that wouldn't be a reason for her to run off and steal a ship "And I do hope for your sake, that that wasn't a warship." he points out, mentioning to the wreckage. Well mission accomplished, find the ship that was stolen, but his parents would not like this news "And do you know where you ended up? Cause I think we're aboud to have some company from people who live here and if you want to avoid that, we should get going."

Talathel Talathel AquaMarie AquaMarie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back