• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Httyd: Life after Berk (reboot)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
“I’m not being stubborn.” She said with a very small blush on her pale cheeks to being picked at by her little sister, literally, and that made her wince a bit. “Really, I’m okay. Just a few bruises.” But that just wasn’t going to fly apparently. Starlight gave a rumble of denial and refused to leave Serenity’s side while she was so hurt. Besides, there wasn’t really anything she could do if she went ahead anyways.

“I do see your point. It is very late and we all need some rest. It’s been a long day and I’m sure we have a lot to do in the morning.” He replied and waited for the new girl to stop with her welding and come back in so they could all get some rest.

Last edited:
"Then I'm going to have to fly with you." Rose points out looking at the stubborn dragon "Midnight, go see if Alva's back." she says so Midnight takes off towards the clubhouse "You're more stubborn then me." she tells her sister "I have one cut from an angry Nadder and you're full of injuries."

SerenityAngel SerenityAngel Hiuly of Starmoon Hiuly of Starmoon AquaMarie AquaMarie

Victoria groans when she hears her dragon roar, so she gets up and heads outside to look at the roof "Hey Alva, that is our new resident, who really should let people sleep!" she complains and she grabs Spike tail to get on the roof, covering her eyes "Octavia it's the bloody middle of the night, the hell are you doing?!" she asks loudly to come over the sound of the welding torch. Was this girl crazy? You didn't work on roofs in the middle of the night.

Midnight, after finding Rose and calming down the Nadders, heads back to the clubhouse, until she sees some sort of flare, so she changes course and speeds off "Serenity!" Rose yells once her dragon lands and she runs towards her sister "What happened?" she asks crouching down "Shit, is Alva back already?" she mumbles while checking the injuries. She had to stay calm and maybe ignore the cut from the nadder spine, she hadn't dodged quick enough, but that was nothing compared to what Serenity had.

She held on for a moment, when she had heard her name. She turned off the torch and raised her goggles, looking down to the others who now were awake. "I am fixing the roof and making it more stable in the process. I won't be loud", was all she said, before she went back to continuing her work. That was one of the things about her that all the others found annoying about her and here she was going to be annoying, because if she didn't fix the roof, she wouldn't be able to sleep and would pace around all night or work on a new invention, which can get very loud, since they tend to explode the first time she makes something, or she was going to annoy everyone a lot more, but shorter in length by fixing it right now. She obviously chose the latter, hence her being on the roof right now.

The feather fury gave an after king and agreeable cooing sound and eventually her breathing slowed as she was able to catch her breathing this little reunion of sisters. With the agreement that Serenity would only move if helped, Starlight removed her big paw and let the girl breathe properly whom was still slightly blushing from embarrassment as she had no choice but to be helped. “Sorry to cause you trouble like this. Some guardian I try to be. Can’t even keep myself from getting hurt. Sorry, Rose. You must be disappointed seeing me like this.” She said looking away from her little sister out of shame. She wanted to be someone Rose and the other Haddocs could rely on when they needed a shoulder, but she felt like this just let them down. With some help she was able to get back onto Starlight so they could both sit and ride.

Alva was busy organizing his plants by what they did and what the plant needs to grow and how delicate they were. This was going to be a very big project and he was going to need help. He was glad he brought basically a whole pharmacy with him until his plants could flourish and he could get more as needed. He noticed that the new girl wasn’t stopping s he tried to be a bit diplomatic and cautious, “U-um….d-do you….know about how long it’s going to take for you to finish? N-not to rush you or anything but, I-I-I’m kind of sensitive to noise and….. it’s very, very hard for me to get any kind of sleep with any kind of sound going on. W-welding can get pretty loud and….I-I don’t mean to tell you to stop or anything, I….I-I just would appreciate an estimate time to being done so I can try and sleep. O-otherwise I may have to resort to drinking my own sleeping medicine and that will leave me unconscious for hours and no one will be able to wake me up, no matter what and that is very dangerous for a medic and anyone else who needs medicine, you see. It also leaves me very groggy and slow when waking up and I need to be able to wake up and alert to treat people. So, no real rush and not to be pushy or anything.” Alva was a tall and pretty-looking boy but also very timid and his voice was so gentle and quiet.

"No stop!" Victoria calls out to her and she grabs Octavia, moving away when the piece of roof gives out "The roof is old, if you had fallen you could've been killed if you landed wrong." she scolds the new girl "You can't sleep inside, fine, but don't go doing stupid things in the middle of the fucking night! Go sleep outside if you want to sleep tonight. We're lucky there weren't more holes in it."

Rose smiles "What matters to me is that you're alive." she says "Because I know I can count on you, but sometimes you need to accept help from others." she says helping her sister get up and onto Starlights back before getting on as well "Just don't pass out on me." she tells her.

SerenityAngel SerenityAngel Hiuly of Starmoon Hiuly of Starmoon AquaMarie AquaMarie

Last edited:
"Don't touch me!", she yelled as the other girl grabbed her and she pulled away, looking at the piece of roof that just fell down. "Now I can get it up again. Besides I'm safe, I have a rope tied around myself and the roof is stable enough to support one person if you know where to step, which I do. While we're at it this isn't even high and I've done stuff like that several times, without a safety rope from a lot higher up than this. You can go down now, before you break even more and let me handle the fixing, repairing and overall securing it", she said, pulled down her goggles and turned on the torch again. "You might want to look away if you don't want to get blinded".

Victoria grabs the welding torch and says "No, you are not 'fixing' the roof right now, people are trying to sleep, now get down from the roof before I tell Rose that bringing you was a mistake. I don't care that you're technologically more advances then us, we have to rely on each other and if we can't trust each other this is going to fail, so get down and find another place to sleep, I will take a look at the entire roof in the morning, do I make myself clear?" she asks.

“U-um, excuse me!” Alva tried to call to the two girls again. He really didn’t like confrontation and both girls were being very stubborn and getting more and more angry as he saw them, “C-could we please not argue? Yelling and getting angry isn’t going to help or solve anything. Please?” The sensitive boy was getting very upset and worried as the girls really didn’t seem to get along. He really didn’t want to have to heal anyone tonight but with how things were going, that may very wel be what he was going to be doing tonight.

She leans forward and rest a bit more heavily on Rose, “You’re the only one I really rely on, Rose, you know that, right? I’m sorry I’m not of more help to you.” She said rather quietly and mostly to herself by she knew that Rose could hear her, “I’ll try harder from now on not to let things like this happen.” She then, though her body thrummed with aches and pains, tightly hugged her little sister as they rode to the clubhouse. She then gave a very small chuckle to Rose’s playful joke, “I’ll try not to, but no promises.” She joked back with a small smile.

"What the hell are you doing? Don't you ever touch anything I'm working with! You're lucky you didn't just cook your hand! Be careful around me when I'm working!", she yelled at the other girl. "And it's not because I'm more technologically advanced, but more the thing that the roof doesn't match." The other girl yelling at her has started to make her very uncomfortable and almost a bit scared. She just wanted to get away, but she couldn't, since she was practically tied to the roof. "Stop yelling!", she said and closed her eyes, covering her ears with her hands.

"Then you should've listened. Yes the roof doesn't match, but we arrived here yesterday, so either you sleep outside or find a place inside that doesn't have unmatching patches." Victoria says and she adds "And just my hand? That's nothing.", she crosses her arms and mentions for Octavia to get off.

Rose sighs "So I may have forgotten my toolbox, so I went to get it, when I came back I brought this girl with me, the dragons don't trust her, which, given that she was practically ready to dissect Spike, isn't that surprising, but the others don't like her either, besides Heidi. And I feel like I made a mistake bringing her here, she's trying to imitate us, take over what we do best, she wanted to take a look at the blueprint, afterwards she instantly wanted to help fix the roof, it's mismatched, but there are no leaks and... I just feel like I made a mistake, she went out to play on her violin at night, we got attacked by a Nadder who had been napping nearby and I fear she'll get in a ton of trouble if she keeps 'helping' without asking what the plan is." she says, glad to get that of her chest "I might give her a week before deciding to send her back to Berk or not."

Octavia sat there for a few seconds, still covering her ears and having her eyes closed. She was glad Victoria had stopped yelling when she did. She took her hands down and looked back up to the other person sitting on the roof. "You promise I can finish the roof tomorrow?". She asked, because she couldn't take it if she couldn't finish something she started and if the other girl promised, she'd climb down. Octavia supposed she could take it until the morning, if she knew for certain she was the one who could fix it.

"No, tomorrow I'm going to check the full damage of the roof and see what Gustaf and I can use for the new, there's no point in fixing it entirely when we're going to redo it." Victoria says "Now off." she says "And don't do something like this again, we have work to do around here as it is."

The thing she did next cost a lot of mental strength from her. She put the torch away and climbed down, untying the rope around her waist. Looking back over to Victoria. “Alright, I came down, but please promise I can be the one fixing it in the end. I really need to finish it”, she said and felt she had to explain herself a bit more. “I don’t know why but I just….”, she held on for a moment, searching for words describing how she felt. “… can’t have it if I can’t finish the roof”, it wasn’t a good explanation, but the best she could give and tell Victoria.

"No. The clubhouse is a group project, we will rebuild the entire roof when we have the chance and materials." Victoria points out "How you like it might not be my taste, it isn't, because who the hell uses a welding torch for the roof?" she asks crossing her arm, they had dragons, they didn't need a welding torch. But then again, Octavia wasn't even aware that dragons existed until she came to Berk.

Serenity smiles and shakes her head a bit and was happy that her beloved little sister was able to confide in her like this. It made the older girl feel like she had a real purpose, even if it was just a listening ear. “No, there is no way that you have done anything wrong in any sense. You’re giving her a chance when almost no one believes in this new person to be trustworthy, but think of the people that Hiccup managed to turn around and wound up becoming great allies. Like Dagur, and Heather. Even Erit. I’m sure, even if this girl turns out to be a bad person, giving a chance is NEVER a wrong choice, Rose.” She confirmed and then got an idea, “If you want, I can work with her so that she adjusts and acclimates to how things are done here. Make sure she doesn’t cause too many problems.”

Alvin, the poor boy, was getting very uncomfortable with the shouting as well and wanted to say something but it didn’t seem like either of them were even acknowledging his existence so he just excused himself from the situation and went to finish setting up his plants. It wasn’t too much longer that a large pair of wings could be heard in the wind outside. A pair of very familiar wings. It turned out to be the one and only Midnight, without her rider. This caused Alva to worry greatly and hurried over to the landing area to hopefully find a clue or two about what happened and see if they could find Rose.

Last edited:
"That'd be appreciated sis. Because I don't know what to do with her, we each have our skill set and she just wants to steal our jobs like it doesn't even matter. I'm not dad, I've never done anything like that, I'm not sure I can." Rose says "Victoria got pissed when Octavia complained about the roof, what was she expecting though? That we had everything completely fixed already?", luckily they were almost at the clubhouse, so they could get to treating Serenity's injuries.

Victoria gets put down by Spike before the dragon goes to lay down on the roof, nlocking the hole and Octavia's possible further attempts to 'fix it'. She sees Midnight and frowns "Hey Alva, do you think one of them might be injured? I mean, Serenity might be back and if Rose was injured she'd arrive on Midnight. Maybe Serenity is injured and they're coming on Starlight?" she asks petting the Night Fury, which seemed very worried about something. "Heidi! Do we have an area where we can treat injuries?" she asks walking back inside, maybe Alva could get the supplies ready in the meantime.

AquaMarie AquaMarie SerenityAngel SerenityAngel Hiuly of Starmoon Hiuly of Starmoon

“Sure thing, Rose. It kind of sounds like she might not exactly know how to control herself. I’ll do what I can with her. You just keep doing what you’re doing. You’re doing amazing and I couldn’t be prouder.” She then gently pat the other girl’s head to assure her. She was still her little sister, even when she becomes the chief, she will always be her beloved little sister whom she adores and obeys without question. She couldn’t deny that she was relieved when she saw that the clubhouse was coming into view. She really needed some rest.

“I don’t doubt one of them at least is hurt and that worries me.” He replied before hurrying back inside and gathering any and all his medicinal plants and potions and bandages and everything else he could think of that could have possibly gone wrong. He wanted to be sure he was prepared for any situation.

Last edited:
"No. The clubhouse is a group project, we will rebuild the entire roof when we have the chance and materials." Victoria points out "How you like it might not be my taste, it isn't, because who the hell uses a welding torch for the roof?" she asks crossing her arm, they had dragons, they didn't need a welding torch. But then again, Octavia wasn't even aware that dragons existed until she came to Berk.
Octavia looked at Victoria. “I do”, she said on the torch question and started pacing. “I have to finish the roof”, she said louder before she started mumbling to no one in particular. “… too many uncertainties…. Shouldn’t have come here… too many changes… don’t know what to expect….”

Rose nods and she wipes the blood from her cheek with her hand "Well maybe she just want to fit in too fast? I mean, we're vikings, we're used to how everything goes, but...", she jumps off Starlight before the dragons lands and she sees Alva "Serenity needs help." she says, trying not to sound too panicked. Midnight runs over to Rose and sits next to her, mentioning to the welding torch in Octavia's hand, this makes Rose clench her fist "Octavia..." she trails off, trying not to explode in the girl's face, she seemed uncertain enough as it it, but this was going too far "First you have to nerve to leave in the middle of the night, waking a Deadly Nadder who was sleeping, now you're keeping everyone awake because you have to fix the roof?" she asks "Find somewhere to sleep and I will try to fix this ENTIRE situation in the morning. For now Serenity, my big sister, has offered to help you fit in and help you out in general."she says.

Victoria's eyes widen seeing how Serenity looks and she runs over to help her off Starlight "You can use Rose her bedroll for now." she mumbles "What happened, it was supposed to be a simple scouting mission." she says, maybe she ran into trouble too.

SerenityAngel SerenityAngel AquaMarie AquaMarie Hiuly of Starmoon Hiuly of Starmoon

“Just remember that you always have me to use and lean on, no matter what. Okay?” She said and was relieved when they finally landed. She grit her teeth when she moved and was helped off of Starlight who gave a worried coo and tried to make things as easy as possible for her partner.

Alva was very shocked to see Serenity in such a state as she was one of the better warriors and was known to be careful, so anything to put her a state like this, it was definitely a concern. He also noticed that Rose was hurt too and still bleeding. So, instead of just one patient, he had two, however Srenity’s wounds were a bit more concerning while Rose could simply tie off her ar for a moment before he got to her. He did his best to help Serenity to the bedroll so he could examine her wounds more closely and treat them effectively.

“Sorry for returning in such a state everyone.” She said a bit ashamed that she got hurt so bad, but at least Starlight wasn’t hurt in the effort and Rose was relatively safe. “Don’t talk too much. Save your energy for healing. I’ll take care of you.” The studious boy said and started undressing Serenity to some simple clothes so he could see her wounds better but leave her modestly dressed. After about twenty minutes of poking, prodding, and examining, he sighed deeply and started treating and wrapping her wounds. “Well,” he started as he worked, “good news, none of your wounds are life-threatening. Bad news, you have two cracked ribs, one bruised, twisted ankle, various bruises and scrapes and one fairly deep nick to your side that must have slipped through your armor from an arrow, but d doesn’t look like any of them are badly infected or poisoned, so after a day or two of rest, you should be fine. I don’t reccomend moving around too much but, knowing both you and Rose, you’ll be up and lifting things before tomorrow. Just try to take it easy and I’ll make you something for the pain.” He said and went to mix up some herbs for her.

Serenity sat up and sighed, “Yeah, it WAS supposed to be a simple scouting mission but we wound up running into some intruders. They were strange, to say the least. They were really itching to down Starlight. Definitely hunters. So, we led them far away and off course from here and Berk. We did our best to make our appearance seem like their imaginations but that wasn’t without cost. I managed to sneak aboard and look around just a little and saw a weird crest, but nothing really more than that. Sorry everyone.”

Rose thinks for a while "Well... did it look like this?" she asks after drawing the crest she saw on the ship that she and Octavia encountered "Because if it was then we need to warn dad that Toothless has to take all the dragons around Berk with him." she explains and she frowns "Well... if she can talk to Octavia about how we usually do things then she doesn't have to do much." she says with a grin, though she knows Serenity would much rather help around with getting the Edge rebuild.

She thinks for a while though "Maybe... we should build the stables more in the middle of the island..." she trails off, it would be safer since they would have to land in the middle and outsiders couldn't see their dragons whenever they were wandering around.

Victoria sighs "Do you think they followed Octavia and her family here? We've never seen that crest before, and neither have our allies. If they had, we would be warned." she says leaning against the wall, deep in thought "We also need to be very careful with when we head out until we know what we're dealing with." she says. She didn't want to suspect Octavia of leading the hunters to Berk, but they needed to be careful when it came to their dragons "The dragons prefer to sleep more to the middle anyway I think." she says "But tomorrow we're going to get supplies to fix the clubhouse completely. Unless we're all going to be doing our own projects."

It had been a long night Serenity had returned badly injured but was helped by Alva. Finally everything quite down and everyone fell asleep. Heidi was the first to wake up as she was one to always get up quite early. Walking over she tened to the fire adding more wood and getting the fire back to normal. She got out pans and started to work on breakfast deciding to make a hardy meal for the group. Bubble woke up noticing her rider was gone the large dragon moved over laying her head next to were Heidi was kneeled down cooking and let out a quite grumble. "Morning" she whispered gently patting her snout before going back to cooking.

Rose had fallen asleep while working on the blueprint and she rubs her neck, at least the ink was dry so it's not ruined, she looks at Serenity and smiles slightly, walking over to her and covering her with her fur cloak before walking over to Heidi "Want me to get some water?" she asks quietly. It was going to be a busy day, fix the hole in the clubhouse, again, look for anything salvagable from the huts, gather materials to fix the roof of the clubhouse completely, help everyone with their personal projects and maybe she could get some inventing in between that.

Victoria wakes up when the sun shines on her face and she sighs getting up, she glares at the hole though, but at least Spike was still asleep there, so that's good. She hears the others and waves at them as she sits down "How did everyone sleep?" she asks.

The injured girl shook her head. The crest that Rose had drawn were different than the one she had encountered. That was a small relief since that meant that it wasn’t the same group and a separate incident but also worrisome as it was two incidents in the same day. “We still need to report this to Chief Hiccup as soon as possible, let him know that things are just a bit dangerous for dragons to be too far from Berk or the Edge.” Serenity said and gave a slight wince and a his for just a split second as Alva finished bandaging her wounds. He then handed her a hot cup of tea.

“This tea has a mild sedative in it so you’re going to be very sleepy and won’t wake up for a couple hours. You need rest and this will help. It’s also got some pain reliever in it so that should help you rest better. It won’t taste great but not as bad and bitter as some of Gothie’s brews.” He joked a bit and got up and went over to Rose whole had only the one major injury which he was quick to wash, disinfect and put some salve on to protect it from getting infected. He applied some numbing paste that was put onto a rag first to keep his hands from going numb from the contact and letting it take affect before starting to stitch the wound closed, then dressing it with a secured bandage.

After all was said and done the whole group had gone to sleep and was settled down till morning. That was when the smell of cooking food had wafted across the boy’s nose and gently woke him from sleep with a smile and dreams of yummy food.

Serenity, on the other hand was still very much asleep and even snuggled into the fur coat that Rose had kindly put over her. One of the few times she didn’t have her guard up and actually looked her age or younger. The sedative hadn’t fully worn off yet so she would sleep for just a bit longer before waking with a soft hum and a stretch of her no longer aching body. The smell of breakfast was definitely pleasant and welcome.

Rose puts the now finished blueprint in her bag before walking out of the clubhouse, where Midnight dumps a bucket of water, so she brings it inside after giving her dragon a pat on the head. "Midnight got some water." she says putting the bucket down near Heidi.

Victoria hides a yawn and asks "What's everyone going to be doing today? I'm going to take a look at the roof and see what materials we need.", Rose would most likely focus on building a forge and Alva might try to make sure he can take care of the plants.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back