• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
"Well, maybe the host knew about it. But the rest of us had no idea really. We never hear much of the outside world other than what we are told by new guests." Marius shrugged. "That's why I have no clue who you are...although being 302 years old you think I would have heard something about you back in my time in New Orleans...I think that was in the early 2000s human year wise?" He scratched the side of his head. "Anyway! I do know where to pool is. It's out in the courtyard. Thankfully one of the places that hardly ever changes around here aaand I don't think you'll ever be bugged by paparazzi here. So that's a positive."

~~~~

"I honestly couldn't tell you a thing. Other than watch what you eat and drink. The host like to plant little 'surprises' in the food and beverages that mess with his guests." He sighed and relaxed back against the wall again. "And to answer your other question. Yes, the guy who announced it owns this place or watches over it...I'm still not clear on which, but I do know he is mighty creepy."

How could it make such a foul mistake? Embarrassed, Cahill stepped back and cleared it's throat. "So, where are you from?" It began walking again. The ghost took care to keep from raising any more unrest in the poor boy's mind.

The priest's warning seemed to have an adverse effect. C.B stood nonchalantly, like he was bored, but his wide grin was telling how interested he really was.

"Damn, he sounds real nasty," he said. "...When can I meet him?"

"From a big city in the depths of downtown, the gross areas I would say." Declan paused for a minute in complete silence.

"Where are you from...?" He was getting curious about this ghost before him.

Despite being somewhat apathetic when hearing of Declan's story, Cahill sprung up when prompted to tell it's own tale. "Why bother about me? Please, tell me more about yourself. You're so much more interesting." It looked at Declan and winked. "For example, why did you walk into this place? Ooh, did you follow your heart? Did it lead you to me?" The ghost chuckled again, leading Declan to the far side of the courtyard as it conversed.

Of course Cahill had to be just kidding, although he really didn't know how he got here.

"I-I don't....know how I got here. I can't remember." He began to look more troubled than anything now.

On the other hand he had no idea where to start with himself. No one had really ever asked that question. By now Declan forgot about it since he was sidetracked.

"How do I go home..." Looking up to the blue, piercing sky his words trailed off into thought.

It couldn't keep itself from pitying the boy. "Do not worry, child." The ghost hoped to provide consolation. It didn't completely understand the feeling Declan felt. Not yet. "I, too, am clueless. But we will figure this out together."

Cahill averted it's eyes from Declan's and disappeared, only to reappear in the doorway leading back into the Hotel.

"Come along!" It called.

Axel1313 said:
"Well, maybe the host knew about it. But the rest of us had no idea really. We never hear much of the outside world other than what we are told by new guests." Marius shrugged. "That's why I have no clue who you are...although being 302 years old you think I would have heard something about you back in my time in New Orleans...I think that was in the early 2000s human year wise?" He scratched the side of his head. "Anyway! I do know where to pool is. It's out in the courtyard. Thankfully one of the places that hardly ever changes around here aaand I don't think you'll ever be bugged by paparazzi here. So that's a positive."
@Funeral

((Just making sure notifs are getting to peeps. They can be a pain at times.))

"Ah, good. come walk me to my room. I'll regale you with a tale of the great Zack Hall on our way there. I'll tell you the story when I was in China filming my movie, "The Great Wall of Death". Well some real life ninjas came by and they attacked. They started throwing ninja stars at the film crew. I caught one with my right hand and caught another with my left hand. I threw them to the same ninjas that threw them and took them out. Another group of ninjas came running at me and I jumped 15 feet into the air over 8 ninjas. I did three backflips and one frontflip before landing. I took down 4 ninjas at once with one punch and another 10 with a single roundhouse kick. The ninjas retreated and the Emperor of China came out and gave me the key to the city. Then they shot fireworks in the sky in the shape of me" Zack and his assistant stop at a door.

"This room looks like a master suite. I'll take it. I think I'll head to the pool later. Keep me updated on the party. And your very welcome, you got to have a conversation with Zack Hall. I'll see you"

After Cahill disappeared before him, Declan stood looking beyond the courtyard. He hoped this new ghost friend was trustworthy, along with everyone else. Then again, no one really is.

"Coming.." Declan sighed and started walking. He ran his fingers through his hair and let it fall back onto his face.

Last edited by a moderator:
"That sounds...interesting, Zack. We'll have to spar sometime so I can actually get to witness your moves. I'm not too bad of a fighter myself. I've managed to take down several demons and some rowdy humans. The only one I haven't beaten though is my Mother-in-law. She's quite the old bear." Marius chuckled. Boy...this guy sure had some enthusiasm. "I might join you in heading towards the pool though. I've got a friend who's still out in the courtyard who might know you. He'd be able to tell me more about what you look like too."

~~~~~

"I'm sure you'll meet him at the party." Sisceal spoke through a yawn. "He hates to disappoint, so there is no doubt he'll show himself there in the nicest of clothes."

The hallway leading away from the courtyard was dim and as the ghost delved into the darkness, it could only wonder what the others thought of it's presence. Was Declan only accompanying it out of fear?

Cahill slowed it's pace as it looked down at it's hands. Look closely, and you would see the floor through it's supernatural replacement for skin. If it could, the revenant wished to cry.

"Oh, Declan, would you ever give away such a blessing to a sorry old man like me?" Cahill murmured it's troubles to itself before becoming silent.

A door stood at the end of the hall. Light leaked out of a small opening.

He stepped into the hallway slowly with his hands inside his hoodie pocket.

"Cahill, whadya m-mean..?" Declan didn't really understand at first. A unsettling feeling came over him. Declan squinted to see the ghost in the dim light.

Cahill raised it's head quickly upon hearing Declan speak. "Oh! What are you talking about, boy?"

The ghost shivered.

"..Did you hear anything?"

Those who listen to the dead are never left unpunished.

"Oh, I'm s-sorry..I mean.." Declan began to stumble with his words it made him frustrated.

"If you need some space or..." He pointed towards the end of the hallway he came from.

"I can go..."

Not sure what to do, he was feeling kind of nervous about Cahill again.

Axel1313 said:
"That sounds...interesting, Zack. We'll have to spar sometime so I can actually get to witness your moves. I'm not too bad of a fighter myself. I've managed to take down several demons and some rowdy humans. The only one I haven't beaten though is my Mother-in-law. She's quite the old bear." Marius chuckled. Boy...this guy sure had some enthusiasm. "I might join you in heading towards the pool though. I've got a friend who's still out in the courtyard who might know you. He'd be able to tell me more about what you look like too."
@Funeral

At first, Cahill couldn't understand what it wanted. Declan's company was both comforting and beneficial. But the ghost needed time to understand itself before looking inside someone else (literally). The human child was suddenly infuriating Cahill.

"I need some space, yes. I'll see you around then, Declan."

It rushed down the hall, making a right and blending into the darkness. "Too close.." It whispered to itself repeatedly.

Declan watched Cahill merge into the dark. He felt confused and a bit worried he may have done something.

After all it's what Declan was famous for. Pushing others away.

"Ah, okay..I'll see you around." Calling out to the dark to get no reply, he walked back towards courtyard with his gaze downward.

After the others had left, a weird noise started to emit from an old, crumbling well on the edge of the courtyard. It wasn't distinguishable at first, but eventually sounded more and more like someone grunting.

...Craack!!!

The rotting wood boarding up the crevice suddenly and violently split apart. An arm shot out from the splinters and started waving around frantically.

"Hey! Somebody get me outta here!"

The heavy breathing noises it made did not signify anything other than the ghost's pulsing emotions.

Declan was right. What if Cahill would never see the hills of Ireland ever again? Or the mountains of Nepal? It found such freedom in roaming the world without barrier but now was fated to rot in this Hotel. Was this it's otherworldly punishment?

And who would face the brunt of this rage?

Cahill kept on moving uneasily, bobbing from side to side, clearly nauseated. It had no brain. Or did it?

All this thinking was painful. It floated through the nearest door and paused.

"How nice," it mumbled to itself before falling onto the bed.

"Spar with me? You would have to talk to my assistant and check my schedule. Truthfully I don't even like it when autograph seekers touch me. I'm world famous actor Zack Hall, even I feel privileged when I wake up in the morning and know that I'm me" *Zack smiles* "Maxwell take my things to the suite, I'll be at the pool" *Maxwell heads to the room with the bags* "I hope french models are there at the pool. Not so I can check them out, but for them too see someone with real model good looks" *Zack winks*

Marius had to restrain his snickering. "I think you are in for quite a surprise here Zack. It's....not quite the real world." He chuckled and slicked his hair back. "Also, even if there were French models, you'd have to get their attention away from me first. I'm an expert ladies man." He smirked.

@Funeral

Declan heard a noise from across the courtyard then seen an arm waving.

"Hm?" He dragged himself over and looked down. Reaching a hand to grab the one from under the boards, he pulled it up.

Hysterical laughter filled the immediate air as a woman was pulled out from underground. She looked terrible; her clothes were torn, and she was covered in cuts and bruises.

"I'm out!" she cried, shuddering with laughter. "Oh, thanks loads, kid! You got no idea how long I was down there!"

She smiled wide at Declan, showing off the gap where a sharp canine used to be, then turned to the hotel. Did it always look like that?

Axel1313 said:
Marius had to restrain his snickering. "I think you are in for quite a surprise here Zack. It's....not quite the real world." He chuckled and slicked his hair back. "Also, even if there were French models, you'd have to get their attention away from me first. I'm an expert ladies man." He smirked.
@Funeral
@Funeral

Users who are viewing this thread

Back