• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
"No no. That's fair! It can be a horrible thing if done irresponsibly. That said, as long as you don't go overboard, it can be quite nice," she said, walking alongside him with a big smile, unphased by the conversation's turns, "Hecate is... eccentric, as expected. You probably know her better than I do, to be honest. There is never a dull day, however, I will say that. She's always up to something, whether it be benign or otherwise. Oh! Did Zeus get that... er... potion she made?" Kana giggled and almost snorted at the idea. It was dangerous to mess with Zeus, but he totally deserved it.

"Until your brother is serious about something, he seems like such a dolt," she said, cupping her hand over her mouth for a moment afterward, "Oh. Sorry. That was a little harsh. When he's serious he's incredible! A force to be reckoned with, for sure. It's just hard to imagine they're the same person sometimes, you know?" She smiled apologetically up at Hades, at the spot he had chosen out by now, "Enough about your brother though. I want to hear more about you! Who amongst the gods do you spend time with?"

He was honestly a bit surprised she agreed with him on that subject, he hadn't expected that. Daughter of Dionysus agreeing that alcohol could be bad...interesting turn of events. "Yes she's always been an eccentric type...but so long as you stay on her good side it's all fine. I haven't really been subjected to anything on her part, outside of her failing to return my books...I think that may be in part because I don't like pranks of any sort and it's a general rule that you shouldn't try one on me, especially if you live here....live here. Interesting way to think of that, not many alive to begin with." He glanced over to Kana giving a gentle nod. "He did, yes. I don't know if he took it...my brother deserves such things every so often."

Arriving at the spot he flourished a hand in front of him, shadow's coalescing into a large blanket in front of them which laid neatly on the ground. "No, you're right. My brother is a bit of a dolt at times...but when it's needed he's good at his duties. I'm sure some believe I should be like him sometimes, or at least be more 'fun'." Slowly lowering himself down onto the blanket of shadow he fell silent in thought of that subject. "...I don't spend time with many. I suppose if I had to say anyone... Hermes, Athena, Hecate...I've had some conversation with Hephaestus every so often. Thanatos...I suppose Nyx may count, I've held a conversation with her once in a while. I'd suppose Ares once in a while, seeing as how he has some dominion over souls that are on the losing side of a war. But all in all, my contact with even them is sparse and limited save for Hermes, Thanatos, and Hecate. But that's more than likely because of our duties...The same question to you then?"

Kana plopped down on the blanket, folding her legs, "Ah... I don't know. I don't really hang out with anyone either. I'll go out from time to time, and I have a lot of smaller gods or nymphs that I know, but... I wouldn't call many of them friends. I don't interact with the bigger deities much at all. They're... pretty intimidating. Heh... Yourself included, until a few days ago. Now I know you're a softie." She grinned at him, setting out the food, as well as materializing a couple of wine glasses. She poured them both a glass and offer him his, "Like I said the other day, this isn't high test stuff. It won't get you drunk, so don't worry about that."

She swirled her drink in one hand and picked up a little triangle sandwich with the other. What could she talk about? What was something that might be kinda funny... something to embarrass him for once... Oh! She smiled sweetly, "So... I'm curious. What kind of... ah... what kind of lover are you in the bed?" She took a long sip from her wine as she looked at him for his response.

Taking the glass from her he slowly swirled it around and watched it before slowly taking a sip...it wasn't terrible, but it wasn't his preferred sort of drink. "And you no longer think I'm intimidating then? Interesting..." Reaching out to take a small sandwich he held it in his hand, stopping his plan of taking a bite at her question. He didn't flinch, at least not visibly, though on the inside she recoiled just a bit. "Strange question. Not sure why you care at this point in time, but I don't have an answer for you. I suppose I was a lover, I'm not sure what you're after with that question. Getting awfully personal for a first date, aren't we?"

He slowly chewed on a sandwich, mulling over his own question. What was good to ask her? "Any favored hobbies?" He couldn't let her get to him with her questions, just try to keep his composure.

Kana blushed, “Damn it you’re like a rock.” She smiled despite her blushing and laughed a little, “I just wanted to ask something silly to try to catch you off guard. So much for that! Heh. Anyway, I like to read... mm... garden. I like to people watch, though that’s a little bit of a weird one. Um... I dunno. I just like to do a bit of everything I guess. Life is interesting, you know?”

She rubbed her finger along the glass of the cup, looking down into the liquid. This was weird. She was on a date with the king of the underworld. Her eyes darted up for a moment, looking around to see if anyone was around. If they saw... then she wasn’t going to be left alone. Would she be safe if people knew?

Her eyes drifted back to look at Hades. It... Mm... maybe it’d be worth it. He seemed like a sincere person, with a lot on his mind all the time. But he seemed nice... and... he was pretty cute too. Kana blushed again after realizing she was staring at him and looked away, nibbling on a sandwich triangle to try to hide it.

"I'm not known for being overly emotive. I find it more entertaining and beneficial to keep an even face...though you did catch me off guard." He listened to her in silence as she discussed her hobbies, slowly chewing on a sandwich triangle. Watching her glance around for just a brief moment he tilted his head a bit, raising an eyebrow. "If you're worried about someone showing up, don't worry about it too much. No one visits often, and most give me a wide berth anyway. What reason would they have to disturb me or you, let alone come to my domain?"

He finished a sandwich triangle before taking a slow sip of the wine and speaking up again. "...Thank you, for giving me a chance. I understand I'm hardly the most interesting god or goddess to spend time with, not that I mind that fact..." He studied her for a moment more before his eyes went towards the food, speaking up again. "The picnic assortment is good, you made a good pick..."

(Kek. Linkle made good picks.)

Kana smiled a little, shaking her head, “You’re right. I shouldn’t worry so much. Just... news travels, you know? And you dating... that’s some pretty big news... though I don’t mind so much myself. I’m just worried about the trouble it’ll cause. I’m willing to put up with it though.” She gave another small smile and stuck out her tongue at him. “And I dunno. For better or worse you’ve been pretty interesting so far. This whole situation isn’t what I’d call normal.”

She finished a sandwich and started on another, “Oh, so do you have any pets besides Cerberus? I can definitely see you being an animal lover. And I can see Persephone being one too.”

He gave a small shrug. "My only concern is that if news travels, risk may fall upon you. I wouldn't be surprised if some would enjoy getting to me by harming you. I care not what others wind up thinking besides that, but I've been trying to play my cards as safe as I can." He gave a very brief chuckle at the admission of him being 'interesting', speaking up again. "That's true...this is far from normal on my fronts." Taking a few silent bites of the salad he spoke up again. "I do, but they're non-traditional. Every hellhound, I consider my pet and something I care for. Persephone cared more for the traditional sort, though she loved them all...Sadly the underworld is considerably hostile to living creatures so it'd be hard to sustain anything outside of a native or otherwise difficult to kill creature here."

"Oh?" she quirked, finishing off her glass of wine after she set down the second little triangle, "I'd be interested in meeting her pets, or even some of the ones you consider to be your pets... I dunno, maybe I'd even remember some of them?" She shrugged at the thought. She was genuinely interested, but more than a little scared at the idea of having more... episodes? What could she even call them? She let out a small, dry laugh, smirking at her own thoughts, "We're really boring people, aren't we? I'm pretty happy just sitting near someone, reading, doing whatever it is we're doing. But I don't need to do something specific and engaging. Just being around someone I like makes my day better."

Kana smiled down at her hands, fingers awkwardly futzing with each other. How did one date? How was a date supposed to go? This was nice... but... was she doing it wrong? "So..." she started again, but her thoughts were cut off by the sudden appearance of another god floating in front of them.

1586482270285.pngHermes.

Kana's face was bright red again before he even started talking. "Oh wow~!" he started, floating upsidedown for a moment before he spun upright again, "Oh look at you go Hades. Getting some sweet lovely time with a lady! That's crazy! Why didn't you tell me you had the hots for someone? Oh you know I love to know this sort of stuff." He zipped up to Hades and hugged him with an arm, laying down in the air, "Uncle. Uncle. You hurt me so! Here I thought we were close enough for this sort of thing." In a half-whisper, he added, "I mean you're not just entertaining her for now, right? Cuz that's how you break hearts."

Kana had her face in her hands, hiding, and Hermes darted up to her, not even allowing time for any response yet, floating upside-down with his face in front of hers, "I mean if he doesn't want you, I'm sure others will. You're a beautiful goddess, you know that? Heck, even I'd have a swing at things if you didn't mind a fast-paced relationship."

"I had something I was here for..." he mused, slowing down as he floated and turned back to an upright position, "What was it... hmmm.... OH! Uncle Hades! Right! New information for you~ Duh." Hermes rummaged around in his satchel, humming, "So do tell. Are you vying for this cutie's heart or is she up for grabs?" He looked to Kana again, "So to speak, of course. You're allowed to say no and tell whoever you want to fuck off. God or not."

He nodded gently at that. "I'd be willing to do that with you. Persepephones pets are kept in a garden on the manor, as it's one of the few places life exists safely here." He paused for a moment, studying her. "Honestly, this is a lot how Persephone and I spent our time...we'd read books or simply sit beside one another, or do something simple like this. We both understood that I'm not a social deity, and she was happy with that, and I with her...So I don't find it boring, honestly." His attention shifted to a new arrival, his eyebrow twitching a bit. Gaia, how did I forget he might come here?

He watched his nephew in silence, speaking calmly. "I didn't tell you, because it wasn't anyone's concern Hermes. I am entitled to personal business and personal affairs...and I mean no offense, but as a god of messengers, you can see why you knowing things can seem counter-intuitive to my privacy at times." He stifled a small groan in the back of his throat as the god latched onto him in a one-armed hug. "We are close, trust that fact. But I'm allowed to do things by myself without telling you or others..." He reached forward and grabbed a small triangle sandwich, taking a small bite of it.

Hearing him make a pass at Kana he felt his eyebrow twitch a bit again. "Hermes, must you make a pass at her?" He sat upright at the mention of news, glancing at Kana and then Hermes. "...We are attempting a date. And I would request you don't let others know that, for reasons you're smart enough to know. Who is the message from?"

Hermes grinned devilishly, "Oh you are too much fun to mess with, Uncle. If you're into her, I won't go for her. Don't you worry. I respect you too much for that, of course. If it were my Father, thennnn I might fuck with him a bit. But you? Nah. You're too responsible and stuff." He sighed and dipped his head into his bag, still talking, despite now sounding muffled, "I won't tell anybody if you don't want them to know. I know lots of things no one wants anyone to know, yet people still trust me as a messenger for a reason." He emerged from his bag with a box of messages, "Well. I have your normal stuff, but given that you're a little busy, I'm gonna guess you'd like these just deposited at your house in your office?"

He sighed and most of the box disappeared. Hermes looked over the remaining letters, "Right. Well. There's one small package, but I'm not sure who it's from. It was left in an odd place on one of my normal routes and is addressed to you. A bit weird if you ask me. You're oddly popular, recently." He hummed for a second, flitting through the other letters in his hand at an impressive speed, tossing some back into his bag, "I've got one for you from Zeus. One for you from Poseidon. I've actually got one for Kana here, surprise surprise. Though again, no sender. It was in the same place as your strange little package, Uncle."

He handed the package to Hades and the letter to Kana, then waved the two from his brothers, "Would you like a read-aloud or no?" He flitted through the stack once more, double-checking to make sure he hadn't missed any, "Busy day by the way. Busy busy. Ares is having a pissed off sort of day, so don't be surprised if you get an influx here in the next few hours to the next day or so. Poor mortal bastards, I kinda feel sorry for them. Aaanyway, I think that's it for now. Anything you need to send out?"

A very brief smile touched the edges of his lips at Hermes comment. "Thank you, I appreciate that Hermes...yes, I'd appreciate you leaving her alone. And I'd also appreciate you not telling anyone." He leaned back on his arm a bit as he sat, watching the messenger search for his well..messages. "I'm not sure why I've become oddly popular, but the sooner it passes the happier I'll be...I dislike the spotlight." He pondered the question of 'read aloud' for a moment before shaking his head, holding his hand out for the letters as well. "No, I can read them myself, thank you....nothing to send out either." He paused for a moment, considering how to word his next question. "What has Ares all stirred up, and what's going to suffer for it? We had him agree no more toying with the Balkans or the germanic areas."

"Just Ares being pissy about Aphrodite again, and making people suffer for it, unfortunately," Hermes mused, fiddling with his bag until it was back against his side, "Ares and Hephaestus might have a bit of a tiff again, so that means volcanoes." He sighed and shrugged, "Unless you or my father want to get in the middle of that mess, I suggest just letting it pass."

Kana brushed her fingers over the letter she had gotten and eyed the package that Hades had gotten. What was going on with this now? She wasn't expecting any messages, and Hermes didn't even know who it was from? She scrunched her nose ever so slightly. Was it someone who had found out already? No. That was just being paranoid. She sighed and ran her nail along the edge to open it. She wasn't looking down at it, instead just watching Hades go on and on. He was an entertaining character. He was always so energetic.

"If you wanna do something about it though, then maybe you can just talk to Ares and get him to calm down about it. We don't need them having a full-on fight, but then it really isn't your problem, either. My father should really be the one to get my brother to calm the heck down," he grumbled, going back to slowly floating in a circle, "Anyway, if that's all then I should probably head out. Got more things to do. Always do!" Hermes smiled and bowed his head before disappearing.

Not moments after Hermes had left, the distraction gone, Kana bent open the envelope to look inside. She paused for a long moment, brow furrowed, and gingerly took the item out. It was a beautiful but simple necklace on a chain, a small pomegranate split open to expose the seeds sat as the centerpiece. She felt like it was familiar. "This was Persephone's... wasn't it?" She held it with a featherlight touch in her hand and glanced in the envelope. There was a message as well, but she would read that in a moment. Her attention moved back to the necklace, "It's beautiful... how did it end up in there?"

Hades gave a slight huff of air. "I have no interest in getting between their quarreling. I gave up on wishing they could all behave and act responsibly long ago. If it becomes too big of an issue, then I'll step in...but at that point, Zeus should have done something long ago." He sat upright after a moment, giving a slight nod towards Hermes who completely disappeared after a brief moment. Glancing at Kana he raised a brow in question. "What did you get?" No sooner had he asked the question was the necklace pulled out on display...and the wine glass slipped out of his fingers and dropped onto the blanket of shadow they were relaxing on, the wine spilling out before simply phasing through. He felt his lips go dry at the sight and the implications behind it. "That...is Persephones necklace, yes...I don't have a good feeling about whatever that message may be. I will not force it out of your hand, but if you could inform me what the message says, I would appreciate it...the choice is ultimately yours, however." Glancing at his own package with quiet uncertainty he slowly opened it up to investigate what lay inside. A narrow line of a frown set onto his face at the revelation inside...locks of her hair. Remain calm...remain calm. Now wasn't the time to erupt in fire. "...Kana, what does your letter say?"

Last edited:
She wanted to wear it... but she let herself swallow and sighed, offering the necklace to Hades. She glanced at the spot where the glass had fallen. He had done that a lot with her. Poor guy. If he could have a heart attack, she'd surely be the cause of it. She couldn't see what was in his little box, but by his reaction, it wasn't good. Greaaaaaat... just what she... no, just what both of them needed. Drama. So much for a good date. Kana slipped the letter out and opened it. It was simple, off-white on thick cardstock lettering. On the back was a beautifully engraved bident, a nod to Hades. Taunting him.

Looking down at the letter, the words looked... blurred. She felt a little woozy all of a sudden. Still, she tried to press through it so she could read the message to Hades, "Ah... It says... I saw your hellhounds. Cute things... you're... um... you're lucky I didn't see that as an opportunity to... to take one from you. Silly that you... trusted Persephone to... to open a package you didn't know the sender of... If you keep this up... it'll be..." she trailed off, collapsing into sleep. The last word she missed was "easy", and that it did seem to be, unfortunately. She didn't seem injured, simply asleep.

In his effort to not turn into her mother and let her keep personal liberties, he had just left her open to an attack. He shot to his feet, letters from his brothers going into his pocket along with the package. "No...No no no!" Remain level headed, if he blew up now there was going to be problems...but now he knew he couldn't send his hounds out anymore. When he found this person, STRAIGHT into Kaos, no passing GO, no detours, no frills. Lifting up Kana and grabbing her letter for good measure, he stuffed it all into his pocket, shadow leaping over them and devouring them.

A brief moment and they were right in the middle of Hecates abode. "Hecate! I know we agreed I wouldn't pop up in your home unannounced but I'm breaking it in this instance. I have made a mistake and need your help!" In some sort of twisted upside, he had more tracking material, but this wasn't a well worth exchange.

1586678183942.pngObjects clattered against the countertop as Hecate just about jumped out of her skin when Hades appeared. She was about to shout at him when she saw Kana in his arms, sleeping as soundly as a babe. Her expression immediately turned serious as she moved up to the two of them and motioned for him to rest her down on the couch. "Why in the name of Olympus can you two not have an hour of peace?" she grumbled, "What did you do? What happened?" She was already checking her over as she questioned, brow tightly knit in concern. She had no injuries. Just asleep. At the explanation, she took the letter with a deep sigh. Magic was at foot, of course, and she was fairly certain this was one of the gods' doing... or something similar.

1586679891025.png"A god, a titan, or a demigod did this," she muttered in explanation to Hades, "Sit. Don't hover over her. The magic was not meant to do anything but make her sleep... though I imagine her dreams will be filled with nightmares until she wakes. I will make something to wake her up more quickly. You are a god of dreams, at least in part. If you think it might help and you think yourself able to, then keep her company in her dreams. Perhaps you can stave off the worst of them."

While the two of them spoke, she had already been all but tossed into a dream headfirst. She was not Kana, however, and was instead fully Persephone in this instance. A very cautious, and very uneasy Persephone. She had her back to a wall in a strange hallway. It branched off at various points, but she didn't look keen on moving. Darkness swirled around her at the edge of her vision, slowly getting closer and trying to suffocate her like a personification of panic.

Hades frowned at the question of why they can't get an hour of peace. "I don't know, but if I could answer that I'd be having a lot easier time..." He spent the next five minutes explaining everything in as much detail as he could. How there had been anonymous messages for them, how he'd gotten locks of Persephone's hair, how she had gotten her necklace...how he had been foolish enough to trust a letter to her, in his willingness to not strip her of her freedoms and liberties. He came to a stall as she explained who could have done this. "...I can't have the furies out hunting then. They can't die, but you can wound them enough or damage them to the point they're out of commission for a period of time, hindering their duties...I can't send Artemis out hunting as well...I do not want to take the risk of her befalling harm."

He fell into a seat nearby, resting his head in a hand. "I will give you everything we received from these messages...do what you can to track them down, with your utmost caution...This is proving more troublesome than I first anticipated." He laid out everything on a table beside him, the locks of hair and it's container, the necklace, the letter to Kana, everything. "Do what you can...please. I've already recalled the furies to avoid putting them at direct risk for now...I'm going to enter her dreams. I am not Hypnos, but they are still my domain." He glanced towards Kana and with but a thought he projected a portion of his mind into her dreams, form coalescing beside her against the wall, a hand going onto her shoulder. "Kana? Persephone? Are you fine?"

Persephone scrambled at the sudden appearance of Hades beside her, as Hecate outside set to work. She almost fell on her ass but caught herself with the aid of the wall. "Oh, by the gods! You startled me, hun!" she whispered harshly, "Why are you here? And... where is here, anyway?" He made the darkness go away. He could always make her feel safe. She finished righting herself and looked down one of the hallways. There was seemingly nothing, but they had to go somewhere, right? Persephone caught his hand and gripped it tightly, beginning to pull him along in a direction, "Come on love. We won't get anything done by sitting around. Let's stick together. Perhaps we can find some rhyme or reason to this place, or at least find a way out. I've got no idea what's happening, but my head is pounding. Has someone attacked me? Attacked us?"

Outside of the dream, Hecate called Zeus into the room, discussing with him the situation. He said little, but there was an uproarious clap of thunder that sounded before he left again to do as Hecate has asked. Which was to gather an ingredient. She looked at Hades and Kana/Persphone with a deep frown as she waited, feeling as though the weight of the world was on their shoulders right now when all they wanted was to be left alone.

It took him but a moment to process that this was indeed Persephone, as opposed to Kana. Hand in hers he followed after her, grip gently squeezing. "Are you alright?..." He fell silent at her question of if she was attacked...he couldn't lie, he had to be honest. "There was an anonymous letter from whoever did this to you...and I let kana read it in my foolishness, I didn't know it was connected. I am so worried to obstruct her freedoms and stifle her and strip her of liberties that I may be putting her at risk..." He glanced around, taking a deep breath. "But as long as I am here, you will be safe."

"Who is Kana?" Persephone asked, glancing back at him with a raised brow and a look of confusion on her face. She looked forward again though and kept going. She turned around a corner only to see more hallways. She let out a little huff in frustration, flowers growing themselves in her hair. "This isn't going to get us anywhere, is it..." she muttered, glancing down yet another hallway, "Why so many...? Whatever the villain has done to me, this is quite odd. I am happy that you seem to be fine, though, more worried about myself than your own safety." She smiled a little, looking back at him again, "Nothing new there. Always such a worrier."

She let out a long sigh and stopped moving, contemplating the next move. Her free hand went to her mouth, biting her knuckle softly. Her other hand stayed gripped in his. "Perhaps...," she muttered softly, a swirl of vegetation surrounding and consuming them, similar to Hades's shadows when he teleports. The scene changed a little, but they were clearly in the same maze. This time, in a large open room. It looked like it was used for storage of random objects. She frowned, "Is this... a dream? Has Hypnos decided to play a prank on me?"

He paused for a moment, it hadn't dawned on him she wasn't entirely aware. "...Kana is you. It is...difficult to explain. Whatever was done to you didn't kill you, you've...semi-reincarnated, I suppose. We are within her mind and dreams at this moment... She sees you often." He glanced at her, giving a dry huff like laugh. "I have always held a healthy amount of concern for you, you were the only thing I have ever truly cared for after all." Consumed in a vegetation like globe to only poof somewhere else he slowly reached out, resting a hand on her shoulder. "Persephone...this is a dream. But not one to wake up from..." He took a deep breath before exhaling, trying his best to explain...everything. The situation, what he knew, what had become of her, everything he could as calmly as he could. It wasn't fair for him to keep secrets from her, she had suffered enough thus far. Sad black eyes regarded her in silence after he finished, his jaw working slowly as if he had something to say, but no words would work.

Persephone listened dutifully, brow set in concern and frown pressed into the corners of her mouth. She was quiet as he finished as well. "If it is a dream, then it is something to wake from," she said quietly, "And if I was not killed, then reincarnated is the wrong term. Whatever has happened with my broken mind is something that will have to be fixed. But one thing at a time... and first is getting out of this place. I know nothing of this memory-less self, but until it is fixed, I know you will keep me as safe as you can." She rubbed her face and let out a small groan, "You need to be more careful!"

"Love, if I'm walking around as some amnesia case, then you need to watch me more carefully!" she half-whined, "I'm enough of a brash idiot as in, let alone when I'm practically a child... and if someone has been attacking me, then you must be careful with things I am gifted. You have always watched me carefully, why is it different when I do not remember things?" Persephone cupped his cheek, looking into his eyes deliberately, "Most importantly, however... are you well? Have they hurt you?"

He nodded gently, listening to her. "You're as bright as ever love...you're right, of course. One thing at a time though." He internally flinched at her groan of needing to keep her safe and be careful. "I'm sorry. I'm afraid to make mistakes and drive your memory-less self away, or let harm befall her or you..." A hand went to her hand on his cheek, gently squeezing it. "I'm fine. No one has harmed me...though I cannot promise I will not be performing harm at some point in the future. When I find who has done this...they will face my wrath for this...the only hurt I feel is your own." He gently pulled her hand from his cheek and kissed her knuckles, cupping it in both hands. "I am as well as I can be, but do not fret for me. I am Hades of the Underworld, eldest brother of Zeus and Poseidon, child of Kronos and Grandson of Ouranos...I will be fine. I will do better to keep you and her safe, you have my word."

She groaned slightly and pulled away, "If this memory-less self is still myself, then please do not call us two separate people. We are one and the same, memory or not, and either way, I am bound to you by my heart and my very being. I must admit though... I do not recall what happened after the last time I spoke with my mother... I know we had an argument, and my mother was being protective... but I don't remember what happened beyond that. I hope I did not do something stupid at the behest of my mother." Persephone sighed, "Though I know I likely did, lest I would have never gotten myself into this situation. Do tell, though. Does my mother know yet? Has this amnesia self gotten to see her yet? Or have you kept me from my mother... as I know you'd love to do in most instances."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back