• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy GoH: OOC Lounge

Hmmm... An offensive high military rank... They won't be seeing active service as birdsie has said, but you can make an argument that they remain an officer during peacetime in the event of mobilization. Of course that mobilization would fall under the defense first. You can easily make a defensive high military officer for different regions of the empire. Victoria, for example, basically is the high command when it comes to defending the castle/king. I'm sure there would also be one for each city/region.

Of course we can go back to the special forces unit, or a Corp that acts only under the king (which the imperial musketeer Corp is).
Maybe a special corp that is made for defensive offensive purposes? A corp that is made to be used against threats within the kingdom, like large cults, orgnaizations and bandit groups?She could be the commander of that and be used for offensive purposes in the case of war. Maybe the corp is looked at with a bit of distaste and yet fear, doing all the dirty work and not even hiding that?

Maybe a special corp that is made for defensive offensive purposes? A corp that is made to be used against threats within the kingdom, like large cults, orgnaizations and bandit groups?She could be the commander of that and be used for offensive purposes in the case of war. Maybe the corp is looked at with a bit of distaste and yet fear, doing all the dirty work and not even hiding that?
I can see that. That almost sounds like a rogue legion that operates outside military command but is sanctioned by the king. Which isn't out of the possibility, since that's basically what Évelyne is, except she does it alone.

I can see that. That almost sounds like a rogue legion that operates outside military command but is sanctioned by the king. Which isn't out of the possibility, since that's basically what Évelyne is, except she does it alone.
Rogue isnt exactly the right style. its more... A knight legion. They are said to be honorless brutes and berserks, like, thats what the stories say, but they are actually a very disciplined corps of elite knights. But due to the tasks they do, the rumors make them a scary pile of barbarians instead of the honorable knights and saviours they are. Its a job without apprecitation, but a job that needs to be done. They are directly under the king, well, Johanna, my character, is. And the legion is directly under her command. Sounds good?

Rogue isnt exactly the right style. its more... A knight legion. They are said to be honorless brutes and berserks, like, thats what the stories say, but they are actually a very disciplined corps of elite knights. But due to the tasks they do, the rumors make them a scary pile of barbarians instead of the honorable knights and saviours they are. Its a job without apprecitation, but a job that needs to be done. They are directly under the king, well, Johanna, my character, is. And the legion is directly under her command. Sounds good?
Okay. That sounds good. I was about to recommend she be part of the Cavaliers, but if it's that, probably best to make a new Corp, kinda like the one no one likes to talk about.

I see no problems with it.

Okay. That sounds good. I was about to recommend she be part of the Cavaliers, but if it's that, probably best to make a new Corp, kinda like the one no one likes to talk about.

I see no problems with it.
Should i wait for Birdboy to approve it before making the character?

Damn you, Alteras.
You keep saying King instead of Emperor.

Actually, that sounds very much like a Sanctioned Army of troops.
Somewhat like the Astartes from 40k too. They are honorable warriors, but most planets merely tell legends of them, as either angels, wolves or savage brutes.

Damn you, Alteras.
You keep saying King instead of Emperor.

Actually, that sounds very much like a Sanctioned Army of troops.
Somewhat like the Astartes from 40k too. They are honorable warriors, but most planets merely tell legends of them, as either angels, wolves or savage brutes.
Yeah, it would be more negative rumors, but they would be honorable knights. So i can take it its approved?

Haha, I'm just not use to thinking of the king of Albion as an emperor, especially after all the craziness of the original rp
If I gosh-darned need to make a character that is the Emperor to make you remember, then you bet I will.

(Imagines the shiny armor)
14818917939100.jpg

If I gosh-darned need to make a character that is the Emperor to make you remember, then you bet I will.

(Imagines the shiny armor)
14818917939100.jpg
Victoria is ready to serve :P

I'm just gonna wait until someone tries to place a sword on my abdomen. It'll be fun.
Does Évelyne have arachnophobia or not... Hmm....:lennyslash:

He's a giant spider-morph walking behind and trying not to look at anyone, and he showed up as from the woods. That ought to warrant suspicion, if not a " BEGONE, MONSTER".
Yes, it might, but my characters corps wont want to stick anything up his abdomen if he doesnt actually brake laws.

Would 300 men be a suitable amount of warriors for them, or should i go for 1200, because they are called a legion and a legion had around taht number usually=?
A legion is not 1200 men.
An Ancient Roman Legion had at least around 3000 men, but often they peaked at around 6000.

In modern times, a Legion is a larger division led by a Major General that counts from 10,000 to 15,000 men. No auxiliaries.

A legion is not 1200 men.
An Ancient Roman Legion had at least around 3000 men, but often they peaked at around 6000.

In modern times, a Legion is a larger division led by a Major General that counts from 10,000 to 15,000 men. No auxiliaries.
Well, i am still gonna call them legion, but they wont have 15k men. 3k is too much too.

And i must´ve remembered wrong from the romans then.

Whatever, does 1000 then sound reasonable given their task?

Well, i am still gonna call them legion, but they wont have 15k men. 3k is too much too.

And i must´ve remembered wrong from the romans then.

Whatever, does 1000 then sound reasonable given their task?
Usually, you'd be discharged for having 1000 men in a "Legion," but since this is just a Sanctioned army that falls outside the normal ranking system of the Imperial Military, I suppose the Emperor, frankly "wouldn't give a fuck," about what they are called, just that they work.

And there is no actual military formation that has exactly 1000 men.
Battalions and Cohorts can count anywhere from 300 to 800, while Regiments and Brigades can have from 2,000 to 4,000. The thing is, a Regiment/Brigade is made up of Battalions/Cohorts, and as you can see there is no middle ground.

Since you wanted to have a Crusade Army, the closest thing to a 1000-men army you can have is a Chapter (Largest type of Paladin army,) that counts from 900 to 1000 men, usually with an auxiliary force of priests, clerics, healers, exorcists, inquisitors, banner-bearers, apothecaries and a joint-force of two to three platoons from a normal army (anywhere from 30 to 90 soldiers.)

Usually, you'd be discharged for having 1000 men in a "Legion," but since this is just a Sanctioned army that falls outside the normal ranking system of the Imperial Military, I suppose the Emperor, frankly "wouldn't give a fuck," about what they are called, just that they work.

And there is no actual military formation that has exactly 1000 men.
Battalions and Cohorts can count anywhere from 300 to 800, while Regiments and Brigades can have from 2,000 to 4,000. The thing is, a Regiment/Brigade is made up of Battalions/Cohorts, and as you can see there is no middle ground.

Since you wanted to have a Crusade Army, the closest thing to a 1000-men army you can have is a Chapter (Largest type of Paladin army,) that counts from 900 to 1000 men, usually with an auxiliary force of priests, clerics, healers, exorcists, inquisitors, banner-bearers, apothecaries and a joint-force of two to three platoons from a normal army (anywhere from 45 to 90 soldiers.)
Well, then they would be something on their own. Their official title will be 13th legion, but they ususally are reffered to as "The Hunt" by everyone anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back