• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Gods and Monsters ((OOC))

Main
Here
Characters
Here
He's the god of knowledge my dude.
Also no one's even remotely interested in interacting with the socially dead artificer god. Thraika has the social skills of a camel and the obsession of a pokemon trainer
That dosent answer why he dosent just want knowledge he wants no one else to have any knowledge. You have through this described him as one who would rather burn the world than let a mortal have the secret of fire or steam or writting because it was his knowledge and only he gets it

Then that wouldn't bug cath the rest of the dead woukd go to the afterlife and do whatever they want.

A
Now back to him monitoring the dead or rather all of his dead from over the years he hasn't picked so thousands at all times to smite them shoukd they talk wven though the whole point was they were sharing the knowledge by writing it down in the library where only other dead people coukd get it
Thraika only monitors the dead they deem vital but couldn't get for some reason. Those who die in the Underworld are very very rarely saved from their fate since so many go mad. The expeditions are rare in the first place, and Thraika already chooses only the best to go down there because he knows they won't be coming back. It's a bit different from the afterlife expeditions, but the security's still tight.
They won't store the knowledge in a library without taking copies of it, Thraika still visits them even if he can't directly help them anymore. I don't think they'd put it down in a library where anyone can get it, unless the library's secure enough they can rely on it.

That dosent answer why he dosent just want knowledge he wants no one else to have any knowledge. You have through this described him as one who would rather burn the world than let a mortal have the secret of fire or steam or writting because it was his knowledge and only he gets it
Yeah that's pretty on-par for the course actually. If he could, he'd hoard it all but oh wait the clerics need tech to find more tech so oof I guess he's begrudgingly agreeing to share the shit. But the eldritch stuff is his. He gets to keep it as long as it looks shiny.

Yeah that's pretty on-par for the course actually. If he could, he'd hoard it all but oh wait the clerics need tech to find more tech so oof I guess he's begrudgingly agreeing to share the shit. But the eldritch stuff is his. He gets to keep it as long as it looks shiny.
He is knowledge he should know everything already with the only mystery being the future

That aside there is nothing the expedition could have found that is that big of a secret. He'll if anything I only expected them to me tonight the big lizard and be let go

He is knowledge he should know everything already with the only mystery being the future
Derealization Derealization uh...wait Thraika does know everything?

I would say that Thraika doesn't know everything everything...like he knows a lot for sure, but a lot of his character is focused around the seeking knowledge part, not the "I already know everything". He's obsessed with finding out more, because he doesn't know everything in entirety. I mean, sure he can name all the theories of divine magic, all the history of the pantheon, but can't use the magic himself for obvious reasons. Thraika still has his limits, such as why the barrier's weakening, how it was made, what happened to the old gods, etc.
Thraika knows a lot, but not everything.

That aside there is nothing the expedition could have found that is that big of a secret.
They could have found something to do with the barrier, something to do with the lost gods, etc. I don't know. It's up to Derealization Derealization honestly, since Thraika hadn't been able to exactly give them a call. I do know that the mad cleric knows something interesting, but since I'm not the GM I can't really make up something about it so I'm waiting for a loredump lol

Derealization Derealization uh...wait Thraika does know everything?

I would say that Thraika doesn't know everything everything...like he knows a lot for sure, but a lot of his character is focused around the seeking knowledge part, not the "I already know everything". He's obsessed with finding out more, because he doesn't know everything in entirety. I mean, sure he can name all the theories of divine magic, all the history of the pantheon, but can't use the magic himself for obvious reasons. Thraika still has his limits, such as why the barrier's weakening, how it was made, what happened to the old gods, etc.
Thraika knows a lot, but not everything.

He should have all knowledge that disent mean he has all understanding he can recite anything bur not truly understand it

They could have found something to do with the barrier, something to do with the lost gods, etc. I don't know. It's up to Derealization Derealization honestly, since Thraika hadn't been able to exactly give them a call. I do know that the mad cleric knows something interesting, but since I'm not the GM I can't really make up something about it so I'm waiting for a loredump lol
I mean ge could have legit just asked

Him " hey cath you know where the souls of the last expedition are?"
Her " yeah"
Him "cool need to check their findings"
Her "sure"

He should have all knowledge that disent mean he has all understanding he can recite anything bur not truly understand it
Ah yes me on my exams
I would say he still has his limitations, might not understand a lot of eldritch shit but knows about it and will send scientists to investigate it. Thraika does not have all knowledge currently. Since I based a lot of Thraika's character around the "I don't have all knowledge so I must get it" part, hypothetically if he were to know everything Thraika would literally be bored to death.

I mean ge could have legit just asked

Him " hey cath you know where the souls of the last expedition are?"
Her " yeah"
Him "cool need to check their findings"
Her "sure"
Like I said. Thraika has the social skills of a camel. He will literally create a machine that allows mortals to fly instead of...just asking the god of travel for a better trade route or something. It would be a little out of character to directly demand another god when he could deliberately take an entire route around it and instead not even mention the expedition at all.

Plus Cath is scary lmao.

Like I said. Thraika has the social skills of a camel. He will literally create a machine that allows mortals to fly instead of...asking the god of travel for a better trade route or something. It would be a little out of character to directly demand another god when he could deliberately take an entire route around it and instead not even mention the expedition at all.
Fir a god of knowledge he is extremely stupid and I mean super stupid this isn't even social skills it's not like he needs a passport or anything he could show up at the library if he wanted any god could and just talk to the souls. This isn't so much avoiding social interaction so much as killing yourself in a saw equse death trap be ause other people exist

Like you are having him talk to and wirk with another god right now literally he has had more social interaction than it would take to ask about those souls ir even visit to ask them himself

Fir a god of knowledge he is extremely stupid and I mean super stupid this isn't even social skills it's not like he needs a passport or anything he could show up at the library if he wanted any god could and just talk to the souls. This isn't so much avoiding social interaction so much as killing yourself in a saw equse death trap be ause other people exist
He's super unsocial, mate. Besides, I literally just knew about the library which changes a lot of things. If I had know there would be a library, the interaction would be a lot different.

Like you are having him talk to and wirk with another god right now literally he has had more social interaction than it would take to ask about those souls ir even visit to ask them himself
That god already had connections with him. Not Cath. It was discussed OOC for them to meet up and interact. Not this encounter.
Besides, I did not know that the souls of the Afterlife was easily accessible before. I had assumed they would be locked away and Cath would not take kindly to Thraika just blatantly walking in and asking to interrogate the dead.

That god already had connections with him. Not Cath. It was discussed OOC for them to meet up and interact. Not this encounter.
Besides, I did not know that the souls of the Afterlife was easily accessible before. I had assumed they would be locked away and Cath would not take kindly to Thraika just blatantly walking in and asking to interrogate the dead.

Could have asked about the lovking them away

The point with the working with another is it contradicts what you just said be ause he is working with another instead of doing ingredients something the hardest way possable to avoid it

Side note you don't have to give the whole lore dump as the cleric/ paladin just what they know. They could very well not know to much they were mortals they wouldn't get everything right the first time. The most accurate thing tgey might give is big fuck off lizard killed us

Heck if he dosent know everything he could even a Tully be on de ent terms woth cath if he visits to go read at the library and learn the secrets of the dead.

Could have asked about the lovking them away

The point with the working with another is it contradicts what you just said be ause he is working with another instead of doing ingredients something the hardest way possable to avoid it

Side note you don't have to give the whole lore dump as the cleric/ paladin just what they know. They could very well not know to much they were mortals they wouldn't get everything right the first time. The most accurate thing tgey might give is big fuck off lizard killed us
The god of despair's domain overlaps with Thraika's and he needs this cleric's information. It's rare when they return, and since she's insane Thraika's gotta socialize(ouch) to restore her to a somewhat lucid state.

"Big fuck off lizard killed us" well shit Thraika's not going to like the monthy report. But yeah I guess they honestly don't know a lot of shit.

The god of despair's domain overlaps with Thraika's and he needs this cleric's information. It's rare when they return, and since she's insane Thraika's gotta socialize(ouch) to restore her to a somewhat lucid state.

"Big fuck off lizard killed us" well shit Thraika's not going to like the monthy report. But yeah I guess they honestly don't know a lot of shit.
They will honestly only know what you let that pair know flawed pov and everything

Heck if he dosent know everything he could even a Tully be on de ent terms woth cath if he visits to go read at the library and learn the secrets of the dead.
Noted. I guess Thraika would have asked Cath for permission to just randomly visit the library but kept contact with a minimum because he knows he'll fuck it up if let loose. There's probably nothing of note in the library, but Thraika still likes to visit(well, as much as he likes anything really).

I personally headcannoned that Thraika would be like Hermaeus Mora from Skyrim after reading through their form. He is constantly trying to gain it all and they almost have it but there are some things he doesn't have and will go to any measure to obtain it.
Not my character so I don't have much say, but it cuts back from Thraika having complete omnipotence and ultimate power. Kind of like how Suki can technically cast from any domain but it's limited in what they can do if it's not directly magical and it takes a lot out of them energy and concentration wise if that makes sense.

Noted. I guess Thraika would have asked Cath for permission to just randomly visit the library but kept contact with a minimum because he knows he'll fuck it up if let loose. There's probably nothing of note in the library, but Thraika still likes to visit(well, as much as he likes anything really).
I mean likely plenty of stuff from forgotten civilizations their history their culture all from times before our gods. There is more to knowledge than science.

I personally headcannoned that Thraika would be like Hermaeus Mora from Skyrim after reading through their form. He is constantly trying to gain it all and they almost have it but there are some things he doesn't have and will go to any measure to obtain it.
Not my character so I don't have much say, but it cuts back from Thraika having complete omnipotence and ultimate power. Kind of like how Suki can technically cast from any domain but it's limited in what they can do if it's not directly magical and it takes a lot out of them energy and concentration wise if that makes sense.
That fits even though I don't play Skyrim
I mean likely plenty of stuff from forgotten civilizations their history their culture all from times before our gods. There is more to knowledge than science.
Sure is! That's why Thraika messes around with eldritch shit(well, he fucked around and found out the hard way)

I kind of make cath hades and thanatos both literally death and the roller of the dead

That fits even though I don't play Skyrim

Sure is! That's why Thraika messes around with eldritch shit(well, he fucked around and found out the hard way)
Anywho now that I think we have this sorted I will nap. Given you are getting a lore dump if you give the dead pair one you can filter it however you like

Users who are viewing this thread

Back