• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Gods and Monsters ((OOC))

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Headcannon time!
Thraika's clerics/paladins aren't really clerics/paladins. Thraika doesn't mind being worshipped, they honestly don't really have any relationships with anyone at all(except maybe the god of despair). Their Socialization skill is in the negatives. For them, worship is another way of control, but they see themselves more like a mentor/head scientist to them or their patron. And honestly, Thraika doesn't give a flying chicken about what pronouns their clergy calls them.
Their clerics are more like scientists, alchemists, surgeons, doctors or artificers. Paladins are more like gunslingers, nurses, specific artificers or simply guards to the knowledge and secrets Thraika hoards. The paladins scour the world in search of secrets, the clerics analyze them.
To be fair, Thraika's clergy are a contentious subject. They don't mind sharing knowledge as long as they can get something out of it. Both clerics and paladins at least stick to law and order but are also seen as cold, and pragmatic. Their personalities and desires can be unpredictable and chaotic, or even nonexistent at all. Many are seen as irrational for how much they're willing to sacrifice. Hell, as long as it's a net gain, Thraika doesn't really care. Well, they got results didn't they? Yes? Well then all's well and Thraika can go back to chilling in their workshop.
Other bits: It's not uncommon for clerics to assume that they outrank a paladin in Thraika's clergic. A significant portion of paladins are guards, warforged creations made from metal(think AI robots) or apprentices to the clerics. On the other hand, the paladins are more numerous and found all over the continent.

If it helps, Thraika literally knows nothing more about the plot than the rest of you. Well, maybe they do, but can't connect the dots because the person playing them is dum
Their paladin ironically does know something interesting but it doesn't advance the plot oof.

That would confirm his guilt given given such a trespass into another's domain
Thraika not even knowing there was an imposter: Wait why are you arresting me? The mechanical chickens were only BORDERLINE ILLEGAL!
~~
Yeah, that aside Thraika literally has nothing to do with Suki outside of their shared eldritch-shit. But either way, Thraika needs to keep the barrier a secret cause I honestly have no idea what to put there.

The fact he is monitoring the likely millions of dead in the afterlife is also rather odd spying in another god

The fact he is monitoring the likely millions of dead in the afterlife is also rather odd spying in another god
Wait he was doing that?
I'm his damn player and I didn't even know he was doing that!

(lmao he honestly wasn't doing that and it wasn't my intention)
Point is. Thraika really doesn't give a shit about the Underworld other than the cool shinies he can study there. Outside of that it's not his fault => it's not his problem.
For a socially dead deity, Thraika gets around a lot even if it's cause he needs to study everything like a high school student pulling an all-nighter for an exam they forgot existed.

Wait he was doing that?
I'm his damn player and I didn't even know he was doing that!

Point is. Thraika really doesn't give a shit about the Underworld other than the cool shinies he can study there. Outside of that it's not his fault => it's not his problem

If he is watching the souls of his faithful to maje sure they don't give away any none secrets yes he must be actively monitoring any likely millions of dead if not hundreds of thousands

If he is watching the souls of his faithful to maje sure they don't give away any none secrets yes he must be actively monitoring any likely millions of dead if not hundreds of thousands
mate Thraika doesn't send millions of perfectly good clerics to the UNderworld to die

From what I can tell, going to the Underworld is hard and getting back even harder so Thraika would like to prioritize loyal clerics and those likely to survive the journey to go there. Those who die in pursuit of knowledge(note they must have died in active pursuit of it) can end up in Thraika's domain if he gets to them fast enough and if not...well, guess they can rot down there. It's mostly the souls who Thraika weren't able to "save" that end up remaining in the Underworld.
So yeah, it's a collection of them down there. Thraika can't really do much to get them out, but they are useful for manning an "outpost" on the underworld

This is a Greek situation all dead go to cath and dwell in the afterlife till they ate reborn

I'm with Karcen here. Sorry Sunsmiter, but it makes more sense for Death's player to decide the rules of the afterlife.

Thraika not even knowing there was an imposter: Wait why are you arresting me? The mechanical chickens were only BORDERLINE ILLEGAL!
~~
Yeah, that aside Thraika literally has nothing to do with Suki outside of their shared eldritch-shit. But either way, Thraika needs to keep the barrier a secret cause I honestly have no idea what to put there.
Also Thraika's Sus >.>

The underworld is not the afterlife they are two separate places
ah fair.
Well in that case Thraika has around two hundred or so clerics down there that are still more or less sane. Very bare-bones since Thraika wouldn't want to risk sending them somewhere he can't retrieve them from and potentially lose too much. Not millions. Literally none of the gods have millions of worshippers.
In that case he doesn't keep a library down there Karcen Karcen
The dead may have an investigation or a lab down there, but no library. They may have typewriters and fax machines, but no libraries of such size. Thraika's the god of knowledge but more steampunk. Thraika wouldn't approve of keeping "a valuable resource" down somewhere they can't calculate or control.
It's more likely he has a laboratory he himself frequently visits. Think of the International Space Station.

ah fair.
Well in that case Thraika has around two hundred or so clerics down there that are still more or less sane. Very bare-bones since Thraika wouldn't want to risk sending them somewhere he can't retrieve them from and potentially lose too much. Not millions. Literally none of the gods have millions of worshippers.
In that case he doesn't keep a library down there Karcen Karcen
The dead may have an investigation or a lab down there, but no library. They may have typewriters and fax machines, but no libraries of such size. Thraika's the god of knowledge but more steampunk. Thraika wouldn't approve of keeping "a valuable resource" down somewhere they can't calculate or control.

The library was made by the dead its a place where those that worshiped him in life congregate during their death to record their knowledge and learn what they never could in life. It is older than than he currently gods just like the afterlife itself

If he wanted to take all his dead ino his personal afterlife he would need to be on very good terms with cath given he is fucking up the cycle of rebirth by keeping them from their natural end.

The library was made by the dead its a place where those that worshiped him in life congregate during their death to record their knowledge and learn what they never could in life. It is older than than he currently gods just like the afterlife itself
The clerics can record it there, although as long as it can't be held as evidence against him Thraika won't mind. It's possible, but there will be bulk/copies of the notes will be stored in the main laboratories. Thraika can and will visit the Underworld to just check up on them/occasionally pick up the new results.
Threatening the library will be a grave offense to Thraika himself, since the deity goes there as well. Burning it down or destroying it will literally lead to Thraika going: "Fuck it!" and fucking off to another one of their thousand year naps/pilgramages.
Threatening the labs will trigger the paladins/clerics btw. ( Karcen Karcen ) Cause it's...literally their home and temple. Sorta. IF you REALLY wanna threaten the paladins, mention how Thraika didn't choose to spare them for his domain or how the laboratories aren't even that important to him.

Then he had better be bestest friends with cath to so mess with her charges which are all dead

Then he wouldn't be so easily let go of breaking the cycle of life death and rebirth that all mortals go through by taking his followers out and away from the afterlife

Basically, threatening the library itself will concern the clerics/paladins in which case they'll completely retreat to their emergency plan, which is basically hide in their lab/bunker and wait for Thraika to give them the "ok". If all else goes to hell, copy as many notes as they can if Thraika can't make it down to collect them, get as much info out before shit hits the fan and pray Thraika knows how to socialize ONCE to save their asses.
If all else fails, destroy the lab. Destroy it so the knowledge doesn't fall into wrong hands. Thraika will probably get a brain aneurysm just thinking about it, but it's the last last resort they have. As in. If it ain't gone before noon Thraika's going to have half the entire pantheon after him.
However, threatening the laboratory will prompt the clerics to go into lockdown/emergency mode, and will probably draw Thraika's attention. They really really take threats against it seriously.

Then he wouldn't be so easily let go of breaking the cycle of life death and rebirth that all mortals go through by taking his followers out and away from the afterlife
From what I can tell, Thraika will want to keep the "exceptional" souls for himself, such as keeping the souls that have notable achievements in his domain. The lesser ones he can more or less ignore, the ones that are actually interesting might get yoinked to his domain to, I dunno, get reborn as mechanical angels for the rest of eternity or something

They are the dead and cath is the ultimate necromancer they won't have a choice in their actions should she burn the library. Which would contain nothing the god disent already know be ause he's the god of knowledge all knowledge he is knowledge itself.

They are the dead and cath is the ultimate necromancer they won't have a choice in their actions should she burn the library. Which would contain nothing the god disent already know be ause he's the god of knowledge all knowledge he is knowledge itself.
Well....fair. But Thraika still won't be happy. It's a library, even though Thraika's the steampunk dude it's still gonna hurt like hell.
Besides, think of all those chances lost! And how the hell are we going to teach the paladin Underworlding 101 now?

From what I can tell, Thraika will want to keep the "exceptional" souls for himself, such as keeping the souls that have notable achievements in his domain. The lesser ones he can more or less ignore, the ones that are actually interesting might get yoinked to his domain to, I dunno, get reborn as mechanical angels for the rest of eternity or something
Yes a few the best and most favored of a deity likrly get picked by a god. But a vast majority are stuck in the afterlife. As it's not just his clerics abd paladins that would conregwe there but any worshiper of his that wants to hang out there

Users who are viewing this thread

Back