• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Game of Thrones-inspired Political Fantasy RP

Aratani

Professional Nose Bleeder
Hi all!

So, watching the debut of House of the Dragon on HBO made me ITCH for a political, low fantasy RP.
I'm interested in running a backstabby, plots-inside-plots Court-politics RP, maybe here in RP Nation, maybe on Discord, maybe on a forum. It depends on what y'all are into.

That said, I want to inherit the "Houses" idea from GOT (Starks, Lannisters and so on) and the low fantasy setting - but that's it. We'll collaboratively worldbuild the rest.
In that sense, I think going into a big fantasy world at first would be a mistake. So let's start with a smaller setting - think only King's Landing, for example.
You could be a Lord of a minor house. You could be a nobody trying to make their way into Court. You could be the right hand of the King by day and spend your evenings planning on when to strike and take the crown for your own House. There are endless possibilities!

I hope to find people interested in creating drama and plots together. Don't be afraid to backstab each other! That's the fun of it! I'll be the Narrator (or Game Master) if you will. I won't have a character, while simultaneously playing many. I will make NPCs act towards their goals, but I'll always keep in mind that it is about YOU and YOUR character. But hey! Where's the fun if they get what they want with no pushback?

The higher your goals, the tougher it will be to achieve them.
I expect to find people that are very literate and very much into literature. Long, wordy posts are encouraged! Talk about your characters' feelings, emotions, and thought processes. What do they want? What rules their world? Money? Power? Prestige? Love? And who's stopping them from getting what they want?

I think this could be very exciting and hope to hear from you soon!

Cheers :)

That sounds really intriguing! I'd like to play the role of some sort of spy or mole in a political party or faction. I haven't watched GOT but I'm highly interested in low-fantasy worlds with a lot of strategic warfare and drama.

I’m very interested. This is right up my alley. Also I watched the debut of House of the Dragon. I finished GoT ages ago. I must say, I too have an ITCH… so I’m in!

oh yes. political fantasy is an itch i didn't know i needed to scratch until now. consider me interested!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back